Shooting Gallery

Shooting Gallery

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lost Dragons Tail.3760

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

Okay I have watch several videos and attempted several times since HoT came out to do the shooting Gallery. I thought at first I just sucked but I noticed that my character takes longer to shoot the rifle then what is shown on the videos. On the videos they shoot then move their rifle and still hit the target but when I move my rifle after pressing the key it shoots where I stop the moving not where I shot originally. So I have to stop moving completely to hit anything and if I even slightly bump my mouse I loose the shot. Not counting there is one that I shot at 5 times in about the same spot before it even registered I hit it. And there are two frogs that come in on a constant basis while I am shooting and stop me from the adventure half the time. So every time I think I get the timing down some frog comes in the middle of me shooting and makes it impossible to get even a silver. And the most shots I ever got in it is about 21.

Shooting Gallery

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Do not bother.

After all the feedback they got for these adventures, stating clearly that the problem was not the time, but the very design of the adventure and the environment, they merely increased the timer instead addressing the problems that makes them impossible, and what’s worse, prone to be griefed by other players by luring enemies into the adventure area.

It doesn’t matter how many times you shooting gallery try if a hostile itzel will spawn every time to attack you, or if a player can get a nearby jungle boar to become hostile and attack you.

And they clearly work differently for different players. You try to do the exact same things with the same exact race, gender and body size, build, foods, boosters, camera and other settings, and even freaking gear and skins, and the same things still won’t happen as in the videos.

Examples of this are how the Chak in the scrap rifle adventure relentlessly chase the player all the way to the other side of the room in video ‘guides’ for the adventure, but when you attempt it they scatter, stand still and quickly return to their spawn points after a distance way shorter than they do in Tangled Depths or any other place here they appear. Or how when they fire #1 only their target chak egg breaks while they are aiming at many, but when you do basically all neraby egg explode even if you are actually away from them and keep them off the screen. Or how they heal over 5KHP and lose more than 25% weapon heat when breaking those eggs from a distance, but when you shot at one point blank you will barely get healed for 1K, and lose barely 5% heat.

Or how when you try to use seeds in the floor is lava half of the time nothing happens even if you have a constant and average pin way under 50ms, and no signs of latency problems. Or how when you try to jump off smushroom stairs you get stuck as if there was some invisible collision over your head, while they basically slide up those stairs following the same exact path and timing.

Or how shooting gallery video guides show fast and clean shots that go straight to target, but when you attempt them they will stray half of the time even if you keep the character still and just press 1, no other key, only to see how every time the bullet goes into some random direction, practically never the combat mode dot crosshair. Or how their bullets seem to go through vegetation and obstacles, but yours won’t hit the dummy point blank.

Or how the fallen masks always appear in nearby masks easy to reach in those video guides, but when you attempt them you get farthest ones all the time.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Shooting Gallery

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

On the videos they shoot then move their rifle and still hit the target but when I move my rifle after pressing the key it shoots where I stop the moving not where I shot originally.

I’m experiencing this too.

Shooting Gallery

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Shooting has a small cast time and where you’re aiming isn’t locked until the end of that cast. If you want to shoot and move, you need to keep aiming at your target. Personally, I use movement to more precisely aim. If you’re not an asura (lower camera height), try zooming in to first person (enabled under options), which I find easier.

The nearby enemies is the result of making the adventure more accessible. Completing the event chain to capture the camp will fix that, which used to be a requirement. Sometimes enemies will still spawn outside a little ways from the camp, but for the most part, you should be sticking within or very close to the camp’s barricade, the only exception being the 1 target that spawns behind the plant.

As for someone else shooting faster, the video could be sped up, speed mushrooms shorten cast times, a higher ping can cause higher cast times, or perhaps something, like a trait, is still applying.

Shooting Gallery

Posted by: Lost Dragons Tail.3760

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

Healix I did think of the videos being sped up but it appears the same in every video that they don’t have to wait to change to another target. My camera is moving at the same speed theirs is but the bullet has a longer delay then theirs. And it is because of the delay that I am taking so long to shoot a target. Granted I don’t know if that is significant to cause the low hit but I have noticed it.
And the event chain was done and over with. I was there several times to help finish the event to get some extra karma but there is always two frogs that will walk into the camp and start attacking you. I was in the covered area in the back when they aoe poison or whatever that is and kill me before I realize I am even getting hit. And it is non stop with only a short time before the next couple attack.

And thank you MithranArkanere and Zoltar MacRoth at least I know I am not alone in this one. I guess for me it just isn’t worth the mysteries if I have to deal with this much aggravation.

Shooting Gallery

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I got silver on every adventure because I wanted the mastery points, and once you hit silver the requirement for gold pops up. I barely got silver on Shooting Gallery at the buzzer and gold requires 10 more than silver.

Some of the adventures are easy enough to get gold on one or two tries (on wings of gold, drone race), but some are ridiculously frustrating to even get bronze and bronze is next to worthless except for some collections.

I think if the mastery points were changed from silver+gold to bronze+silver we’d be in a good place. Give some other reward for gold, but don’t lock mastery points behind it.

Shooting Gallery

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

I got gold np once they added some extra time. Tbh I’d say this is a case of learning how to do it.

Funny though, a lot of issues that MithranArkanere.8957 names are issues that I’ve never experienced, and I’ve got gold on all but 2 adventures.

I do agree that mastery points shouldn’t be locked behind gold though.

Shooting Gallery

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

In addition to the STUPID idea that mobs can attack you while trying to complete an adventure, adventures are also clearly very prone to FPS issues. Those who find adventures very easy and who make the videos / guides obviously have none of the issues. Lucky them.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Shooting Gallery

Posted by: Annika.7084

Annika.7084

……
Funny though, a lot of issues that MithranArkanere.8957 names are issues that I’ve never experienced, and I’ve got gold on all but 2 adventures….

Lucky You! ‘Cus I’m having the same issues as Mithran and others. After reading many posts about adventures it’s quite obvious to me they work very differently for us. When I have watched guides on how to on Youtube I often wonder if it’s the same game we’re playing.

Shooting Gallery

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I should have added that I’m in Australia – our higher ping might have some influence on this.

Shooting Gallery

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

I think if the mastery points were changed from silver+gold to bronze+silver we’d be in a good place. Give some other reward for gold, but don’t lock mastery points behind it.

That is a good idea. I think A-Net should do this.

Because the GW2 game client (and the network part of the game) is not designed for this kind of action/arcade mini-games and as a result for some players (with equal skill and experience) it is much worse/harder than for others.

As an example: When I was in a full map (that was doing the meta) it was impossible for me to even get bronze in one of this adventures. But when I tried it off-peak in a empty/deserted map, I easily got silver in the same adventure.