Season 3 Soon?

Season 3 Soon?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Halandir.3609

Halandir.3609

Some of the raids are tied to story. They were intended to provide a bridge between the end of HoT and the beginning of season 3.

That’s good to know. Since I lack both the will, ability and the interest to meet raid-requirements I no longer have to keep an eye on this forum/game.

Yes it has been hard to let go of this game: I loved Guild wars, I liked GW2, HoT was not my cup of tea, but I hoped they would eventually turn the ship in the direction I prefer.

At this point I guess they probably have to stick to the new plan instead of risking to lose all the people who actually enjoy the new direction.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

This drought may be unwanted, exceptionally long and also unexpected by ANet. If you recall with the announcement about suspending Legendary weapons they said that they spread themselves too thin and let the content pipeline empty out. Obviously they have problems pacing themselves and setting up reasonable goals and had to retrench. Hopefully they’ve learned a lesson with all this and in the future the content droughts will be shorter.

Thanks for all the comments. I know there’s nothing I’m going to say that will make you feel better, but I’ll share some final thoughts for the night.

I said three weeks ago I’d focus on sustainability and quality. I want to reiterate the part about sustainability. Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but how about the recent drought of content? That kind of thing happens when we spread ourselves too thin, and when we let the content development pipeline empty out so we can fight fires. What I think we actually owe you is sustainable, predictable, high-quality content. I’m making a decision that’s painful in the short-term so we can position ourselves to deliver that.

(Snip)
Mo

You may have a point. Okay, I’m worried, but I’ll wait and see what we get.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

This drought may be unwanted, exceptionally long and also unexpected by ANet. If you recall with the announcement about suspending Legendary weapons they said that they spread themselves too thin and let the content pipeline empty out. Obviously they have problems pacing themselves and setting up reasonable goals and had to retrench. Hopefully they’ve learned a lesson with all this and in the future the content droughts will be shorter.

Thanks for all the comments. I know there’s nothing I’m going to say that will make you feel better, but I’ll share some final thoughts for the night.

I said three weeks ago I’d focus on sustainability and quality. I want to reiterate the part about sustainability. Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but how about the recent drought of content? That kind of thing happens when we spread ourselves too thin, and when we let the content development pipeline empty out so we can fight fires. What I think we actually owe you is sustainable, predictable, high-quality content. I’m making a decision that’s painful in the short-term so we can position ourselves to deliver that.

(Snip)
Mo

That’s very reasonable of you – actually that’s sort of beyond reasonable really isn’kitten– they spread themselves too thin, and yet their biggest team at over 100 Dev’s is the NEW xpac team? – they stopped Legendaries that weer advertised as coming with Hot that people paid for but they haven’t reduced the NEW xpac team by even one person? its all hands on deck guys! unless of course its not because you have pushed all of your considerable resources into getting more cash money from a new xpac?

You normally make more sense….

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

(Snip)
Mo

You know they will probably say: that they will continue to drip feed us intermission living world content, through the Current Event system. Saying they know it’s not a full replacement for living world but it’s better then nothing. Which to them is a big deal.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

(Snip)
Mo

That’s very reasonable of you – actually that’s sort of beyond reasonable really isn’kitten– they spread themselves too thin, and yet their biggest team at over 100 Dev’s is the NEW xpac team? – they stopped Legendaries that weer advertised as coming with Hot that people paid for but they haven’t reduced the NEW xpac team by even one person? its all hands on deck guys! unless of course its not because you have pushed all of your considerable resources into getting more cash money from a new xpac?

It’s 60. Also people working on xpac is a must. Because otherwise we will have a period of time where we could face years of content drought after season3. Reducing xpac devs may seem intruggling short term but it hurts the game long term.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

(Snip)
Mo

You know they will probably say: that they will continue to drip feed us intermission living world content, through the Current Event system. Saying they know it’s not a full replacement for living world but it’s better then nothing. Which to them is a big deal.

Right. That they have learned the lesson.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So every quarter? Sounds a little too long, but I guess it’s better than only getting something new when the next xpac drops. I just hope the quality is good after the wait. Its been awhile since we’ve had some non raid content. Not everyone cares about raids, I sure don’t.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

(Snip)
Mo

I never said I was happy with either the content drought or the suspension of Legendaries….

All I said here was that they have indicated that they had bad planning and content design procedures and had to retrench. Because they retrenched in one area doesn’t mean they should retrench in all as they as a company could reasonably put higher values on areas of the game than you do, or they know that retrenching in the XPac would make that worse. If they slowed the work on the XPac then major content from an expansion would take even longer to get here and lead to its own set of forum complaints and people leaving from lack of substantive content.

You should remember that you can’t have everything. They could pull people from the expansion and then have a new set of problems from people having to wait even more months for that.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: dertingel.1730

dertingel.1730

So no new content for non raiders for another 2-3 months.
Screw those raids…all the work that went into them, for 2-5% of the playerbase that actually play them. What a waste of time and work.
And the raids did nothing for GW2, except making GW2 feel like every other mmo…its a shame, i repeat myself, from being a special mmo with new ideas, we got WOW2.0 with HoT.

What do we get with the next expansion? I hope for a new tier of gear, 30 new levels, oldschool quest hubs. And lets get rid of shared loot and those stupid farm nodes for everyone. /s

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

So no new content for non raiders for another 2-3 months.
Screw those raids…all the work that went into them, for 2-5% of the playerbase that actually play them. What a waste of time and work.
And the raids did nothing for GW2, except making GW2 feel like every other mmo…its a shame, i repeat myself, from being a special mmo with new ideas, we got WOW2.0 with HoT.

What do we get with the next expansion? I hope for a new tier of gear, 30 new levels, oldschool quest hubs. And lets get rid of shared loot and those stupid farm nodes for everyone. /s

Again, just because it dhares the name raid, does not mean its the same concept with other mmo. Otherwise GW2 has ‘levels’ and ‘dungeons’ so are we a wow clone? NO. Think it through dude. Also how do you know its 2-5 percent? you got data? or is it im not intersted in it so majority must be same as me?

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We can also expect further delays around the holidays. My guess is that we’ll have at most two LS updates between now and the end of January 2017. They’ve shown in the past that they won’t bundle a LS update with a holiday update.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: dertingel.1730

dertingel.1730

Also how do you know its 2-5 percent? you got data? or is it im not intersted in it so majority must be same as me?

Dont be passive aggressive dude, only because i dont share your opinion.
The numbers came from an anet employee…somewhere official. Cant remember if it was reddit or somewhere else.

(edited by dertingel.1730)

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

More like Outfit wars since they see to love slapping new stuff onto the cs as frequently as possible.

But nto the main topic expect either July for either the start of ls3 or for more information from Anet about it.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well if this turns out to be true i’ll probably be logging on a lot less in the future. Once I finish my legendary armor i’m basically in it for the story, and well there hasn’t been any story in 9 months. And now we’re being told that it will be 3 months between each chapter lol.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

• Living Story 3 chapters 2-3 months apart.

So basically no changes there? (what, especially during the 2nd half of season 2 they had more “breaks” then anything else).

• Lower release frequency intentional, but quality intended to be higher.

hmm… quality of season 2 was pretty low on several occasions (like not telling rythlock the mordrem are already 5 feet behind him, rythlock spending ages to find the first part of the crown, but can’t spend 5min. for the other parts, chasing an egg without an explanation why it’s important WE have it and not caithe, chasing an egg (without explanation) being more important then help out the pact prepare for mordy, introducing characters in a way it’s extremely obvious they’ll die in the next instance, etc…).

Note that they say ‘quality’ will be higher (so they are NOT saying there’ll be MORE content in the updates). Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that there won’t be more content (it’s perfect possible), but it’s anet so I’m not expecting more then what each season 2 update brought untill I see different…

• 1 new Fractal – somewhere between a dungeon and raid like layout and difficulty.
  • Further fractals to be released later.
  • New PvP maps

Okay, I do fractals maybe once every few months when my guild can’t find anyone to join them (I find fractals overall sort-of boring), but shouldn’t the difficulty be set by the fractal tier? If so then what do they mean with ‘raid like difficulty’? Don’t we already have raids to raid?
I’m (sort of) happy with new pvp maps (although I pvp very little)

Chances are what they mean by the fractal difficulty is how there are certain fractals only at certain levels. Like how Mai Trin is only every 25 levels. So the new one may only be in the 80s or something?

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

I don’t see them creating new zones outside of expansions.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I don’t see them creating new zones outside of expansions.

This would be the biggest mistake the company could do. Even LW2 had two new maps.

Arenanet claimed a more balanced development implying that more devs work on LW3 than LW2.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

‘You should remember that you can’t have everything’ OK I don’t engage with patronising comments….

Ive had nothing atall, that’s the point, anyone who doesn’t raid and that’s apparently at least 90% of players hasn’t had anything either, many people haven’t had their promised legendaries , I don’t care for the grind myself.

- I DO care when a company advertises something then doesn’t put its money where its mouth is, NOONE when all the run up to Hot was taking placed would have thought that all their talk of additional content with LS would mean that they would only be getting that content 8 weeks shy of a year from the xpac release date.

Season 3 Soon?

Just a flesh wound.3589

‘You should remember that you can’t have everything’ OK I don’t engage with patronising comments….

Ive had nothing atall, that’s the point, anyone who doesn’t raid and that’s apparently at least 90% of players hasn’t had anything either, many people haven’t had their promised legendaries , I don’t care for the grind myself.

- I DO care when a company advertises something then doesn’t put its money where its mouth is, NOONE when all the run up to Hot was taking placed would have thought that all their talk of additional content with LS would mean that they would only be getting that content 8 weeks shy of a year from the xpac release date.

My post was only using MO’s post as a very narrow explanation of what happened and why I think the content drought is not likely to continue the way it is. That’s all it was. It wasn’t a debate on ethics or a discussion on what they should/could have done differently.

ANet may give it to you.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I guess the main thought I have is LS3 better dazzle the kitten out of me. Being a primarily PVE player, my enthusiasm and goodwill is at a 10+ year low.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I never said I was happy with either the content drought or the suspension of Legendaries….

All I said here was that they have indicated that they had bad planning and content design procedures and had to retrench. Because they retrenched in one area doesn’t mean they should retrench in all as they as a company could reasonably put higher values on areas of the game than you do, or they know that retrenching in the XPac would make that worse. If they slowed the work on the XPac then major content from an expansion would take even longer to get here and lead to its own set of forum complaints and people leaving from lack of substantive content.

You should remember that you can’t have everything. They could pull people from the expansion and then have a new set of problems from people having to wait even more months for that.

Well, there’s been no release date or even any indication of what the next expansion is. I don’t think that many would care if an as yet unannounced expansion is delayed to add content to the game.

As for people leaving because of a lack of substantive content, well, the expansion dropped in October after a ten month drought, was light on content (IMO) and apart from raids (which I personally don’t care about) there’s been no new content worth talking about since. I dare say people are already leaving because of a lack of substantive content.

Ultimately they have problems delivering on content. That much is obvious. You only get so much sympathy and understanding from your players though and they need to start delivering.

Season 3 Soon?

Palador.2170

Actually, when I think ahead it DOES make sense to me. Let me try to explain:

The system they were trying to use to make the new legendary quests was, and I’m sure we can all agree on this, a dirt awful failure. So, they have stepped back, and are asking themselves “How do we get this right?”

Well, getting it right will likely involve some system changes, as well as putting parts of the crafting quest into the game before they’re needed, instead of trying to add them into already existing areas and events. That means leaving themselves a base groundwork to build on in any new LS3 content (which anyone that has HoT will be able to access), and the new systems may require work that will be best done in tandem with the work going into the next expansion.

It’s an annoying delay, I’ll grant you, but a useful one. As we saw with the shortbow, to continue doing things as they were would mean that the set would be finished in a few years, at best. Delaying the direct work now may let them get things ready for picking it back up, and get us the rest of them faster in the long run.

Season 3 Soon?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Actually, when I think ahead it DOES make sense to me. Let me try to explain:

The system they were trying to use to make the new legendary quests was, and I’m sure we can all agree on this, a dirt awful failure. So, they have stepped back, and are asking themselves “How do we get this right?”

Well, getting it right will likely involve some system changes, as well as putting parts of the crafting quest into the game before they’re needed, instead of trying to add them into already existing areas and events. That means leaving themselves a base groundwork to build on in any new LS3 content (which anyone that has HoT will be able to access), and the new systems may require work that will be best done in tandem with the work going into the next expansion.

It’s an annoying delay, I’ll grant you, but a useful one. As we saw with the shortbow, to continue doing things as they were would mean that the set would be finished in a few years, at best. Delaying the direct work now may let them get things ready for picking it back up, and get us the rest of them faster in the long run.

Wait, so are saying that HoT, the expansion that was meant to introduce all these new systems that were going to cement systems into place once and for all, need to be changed or redone??

HoT was supposed to be the groundwork for ALL future content, so they failed on this then? You would agree that HoT was a failure in this regard since you are now saying that they should develop new systems on an entirely new “groundwork”?!

You can try to see the silver lining in all this all you want, but at least admit that ANet has made some HUGE mistakes lately and that it seems like they don’t know what they are doing anymore.

He said dirt awful failure and the needs for system changes. You want more of an acknowledgement of mistakes than that from him?

ANet may give it to you.

Season 3 Soon?

Palador.2170

Wait, so are saying that HoT, the expansion that was meant to introduce all these new systems that were going to cement systems into place once and for all, need to be changed or redone??

HoT was supposed to be the groundwork for ALL future content, so they failed on this then? You would agree that HoT was a failure in this regard since you are now saying that they should develop new systems on an entirely new “groundwork”?!

You can try to see the silver lining in all this all you want, but at least admit that ANet has made some HUGE mistakes lately and that it seems like they don’t know what they are doing anymore.

Personally, I think they got a LOT of things wrong in HoT. But, that’s not quite what I’m saying here…

As you say, they made a lot of new systems in HoT to lay the groundwork for the future. With so many new systems and things going on in the background, it’s not really surprising that at least one of these new things didn’t work as expected. So, now they have to go back to the drawing board and either find a way to fix it, or replace it from the ground up.

It just so happens that the system that crashed on them is one they need to make the new legendary quests. And, I’m betting, it was intended to be used to make and adjust other events as well. So, they need to get it fixed.

Season 3 Soon?

ZudetGambeous.9573

Personally, I think they got a LOT of things wrong in HoT. But, that’s not quite what I’m saying here…

As you say, they made a lot of new systems in HoT to lay the groundwork for the future. With so many new systems and things going on in the background, it’s not really surprising that at least one of these new things didn’t work as expected. So, now they have to go back to the drawing board and either find a way to fix it, or replace it from the ground up.

It just so happens that the system that crashed on them is one they need to make the new legendary quests. And, I’m betting, it was intended to be used to make and adjust other events as well. So, they need to get it fixed.

They’ve literally been saying that with every release since launch.

Fractals… “We’re laying a groundwork so we can expand fractals and add them in quickly in the future”…. 3 years later….

Precursor crafting…“They are taking so long because we want a to lay a good foundation for future legendary’s that’s why we’ve delayed them so many times”… 3 years later…

Living World… “Season 1 was slow paced because we wanted to lay the groundwork for future living world updates where we can give higher quality content at a better pace”… 3 years later…

PvP… “we’re revamping PvP so we can lay a good foundation to build upon in the future where we can quickly add in new PvP content”… 3 years later…

HoT… “our first expansion didn’t have as much content as we’d like because we are laying the foundation for future content where we can quickly expand it in the future”… 9 months later…

I honestly can’t believe anyone is still falling for that load of crap.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I completely agree with this, its very poor, i understand there are certain groups that play GW2 but PvErs have had nothing for a very long time.. Solo players even longer.. PvE, Raids, PvP, WvW, Fractals etc, yes anet spread themselves way to thin by adding so many types of gameplay they cannot keep up with content on..

As a PvE customer i don’t even consider Hot pve content because they made it too hard to enjoy..

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

What really angers me is that Raids get there own independent team, and the last 6 months have been 100% Raids and NOTHING else, yet Living World Season 3 gets interrupted for PvP?!

I am so disgusted at how this game has forced Raids upon us with no other content, and now the other content that they have had SIX MONTHS to work on will be slowly released and interrupted by PvP.

At this point i have basically given up. Arena Net is quickly proving to be one of the worst company’s at releasing content. This has been one of the longest content droughts in MMO history.

I hope all gaming media picks up on this, “GW2 abandons its core fans to cater to Raiders” “GW2 in danger of dying after mass exodus of players due to no content”.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

Looks like the hype train isn’t just staying at home, it’s been sold for scrap.

Season 3 Soon?

Palador.2170

I’m trying to give them a chance to prove that Colin leaving and MO being in charge will change things. I have a lot of doubts, but I’m really, REALLY trying to give him a chance to turn things around.

Yeah, maybe it’s stupid of me. Hardly the first stupid thing I’ve done, though, and I’m sure it won’t be the last.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Looks like the hype train isn’t just staying at home, it’s been sold for scrap.

They hype train is alive and well.

Attachments:

The Burninator

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

As a matter of perspective, there are two other Buy to Play MMO’s out there, Secret World and ESO.

• ESO: Drops a DLC about every three months. The first two each consisted of one zone, and their cost combined was in the same ballpark as the basic price for HoT. There are no substantive content releases that are not paid content.
  • TSW: Releases “issues” which consist of a story and instances. I believe the current release is issue 15, which costs $25. Again, no substantive content releases without a fee. Issue 1 released in 2012, so that would also be ~4 releases a year.

So, pay ~$100 a year for 4 releases in the competition or pay Anet for HoT and get 3-6 releases in a year at no charge. Whether you will believe the competition provides greater value for money is up to you. but if we assume similar quantity/quality, then the ANet model is more consumer friendly.

Edit: Apparently the TSW Wiki is reporting the collector’s edition price of the Issues. The basic price is about 40% of the CE, so TSW per yer costs are more like $40 v. ESO’s ~$100 and however you want to figure ANet’s.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Fractals… “We’re laying a groundwork so we can expand fractals and add them in quickly in the future”…. 3 years later….

Precursor crafting…“They are taking so long because we want a to lay a good foundation for future legendary’s that’s why we’ve delayed them so many times”… 3 years later…

Living World… “Season 1 was slow paced because we wanted to lay the groundwork for future living world updates where we can give higher quality content at a better pace”… 3 years later…

PvP… “we’re revamping PvP so we can lay a good foundation to build upon in the future where we can quickly add in new PvP content”… 3 years later…

HoT… “our first expansion didn’t have as much content as we’d like because we are laying the foundation for future content where we can quickly expand it in the future”… 9 months later…

True that! Link- look 8:09 into video

Mike O’Brien: “I have a feeling, the first day of revealing all these features, people are going to interpret these as separate features and say, ’oh I like this feature and I like this feature” and " I hope, that as people start thinking about this, they start thinking about how our purpose of building this expansion pack was really about laying the groundwork."

Attachments:

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Some of the raids are tied to story. They were intended to provide a bridge between the end of HoT and the beginning of season 3.

That’s good to know. Since I lack both the will, ability and the interest to meet raid-requirements I no longer have to keep an eye on this forum/game.

Yes it has been hard to let go of this game: I loved Guild wars, I liked GW2, HoT was not my cup of tea, but I hoped they would eventually turn the ship in the direction I prefer.

At this point I guess they probably have to stick to the new plan instead of risking to lose all the people who actually enjoy the new direction.

It’s not that much story. It’s very very sparse. It’s mostly in the interactable items that you can view in any cleared raid instance. People will let you in if you must see it, but it’s minimal.

It’s like these bandit events. They don’t really provide any story so much as letting you know that the story is continuing with increased bandit activity.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I’m trying to give them a chance to prove that Colin leaving and MO being in charge will change things. I have a lot of doubts, but I’m really, REALLY trying to give him a chance to turn things around.

Yeah, maybe it’s stupid of me. Hardly the first stupid thing I’ve done, though, and I’m sure it won’t be the last.

MO was in charge all along, he was Colin’s boss but he was in charge while Colin was in the company.

Season 3 Soon?

Palador.2170

MO was in charge all along, he was Colin’s boss but he was in charge while Colin was in the company.

True, but Colin was a layer between him and the rest of the devs. Colin had his own visions for the game, and his own ideas on what was going well and what was not. MO now has his hands in the mess more directly, and that changes one’s view on how things are going.

And it also means that he has nobody to share blame with if things go wrong, no second in command to soften the blow and save his reputation if the game goes down in flames. Reawakened self-interest can do wonders for making one rethink old choices.

Season 3 Soon?

BrotherBelial.3094

True that! Link- look 8:09 into video

Mike O’Brien: “I have a feeling, the first day of revealing all these features, people are going to interpret these as separate features and say, ’oh I like this feature and I like this feature” and " I hope, that as people start thinking about this, they start thinking about how our purpose of building this expansion pack was really about laying the groundwork."

Anyone still get on the hype train? After HoT there is not hype train anymore.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

After stopped playing last wintersday, i wonder if its now really time to delete
the game from my disk ?

If i think back at the days of LS1, i really wonder if only a quarter or a 1/10 of the
team is left, or what the hell is going on.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

I’m pretty sure they will release a new map with every LS episode that’s something between the size of SW and the new HoT maps. Everything else would be really sad IMO.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

After stopped playing last wintersday, i wonder if its now really time to delete
the game from my disk ?

If i think back at the days of LS1, i really wonder if only a quarter or a 1/10 of the

I am very worried that LS3 will be another chain of story instances and nothing else. LS1 was soooo much better than LS2. I rarely ever do instances in this game at all – no raid, no dungeon master title, fractal level below 20. I only did personal story and HoT story on one character so that at least I have seen it. LS1 however I played the hell out of it.

Season 3 Soon?

ZudetGambeous.9573

the game from my disk ?

I am very worried that LS3 will be another chain of story instances and nothing else. LS1 was soooo much better than LS2. I rarely ever do instances in this game at all – no raid, no dungeon master title, fractal level below 20. I only did personal story and HoT story on one character so that at least I have seen it. LS1 however I played the hell out of it.

Somehow i doubt you’ve played S1 more than S2 content. Unless you haven’t stepped foot in Silverwastes or Dry Top in the last 18 months. Both of which were introduced with LS2.

LS2 was just about right. It has instanced stories, along with introducing new armor sets, new achievements, 2 new maps, and a variety of events. They also had a release schedule of about once a month though there was a 3 month break at the half way point.

If LS3 is going to be 2-3 month between each release plus the 9 month head start they had then I expect each release to contain a full map, 3-4 story chapters, a new armor set, new weapons, new achievements, and much more content. That would be just a little more than the LS2 pace which makes sense since they’ve had 9 months prep.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Gosh guys, really… Wait with the disappointment until you see what’s coming.

That’s part of the reason people are complaining. Very close to one full year of absolutely zero real content updates? The only one being raids, where the rest of PvE and PvP get either just balance changes or things so minor that you might not even be bothered to do them?

Hard not to complain. It’s part of a give and take for business and consumers. If a consumer gets so disappointing for so long, it’s very hard for a business to take people out of that mindset even with announcements like this (though it’s not even official, since it’s a leak, it’s safe to assume we wouldn’t even hear anything about this until the end of July).

Let’s not even begin to think how everyone will feel if S3 of LS isn’t even as good kitten or is disappointing in one or more ways.
It also lingers questions like “Well how big will the drought be after this is over? Should I bother buying the next Xpac knowing that this can easily happen again?” and so on.

Close to a year? I guess you’re not counting the four zones of HoT, huh?

Season 3 Soon?

BrotherBelial.3094

That’s part of the reason people are complaining. Very close to one full year of absolutely zero real content updates? The only one being raids, where the rest of PvE and PvP get either just balance changes or things so minor that you might not even be bothered to do them?

Hard not to complain. It’s part of a give and take for business and consumers. If a consumer gets so disappointing for so long, it’s very hard for a business to take people out of that mindset even with announcements like this (though it’s not even official, since it’s a leak, it’s safe to assume we wouldn’t even hear anything about this until the end of July).

Let’s not even begin to think how everyone will feel if S3 of LS isn’t even as good kitten or is disappointing in one or more ways.
It also lingers questions like “Well how big will the drought be after this is over? Should I bother buying the next Xpac knowing that this can easily happen again?” and so on.

In October it will be a year with nothing new to PvE out side of what was in HoT. That’s along time to ask any player base in an MMO to wait for new content. Others have new quests, dungeons and raids in-between xpacs. All we’ve had outside of what was supposed to be in HoT is the bandit bounties.

Season 3 Soon?

IndigoSundown.5419

In October it will be a year with nothing new to PvE out side of what was in HoT. That’s along time to ask any player base in an MMO to wait for new content. Others have new quests, dungeons and raids in-between xpacs. All we’ve had outside of what was supposed to be in HoT is the bandit bounties.

The end of October is more than 4 months away. The current gap is still lower than that between LS2 and HoT. Also, there was a lot more to do put in with HoT than with the final LS2 episode.

Shatterer, making HoT more accessible and revamping how rewards work there, putting gliding into core, the ley-line stuff and bandit bounties are not “nothing new” to PvE.

Compare ANet release cadence with other MMO companies. How often does Blizzard add new open-world PvE outside of XPacs? The other two B2P MMO’s don’t offer new content with no cost at all.

The fact of the matter is that player missing and poaning about “lack of content” is as much of an MMO staple as the content itself. It may be hard to have sense of perspective about the gaps in any MMO. However, look around at the genre.

The one criticism I would have about ANet’s release cadence is that they have spent an awful lot of time and dev effort to revamp systems over and over. Hopefully, we’re nearing an end to months spent doing nothing but reinventing the game. Time will tell.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

the game from my disk ?

Somehow i doubt you’ve played S1 more than S2 content. Unless you haven’t stepped foot in Silverwastes or Dry Top in the last 18 months. Both of which were introduced with LS2.

LS2 was just about right. It has instanced stories, along with introducing new armor sets, new achievements, 2 new maps, and a variety of events. They also had a release schedule of about once a month though there was a 3 month break at the half way point.

If LS3 is going to be 2-3 month between each release plus the 9 month head start they had then I expect each release to contain a full map, 3-4 story chapters, a new armor set, new weapons, new achievements, and much more content. That would be just a little more than the LS2 pace which makes sense since they’ve had 9 months prep.

Have to disagree here. Not with the schedule, I am glad about every shred of non-raiding release to be honest, but ls 2 was the most horrible stuff ever produced by Anet. And I say this in spite of a string of failed attempts to put esports over. It was all at once frustrating if you did it solo(aw, the blabla champ hits you in his death throes with 24 damage, all your effort was in vain and you get zilch for your time), it was boring if you did it with friends(stay there and don´t move!), it was downright laughable in its execution(This is Belinda and…she´s dead.) and gates a set of skins and some AP with the same nonsense.

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

If true? Yep just about time to find something else to do with my time and my money.

If you’re into MMO PvE there isn’t anything else except WOW, there’s a few games out there that will keep you entertained for a few weeks but long term they fail 10 times as hard as the top 2.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Season 3 Soon?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

If true? Yep just about time to find something else to do with my time and my money.

If you’re into MMO PvE there isn’t anything else except WOW, there’s a few games out there that will keep you entertained for a few weeks but long term they fail 10 times as hard as the top 2.

I know, it is basically do dailies, farm a few nodes and log out. Dying Light has been semi-fun playing in the mean time. It helps liking The Walking Dead.

Season 3 Soon?

BrotherBelial.3094

The end of October is more than 4 months away. The current gap is still lower than that between LS2 and HoT. Also, there was a lot more to do put in with HoT than with the final LS2 episode.

Shatterer, making HoT more accessible and revamping how rewards work there, putting gliding into core, the ley-line stuff and bandit bounties are not “nothing new” to PvE.

Compare ANet release cadence with other MMO companies. How often does Blizzard add new open-world PvE outside of XPacs? The other two B2P MMO’s don’t offer new content with no cost at all.

The fact of the matter is that player missing and poaning about “lack of content” is as much of an MMO staple as the content itself. It may be hard to have sense of perspective about the gaps in any MMO. However, look around at the genre.

The one criticism I would have about ANet’s release cadence is that they have spent an awful lot of time and dev effort to revamp systems over and over. Hopefully, we’re nearing an end to months spent doing nothing but reinventing the game. Time will tell.

So you think its fine that we have had nothing new save a boss being redone, which wasn’t needed really, and a hand full of events that take more time to wait for them to pop than to do.

ANet made the mess, and I’m not going to let them off. If they spent less time reinventing there own game, and focused on keeping there player base happy, I’m sure everyone would be more happy.

Season 3 Soon?

IndigoSundown.5419

- snip -

So you think its fine that we have had nothing new save a boss being redone, which wasn’t needed really, and a hand full of events that take more time to wait for them to pop than to do.

I’m not sure whether it’s fine or not. I do know that it’s par for the course for the MMO genre.

ANet made the mess, and I’m not going to let them off. If they spent less time reinventing there own game, and focused on keeping there player base happy, I’m sure everyone would be more happy.

• I have every reason to believe that Anet thought reinventing systems and even the way content works was necessary to make their players happy. If the HoT content/reward revamp was not an attempt to respond to complaints about HoT, what was it?
  • Two: When it comes to content delivery, no MMO, including the most highly successful one, has managed to keep content-hungry players happy. Other games may or may not do a better job of it than GW2. However, after a long time participating in various game forums, I can say that doing a good job of keeping players happy is rarely if ever acknowledged on a game’s own boards. I have seen such claims on other games’ boards when it was used to rag on that other game, though. Other than the occasional “thank you” posts, which may appear right when content drops, then quickly evaporate, game boards are predominantly devoted to players expressing their disappointment, often related to content delivery.
  • I’m sure everyone would be happier if Anet got into a faster release cadence for playable content.
  • I’m also sure that for some players, no cadence that can be maintained while presenting enjoyable content would be enough. ANet tried with the 2 week schedule in LS1, and there were tons of complaints about temporary content, poor quality and the mindlessness of much of it.
  • FWIW, I’ve already agreed that the reinvention of systems has hampered ANet ability to develop playable content.