Small Guild and Guild Hall claming

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zidonya.2084

Zidonya.2084

As a small guild it seems like it has been made impossible to claim a guild hall. I liked how you could get one in Guild Wars one. It made it possible for any guild to get one. Even if it was harder to collect the funds needed to get one. What I am hoping is that the dev team will see this and think about small guild and a way for use to claim a guild hall.

Posted by: CommonSense.4697

CommonSense.4697

You can easily claim a hall with 4 people

Posted by: Super Hayes.6890

Super Hayes.6890

I need to do it with two

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I have personally been involved with claiming halls with a total of 4 in one case and 5 in another. Post in players helping players forum, I have seen several posts that got results, also ask in map chat within the maps containing the different halls.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I need to do it with two

You don’t need to do it with two. Ask for help in /map. Anyone joining your /party or /squad can join you in the instance. (You can use LFG, too.)

It’s possible with just two; it’s also a pain.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You don’t “have” to do it with 2. You can ask pugs to help, which is what I resulted to in order to get mine. I posted in Players Helping Players, asking for help, and got quite a few responses.

I’m happy to help, feel free to hit me up if you see me online.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

As others have said, if you use LFG, you’ll probably find a few people interested in doing it just for the experience – maybe even agree to help out other small guilds open theirs in exchange for their help.

It is definitely possible with groups of just about any size.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The best size is 7-9 people. I’m always happy to help with hall claims if I’m around and the claim is ready to start (ie mission paid for and launched, folks gathered at the door).

I’m NA. Call on me for aid at need.

Posted by: Super Hayes.6890

Super Hayes.6890

Thanks for the tips! I didn’t realize non guild members could participate. That makes the whole thing seem much less ominous. My guild of two will be doing much rejoicing

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Right, you just have to have the non-guildies in squad (or party) with you. You load in first, once fully in give the word and they can walk into the portal and select your guild to join inside. Sometimes it is a little glitchy, they need to keep trying if so. You do need a guild member with permissions to trigger the NPC inside to start the attack.

I suggest not triggering the attack until everyone is inside and has had the mechanics explained to them. It’s really not hard to do a claim as long as you know what to target and what not to stand in.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

As a small guild it seems like it has been made impossible to claim a guild hall. I liked how you could get one in Guild Wars one. It made it possible for any guild to get one. Even if it was harder to collect the funds needed to get one. What I am hoping is that the dev team will see this and think about small guild and a way for use to claim a guild hall.

We claimed it with 5 and have levelled to 28 with 4 or less contributors, so it is def doable, but as a long term goal. Which I am happy with to be honest.

Posted by: Trinibaje.7683

Trinibaje.7683

My tiny guild also had help claiming, posted in Players Helping Players and got help rather quickly. We’ve leveled up to 29 with only 2 contributing. It is going to be slow going, but it’s a goal to work towards.

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

Claiming the hall wouldn’t be my worry, its being able to use it to create scribing decorations and decorate basically your own home. (I prefer uninstanced housing or instanced village communities)

I would imagine the upgrades for a personal hall would be the same as a 500 person guild. This is outrageous! Upgrades should scale based on the number of people in a guild. When more join the guild at a certain threshold, the guild upgrades would become locked again to another threshold of mats to unlock. This process would continue back and forth until it scaled back to the original setting. So people can’t cheat the system.

The main reason i’d want to unlock a personal guild hall would be to decorate it, but the upgrades for 1 person are waaaaaaaaaaaaay to costly.

Open world housing or instanced village communities please

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

(edited by Kelly.7019)

Posted by: Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Keep in mind that you no longer need to unlock the decorations merchant in order to start decorating your guild hall. All you need is the workshop (you can buy all the basic decorations at the master scribe next to your workshop). for that you need to claim a hall (= pay 100 gold, 150 favor) and complete the claim mission

Then you need to upgrade your tavern, mine, mine capacity and workshop. After that you can fully decorate your hall with the only limitation that you can not craft and buy Guild Hall Monument Decorations, (these are the ones on which you can put a custom text)

You need the following materials to get your workshop: (note i wrote this very fast so forgive me for any typo’s )
450 favor (complete guild missions in your small guild or or join a PVE guild that does them (more details at the end of this post)
600 elder wood planks
800 mithril ingot
10 empty keg
50 glass mug
20 obsidian shard
25 bolt of silk
140 cured thick leather
10 bolt of gossamer
10 cured hardened leather sq
50 shovels
20 bloodstone brick
200 watchwork sprocket
50 linseed oil
20 airship oil
50 ori ingot
5 elonian leather sq
50 quartz crystal
25 gold to get some materials that you need to buy at an NPC
a leather worker who can craft lv 18 slot bags (or some additional funds to buy them off the TP)

Its not cheap but also not something that is crazy expensive, a legendary is still way harder to get.
Most things i hear players get stuck at is:
1 getting the favor needed (complete guild misions, remember that you can change the setting from random (default) to the game type you like best (PvE, WvW, PvP), if you are solo i would recomend PvE and join other guilds to get favor for your guild.
2 get the claim mission done (LFG or ask friends to help out, best do it with 5-8 players, any more gives you a 2nd target to take out each time with makes it a lot harder)
3 getting 50 silverwaste shovels for the mine upgrade

Ofcourse you need to level a scribe as well to craft the decorations (350 gold atm if you use the guide from http://gw2crafts.net/scribe.html and need to buy everything off the TP). Note that the guide requires some guild unlocked recipes but if you do not have acces to those, mail me in game and you can level up in our hall (we have been offering this service ever since i wrote the first scribe guide)

After that you only need the materials for the decorations that you want, which can also add op depending on which decoration you want.

If you struggle with favor, feel free to join us, we run missions weekly on 19.00 server time (20.00 cet) on EU servers. If needed i can then also explain to you how you can get favor for your own guild. With this method you can get favor for races, puzzles and sometimes bounty (if you have the same one, 1/3 chance). Things you can solo are the easy (5 target) guild trek and easy (1 target) bounty. For the bounty, it helps to have a tag. Either join a guild that is doing it on the map (there are some times like 18.00-20.00 servertime in the weekends) that they are done quite commonly, or just find the target, tag up (mentor tag is fine for this) and call for assistance on the map. Usually a few players are willing enough to help you out and kill it (or you can be a boss and solo it completely ofc).

Vin Lady Venture, of The Rising Falcons [RiFa]
member of the Fissure of Woe (FoW) community

(edited by Rin of Rivvinda.4971)