Seriously Anet, Do You Hate Us That Much?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Keira Wildflower.7304

Keira Wildflower.7304

I’m curious to know if you actually tested the creatures in HoT? because, the fruits of your labor are screaming “I was never tested for real-in-game-testing”.

Smokescales: Just slap some power nerfs on these guys and they should be fine, but seriously, so much evading it is ridiculous.

Master Gwyllion: WTF are you thinking!? His mechanics don’t even make sense!! He instakills the whole group, and he takes a massive group to kill him apparently. I have yet to see a successful group yet. He needs a way to be dodged or something. He shouldn’t do 100k damage to go through deathshroud and full health in one hit. the smokescales don’t help. Needs a massive rework.

Any Enemy Frog dude: Shadowstepping is way too broken. Not too mention the amount of stabbings they do you cannot dodge. Let me tell you it sucks. You need to pull back on whatever super damage ideas you have. They instant drop on you and you only get 2 dodges.

Mordrem dissentors (I believe that is what they are called): They are in the instance that get’s you the guild hall. Outrun the fastest player and kills them in 3 hits no matter who they are. I wish I was joking. I don’t know why you guys are obsessed with killing players so much. anyone not a professional player gets wiped on the floor.

I’m begging you guys. Please fix these. These are the most obvious. Bugs exist and I understand that. Just please tone it down or give us buffs!! Please!!

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

question, do you run full zerker gear?

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

honestly, all of them are fine…

Smokescale can be evaded and you can even interrupt them now… only thing that you need to learn is steping out of the smoke circle.
Gwyllion is easy. Everyone pack on him and there will always be 1 guy at least that won’t be targeted by the boss to rez other player.
Frog dude may have evade frame that are a bit too long but that’s all that I’d change on them.
Every mobs and there grandma outrun players, that’s not even a point.

No need to fix things that are fine.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Smokescales: Just slap some power nerfs on these guys and they should be fine, but seriously, so much evading it is ridiculous.

Well the only change I’d implement is being able to push or pull them out of their smoke circles. It gets a bit annoying having to dodge out of their smoke circle and then having to wait for them to come out, hitting them a few times, then having them cast another smoke circle… eh so boring. But otherwise no problem.

Master Gwyllion: WTF are you thinking!? His mechanics don’t even make sense!! He instakills the whole group, and he takes a massive group to kill him apparently. I have yet to see a successful group yet. He needs a way to be dodged or something. He shouldn’t do 100k damage to go through deathshroud and full health in one hit. the smokescales don’t help. Needs a massive rework.

You are fundamentally missing the tactics of this fight. You need stealth detection mastery, when he stealths you need to interrupt him or you get the massive damage. It’s not you get the massive damage and you can’t do anything about it.

Any Enemy Frog dude: Shadowstepping is way too broken. Not too mention the amount of stabbings they do you cannot dodge. Let me tell you it sucks. You need to pull back on whatever super damage ideas you have. They instant drop on you and you only get 2 dodges.

I haven’t noticed this, although I play a Reaper so I have a oh-kitten button that gives me access to stability and a pretty good interrupt ability.

Mordrem dissentors (I believe that is what they are called): They are in the instance that get’s you the guild hall. Outrun the fastest player and kills them in 3 hits no matter who they are. I wish I was joking. I don’t know why you guys are obsessed with killing players so much. anyone not a professional player gets wiped on the floor.

I’ve done Gilded Hollow twice and I haven’t noticed this.

Yeah my thinking too. If you go zerker you’ll be slapped around a lot XD

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

clearly a ltp issue here

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Am I the only one here that had little to no problem in dealing with these mobs, sure I died when I first ran into them, because I had no idea what these mobs could do, now that I know, it’s just using my brain, instead of mashing buttons on my keyboard…

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

The blade frogs are all i really don’t like. Their stun-stab needs a telegraph.

The shadowleapers could maybe use a slightly longer cooldown on their abilities or perhaps be unable to evade CC/while CC’d

smokescales are a joke, they don’t even get rev’s evade when they’re doing their shadowdance thing.

Honestly it’s nice just to have enemies that require you to at least think briefly while fighting them.

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

Smokescale a bit annoying. But not hard to deal with. Stun it.

Axe master have an technical issue( if you don’t have stealth detection, you can’t see him after successfully break the bar .)
His stealth location is fixed and people can break his bar in stealth. Have one peep who have detection to lead cc spot is enough.

Frog guy is ok. He have an animation to tell when he gonna shank you(hard). Just look for it

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

clearly a ltp issue here

This.

I’ve been through HoT on 2 characters (mesmer, revenant) in full (and I mean full on every single slot, even underwater weapons) berserker and have had no issues what so ever.

Did I die to a mordrem sniper the first time I met one? Sure.

Did I die to a smokescale the first time I met one? No, because by that time all the stuff I had met had me on my toes constantly, though I wouldn’t blame anyone dying to them in the beginning. They are nasty mofos.

Have not had any problems on my warrior or Thief (also both full berserker, but part exotic) too, but those are not as far.

HoT has you actually use all of your skills be it active defenses, escape machanisms, crowd control and condition cleanse in order to succeed (and knowing when to back out of a fight helps too). No more bashing your head against a wall until pve stuff dies. Arenanet even made enemys in the personal story a lot easier to kill, so there is that.

Now stop complaining and focus on getting better.

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

it is so funny, people complain about these mobs, others thinking it is because full zerker gear….. you know, I run FULL zerker gear because I am to lazy and to poor to go buy new or farm new gear. Just waiting for some decent drops, but you know what, I have 0 issues with any mobs and hardly died at all.

I think it is more an issue of not having masteries complete and getting used to mobs and learning new tactics, (and yeah the smokescales are annoying but meh)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Well the only change I’d implement is being able to push or pull them out of their smoke circles. It gets a bit annoying having to dodge out of their smoke circle and then having to wait for them to come out, hitting them a few times, then having them cast another smoke circle… eh so boring. But otherwise no problem.

Smokescales have very very low hit points, so you should be able to kill them before they recast their smoke field, or, if you have CC, kill them before they even use it once.

clearly a ltp issue here

Yep, this ^^

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Stun/immob/knock-down/blind/cripple/fear/knocked-the-kitten-away-for-whatever-reason.

New meta for lazy boring and un-fun game mechanics. Go ask Blizzard how that worked for them.

Infraction incoming. Zero Kittens Given.

CCCP….

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

I run full berserker i think the mobs in hot are perfectly fine , there should be some sense of danger in the world
If i see an elite Hylek or a couple of vet Hyleks(the ones with deadly dagger or range evasion) i just avoid them or rush through, couple of arrow shots and half my hp goes
Feels very engaging , no change plz

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Am I the only one here that had little to no problem in dealing with these mobs, sure I died when I first ran into them, because I had no idea what these mobs could do, now that I know, it’s just using my brain, instead of mashing buttons on my keyboard…

No you’re not. I’m actually down right confused by people having a lot of trouble. I’m honestly not trying to be a forum bad-kitten and mock people for struggling, I just don’t understand how people can possibly struggle after giving your brain 30 seconds to learn the new enemy mechanics for the rest of your life. Smokescales?? Jeez, I was 1-hitting them earlier, it was appalling how easy they are to kill.

For mastery farming I try to gather as many enemies together as humanly possible and I’m still not having problems. I find it extremely enjoyable to massively overaggro.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Try new builds and new stat combos before you complain about the defficulty, HoT pleased me with content that isn’t just Zerkable 1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111. For HoT, the Zerker meta isn’t for people who can’t time dodges, evades and blocks.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: XxNoahxX.7813

XxNoahxX.7813

I always wanted gw2 could be challenging, love the difficulty level before the HP boss nerf. All mobs in new maps are fine now, if you refuse to learn, don’t call for a further nerf and stay in core maps, most core gw2 contents are way too casual.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I run full zerker and haven’t really had issues with mobs killing me – the problem here is that mobs that “evade” or are invulnerable for long periods of time ( like smokescales) are not fun to play against.

It’s the laziest way to make a fight more dangerous/take longer – make the thing you’re fighting periodically invulnerable.

Even QTE would be a better way out.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Narrrz.7532

You can argue that any increase in difficulty is an ‘artificial’ extension of the fight – hell, increasing mobs hitpoints does that in the most direct way possible. Why aren’t you complaining that not every mob dies in a single hit? What is the ‘appropriate’ length of a fight beyond which any extension can be considered excessive?

personally i thought the new mechanics are quite innovative and made me have to sit up and pay attention to the enemy and their behaviour, not just semi-afk while hitting a button or two every 10sec. Sure, there are some mechanics that irk me – mentioned above – but i don’t want these taken out or even really changed, just telegraphed a bit better for player-friendliness.

When all is said and done, you can still get practically everything you might want out of this game from central tyria, where the mobs don’t do anything tricky.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I run full zerker and haven’t really had issues with mobs killing me – the problem here is that mobs that “evade” or are invulnerable for long periods of time ( like smokescales) are not fun to play against.

It’s the laziest way to make a fight more dangerous/take longer – make the thing you’re fighting periodically invulnerable.

In my opinion it is not a lazy way to make fights longer, it is a way to make you realize that this is your defencive phase of the fight. It forces you to plan your moves and not just go all out zerker on your enemies. People complained before that most of GW2 content was just 111111, but now you have to use other skills during these phases to get away, block, evade or dodge.

I run Knights with my Scrapper and I kill a veteran smokescale in less than 30seconds, CC it and keep it out of its smoke circle, the only time when it is realy invurnable is when he does the shiro skill but two timed dodges and you go pretty much out un-harmed.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: VentiGlondi.9830

VentiGlondi.9830

Bladedancers’ hit detection makes no sense. They are clearly stabbing in front of themselves, but they still have some sort of cleave, wide enough to look like you died from nothing.

Also making an enemy that’s completely immune to projectile attacks is just plain silly.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The problem with making mobs too fast is it makes it harder for the player to avoid combat. Combat reduces running speed, and pull backs and CC don’t help. It’s like if I wanted to engage instead of gather or do some event I’d hit them.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

If maps were not layered and some stuff not so ridiculously hidden, I would have nearly no concerns with HoT at all up to this point. My moaning and groaning will start again when raids are implemented.

In my personal opinion, Frogs were massively underated in the beta and smokescales way overrated. I especiall like the big frogs with the belly flop attack. The only mobs I loathe up until now are the rolling dinosaurs, not fun at all to fight them.

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

My issue is with pocket raptors, and Mushrooms, the raptors need alot less health.

Proud TTS member

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Yet another rant topic.
It’s so easy to spot full zerker player, didn’t you listen what anet said?
Zerker will be only option for very experienced players.

How about dodge few times, and make build that matters?

Welcome to content where your decisions matter!

My issue is with pocket raptors, and Mushrooms, the raptors need alot less health.

Are we serious right now ? ROFL
No they don’t what they need to do is to add agro-radius to make them spot you from large distance, they are half blind.

If they need anything they need buff not a nerf.

I love that you can’t just run pass the mass of mobs, get used to it kids, this is content that a lot of us want, specially GW1 players. Anet said “FIGHT YOUR WAY THROUGH THE JUNGLE”, they never stated “Walk through it and ignore all mobs like you used to in Tyria”.

Sorry people this content is meant for people that want something more then No-effort-Tyria-Core-content sorry, if you feel that mobs destroy you, go to Tyria, get better and come back this is end content for those of us who simply didn’t want to play PvE due to ZERO challenge..

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Pocket Raptors and less Health? WTF? Just one or two AOEs and they melt away.

Posted by: Cathbadb.6079

Cathbadb.6079

I like how hard the mobs are. For too long mobs in GW2 have been face roll easy and now the developers have made content challenging again.

Smokescales. The Revenant has a skill on the offhand sword that stabs the foe, then teleports back and pulls the target with them. I use this skill to pull Smokescales out of their smokescreen and kill them pretty quick after that. On my Reaper I simply use the Elite skill “Chilled to the Bone” which freezes the mob in place then it’s simply a matter of shroud, skill 5, 4 and 2 (in that order). Dead Smokescale. On my Ranger I use the knockback skill to punt the mob out of his smoke field.
Every mob has a weakness, something that can be exploited. We as the players must learn what that weakness is and implement it.
This is clearly a l2p issue.
I run full Marauder (the new Zerker gear) on my Revenant (with the exception of Celestial Agate exotic trinkets and rings), a Celestial mace, Cleric’s shield and Zerker 1 handed swords.
All in all using Herald I’ve successfully soloed every Champion (with the exception of the Axe and Blade Master) with very little issue, except lacking a condi cleanse that I have encountered. Sure I died a few times, but after learning the mobs weakness, I exploited it with proper time/reactionary skill use and overcame them.
I’m not an elitist player, I don’t run fractals, nor do I have a single toon with Ascended Armor or Weapons. I simply learn from my mistakes and love the challenge of hard content.
If the mobs were easy, the game would quickly become boring and I would likely stop playing. This also explains time gating on crafting, level gating on being able to use Mastery Points (I have unlocked more than 40) and the high cost of the new Legendaries.

Creating new content takes time and if everything in the game was face roll easy then we the player base would run out of things to do before new content was ready.

Arenanet has taken a real world business model of time and effort and placed it into the game. They have also introduced the concept of RNG, or in the business world what is known as Luck. There are ways to overcome this in the game. So how badly do you want those shinies? You don’t actually need the shinies to play the game, but it’s not Arena Net’s job to just hand them to you.
You paid for the experience when you bought the expansion but you haven’t yet earned the rewards. That comes through improving your skill set and actually putting in the effort. Much like how life is in the real world.

I for one would like to say Thank You Arena Net for keeping it real.

Posted by: Famps.7461

Famps.7461

I go to the forum to look for suggestion for my build or read intresting stuff. But all i can see is complains. The forum is poison with complains that most of time make no sense at all. For example the content is to hard. No is not, i have overaggro mobs, i hade like 2 or 3 veterans on me and other mobs at the same time. I was like “i am gonna die now”, use all my skills, move around alot, dodge, use range ability and i did it, kill Them all. I have started to wonder if people really suck at this game, or they dont care or they want everything on a silverplate and dont wanna work for it. Maybe they are so use to the Faceroll the core game have that they never learn to play. I mean this “hard content” is more like “normal content” in other mmos. I am use to tactics and aggro management and other stuff so this content is something that i really enjoy. I mean thank god is not Faceroll anymore

(edited by Famps.7461)

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Bladedancers’ hit detection makes no sense. They are clearly stabbing in front of themselves, but they still have some sort of cleave, wide enough to look like you died from nothing.

Also making an enemy that’s completely immune to projectile attacks is just plain silly.

Technically they’re not 100% completely immune to projectile attacks…otherwise my Ranger would not be able to kill them solo…and I can certainly do that using my LB.

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Fonction Gyro carries l33t zerkers since october 23th.

VoxL, NSPPT

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

OP may i suggest wiping those tears off with a towel as it makes playing difficult, especially if u want to learn mechanics so that u can understand these creatures and adapt. And put some CC on top.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Yep, all of them…fine to acceptable levels of difficult.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Cathbadb.6079

Cathbadb.6079

Oh and Revenant axe skill 2 is a teleport to target. As is Leap Through the Mists (or whatever it’s called) on Shiro which nullifies the teleporting frogs.
Frog legs is back on the menu, just don’t tell the Itzel.

Harper.4173

In my opinion it is not a lazy way to make fights longer, it is a way to make you realize that this is your defencive phase of the fight. It forces you to plan your moves and not just go all out zerker on your enemies. People complained before that most of GW2 content was just 111111, but now you have to use other skills during these phases to get away, block, evade or dodge.

I run Knights with my Scrapper and I kill a veteran smokescale in less than 30seconds, CC it and keep it out of its smoke circle, the only time when it is realy invurnable is when he does the shiro skill but two timed dodges and you go pretty much out un-harmed.

It’s not about what skills you use – it’s simply adding an “unfair” mechanic – no matter how skilled you are an invulnerable enemy is still invulnerable.

I have no issue killing them or staying alive – it’s just that I find the mechanic of making them last artificially longer through invulnerability to be a “cheap” way to add challenge.

Harper.4173

Yet another rant topic.
It’s so easy to spot full zerker player, didn’t you listen what anet said?
Zerker will be only option for very experienced players.

How about dodge few times, and make build that matters?

Welcome to content where your decisions matter!

Are we serious right now ? ROFL
No they don’t what they need to do is to add agro-radius to make them spot you from large distance, they are half blind.

If they need anything they need buff not a nerf.

I love that you can’t just run pass the mass of mobs, get used to it kids, this is content that a lot of us want, specially GW1 players. Anet said “FIGHT YOUR WAY THROUGH THE JUNGLE”, they never stated “Walk through it and ignore all mobs like you used to in Tyria”.

Sorry people this content is meant for people that want something more then No-effort-Tyria-Core-content sorry, if you feel that mobs destroy you, go to Tyria, get better and come back this is end content for those of us who simply didn’t want to play PvE due to ZERO challenge..

I played GW1 and sometimes I wanted to fight – but most times I was just running through.

And here’s a newsflash – you can run by these mobs just fine – especially with the new gliding and mushroom mechanics.

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Most of the new mobs that are dangerous are pretty zerky themselves. Just learn which ones you need to kill and which you can safely ignore.

Osu

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

It’s just like any other PvE content, once you get used to it, it’s as easy as anything else. Smoke scales for instance, dodge when they start evade hitting you. When they smoke field just move out and then burst it down once it moves out of it. Just requires a little more brains than standard PvE mobs. Got no problem in Berserker gear.

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

It’s not about what skills you use – it’s simply adding an “unfair” mechanic – no matter how skilled you are an invulnerable enemy is still invulnerable.

I have no issue killing them or staying alive – it’s just that I find the mechanic of making them last artificially longer through invulnerability to be a “cheap” way to add challenge.

Smokescales are only invulnerable if you facetank them in their Smokefield. Stay outside wait a Second and bamm. Smokescale dead.

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

If you don’t want to fight them, get the speed mushroom mastery. It give you 40% speed boost and you can run pass a lot of mobs.

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Zerker isn’t the problem, it’s a symptom.

If you don’t play zerker, mobs take 5x+ longer to kill and that’s 5x time longer to shadowstep, stun, blind, instagib you. You can’t outheal or outlast it, and since some of the mobs (frogs) spend 90% of the fight immune, stealthed, shadowstepping to range, or stunlocking/fumbling you, you’re in for a bad time.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Harper.4173

Smokescales are only invulnerable if you facetank them in their Smokefield. Stay outside wait a Second and bamm. Smokescale dead.

Sadly a lot of the times they’ll move OUT of the field yet retain evasion – maybe I’m faced with a very unlucky recurring bug but I seriously dislike it.

Harper.4173

If you don’t play zerker, mobs take 5x+ longer to kill and that’s 5x time longer to shadowstep, stun, blind, instagib you. You can’t outheal or outlast it, and since some of the mobs (frogs) spend 90% of the fight immune, stealthed, shadowstepping to range, or stunlocking/fumbling you, you’re in for a bad time.

Pretty much this – your best bet is to use some blind/block/invunerability and dps the HoT mobs down before they get a chance to be HoT mobs.

I really don’t know how people in non-zerk gear are doing in the jungle.

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

Pretty much this – your best bet is to use some blind/block/invunerability and dps the HoT mobs down before they get a chance to be HoT mobs.

PU mesmer – no problem at all – just can’t solo champs because I can’t kill the thing in the time limit. PU mesmer kind of relies on stuff killing itself and PvE mobs aren’t the best for this because they attack too slowly.

Condi necro – fun. Takes time to build up the condi damage but if you have a vet as a seed and spread the love from it … it’s so nice to ball things up and see those 5k bleeding and 3k posion ticks on 6 enemies.

All other toons, though, run zerker with maybe a bit of Soldier’s mixed in.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Please DON’T nerf the enemy difficulty. PvE is finally fun again.

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

Nice to see we’re back to insulting each other again. Please continue, let’s see this “award winning community” in action.

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

I’m a full glass Ele and I have no issues with smokescale/raptor or whatever you think should be nerfed. Please don’t drag down the game. We need fun challenges. Even with 12k HP, one dodge can save your life from a smokescale, and one lavafont is enough to kill it.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Narrrz.7532

Nice to see we’re back to insulting each other again. Please continue, let’s see this “award winning community” in action.

I’m not sure that there’s a nice way to say, “you might just not actually be very good at this game”
I don’t mind sugar coating but i think it’s less essential than getting the point across.

Posted by: Thagyr.4136

Thagyr.4136

I’m running around as a Knight scrapper and I can solo most of the Champs in the jungle if given enough time. All the attacks the frogs do are telegraphed to the max, and once you get stealth detection from nuhoch they lose one of their more annoying traits. I know a guy who is running around in Soldiers and he has no issue with anything on the maps.

I don’t understand how other people here complain about the frog dagger attacks. They literally take 3 seconds to sheath their bow to pull their daggers, then they BEELINE towards you by running. No teleporting or anything. Just plain ol’run.

Sure, if ignoring all these signs and they somehow hit you with their opening stun then you are in for a bad time. But we have stunbreaks. Hit one and take 3 steps to the left or right and the frog will just continue standing there flailing away at the air in front of him. Stunbreaks are useful in HoT cause of the abundance of knockdowns, stuns, dazes and launches.

Not rocket science.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

I’m not sure that there’s a nice way to say, “you might just not actually be very good at this game”
I don’t mind sugar coating but i think it’s less essential than getting the point across.

A “nice” way would be to offer useful advice, as other players have done, which would be constructive, rather than counterproductive.

Insulting other players gets no point across other than illustrating the shortcomings of those who do it.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

Funny, doesn’t sound like a skill problem to me, just more like mobs spamming cheesy abilities that don’t sound fun. But then again fun is subjective. So is difficulty, but whatever floats your boat.

Narrrz.7532

All the attacks the frogs do are telegraphed to the max, and once you get stealth detection from nuhoch they lose one of their more annoying traits.

I don’t understand how other people here complain about the frog dagger attacks. They literally take 3 seconds to sheath their bow to pull their daggers, then they BEELINE towards you by running. No teleporting or anything. Just plain ol’run.

Sure, if ignoring all these signs and they somehow hit you with their opening stun then you are in for a bad time. But we have stunbreaks. Hit one and take 3 steps to the left or right and the frog will just continue standing there flailing away at the air in front of him. Stunbreaks are useful in HoT cause of the abundance of knockdowns, stuns, dazes and launches.

Not rocket science.

They have several melee attacks, and if you are a melee character there is no telegraph on what attack they are about to do (which is my main complaint).

Also, right now, Nuhoch stealth detection doesn’t seem to function properly/consistently. The frogs are still able to break targeting with their smoke bomb, and they aren’t always made visible while stealthed.

If you keep them at range, then sure, bladedancers can’t really do very much to you, but not every prof/spec has an effective ranged playstyle and if a mob really wants to chase you down (like the champ for the hero point) there’s not all that much you can do to stop it.

I feel like putting a charge-up telegraph into the attack animation for their stun chain would be fair.

Funny, doesn’t sound like a skill problem to me, just more like mobs spamming cheesy abilities that don’t sound fun. But then again fun is subjective. So is difficulty, but whatever floats your boat.

You’re right, they are subjective. Most people would agree, though, that boredom is not fun, and most i think would likewise agree that un-engaging gameplay creates boredom. Difficulty may not automagically generate engagement, but it’s difficult to be engaged by combat which requires no attention whatsoever.

Personally, i find the new enemies much more engaging and therefore fun. Some – liek the bladedancers, as mentioned above – have attacks which are very difficult to dodge and have extreme consequences for failure, which i do not enjoy so much, but removing the difficult mechanics entirely won’t make them more fun – it’ll just make them boring, instead of annoying.

A “nice” way would be to offer useful advice, as other players have done, which would be constructive, rather than counterproductive.

Insulting other players gets no point across other than illustrating the shortcomings of those who do it.

We spent the first part of the thread explaining how to beat these enemies. If you still have difficulty doing so when you understand the mechanics, the best advice i can give you is “learn to play better”.
I’m sorry if you take offense from the insinuation that you are not already a good player, but you have to understand that there are bad players out there, and if explanations fail, the best advice we have to offer is “get better”

(edited by Narrrz.7532)