Saving Builds?

Saving Builds?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

Will HoT finally add the much needed ability to save builds? At least being able to save the trait setups would be a huge help for having to switch out certain things during dungeons/fractals/etc.

Saving Builds?

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

It’s one of the most asked for options so one would hope they’d add it at some point.

I don’t think it’ll come with the expansion as it could easily cause bugs that could hinder the release and cause bad reviews so I’d imagine they’ll either release something like this in a feature pack before or after the expansions release.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Saving Builds?

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I do hope they add it, but sorry guys, I’d like this to be a pvp feature only, or at least locked in WvW. Can you imagine roaming in WvW as a power thief, you run into an engi, get rekt but manage to escape in a well timed Shadow Refuge. The engi know which way you’re heading, and you know you’re doomed. So while you’re still out of combat, while stealthed, you switch to condi cheese p/d, and kill the engi. See the problem? But for pvp it’s definitely a must, especially if profession MMR becomes a thing, and if Stronghold and Conquest share a queue.

Saving Builds?

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

I do hope they add it, but sorry guys, I’d like this to be a pvp feature only, or at least locked in WvW. Can you imagine roaming in WvW as a power thief, you run into an engi, get rekt but manage to escape in a well timed Shadow Refuge. The engi know which way you’re heading, and you know you’re doomed. So while you’re still out of combat, while stealthed, you switch to condi cheese p/d, and kill the engi. See the problem? But for pvp it’s definitely a must, especially if profession MMR becomes a thing, and if Stronghold and Conquest share a queue.

I don’t think it’ll be that much of an issue, if you let your enemy get out of combat in WvW you should be assuming the next enemy you fight will be different anyway (even if you’re chasing someone).

Though they could always limit the build swapping to spawn areas if people think it’s that much of an issue.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Saving Builds?

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

I think it might happen with Heart of Thorns. It is kind of related to the idea of specializations which I’m certain is another thing players will want to be able to switch on the fly.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Saving Builds?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

All it requires in WvW/PVE is for the build switching to be a 10-15 second channelled “cast” that causes the the caster to be revealed. It would allow you to “bookmark” a build, not to insta switch between them.

Saving Builds?

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

All it requires in WvW/PVE is for the build switching to be a 10-15 second channelled “cast” that causes the the caster to be revealed. It would allow you to “bookmark” a build, not to insta switch between them.

Good thinking! It could even come with an animation that could visually imply that you’re switching builds, which would mean better immersion.