Season 3 Soon?

Season 3 Soon?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Look folks, I don’t raid unless I’m doing Raidfinder some where else I can’t mention because of potential editing, the third season content needs to drop soon because that vague thing I mentioned above will be releasing a big pre expansion event for their open world.

To add insult to injury you just released skins I’m moderately interested in that can only be obtained by gambling, I don’t spend money on chance.

Nothing new for me to bother buying Gems for.

I wonder where I might be spending my money this pay period?

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

A while ago, they said that season 3 would be starting around this time of the year, so somewhere within the next 1-3 months, probably the week before you know what. As for the new skins, you can get 7 tickets fairly easily by completing the Balthazar collection.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

My money is on the July update.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

The current PvP season will end on July 12. This date seems to be a hot candidate for the next quarterly update. If we are lucky LW3 will start at the same time.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The current PvP season will end on July 12. This date seems to be a hot candidate for the next quarterly update. If we are lucky LW3 will start at the same time.

I agree with this. It is a safe bet that it will be some time after PvP season ends. Not that there is much of a PvP season left.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yes, rumor has it around July.

Gone to Reddit.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

Sadly, Now the main point of GW2 HoT is equipment and fashion!

Fashion Wars…………!!!!

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Fashion Wars…………!!!!

Always been Fashion Wars tho so what really changed?

Season 3 Soon?

Vayne.8563

Fashion Wars…………!!!!

What would you like to be the point?

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

http://vigamusmagazine.com/e3-2016-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-season-3-lanteprima-vmag/

• Living Story 3 chapters 2-3 months apart.
  • Lower release frequency intentional, but quality intended to be higher.
  • 1 new Fractal – somewhere between a dungeon and raid like layout and difficulty.
  • Further fractals to be released later.
  • New PvP maps
Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Well considering that HoT barely lasted 2-3 months for a lot of people…

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Intersesting that this kind of information reaches the wider gw2 population through bilangual players instead of an official statement.
Whats with the information politics “lately”?

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I think it will all come down to what they consider to be part of a living story chapter.

If, every 2-3 months we get a substantial chunk of content, including new open world maps and guild focused content, then I am all for it.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

I don’t know I just feel like it’s what the game needs right now; still dying to know more about what happens next in the story. Raids are fine and all but it would be nice if they tied into some sort of story to them.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Season 3 Soon?

Vayne.8563

Some of the raids are tied to story. They were intended to provide a bridge between the end of HoT and the beginning of season 3.

There will be a living world season 3. Some of the events in game right now are linked to that as well.

I’m guess that the new LS will come out in July.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

• Living Story 3 chapters 2-3 months apart.

So basically no changes there? (what, especially during the 2nd half of season 2 they had more “breaks” then anything else).

• Lower release frequency intentional, but quality intended to be higher.

hmm… quality of season 2 was pretty low on several occasions (like not telling rythlock the mordrem are already 5 feet behind him, rythlock spending ages to find the first part of the crown, but can’t spend 5min. for the other parts, chasing an egg without an explanation why it’s important WE have it and not caithe, chasing an egg (without explanation) being more important then help out the pact prepare for mordy, introducing characters in a way it’s extremely obvious they’ll die in the next instance, etc…).

Note that they say ‘quality’ will be higher (so they are NOT saying there’ll be MORE content in the updates). Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that there won’t be more content (it’s perfect possible), but it’s anet so I’m not expecting more then what each season 2 update brought untill I see different…

• 1 new Fractal – somewhere between a dungeon and raid like layout and difficulty.
  • Further fractals to be released later.
  • New PvP maps

Okay, I do fractals maybe once every few months when my guild can’t find anyone to join them (I find fractals overall sort-of boring), but shouldn’t the difficulty be set by the fractal tier? If so then what do they mean with ‘raid like difficulty’? Don’t we already have raids to raid?
I’m (sort of) happy with new pvp maps (although I pvp very little)

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Interesting that the page is now not working.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Still loads for me.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Still loads for me.

I get “PAGE NOT FOUND” every time I try.

Season 3 Soon?

RoseofGilead.8907

Still loads for me.

I get “PAGE NOT FOUND” every time I try.

Might want to try a different browser or something then. It’s definitely working for me every time I click on the link.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

2-3 months sounds too long to me unless each update is really large with a new map and all. A sure way to make all the casuals unhappy who have been waiting so long.
Also 2-3 month wait time hardly feels like a living story/world.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I’ve tried three different browsers and keep getting a 404.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

I think its been pulled and you are only still seeing it if its cached on your PC – its not showing anywhere for me – either in the magazines archives or in Google cache or in a basic search or in a different browser.

Interesting.

Season 3 Soon?

RoseofGilead.8907

True. If that’s the case, very interesting indeed. Maybe it was released before Anet intended it to be?

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

True. If that’s the case, very interesting indeed. Maybe it was released before Anet intended it to be?

Would not be the first time that some publication released something a day or two earlier than what ANet asked for.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Here’s the body of the text for those who can’t see it. Have fun Google translating. ^^

A partire dalla sua uscita, avvenuta ormai quattro anni or sono, Guild Wars 2 sta venendo ampiamente supportato da ArenaNet e da NCSoft, rispettivamente developer ed editor del gioco che è ormai diventato una pietra miliare nel panorama dei MMORPG fantasy. In occasione dell’E3 abbiamo avuto modo di visitare l’angolo espositivo dedicato al titolo per una breve chiacchierata con gli sviluppatori riguardo i prossimi update, cercando di cogliere quante più informazioni possibili. Guild Wars 2, come noto, ha già ricevuto un’importante espansione, Heart of Thorns, oltre a innumerevoli patch e aggiustamenti di minore entità. L’espansione principale introduce una quantità abnorme di cose da fare, fra sfide cooperative, una nuova classe e nuove specializzazioni, oltre a continui aggiustamenti al multiplayer competitivo e un numero praticamente sconfinato di contenuti secondari. Il gioco, come probabilmente chi segue lo sviluppo post-lancio già saprà, è suddiviso in stagioni. La Season 3, prevista per i prossimi mesi, plausibilmente per la fine dell’estate, prevede davvero tanta carne al fuoco e l’introduzione di nuovi contenuti sia nel PvE che nel PvP.

Per quanto riguarda i prossimi episodi della main quest, essi non verranno rilasciati tutti insieme ma saranno a cadenza di uno ogni due o tre mesi, a differenza della seconda stagione, per diverse ragioni. La prima è sicuramente l’aver ascoltato i feedback dei giocatori interessati maggiormente al PvP, dando un maggior bilanciamento al supporto fra i vari tipi di contenuti invece di riservare eccessiva importanza alla storia, che continuerà sì ad essere espansa ma non così velocemente come prima. Rilasciare gli episodi a cadenza più bassa, al contempo, permetterà di aumentarne la qualità ed eventualmente anche la densità di contenuti, per venire incontro anche a chi, magari, non era soddisfatto di un rilascio eccessivamente frettoloso.

Un’altra novità è rappresentata dall’introduzione di un nuovo fractal, peculiari mini-dungeon collocabili a metà fra un’esperienza di esplorazione e looting più tradizionale e un impegnativo raid di gruppo. Ognuno di essi si caratterizza per avere una sua storia ed una sua ambientazione. La nuova location riprende il concetto, introdotto alla fine del gioco base, della liberazione della magia in seguito alla sconfitta di un nemico potente (che ovviamente eviteremo di spoilerare). Impiegando un grande quantitativo di magia, un altro nemico ha assunto il controllo del dungeon, e sarà nostro compito scoprire perché. La storia, comunque, non si concluderà con un solo fractal: nel corso della terza stagione ne verranno rilasciati diversi, a cadenza periodica.

Con i prossimi update saranno introdotte anche nuove mappe per il PvP, giocabili come al solito in scontri fra squadre composte da cinque giocatori. In modalità conquest, all’interno delle arene sarà possibile completare compiti secondari, come ad esempio guadagnare più punti per sé stessi, aumentare il moltiplicatore di punti per la propria squadra ad ogni uccisione, o lanciare palle di fuoco sul team nemico. Ogni mappa include obiettivi specifici, i quali non sono quindi sempre disponibili ma possono variare di partita in partita. Questi obiettivi sono opzionali, e sta al giocatore scegliere se completarli o meno in base al suo stile di gioco, ma è fortemente consigliabile tentare di svolgerli per guadagnare un vantaggio tattico non indifferente sugli avversari.

Gli sviluppatori, infine, si sono premurati di rimarcare con un certo orgoglio la partnership stretta con ESL, una delle leghe di esports più famose al mondo, che si è occupata di organizzare la Pro League dedicata al titolo. Il torneo è giunto alla fine della sua seconda stagione, ed il prossimo 17 settembre avrà luogo la fase finale, che avrà un montepremi di circa 200.000 dollari, il più alto nella storia del franchise. Traendo le somme, bisogna ammettere che AuroraNet sta supportando in maniera davvero encomiabile Guild Wars 2, il quale, proprio come il suo predecessore, molto probabilmente non sarà abbandonato fino all’uscita di un possibile Guild Wars 3, ma per parlare del futuro della serie c’è ancora tempo, dato che a quattro anni dal suo rilascio il secondo capitolo è più vivo che mai.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Used a website to translate so it may not be perfect:

Starting from its release, occurred four years ago, Guild Wars 2 is coming largely supported by ArenaNet and NCSoft game developer and editor respectively which has now become a milestone in the world of fantasy MMORPG. At E3 we got to visit the exhibition corner dedicated to the title for a brief chat with the developers about the next update, trying to capture as much information as possible. Guild Wars 2, as noted, has already received a major expansion, Heart of Thorns, plus numerous patches and minor adjustments. The main expansion introduces an abnormal amount of things to do, between cooperative challenges, a new class and new specializations as well as continuous adjustments to competitive multiplayer and a number virtually boundless secondary content. The game, as you probably already know who follows development post-launch, is divided into seasons. The Season 3, scheduled for the coming months, probably by the end of the summer, provides a lot of irons in the fire and the introduction of new content both in PvE you in PvP.

As for the upcoming episodes of the main quest, they will not be released together but will be held by one every two or three months, unlike the second season, for several reasons. The first is definitely having listened to feedback from players interested in PvP, giving more balance to the support among the various types of content instead of reserving too much importance to history, which will continue Yes to be expanded but not as fast as before. Release the episodes on a lower, at the same time, will increase the quality and possibly the density of content to satisfy even those who, perhaps, was not pleased by an overly hasty release.

Another novelty is the introduction of a new fractal, peculiar mini dungeon can be placed somewhere between a more traditional browsing experience and looting and a challenging group raid. Each of them is characterized by having its own history and its own setting. The new location takes the concept, introduced at the end of the base game, the liberation of magic following the defeat of a powerful enemy (which of course avoid spoilers). Using a large amount of magic, another enemy has taken control of the dungeon, and we will find out why. The story, however, will not end with a single fractal: during the third season will be released several periodically.

With the next update will be introduced also new maps playable for PvP, as usual in clashes between teams of five players. In conquest mode, inside the arenas will be able to complete subtasks, such as earning more points for themselves, increase the multiplier points for their team for each kill, or throw fireballs on the enemy team. Each map includes specific objectives, which are not always available but may vary from match to match. These objectives are optional, and is the player to choose whether or not to complete them based on your style of play, but we strongly recommend that you try to carry them out to earn a significant tactical advantage over their rivals. "

Finally, developers are anxious to point out with some pride the partnership with ESL, one of the world’s most famous esports leagues, which has worked on organizing the Pro League dedicated to the title. The tournament has reached the end of its second season, and the next 17 October will take place the final phase, which will have a prize pool of about 200,000 dollars, the highest in the history of the franchise. Taking the sums, it must be admitted that AuroraNet is supporting in a truly commendable Guild Wars 2, which, just like its predecessor, most likely will not be abandoned until a possible Guild Wars 3, but to talk about the future of the series there is still time, since four years since its release the second installment is more alive than ever.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

The cached version is also still viewable.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Don’t you just LOVE Google translate lol

The take home from it seems to be – only 3 LS releases a year new pvp maps and they are really proud of their esports you guys!

Season 3 Soon?

Malediktus.9250

The take home from it seems to be – only 3 LS releases a year new pvp maps and they are really proud of their esports you guys!

Yes, its terrible news if true. I dont want higher quality content but more quantity of content.

Season 3 Soon?

RoseofGilead.8907

Ugh. I really love this game, but seeing that PVE will just be getting four-to-six LS releases in a year isn’t what I was hoping for. I’m excited about the idea of a new fractal map or two, but having non-group PVE stuff is what I personally love the most about GW2. >sigh< I’m trying to stay positive about it, but I’m just disappointed.

Season 3 Soon?

Siobhan.5273

How about that towards the end of the summer line for LS3 release?

Boring.

Boring.

Content drought drags on and on.. and on..

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I’m sorry but if the translations are true………..i am VERY wary. Basically we’ll get a new episode every quarterly update? Remember they said quality not quantity. How long is the season? 4 episodes? And not to dish out on pvp players (as I don’t pvp) but I don’t care about pvp and esports.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

If true? Yep just about time to find something else to do with my time and my money.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Anet is also working on the next expansion pack at the same time. Correct?

Season 3 Soon?

Malediktus.9250

They do, but we are just getting from 1 content draught to the next one. Because after that expansion we will be in the next content draught unless Anet hires 150 new devs.

Season 3 Soon?

Siobhan.5273

Yup, and and when that happens, we shouldn’t hold it against them that they’re busy so we might not see content.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

If true? Yep just about time to find something else to do with my time and my money.

Pretty much this.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Thanks for the translation, Ayrilana!

The Season 3, scheduled for the coming months, probably by the end of the summer, provides a lot of irons in the fire and the introduction of new content both in PvE you in PvP.

As for the upcoming episodes of the main quest, they will not be released together but will be held by one every two or three months, unlike the second season, for several reasons. The first is definitely having listened to feedback from players interested in PvP, giving more balance to the support among the various types of content instead of reserving too much importance to history, which will continue Yes to be expanded but not as fast as before. Release the episodes on a lower, at the same time, will increase the quality and possibly the density of content to satisfy even those who, perhaps, was not pleased by an overly hasty release.

Really? So, in LS2 we had eight chapters which were split into two groups of 4 that released over two months with a 3 month break between the two groups. In LS3 chapters like those will be released once every 2-3 months?

If that’s true then that’s a massive disappointment, ArenaNet.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yes, its terrible news if true. I dont want higher quality content but more quantity of content.

Its not unreasonable to want both. But, yes we do need a big drop of pve content, so hopefully chapter one will be substantial.

Lets also bear in mind until Anet comments, none of this can be considered accurate information

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

Gosh guys, really… Wait with the disappointment until you see what’s coming. We wont know how long a chapter is until its here and we wont know what it contains. They might release a whole branch of story every 3 months rather than a small leaf every 2 weeks.
For your own sake, try out some high optimism with low expectations. Enjoy the game as it is or go do something else with your time.

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I assume the great reveal was scheduled for next week and VMAG broke the embargo. The child is now in the well.

It is not a bad idea per se to bundle the episodes of LW3 into several batches. But it will be very important that the volume of tzh ebathces is much higher than a LW2 episode. I would expect a new zone including mastery tracks, adventures etc. embedded into each single batch. This would keep players for 2-3 months busy.

I have also the feeling that the author mixed up LW3 and the quarterly update.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Ugh. I really love this game, but seeing that PVE will just be getting four-to-six LS releases in a year isn’t what I was hoping for. I’m excited about the idea of a new fractal map or two, but having non-group PVE stuff is what I personally love the most about GW2. >sigh< I’m trying to stay positive about it, but I’m just disappointed.

It’s what I love most about GW2 too. Only four to six LS releases a year is a massive disappointment especially if they plan on taking another content break before the next expansion.

Lets look at the LS2 schedule, LS2 started after a 3.5 month break after LS1. Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4 released on a fortnightly schedule. Chapter 4 had a bit of a “cliff-hanger” ending. Then there was a three month break and then chapter 5, 6, and 7 released with no “cliff-hanger” then there was another 2 month break before chapter 8 released.

Personally, after the long break since LS1 I could hardly wait to play through the first 4 chapters, then I was really disappointed with another break again, so disappointed that I stopped playing (only logging in to unlock the chapters as they dropped until chapter 8 released).

I’m curious about what they think will engage the GW2 PvE players during those 2-3 month breaks? I mean the chapters themselves are quite brief, you can play through them in a matter of hours, how do they plan to keep people interested and engaged until the next chapter drops?

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Gosh guys, really… Wait with the disappointment until you see what’s coming. We wont know how long a chapter is until its here and we wont know what it contains. They might release a whole branch of story every 3 months rather than a small leaf every 2 weeks.
For your own sake, try out some high optimism with low expectations. Enjoy the game as it is or go do something else with your time.

The precedent has been set for low expectations and it wasn’t us guys that set it.
I don’t do PVP or raids (by choice) so the story and PVE content is what I want to see from this game and has been sorely lacking , unfulfilling and the payoff is not worth the wait generally every time. Still love this game, but it is being made hard for me to do so.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: hardy.7469

hardy.7469

Gosh guys, really… Wait with the disappointment until you see what’s coming.

That’s part of the reason people are complaining. Very close to one full year of absolutely zero real content updates? The only one being raids, where the rest of PvE and PvP get either just balance changes or things so minor that you might not even be bothered to do them?

Hard not to complain. It’s part of a give and take for business and consumers. If a consumer gets so disappointing for so long, it’s very hard for a business to take people out of that mindset even with announcements like this (though it’s not even official, since it’s a leak, it’s safe to assume we wouldn’t even hear anything about this until the end of July).

Let’s not even begin to think how everyone will feel if S3 of LS isn’t even as good kitten or is disappointing in one or more ways.
It also lingers questions like “Well how big will the drought be after this is over? Should I bother buying the next Xpac knowing that this can easily happen again?” and so on.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Link down? Did they publish this info too early? lol I could see if so, because the published content pretty much stated there’s no new content going into the game until the end of summer. Not exactly something you want to tell your players at beginning of summer time.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

At E3 we got to visit the exhibition corner dedicated to the title for a brief chat with the developers about the next update, trying to capture as much information as possible.

Wait a tick. Why does an Italian gaming site get this exclusive interview at E3 (which is in Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.). Either this was leaked earlier, because we all know A-net loves to play the “NDA interviews until embargo is lifted” game. So they can increase the media coverage. Or no one else in the gaming press (that went to E3) took a fleeting interest in what A-net had to say. Beyond this one Italian gaming press site.

Anyhow as for the quality over quantity bit, when it comes to the next living world chapter. I will believe it, when I see it. As far as I can tell (this is my pent of cynicism talking) the only reason why this might take longer is because they are splitting of the teams between the expansion and the core game. So if this does work out then sure I will be ecstatic. However if it’s a load of garbage excuse then it will be treated as such. Same thing goes with their whole we improve sPvP. Some of us still loathe capture point objectives. As matter of fact I prefer Stronghold and Courtyard (only team death match map) over that drab style of PvP.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This drought may be unwanted, exceptionally long and also unexpected by ANet. If you recall with the announcement about suspending Legendary weapons they said that they spread themselves too thin and let the content pipeline empty out. Obviously they have problems pacing themselves and setting up reasonable goals and had to retrench. Hopefully they’ve learned a lesson with all this and in the future the content droughts will be shorter.

Thanks for all the comments. I know there’s nothing I’m going to say that will make you feel better, but I’ll share some final thoughts for the night.

I said three weeks ago I’d focus on sustainability and quality. I want to reiterate the part about sustainability. Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but how about the recent drought of content? That kind of thing happens when we spread ourselves too thin, and when we let the content development pipeline empty out so we can fight fires. What I think we actually owe you is sustainable, predictable, high-quality content. I’m making a decision that’s painful in the short-term so we can position ourselves to deliver that.

(Snip)
Mo

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.