Scribing wish list - new & existing items

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: UnfairOphelia.9763

UnfairOphelia.9763

Hello all. I’m the Scribe for my Guild, and have been enjoying the changes to Scribing made a little while ago. I’m now drowning in Resonating Slivers and Lumber Cores, and am running out of things to make! So I sat down and, over the past couple of weeks, made a rather large Scribing Wish List. I’ve included examples for the items that already exist in-game, as well as suggestions for how to improve certain Scribing recipes.

Scribing in general:

• more uses for lumber cores
  • ability to reuse Ceramic Planters
  • ability to put items under water
  • ability to tilt items (eg row of candles up sides of a staircase)
  • ability to mirror items ( \_ <-> _/ )

Increase availability of:

• Evergreen Slivers / Lodestones
  • Maguuma Lily
  • Rare Flower Seeds
  • Jungle Grass Seeds
  • Giant Mushroom Spores
  • Pieces of Mother-of-Pearl
  • Lamp Finials
  • world boss trophies (currently a measure of luck, not kills)

New items for us to make (that already exist in the game):
Architecture:

• guard rails (Vanguard Hospital, Salma District, Divinity’s Reach)
  • plain flags in colours other than “Red Flag” and “White Flag”
  • Large Guild Banner (as already listed in Wiki)
  • Gilded Banner (as already listed in Wiki)
  • gym equipment (Farhar of Young Heroes, Black Citadel)
  • training dummy (various types all over Tyria)
  • chalkboards (Farhar of Young Heroes, Black Citadel)
  • weapon racks (various types all over Tyria)
  • fabric room dividers (Oceanside Ordinance, Straits of Devastation)

Furniture:

• norn chairs & furniture (Durgar’s Homestead, Snowden Drifts) (Gavbeorn’s WP, Cursed Shore)
  • charr chairs & furniture (home instance, Black Citadel)
  • picnic table (SAB)(NE of Town of Cathal WP, Caledon Forest)
  • desk (many regular ones throughout Tyria) (standing desk behind Willow in basement of The Maiden’s Whisper, Divinity’s Reach)

Lighting:

• streetlight with hanging planters and banners (N of Minister Wi’s Mansion, Divinity’s Reach)
  • octopus wall sconce (Order of Whispers headquarters, LA)

Plants:

• more mid-sized flowers and plants (approx. Jungle Grass size) (large fern, Caledon Haven Waypoint, Caledon Forest) (orange shrubs beside Loreclaw WP, Plains of Ashford)
  • more mid-sized trees (with greenery near the ground) (weeping willow, Royal Terrace, Divinity’s Reach)
  • climbing plants like ivy that we can put on walls (already in guild hall)

Statues:

• more statues in general(medium & large sized)
  • Abbadon
  • golden dragon statues (inner chamber, Tarir, Auric Basin)
  • water bearer statue (beside Ossan WP, Divinity’s Reach)
  • armed angels (Ebonhawke Asura Gate, Divinity’s Reach)
  • golden water bearer wall plaques/statues (in tower at Plaza of Lyssa, Divinity’s Reach)
  • norn spirit totem statues (freestanding and/or wall mounted) (various locations in Hoelbrak)
  • other racial statues (to go with the “Charr Statue” we can already make; possibly other statues from Langmar Estate Guild Puzzle)

Other:

• rugs
  • piles of firewood (Wynchona Rally Point WP, Harathi Hinterlands)
  • bundle of all one colour balloons (especially white)
  • beer/water wagon with awning (south of Busted Flagon, Divinity’s Reach)
  • apple cart
  • more paintings for the walls
  • drums (Kyesjard, Timberline Falls)

New items for us to make (that don’t already exist in game):

• picnic set (blanket with basket) (blanket on beach south of Farshore WP, LA)
  • beanbag chairs / large floor pillows (charr-sized)
  • piles of floor pillows (like in the Vabbi Library in GW1)
  • more topiaries
  • Potted Shrub that actually looks like the image in the icon for Potted Shrub

Recipe review requests:

• mists statues (tiny, 100 badges of tribute each). Would suggest either much cheaper to make, or larger (like the dolyaks in LA).
  • guild chair/stool/barstool (20/40/50 resonating fragments to make). Would suggest significant reduction in number of resonating slivers needed to make these items.
  • square guild bar/guild bar (20 resonating fragments/20 resonating lodestones plus 60 resonating fragments to make). Would suggest a significant reduction in the number of resonating slivers needed to make these items.
  • summit banners (3 summit flags each (75 cotton bolts) / racial summit banners (50 linen bolts and 75 cotton bolts each)). Would suggest not requiring Summit Flags to create the Summit Banner.
    Also, why does the Summit Flag have 2 flags on the pole, but the racial Summit Flags have only one flag? Was originally expecting one Summit Flag and one Racial Flag per Racial Summit Flag pole.
  • hedge/hedge corner/hedge pillar (need 6 evergreen lodestones each). Would suggest removal of Spire Topiary intermediate step.
  • elegant square pillar (12 essence of elegance @50s each). Would suggest decreasing number of essences required to make it to perhaps half.
  • Maguuma Lily (Double and Triple Bloom) (single needs 1 maguuma lily, double needs 3 total, triple needs 6 total Maguuma Lilies). Would suggest double and triple bloom versions just use 1 new Maguuma Lily in addition to existing plant, instead of 2 or 3.
Scribe and Executive Officer of Sognatori di Tramonto [DRMS] on Fort Aspenwood.
A proud altaholic and cartographer.

(edited by UnfairOphelia.9763)

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

Would like to add that the cost for blue orchid is quite ridiculous. 50 rare flower seeds is quite a lot to ask for a normal looking flower. Either lower the material requirement or increase seed drop rates.

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

I am completely for the buff to world boss pieces. Not only do you need twice as many compared to Raid bosses, but they are also not a guaranteed drop (Raid boss pieces are guaranteed) and they only drop in single number (you can get up to 5 from Raid bosses). My guild has a trophy room, our own Rogues’ Gallery, so to speak. It’s disheartening to look at our gold Raid trophies and realize it’s going to take so very much longer to add the gold world boss trophies.

And agreed on the rare flower seeds. When I saw the amount needed and the cost of it, for one single flower, it was disheartening. As it is, I’ve skipped on crafting that particular one, even though I’m quite curious what it will look like in our guild hall. I love the Maguuma Lilies and this orchid would be a great addition to the more tropical plantlife we can make.

All in all, though, I’m very happy with the changes they made to Scribing, especially the vastly reduced amount of linseed oil needed. It could use some tweaking here and there and I hope ANet will take OP’s suggestions (great suggestion, by the way!) into consideration.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Great post, thank you for making it!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Very nice. I would really like to see more changes to scribing, the thought even after the last changes, behind what needs to be used to make things seems a little shaky.

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

This is exactly the kind of thing i hope a team at Anet is going over. Scribing needs fixes and this is a great place to start. Also I’d like to see adding new(already existing in game) furniture/architecture/plants of all 5 races in game. Many more options could be available. Understandably that takes a team to decide on the recipes and time, but kinda wish this had already been done.

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

(edited by Kelly.7019)

Posted by: HumbleMoe.4391

HumbleMoe.4391

Asura tech, from computer consoles and random equipment to hover hammocks. The square and chevron shaped jumping stones found all over Maguuma jungle.
Guild siege, maps both for a desk and wall display.

Also, new items that would utilize some of the account bound and rare things like tomes of knowledge, unidentified fossilized insects, foxfire etc. in ways related to the items. Books that could sit on a desk and occasionally flip a page up to the book from the Prophecies shield perhaps. An ambrite weapons rack or some such, glowy moving plants.

Speaking of plants, a lot of them would look much nicer without the pots. such as the larger night thistles and maguuma lilies.

Don’t Panic!

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I don’t see why sliver costs need to be reduced, it’s very easy to get them if not buy them on the TP. Especially as if you just play for some time and do some guild missions every week you easily get enough to build loads of lodestones if you really want to. In fact it’s very easy to get swamped with them, and if anything, having the guild items expanded in this fashion is a better idea than further making slivers even more worthless.

Other than that most of the suggestions seem good. Especially regarding things that drop very very rarely and are needed in multiple amounts.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

This is a really well-written and thought out post.

To add to this, I would like the ability to adjust an item’s horizontal position, even clipping into the ground. This would allow us to lower trees and shrubs in order to get rid of the planters if we don’t want them.

I agree with the sentiment about world boss trophy pieces. As a small guild, the thought of crafting the trophies feels pretty hopeless.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Re-posting from a different thread;

Looking at my Scribes storage, it might be an idea to implement some kind of storage exclusively for Scribing materials. With decorations needing mats from a variety of Scribe tiers, it is useful to keep a lot of the things and that’s a lot of bank or invent space to dedicate.

Possible solutions:

- An extra tab in the bank or mat storage area exclusively for each item (similar to the decorations tab where every item has a slot, but for personal use)

- Ability to put the items into the Guild Bank and then link it to the crafting station. Could be personal or guild wide accessed.

- A scribing slot in the Guild Hall menu like Guild Decorations where anyone could access and pool the resources from. It could be an extra free tab or one you unlock like any other Guild Hall upgrade

It’s not the end of the world, but it would be useful QoL upgrade

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Great ideas. I hope ANet reads and changes their plans as a result of seeing this, even if they don’t do exactly as recommended.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

To add to this, I would like the ability to adjust an item’s horizontal position, even clipping into the ground. This would allow us to lower trees and shrubs in order to get rid of the planters if we don’t want them.

I guess you mean vertical position then? :p

Personally I would see the basic tree and basic shrug un-potted like they are supposed to be.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: ParagonPaladin.7516

ParagonPaladin.7516

First off I’d like to thank anet for refining the eraser tool- delete 1 is so much nicer than Delete AoE! And the addition of the whispers globe some time ago got me thinking!

I made this thread to see if anyone else goes through the game and sees assets they’d like to be able to craft (or to bribe their guild scribes into making for them.) Personally I think because the decor limit to an area is small, we should have larger or atleast more involved decorations- So lets start big! Things that could use legendary components or gifts, like the whispers globe has the gift of exploration, or have unique items.

Another thing is (I’m bad at gathering my thoughts) that lvl 400 scribe crafting shouldn’t result in a tiny little table barely larger than the basic version you bought from the vendor. what is this? A guild hall for ants

Object: Durmand’s Pillar of Knowledge (I’m sorry, I made the name up, I dont know what its called, that big swirly light at the skillpoint with the floating letters and stone slabs)
Requirements: Gift of Knoweldge, Grandmaster Finishing kit, Wide library shelf, Resonating Lodestone (or maybe Tomes of knowledge? because I need a way to get rid of these)

Object: Fountain of Cleansing (In the courtyard and twisted castle in Stronghold of the Faithful)
Requirement: Illuminated Fountain, Grandmaster’s Finishing kit, 5 Giant’s Eye, White Mantle Emblem (similar to Ascalonian blueprints, would drop from WM)

Object:Mursaat Bust (again, visible in wing 3 throughout the stronghold)
Requirement: Bloodstone Ingots, Visage of The Dire, Ornate Armor stand, Grandmaster’s Finishing kit

Object:Vigil Armaments (ie big fancy siege/defence weapons?)
Requirement: Gift of War, Grandmaster’s Finishing Kit, Superior _ Blueprints, Strategic defense map of the mists

Object:Abbadon Statue
Requirement: Visage of Abbadon, 30 Orichalcum Chisel, 25 basic boulders, Grandmaster’s Finishing kit

Object: Bronze/Silver/Gold Zhaitan Statue
Requirement: 10 Scales of Zhaitan ( ie something you can get when you complete Victory or Death on each character or as rare drops in Arah) + relevant kit, like other trophy statues.

Ok, so there’s no in-game asset pre-existing for that last one, and maybe Elder Dragon statues should be bigger or fancier than world boss/raid boss statues but I digress! That’s my wishlist, how about yours?

Mursaat wing backslot items, make it happen Anet!
!http://guild-guardian.tumblr.com/!

Posted by: UnfairOphelia.9763

UnfairOphelia.9763

I like your suggestions! I put a large wishlist together a couple of months ago ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Scribing-wish-list-new-existing-items/first#post6214161 ), and have come up with a few more thoughts since posting it:

• plants that aren’t in pots (trees with roots, floral ground cover, bed of green moss, etc)
  • little garden plots
  • water plants for fountains
  • hedge pillars that are the same height as the corners & hedge pieces
  • plain hedge pieces same thickness as the corners and pillars
  • more statues of all different sizes
  • a windsock for our heliport
  • piles of crates
  • a free-standing lectern/podium
  • scaffolding
  • flat wooden/metal/stone pieces to build stairways & platforms
  • more items from SAB (happy cloud, murderous cloud, rainbow)
  • gramophones that play music from SAB, Wintersday
  • more lighter-stained wood items (especially the library shelving – Gilded Hollow is so dark inside buildings already, adding the bookshelves makes it even darker)
  • in general, more ways to add colour to our guild halls

I’d also really like clarification on the 20 items within a given area rule: just how big is the area, and does that area include the entire height of the guild hall? We’ve built a rather large and complex jumping puzzle, and I’d like to know if I have to be mindful of where it is when planning what to do on the ground level for decoration.

Scribe and Executive Officer of Sognatori di Tramonto [DRMS] on Fort Aspenwood.
A proud altaholic and cartographer.

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

I would love:

Guild Pride/Representation (why is it our guild owns the entire map, and we can craft 2 dozen different flags, but none of them represent our guild emblem?)
*guild emblem flags
*guild emblem banners

Defensive Decorations (story wise this is a strategic location, so we should be able to make it defensible)
*trebuchet
*catapult
*arrow cart
*cannon
*oil pot
*char cannon
*asura cannon
*pact cannon
*ground spikes

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Ophelia, thanks for linking that! I was trying to find it as a reference and didn’t remember it was a -scribing- suggestions thread so google failed me.

I’d like kitchen furnishings, actually. I was just doing the level 10 PS on a new alt today, street rat human, and rescuing Riot Alice was in a house nicely furnished with counters and cabinets holding pots and pans. It’d be great to set up a cooking area in the guild hall.