Scribe

Scribe

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Q:

So for the new HoT guild crafting discipline, The Scribe:

Did anyone pick up if this is an actual crafting profession like Cook or Jeweler and therefore subject to the limit of two active on any one character at any one time?
Or
Is it part of the new Guild Hall functionality completely separate of the other crafting professions?

Scribe

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m not 100% sure but I think they said it was a new profession that would go to 400 for now, and I believe it will use a crafting slot.

I’m happy I bought the craft slot expander during the Anniversary sale. Any of my alts can pick up Scribe.

Scribe

Posted by: lordvroom.1274

lordvroom.1274

Yes it is a 100% new crafting profession. It is being added to the list (like cook, weaponsmith, etc.).

In order to train this profession you must interact with the scribe in your guild hall (HoT + guild hall required to start/train) and the only place where you can use it is within your guild hall, it is not being added to Lions Arch or other cities.

So…it is part of the new guild hall functionality and now there are a total of 9 crafting professions

-Vrontios
Leader of The Backup [CREW]
Fort Aspenwood

Scribe

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Yes a new profession for sure.
My rev will be the Scriber among my toons.
EDIT: BTW it seems a good idea to level and/or save tomes for the new batch of revs.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Scribe

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

it is not being added to Lions Arch or other cities.

I believe you are incorrect on that part, as they stated that guilds that have unlocked the ability to make banners (which now requires scribe) will continue to have access to that, even if they don’t get a guild hall.

I believe it will be accessible in the Guild Initiative building in Lion’s Arch.

Also, there are backpacks you can make with Scribe, just as you can with the other crafting disciplines. From that, I’m guessing that you can use your own materials, as opposed to only ones put in for guild use. It worries me that this is how people will be expected to level up Scribe, but only one or two people per developed guild can actually get full use out of it. Imagine spending the time and gold to level it up, only to be told that someone else will be guild Scribe.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.