Scribing is Utterly Broken

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Scribing is awful, I hope it gets fixed.

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: Land of Cheese.2584

Land of Cheese.2584

Anet has always been about absurdly high numbers of mats being required for things. Look at the Mystic Forge, look at legendary weapons, look at any crafting for that matter. Since Guild Halls and Scribes are “guild level” activities, it’s only natural to expect that “haha let’s make the number stupid high” is going to get even dumber.

I’m my guild’s scribe. The mats requirements are so high we’ve been ignoring it. Just having a hall is enough of a grind already.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I just spent 1500g leveling scribe from 350 to 400. Used 20 guild vaults and 7 backpieces.

Then I looked at what I could make at 400 and outside of a grandfather clock there wasn’t much since it’s gated behind other decos/guild level lol.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Anet has always been about absurdly high numbers of mats being required for things. Look at the Mystic Forge, look at legendary weapons, look at any crafting for that matter. Since Guild Halls and Scribes are “guild level” activities, it’s only natural to expect that “haha let’s make the number stupid high” is going to get even dumber.

I’m my guild’s scribe. The mats requirements are so high we’ve been ignoring it. Just having a hall is enough of a grind already.

I’ve crafted 4 legendaries and they were stupid simple compared to this. The only hassle was when they got rid of skill points and you had to go farm and hope that spirit shards dropped in your bags. Otherwise, most mats were easily bought at a reasonable price or gathered simply by PLAYING (not farming) the game.