Saved Guild Influence Becoming Worthless

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Anyone else feel rather shafted about our accumulated guild influence turning worthless on launch day?

I think the main issue is that we have no way to even spend it all before the change. I’m losing just under 350k influence which can translate to quite a lot of gold, if I could only convert it in time..

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Anyone else feel rather shafted about our accumulated guild influence turning worthless on launch day?

I think the main issue is that we have no way to even spend it all before the change. I’m losing just under 350k influence which can translate to quite a lot of gold, if I could only convert it in time..

Its not worthless you can still convert it you should moan about guild merits tho since they are being completely removed not converted into anything.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We’ve known about this since June. You also have time to spend all of it after the expansion goes live.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/rethinking-guilds/

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

You still have plenty of time to turn that 350 K into a bunch of hero banners, world boss unlocks, guild catas (which you can then sell for gold if you dont want to keep them), etc. I did that with about half of the 1 million influence we had as of last week.

And, as others have said, they wont be useless anyway – there will be conversion options post HOT.

Ayrilana.1396

Also be aware that everything that is queued when the expansion goes live will automatically be completed regardless as to how much time is left.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Guys, but guild commendations are still OK, right?

Ayrilana.1396

Guys, but guild commendations are still OK, right?

Yes. Those are not going anywhere. What’s still unknown, or I haven’t seen anything about yet, is how they will be awarded with the new missions and how many will be received.

Gav.1425

You still have plenty of time to turn that 350 K into …

To my knowledge, we will no longer be able to make consumables (banners, etc) after Friday. Is this not correct? Can we still make consumables?

I know whatever is queued will be completed, but 10 slots of build queue isn’t going to spend my remaining 350k. I’m been spending my influence from as long as I can remember—way before the influence announcements.

For those of you thinking 350k is no big deal, it translates to 1000g on conservative numbers. I don’t think anyone here would be happy on losing 1000g that you’ve actually earned.

Ayrilana.1396

To my knowledge, we will no longer be able to make consumables (banners, etc) after Friday. Is this not correct? Can we still make consumables?

I know whatever is queued will be completed, but 10 slots of build queue isn’t going to spend my remaining 350k. I’m been spending my influence from as long as I can remember—way before the influence announcements.

For those of you thinking 350k is no big deal, it translates to 1000g on conservative numbers. I don’t think anyone here would be happy on losing 1000g that you’ve actually earned.

Did you spend gold on the influence?

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Well there’s your mistake. You bought influence with gold and expected it to be worth the money.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

yes. But any consumbale you make now will still be available to use after Friday. Banners, seiges, etc. now have a max of 25. You can speed up or queue them now to use after Friday until they run out.

In my guild, we have 400k inf but I really can’t be bother to use them up before Friday. I’m just that lazy. I’ll just slowly convert them later after Friday.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Influence is not worthless: You can convert it into Favor.

Gav.1425

I never said I bought influence; I said I earned it ie. PvP guild does PvP —> influence.

Someone claimed we still had plenty of time to turn 350k into something useful. I don’t know how 1d11hr falls under plenty of time to spend 350k.

Convert it to favor? These aren’t guild hall guilds and the devs even joked about to ridiculously poor the conversion rate will be. That seems like hardly an answer.

My complaint is a lack of an adequate way to spend my influence.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I never said I bought influence; I said I earned it ie. PvP guild does PvP —> influence.

Someone claimed we still had plenty of time to turn 350k into something useful. I don’t know how 1d11hr falls under plenty of time to spend 350k.

Convert it to favor? These aren’t guild hall guilds and the devs even joked about to ridiculously poor the conversion rate will be. That seems like hardly an answer.

Que banners.
Speed up que on banners until they are complete.
Que more banners.

Is it a less efficient way than waiting out the ques? Yes.

Is it a more efficient way to spend the influence than converting it to favor? Maybe?

I’ve nearly run down all our influence at this point, but if I were you I’d just que up banners and junk (I made stacks of bank yaks to run through the merits) and just do the favor conversion system after release.

I mean, if you have 350k in the bank, you obviously weren’t using it for anything important anyway, so who cares if you waste it on overexpensive banners or badd ration favor conversion right?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Ayrilana.1396

Then why bring up the 1K gold bit? You can’t convert influence into gold.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

How do you turn 350k influence into 1000 gold?

Not being sarcastic. If there is a way, I would love to know it.

On a practical note – as far as spending what you still have, you can spend influence to rush the build queue. It’s extremely easy to spend it before tomorrow night. I know – I spent half an hour yesterday burning through a bunch in that manner (probably close to 350K funnily enough).

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Gav.1425

I can turn 350k into 1000g. That’s not the point of this thread.

Ayrilana.1396

Proof? There is reason to question it since you’re using it in your argument.

Gav.1425

Obviously it’s competitive if I’m not disclosing it.

Spamming the speed up option would cut that 1000g to about 100g, if.

Posted by: Kalriostraz.6819

Kalriostraz.6819

Obviously it’s competitive if I’m not disclosing it.

Spamming the speed up option would cut that 1000g to about 100g, if.

Yet with it going away there is no reason to keep it secret other than either your own ego or to cover that you’re lying. Which do you think is more likely to be what everyone is thinking?

On topic a bit, it is annoying that it’s becoming largely irrelevant, but such is what happens with expansions and system overhauls unfortunately.

Posted by: Seth Moonshadow.2710

Seth Moonshadow.2710

Apparently some have be building guild catapults with influence. When its done you get a blueprint that they do something with and sell on the TP for approximately 2g each. So basically 500 influence turns into 2g or 350k Influence into 1400g.

Though we have know we were losing influence a long time ago. As mentioned it is there to spend on Favor, Aetherium, & Resonance after HoT.

| Dungeon Adventures | Blackgate | PvE | Lost Precipice | Gilded Hallow | Windswept Haven (soon)
http://www.dungeon-adventures.com

Ayrilana.1396

Apparently some have be building guild catapults with influence. When its done you get a blueprint that they do something with and sell on the TP for approximately 2g each. So basically 500 influence turns into 2g or 350k Influence into 1400g.

Though we have know we were losing influence a long time ago. As mentioned it is there to spend on Favor, Aetherium, & Resonance after HoT.

I didn’t think that those could be sold. I figured they were like the golem ones which couldn’t.

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

How about a refund on all the gold we spent on Influence??

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

You can spawn only 1 cata per 10 minutes so it would still take a quite long time getting them all out.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

No, I don’t feel shafted:

• They alerted us ahead of time.
  • They are providing a way to use the influence after Launch.

In any case, ANet didn’t design the influence system as a way to earn gold — just because some of us have figured some ways to monetize guild currency doesn’t mean ANet needs to make it easy for us.

(And why weren’t you able to convert 350k over the last 4 months? Or are you saying that even after converting as much as you could that you ended up with 350k left? If that’s the case, then I’d say, great for you — you’ll have a leg up with some of the new currencies.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

You can spawn only 1 cata per 10 minutes so it would still take a quite long time getting them all out.

He had 4 months, I’m not seeing a problem here…

(edited by Vavume.8065)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

considering we have know this since 18 of june how much influence have you been useing to still have 350k now?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/rethinking-guilds/