Seraph Guard and their polearms

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Well hello, hello… as much as I am pleased with Lake Doric and new story, this is the best thing that I saw. Even that we can’t use them on land, there is a new skin (not obtainable) for something that is 100% a polearm.
Although we have Watchknights who also use’em, there is more and more of pole weapons users.
I always feel teased whenever I see anything spear/polearm related on land, melee combat, and despite of that we don’t have anything but a few of somehow pole-looking skins for staves. However a quarterstaff is not a polearm.
I see more and more people interested with this weapon, it’s quite an amazing piece of arms that should definitely be added into the game. We already got skins for them, all we gotta do is to take’em out of the water and dry them (yes, I am aware of making new skill sets and perhaps traits as well). I also think that it would bring a lot of build variety without the necessity of creating whole new specs.

Check out this reddit for more discussions. Let’s show some love to one of the most prime weapons ever created.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5sxxns/spear_in_combat_out_of_water_ingame/

P.S.
I would be happy if at least underwater spear skins could be put on two handed weapons, just for the sake of fashion wars.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

(edited by Rodzynald.5897)

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

I love spear weapons and it has always been sad that none are in the game.
It is also sad there are no great axes when the warrior image used in all product information regarding gw2 shows the image of a large armored warrior with a great axe hanging off his shoulder.

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Spears are not polearms. (although some polearms may also double as a spear)

That seraph’s weapon looks more like a Halberd than a spear anyways. Halberd would make more sense with how he is using it too. You don’t chop with a spear, that ain’t how spears work.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Posted by: RizelStar.3724

RizelStar.3724

That’s funny I created a topic about this in the living story section, I was guessing it could be a hint towards a Warrior staff wielding elite spec sort of like how Necromancer NPCs could wield greatswords before HoT released.

At the very least it is a unique staff, spear, trident, or new(grain of salt) weapon skin.