Should I delete ranger or necro for rev?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Well since HoT won’t come with a free character slot, and I have two characters that I don’t play much due to the balance teams inability to make them at all viable, it is much more rational and efficient for me to delete one of these two unviable characters to make room for a revenant, than it is to even farm the gems for a new character slot.

God forbid I make a revenant and it turns out I’d be better off with the character I’ve deleted, but I guess that will just have to be the risk I’ll have to take to even try the class out.

Lets see on my necromancer, I have max crafting for artificier and legendary that I’d just bank, but it will also be completely awful with a heal skill that now makes it easier to kill after using it! And lets not forgot about those OP siphoning skills and the new ability to make my downed friends (since having a necro on your team will get your friends downed) not bleed out! What great team support! I still have lich form though, but whats that? All engineers run AoE polymorph moa now? Oops, bye bye elite skill!

On my ranger, I don’t really have any crafting disciplines or anything, so I guess it would more convenient to kill this character off. Still, I’ll be sad that I won’t experience the new druid spec, or wonderful OP new traits like protective ward and that oh so nerfed posion master that no one ran before anyway!

My mesmer, ele, thief, and future revenant, and whoever I don’t kill will mourn the loss of the one that must die. However it is a sacrifice born out of self-interested economic rationality for the expansion.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: ForeverAway.5948

ForeverAway.5948

Necro.

It was by far the worst profession in the game already, and the latest ‘balance’ change somehow managed to find a way to make it even worse.

Posted by: Rhyn.3614

Rhyn.3614

Necro are going to be godly with the improvement to condi damage. Delete the Ranger I say. It’s up to you though. Unless you’re speed running dungeons all the time it doesn’t really matter, people who don’t understand how to play them are going to act all elitist towards both of them anyway. It’s the “meta” thing to do.

Posted by: ZoSo.4867

ZoSo.4867

I don’t think you’ll need to worry about deleting them anymore

PS (please check your mail before deleting them!)

(edited by ZoSo.4867)

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Delete necro. Useless class in all game modes

obey me

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Don’t delete anything yet. Anet still has time to correct their silly mistake.

How so?

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

How so?

Sounds like Zoso just sent them enough gold to buy enough gems to buy a character slot. If that’s what they really did, that is awfully kind of them. Why this needs to be done though is a sign that Anet has not done a good job relaying to us why the expansion is going to cost the amount it does and does not come with a slot by default.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

My Necro is probably my favorite character right now. Been running it this entire spring. For the Rev, meh I wasn’t impressed by it in beta at all. I really didn’t like the profession and the eye bleeding animation spamming it has. That brick road spam is horrid. So no, I wouldn’t delete any existing characters right now. Wait for HoT to be released before making any rash moves.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

Necro is getting a HUUGE buff with the change in condi damage…….

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

Just buy a new character slot.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Necro.

It was by far the worst profession in the game already, and the latest ‘balance’ change somehow managed to find a way to make it even worse.

Have agree. I like my two 80 necros more than my single 80 ranger, but the upcoming balance patch was really unkind to them.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: upsdn.5426

upsdn.5426

self-interested economic rationality

If you had any shred of this faculty, you wouldn’t be playing this game.

Posted by: eaxe.8570

eaxe.8570

Just buy a new character slot.

/Agreed.

Posted by: Gmbcrew.6209

Gmbcrew.6209

Please do not give your false opinion when you are clearly a full on 100% PvE casual. If you knew anything about “all game modes” you would know Necro is one of the most powerful classes in WvW, if not the best class in terms of aoe damage in WvW, in a 20 comp for GvGs you’d see about 4 necros in that comp whereas you’d see 0-1 Rangers. Also, Necro holds their own in PvP whether it be a Power Necro or Condi terror build and is used by the best PvP team in the game, Abjured, so yeah that’s a thing. As for PvE, lmao people still take that stuff seriously?

Pretty sure no one uses Ranger in PvP, at least competitively it is very rare, no one uses them in PvE if you want to be max damage or whatever you guys do in PvE, and Rangers in WvW are very specific to a ganky annoying Longbow role which everyone will hate you for using.

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

Why not both?

Message Body length must at least be 15.

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Please do not give your false opinion when you are clearly a full on 100% PvE casual. If you knew anything about “all game modes” you would know Necro is one of the most powerful classes in WvW, if not the best class in terms of aoe damage in WvW, in a 20 comp for GvGs you’d see about 4 necros in that comp whereas you’d see 0-1 Rangers. Also, Necro holds their own in PvP whether it be a Power Necro or Condi terror build and is used by the best PvP team in the game, Abjured, so yeah that’s a thing. As for PvE, lmao people still take that stuff seriously?

Pretty sure no one uses Ranger in PvP at least competitively it is very rare, no one uses them in PvE if you want to be max damage or whatever you guys do in PvE, and Rangers in WvW are very specific to a ganky annoying Longbow role which everyone will hate you for using.

Ty for a good laugh, thats all i have to say. I would call you for a duel to show you that “100% casual pve” but i wont even bother with randoms

As for gvg/wvw chromomancer with their superior to necro wells says hi.

obey me

Posted by: ZoSo.4867

ZoSo.4867

How so?

Sounds like Zoso just sent them enough gold to buy enough gems to buy a character slot. If that’s what they really did, that is awfully kind of them. Why this needs to be done though is a sign that Anet has not done a good job relaying to us why the expansion is going to cost the amount it does and does not come with a slot by default.

Exactly what happened! Didn’t have anything to buy with the gems from the ultimate edition and wanted to show people there is some good in this whole pre purchase debacle. Would be a real shame to lose all that progress on the characters, plus the Guild Wars community always looks out for each other!

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

How so?

Exactly what happened! Didn’t have anything to buy with the gems from the ultimate edition and wanted to show people there is some good in this whole pre purchase debacle. Would be a real shame to lose all that progress on the characters, plus the Guild Wars community always looks out for each other!

Much thanks again

Yeah all is good now, my necromancer and ranger will both survive for many eons to come.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Neither,, delete warrior…

Learn from the wise Rylock…

Posted by: Dakunaito.9602

Dakunaito.9602

delete Necro without 2nd thought and play your Ranger. Ranger will be OP after the update on 23 June . i already did and started leveling a Ranger. Necro is getting nerfed in the update while Ranger will be like a God with the buff. also Reaper specialization is worse than weapons sets you use now. skills have very long cast time and dmg isn’t that great. don’t bait from the cool animations. Reaper is mediocre. in pvp you will have huge problems cause players aren’t AI, and with long cast time the skills are predictable and you’re vulnerable to interrupts. people are going crazy on Chill on autoattack cause of the cool animation with that flashy charge effect. look how stupid this is: the 2 first hits have 0.75sec cast time(Hammer has 0.5sec) and the 3rd hit that does the Chill has 1sec(Hammer still has 0.5sec). that means 2.5sec to do the Chill. is there someone that will stand there for 2.5sec and get Chilled? if there is someone should quit GW2 and go play his thing

someone said that Necro will be Godly with the changes in condi dmg. he’s dead wrong. right now there are better classes at condi dmg, isn’t it natural that after the update they will still be better since the changes will affect them too?

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

Delete both. Then make a Revenant and and Engineer. All accounts should have atleast one engineer.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Pretty sure no one uses Ranger in PvP at least competitively it is very rare, no one uses them in PvE if you want to be max damage or whatever you guys do in PvE, and Rangers in WvW are very specific to a ganky annoying Longbow role which everyone will hate you for using.

Ty for a good laugh, thats all i have to say. I would call you for a duel to show you that “100% casual pve” but i wont even bother with randoms

As for gvg/wvw chromomancer with their superior to necro wells says hi.

You don’t know what makes necro wells special do you?

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

It’s sad that it has come to this for a lot of players. They will be forced to delete an 80 or not play a Revenant, or pay even more money on top of $50. You have to admit, it’s a crappy way to treat your existing players.

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

It’s sad that it has come to this for a lot of players. They will be forced to delete an 80 or not play a Revenant, or pay even more money on top of $50. You have to admit, it’s a crappy way to treat your existing players.

Honestly, if you don’t have enough gold to buy a new slot, you are doing something wrong.

And I am not a white knight, and I believe that the “expansion” is way over priced.

Posted by: Oldyoung.6109

Oldyoung.6109

hold off and see what happens.

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

I know you don’t have to delete anymore. BUT there is one reason I would delete Necro over Ranger if i had to even though i love my Necro.

It is pretty easy to get a Necro back to where it was once it is deleted and later rerolled. If you delete a Ranger and reroll later, you have to Unlock ALL THE PETS AGAIN.