Small Guilds earning Favor/GH in HoT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: lordvroom.1274

lordvroom.1274

Q:

I would like to ask why we haven’t had any followup information about earning Favor the new guild currency in Heart of Thorns.

Now from what I understand this is the replacement for merits and influence and can only be earned by completing guild missions…Now what am I supposed to do with my WvW Guild?

While we are a small guild, we are not tiny – 20 active (40 total) I am not afraid of us being able to secure our guild hall, but I am bothered by the fact that we may have to complete missions. Most of us have been pure WvW players and do not or have any desire to complete missions or any PvE content. At least influence was fair in the fact that you could earn it in PvE, PvP, and WvW. How is this new currency going to be “fair” for every guild of all sizes?

So, are you going to force my guild to complete guild missions which often require 20+ members to do with ease in order to advance our guild hall?

-Vrontios
Leader of The Backup [CREW]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

A:

Before we launch we’ll be covering a lot more in depth info on guild halls and guild progression, including a number of details we haven’t announced yet. Hang tight – your answers will come then!

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

guild missions do not require 20+ to do.

Bounty can be done solo, although duo is much easier

Rush can be done in time quite easily if you have at least four players(everyone would have to do multiple runs). Even three can do it if you’re careful and you know the path.

Puzzle, I believe the minimum is six because some puzzles require you to do six things at once.

For Challenge Save our Supplies can be hard, but the rest are also doable with just six people.

More people can make certain guild missions easier, but it can also make them harder because of the scaling.

lordvroom.1274

…often require 20+ members to do with ease in order to advance our guild hall?

I didn’t say you need 20 to do missions. I said that they are easy when you have that many people doing them. While yes I understand you could have a strong core of 6 people that could somehow do all the things but it isn’t a walk in the park, especially considering most of us are hardcore WvW’ers and therefore <20% of map completion.

-Vrontios
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

but the thing is, except for maybe Save our Supplies, the rest are not actually easier with more members because of the scaling.

Even the guild rush isn’t necessarily faster with more people. Getting 6 people to listen is a lot easier and faster than getting 20+ to listen.

As for world completion, fairly sure they mentioned there being portals in the guild hall that will transport you. But even if there isn’t, you can spend 30 mins as a guild to run to every single required WP and after doing it once, you’re done.

lordvroom.1274

While I respect and understand what you’re saying about only needing a few members to do missions. The bottom line still is…my WvW guild will NOT ever run guild missions and that we are appalled that ANET would force us to complete them in order to get our guild hall outfitted with things like the War Room and Private Arena.

By requiring you to complete them for favor this forces players into being pigeon-holed to complete something that we don’t want to do in order to get our GH. So I still am sticking to my opinion that at least influence was fair. Yes you could buy it for gold but simply remove that option if you want it to be more important.

-Vrontios
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

you need 12 for the langmar estate puzzle for one room.
you need at least 6 for the snowden puzzle icicle room.

I don’t think you are required to do missions to unlock content from what I read. it seems like missions will award favor and commendations, but nothing directly related to guild hall materials. most of that comes from your aetherium mine, right?

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Your guild is probably going to be ok, but guilds smaller than yours are going to lose a big source of their guild commendations when guild challenges are locked behind instances (whereas currently several guilds can collaborate).

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

thats funny considering that last time when my guild attempted bounty TRAINING with a squad of 3 we failed miserably….

other thing being that it was more than a half year ago……

[where those bosses nerfed or sth?]

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

thats funny considering that last time when my guild attempted bounty TRAINING with a squad of 3 we failed miserably….

Depends on the boss. Poobadoo will go down easily to a good player or two, while Half-Baked Komali was buffed with the burning changes and will melt a small group who won’t have enough condition removal to deal with it. Being in a small guild of friends where we’re lucky to have a full party online at any one time, this kind of stuff worries me. My guildies play for fun, not to grind content that was designed for more people.

lordvroom.1274

I don’t think you are required to do missions to unlock content from what I read. it seems like missions will award favor and commendations, but nothing directly related to guild hall materials. most of that comes from your aetherium mine, right?

Can you point to something backing this up? From what I read Aetherium is just for speeding up upgrades or possibly related to the scribe but still Favor (merits) will be required to build the new structures. From that datamined picture it looks like some materials and guild level are needed to advance the market with merchants and TP access and those things are fine I just want to find out the exact use of favor and if it can only be earned from guild missions. (yes I know they said some influence can be converted to favor which may be our only hope if you need it to build your hall)

What about guild challenges I know most of these responses are aimed at bounty and I get that. There is a large disparity for finding some of them (Rat Wrangler where you need to talk to a kittenton of rats to pop him) and Komali which require solid groups to defeat. I also know that the PvE guild that I occasionally join for missions seems to need at least 15 to complete a challenge at all.

I just want the guild system to remain as fair as it is right now, yes you need to do missions to get commendations but nearly all of the things that commendations buy you are available in other ways.

-Vrontios
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

yeah, but more expensive ways…

and no nothing to back that up, it’s just pure speculation.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

This is same as complaining why raids need 10 people and why can’t they be soloed or 2-3 manned (nobody actually complained yet, but you get my drift).
Point of guild quests/events is that more people gather to do guild related stuff to advance the guild. If you choose to have guild with 20 active players, few online at a time then that comes at a cost. Cost being harder guild advancment and sometimes not being able to do all stuff bigger guilds can. You can’t compare your guild to a guild that has 200 active members and demand equality. Big guilds are harder to manage and in return some benefits must come from that. It’s harsh but it how it is and how it’s fair. Otherwise, everyone would make small guild and easily grab all the rewards that come with it.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I wasn’t always able to make guild mission, so I actually solo bounty time to time for guild commendation.

But I was usually able to pick the easy bounty since I use tier 3 and only need to kill one of the six. But even that, I run out of time often. A cheese way of doing bounty is use bow bear, and try fighting beside the way point so you can keep spawn rushing.

I think there was someone on reddit who says he usually solo bounty training for influence and sell siege that way for money. He said his success rate is around 50%.

If you are really interested in doing bounty with low man, I suggest running during reset time. Since every guild is running that time, so you can leach of other guilds and actually have a high success rate even if you have small amount of people.

Lord Trejgon.2809

This is same as complaining why raids need 10 people and why can’t they be soloed or 2-3 manned (nobody actually complained yet, but you get my drift).
Point of guild quests/events is that more people gather to do guild related stuff to advance the guild. If you choose to have guild with 20 active players, few online at a time then that comes at a cost. Cost being harder guild advancment and sometimes not being able to do all stuff bigger guilds can. You can’t compare your guild to a guild that has 200 active members and demand equality. Big guilds are harder to manage and in return some benefits must come from that. It’s harsh but it how it is and how it’s fair. Otherwise, everyone would make small guild and easily grab all the rewards that come with it.

and then ArenaNet throw at us 5 ppl NPC guilds and tell everywhere how awesome guild it is :P
[Destiny’s Edge: Rytlock, Eir, Logan, Zojia, Caithe (started with 6th member – Snaff)
the other one I don’t remember the name off – Braham, Rox, Marjory, Kasmeer, Taimi]

Lord Trejgon.2809

I wasn’t always able to make guild mission, so I actually solo bounty time to time for guild commendation.

But I was usually able to pick the easy bounty since I use tier 3 and only need to kill one of the six. But even that, I run out of time often. A cheese way of doing bounty is use bow bear, and try fighting beside the way point so you can keep spawn rushing.

I think there was someone on reddit who says he usually solo bounty training for influence and sell siege that way for money. He said his success rate is around 50%.

If you are really interested in doing bounty with low man, I suggest running during reset time. Since every guild is running that time, so you can leach of other guilds and actually have a high success rate even if you have small amount of people.

well after failing miserably at bounty trainings we dropped the topic and in fact – never reached actuall bounty….
probably we’ll be back to the topic after the expac hits the grid because of changes in how guild missions are done.

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

you are incorrect in your comparison.

I am also in a small guild, very small PVX guild which is WvW focused.

Point is, in a WVW focused guild you HAVE TO HAVE WvW upgrades going which is possible and doable within the current system of influence.

But to our understanding, after HOT launches, we will have to have a guild hall and continuously obtain the new currency in order to maintain WVW effectiveness.

We do not need to raid for armor, only those of us that want the new legendary armors will go after them and they are not necessary for WVW, but the WVW upgrades are.

So a better comparison would be that we will have to do PVE raids in order to maintain the WVW upgrades (regardless wether those raids are guild missions or new upcoming raids in HOT). That is the issue.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Lord Trejgon.2809

Point is, in a WVW focused guild you HAVE TO HAVE WvW upgrades going which is possible and doable within the current system of influence.

But to our understanding, after HOT launches, we will have to have a guild hall and continuously obtain the new currency in order to maintain WVW effectiveness.

We do not need to raid for armor, only those of us that want the new legendary armors will go after them and they are not necessary for WVW, but the WVW upgrades are.

So a better comparison would be that we will have to do PVE raids in order to maintain the WVW upgrades (regardless wether those raids are guild missions or new upcoming raids in HOT). That is the issue.

iirc the only thing you’ll need for wvw upgrades afetr claiming guild hall will be that thing that is mined automatically….

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

iirc the only thing you’ll need for wvw upgrades afetr claiming guild hall will be that thing that is mined automatically….

Favour is not being mined automatically, and it does seem to be used for upgrades.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Lord Trejgon.2809

Favour is not being mined automatically, and it does seem to be used for upgrades.

afaik favor will not be per se used for wvw upgrades – but then I may be mistaken on that part – one thing I can tell for sure – if it will be required it will be obtainable in wvw (haven’t they mention somewhere that favor will be obtained the same way as influence now is?)

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

What makes you think a quite small guild will get any use out of wvw upgrades in the new system? Claim priority scales based on the number of players representing a guild when an objective is taken. I don’t know what your server is like, but on mine it’s pretty much a given that a guild of less than 20 people wouldn’t really ever get claim priority.

Your server may be different though.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Lord Trejgon.2809

What makes you think a quite small guild will get any use out of wvw upgrades in the new system? Claim priority scales based on the number of players representing a guild when an objective is taken. I don’t know what your server is like, but on mine it’s pretty much a given that a guild of less than 20 people wouldn’t really ever get claim priority.

if he consider 20 ppl “small” wvw guild then he’s right – when you get 20 people and go to wvw under single banner there are more than plenty of objectives you can claim with those 20 people alone – and then having those upgrades is a must – but then you also have got a point in case of new system – there is a big chunk of possibility that currently employed tactics with guild running all boosts and claiming everything on the run so people can grab more supplies for taking nex objective may cease to exist….

lordvroom.1274

Pope you are misinformed about how Guild claiming works. The current system does not grand favor to the largest amount of players in one guild there. It is based on 2 things: The number of guild players in the cap and the percent of the guild present.

Example: I have a 100 man guild and we capture an objective but we had 20 members present. Yes we had 20 people there but only a 20% roster present.

A small WvW guild with 20 people and 10 people present(50%) will actually gain priority over you in this system because the largest majority of players (in terms of roster%) are in the smaller guild.

EDIT: This is also why some guilds like myself prefer to keep it extremely active (50 member cap) this means when we raid 20 members we have a very solid chance of near 100% claim on any objective where we are present.

-Vrontios
Fort Aspenwood

lordvroom.1274

This is exactly what I am trying to emphasize and thank you @Colin for the response I just want you to understand that we just want to know as Guild Leaders how can be best prepare for the upcoming changes for our guilds to survive. We also want you to understand that We (WvW) guilds will NOT be happy if we are forced to do PvE content (missions) in order to sustain our WvW gamestyle

-Vrontios
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

As leader of a very small guild, I need to know whether I should be spending influence now on unlocks (some of which take a week to complete) and which unlocks will benefit us the most. How much influence should I be holding back for the things it will be harder for smaller guilds to earn?. If we only get this information a few days before launch, it may be too late for me to do whatever needs to be done to get my guild ready. We need time for planning, discussion, and execution.

Posted by: Metalman.6345

Metalman.6345

Use all of your influence now, because new guild currencies doesnt include it. You can transfer some of it into one of the new currencies, but i dont think it will be anything major.

PopeUrban.2578

Pope you are misinformed about how Guild claiming works. The current system does not grand favor to the largest amount of players in one guild there. It is based on 2 things: The number of guild players in the cap and the percent of the guild present.

Example: I have a 100 man guild and we capture an objective but we had 20 members present. Yes we had 20 people there but only a 20% roster present.

A small WvW guild with 20 people and 10 people present(50%) will actually gain priority over you in this system because the largest majority of players (in terms of roster%) are in the smaller guild.

EDIT: This is also why some guilds like myself prefer to keep it extremely active (50 member cap) this means when we raid 20 members we have a very solid chance of near 100% claim on any objective where we are present.

There’s a minimum in there somewhere though, right? I mean if it was completely based on percentage in attendance it would be most efficient to split your guild up in to 5 man guilds so you can easily have 100% of the guild representing at each objective, and cap four objectives rather than one, right?

This is the first I’ve heard of any sort of percentage mechanic so I’m interested in where the minimum sits and so on.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

BrettM.9062

Use all of your influence now, because new guild currencies doesnt include it. You can transfer some of it into one of the new currencies, but i dont think it will be anything major.

I’m less interested in what other players think will happen than in knowing what ANet plans to happen. I have no way of knowing what you consider “major”. I have no way of knowing how much “some of it” amounts to, or whether the amount of influence we have now is over or under the limit you think will be convertible. I have no way of knowing whether being able to convert “some” influence to new currencies later will work out better for us than spending it all on unlocks now. I’m not sure how you know we won’t be able to buy anything with these new currencies that we will prefer over the things we can unlock now, or that the new currencies will not be harder for us to earn than the influence we already have accumulated.

I would rather base my actions on facts and numbers than on airy hand-waving based on vague, undefined terms.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There’s a minimum in there somewhere though, right? I mean if it was completely based on percentage in attendance it would be most efficient to split your guild up in to 5 man guilds so you can easily have 100% of the guild representing at each objective, and cap four objectives rather than one, right?

This is the first I’ve heard of any sort of percentage mechanic so I’m interested in where the minimum sits and so on.

Didn’t the Devs state a Guild could only cap (and hold) one objective at a time? I’m not sure how the new WvW works, exactly. I’m not that great of a WvW-player.

PopeUrban.2578

Didn’t the Devs state a Guild could only cap (and hold) one objective at a time? I’m not sure how the new WvW works, exactly. I’m not that great of a WvW-player.

They did, but the poster I’m responding to seems to indicate the system is based on percentage in attendance rather than total number of members in attendance. If it is completely percentage based it seems it would be trivial to split up the guild in to smaller sub-guilds as time went on just to cap and hold more objectives at once.

It just seems weird that it would be a percentage based system rather than a flat numbers system and it’s the first I heard of any ‘percentage of the total guild roster" mechanic. Everything I’ve seen on streams seems to indicate the claim system only cares about how many boots a given guild has on the ground at the time an objective is claimed, which seems a better way to ensure larger guilds tend to hang on to larger objectives and don’t have the opportunity to snatch up half the map and push other reasonably sized guilds out of the system.

I’m interested in the math at work here, if there’s some percentage mechanic how does it weight that against total number of member at the objective so it’s not easily exploited by splitting guilds?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I, also, have heard no mention of percentages in regards to capping objectives. Still, it would not matter if there were percentages as far as splitting up your Guild goes….only one objective could be capped at a time.

Besides, percentages would make no sense; at least, not to me.

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

I’ll be surprised if they gave much more than a passing thought to how the guild changes will affect wvw guilds, and now someone has mentioned it they will be busy making sure they can spin all the changes to make it look like they did think about it but sadly it wasn’t possible to program, etc etc.

Astralporing.1957

I’m pretty sure that the percentage thing is some sort of misunderstanding on the lordvrooms part. The blog post was very clear on the issue after all:

When claiming objectives, the guild with the most members present when an objective is captured has first priority.

That doesn’t mean of course that this guild will claim the objective, it needs to be accepted

If that guild passes, then the next guild down the priority chain has the opportunity to claim it.

In the case of a guild zerg, that second guild may be just a single hanger-on (though usually won’t be).

We also know, that it is possible to claim only a single objective on any given WvW map at the same time, so that the guild may have reason to pass on a lesser objective when eyeballing a better one, or may be simply unable to claim due to already being at claim cap.

Additionally, “A guild member with permission to claim objectives needs to be present to make the claim and slot the upgrades.”, so it may just happen that a guild group that captured the objective (or is next in the claim queue) accidentally didn’t include anyone with required privileges.

To top that,

After three passes, any guild may claim the objective.

So, to sum it up, it’s entirely possible for a small guild to be able to claim something even on moderately populated WvW servers.

Actions, not words.

PopeUrban.2578

I, also, have heard no mention of percentages in regards to capping objectives. Still, it would not matter if there were percentages as far as splitting up your Guild goes….only one objective could be capped at a time.

Besides, percentages would make no sense; at least, not to me.

No, no, you misunderstand.

Not having all the players in your guild be at different objectives. Actually taking your 200 player guild and splitting it in to 50 person guilds. That’s kind of where this percentage theory falls apart.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You are right, I don’t understand. What good does it do to split up the Guild, as far as capping goes, if only one objective can be capped at a time?

Now, I understand splitting up the Guild to try to remove an enemy from an objective, but only to free it for another Guild to capture it belonging to the same Home World.

I guess. Lol. Somewhat confusing. =/

PopeUrban.2578

You are right, I don’t understand. What good does it do to split up the Guild, as far as capping goes, if only one objective can be capped at a time?

Now, I understand splitting up the Guild to try to remove an enemy from an objective, but only to free it for another Guild to capture it belonging to the same Home World.

Basically, if you could split a 200 person guild in to 50 person guilds, you could functionally own 4 objectives, thus cutting all of the real 50 person guilds on your server out of the system since those 50 person guilds would have 100% of their roster present to claim the objective, and thus get priority.

The system as the rest of us understand it is simply that the 200 person guild would want to have all 200 members there when a fort is claimed so they could own the fort, which would prevent them from also owning the towers/camps around it unless they all swapped tags to another guild.

I mean functionally there’s not much difference aside from the fact that a percentage system would make it much easier to hog ownership by claiming multiple objectives at once, while the numbers system in stead would require people who wanted to do that to have the entire 200 person guild switch tags and actually be present at each objective.

In the numbers system you’d have to get a lot more trolls together to pull it off, so it’s better, which is probably why anet went this way with it.

lordvroom.1274

Basically, if you could split a 200 person guild in to 50 person guilds, you could functionally own 4 objectives, thus cutting all of the real 50 person guilds on your server out of the system since those 50 person guilds would have 100% of their roster present to claim the objective, and thus get priority.

The system as the rest of us understand it is simply that the 200 person guild would want to have all 200 members there when a fort is claimed so they could own the fort, which would prevent them from also owning the towers/camps around it unless they all swapped tags to another guild.

I mean functionally there’s not much difference aside from the fact that a percentage system would make it much easier to hog ownership by claiming multiple objectives at once, while the numbers system in stead would require people who wanted to do that to have the entire 200 person guild switch tags and actually be present at each objective.

In the numbers system you’d have to get a lot more trolls together to pull it off, so it’s better, which is probably why anet went this way with it.

Hey sorry about the late reply. I’m going to try to reply to your question.

Yes you are correct in that recent blog quote where they said the guild with the highest amount of members present gets priority (I think that is a simplification as they rarely discuss hard math numbers/statistics). As far as my reason saying that there is a percentage component, sadly I cannot give any literature or point to anything concrete.

I also am not sure but I agree there should be a “minimum” number but knowing anet I feel like people would cry foul if their small guild could never claim anything. I will say to my knowledge I do not believe there is a minimum.

I will say that my understand of it comes from 3 years of playing WvW, during the beginning (first 1-2 months of launch) a developer came forward and said that it was not just a simple “boots on the ground number” and accounted for present roster percentage into the claiming priority system. Now you’re right I have no 100% answer if they have ever changed this, but I have been operating under the asumption that is is. (And have personally never seen anything on the contrary) – I’ve seen 10 man guilds beat out blobs in the current system to claim something.

And to answer your question, if the way I have been managing WvW guilds for 3 years is correct (boots present + percentage statistic) factors into claiming, it would be more productive for your 200 man guild to split up into 4×50 mans (and you could claim 4 objectives per map and get 100% success rate)

-Vrontios
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by lordvroom.1274)

lordvroom.1274

I’m pretty sure that the percentage thing is some sort of misunderstanding on the lordvrooms part. The blog post was very clear on the issue after all:

When claiming objectives, the guild with the most members present when an objective is captured has first priority.

That doesn’t mean of course that this guild will claim the objective, it needs to be accepted

You are correct that they said this in a recent blog post. I think they just said so because they don’t go into math as I previously just stated.

See if anyone (a dev) can reaffirm my point because I had received it first hand 3 years ago that percentages count.

Also if you don’t believe me, please put this to the test, go take a havok guild with a 5 man roster and make sure 100% of them are there to capture a camp, and your 100man blob guild and bring 20 people. If everything works as I have seen it in 3 years of this game mode, the havok group will beat you and win out in the current system.

That being said, they could alter the new claiming system to only account for “present boots on the ground” but I think they are just making claiming for visual and not changing the underlying mechanics.

-Vrontios
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Storm.1653

Storm.1653

I have to agree with the pm , also my guild was 60% done. now they strip you of all you had accomplished and start you at 0 . thanks for kittening my guild

BrettM.9062

I’m feeling mighty screwed by the info release. My little guild of 10 had a pittance of about 50k influence collected. We were told that we could exchange 10k influence for favor, implying one favor since no other exchange rate was given. Well, that was so punitive for a small guild that I took the advice of a later blog post and just spent most of the influence to catch up on upgrades that would grandfather over, whether we really needed them or not. Now I find that I could have held back and traded for enough favor to start the GH claiming mission.

We were not given enough detailed info early enough to make solid, rational decisions about the best way to transition our guilds to the new system. I call that a major communication failure, but, unfortunately, I can’t say I’m surprised by it.

Posted by: Sobin.5947

Sobin.5947

I’m feeling mighty screwed by the info release. My little guild of 10 had a pittance of about 50k influence collected. We were told that we could exchange 10k influence for favor, implying one favor since no other exchange rate was given. Well, that was so punitive for a small guild that I took the advice of a later blog post and just spent most of the influence to catch up on upgrades that would grandfather over, whether we really needed them or not. Now I find that I could have held back and traded for enough favor to start the GH claiming mission.

We were not given enough detailed info early enough to make solid, rational decisions about the best way to transition our guilds to the new system. I call that a major communication failure, but, unfortunately, I can’t say I’m surprised by it.

We have a guild of like 4 people, we did 1 guild mission post hot and claimed our guild hall. I don’t see any sort of issue here, it was like even half of a guild mission that earned us enough favor.

Posted by: DKzPixel.3792

DKzPixel.3792

So ANet??? Any update??? Smaller guilds spread over various timezones are struggling to get Guild Missions done for various reasons, we NEED a way to buy Influence to convert to favor OR we need another way to earn it... Many smaller guilds are folding up because they cannot progress after spending a buttload of time, an inordinate amount of materials and gold just to get part-way and stall, leaving the few doing all the work broke and exhausted. Another way of earning Favor is tantamount to the survival of smaller guilds. Come on we all got screwed now fix it!!!

DKz Pixel (Leader)
The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Commander Dkz Pixelette – Borlis Pass US since Beta!

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Before we launch we’ll be covering a lot more in depth info on guild halls and guild progression, including a number of details we haven’t announced yet. Hang tight – your answers will come then!

I feel kinda screwed by Anet. “You have to buy HOT to see what is in HOT”
We are a tiny 3 person guild (since GW1) and just can not earn favor.

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

3!? then you have enough. the guild I’m in started with a few, capped a guild hall, now no one gets on. but even by myself just 1, I can get about 300 to 1000 favor a week, depending on what missions show up. Wish I had 2 other friends.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Why necro this thread? We do all guild missions with just 6 people often enough. The only thing that is a bother is the 5 guild bounties.

Also, you can invite Pugs to guild missions, other guilds to guild missions and do your guild missions like that.
You just need to open the instance for your guild and everyone else in your party can. Or let another guild open it and tag along, and you still get your guild’s mission reward.

The options are there, you just need to pick one.

EDIT: PvE Missions mostly though. Harder WvW or Harder PvP missions can be a tad annoying, but I believe even some of those say minimal 3 people. (And if you win/cap everything and get little opposition it’s obviously easier)

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Fenris Amarok.4052

Fenris Amarok.4052

That write in no way says you have to buy it to see what’s in it… I think your anger is getting in your way. Gaile said they’d be releasing the info close to launch. If you preordered before that, that’s your fault and your lack of judgement. Not theirs. Also, my guild has around seven active people and we almost always only do guild missions with 3 people. You have no excuse.

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

That write in no way says you have to buy it to see what’s in it… I think your anger is getting in your way. Gaile said they’d be releasing the info close to launch. If you preordered before that, that’s your fault and your lack of judgement. Not theirs. Also, my guild has around seven active people and we almost always only do guild missions with 3 people. You have no excuse.

They didn’t release the info people were looking for BEFORE the xp went Live I can assure you of that and im joining this thread that normally I wouldn’t bother to do to support comments stating it was an issue I only bought HoT 4 days before it went Live – I was on the exact thread you are quoting from BEGGING for information that would confirm or deny WHICH upgrades were being grandfathered in , which were not and what the changes to rep meant in terms of new currency gathering.

EVRYTHING I and others were concerned about in that thread and others came to pass – I ended up spending gold on upgrades they ‘implied’ would be grandfathered in that then were not – all the upgrades I had worked for on my solo Guild were pretty much thrown in the bin – and I don’t care what any person who claims solo Guilds ‘arnt Guilds’ thinks – if a group of people or even one person has EARNED rewards from a game those rewards should NOT be taken off them – that most definitely happened here with Guilds.

It was a Gold sink avariciously manipulated to look like a brand spanking new games system for the benefit of everyone.

It wasn’t and even big Guilds are suffering and especially wvw guilds…

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Colin gave the details, and they were completely correct. You can use aparty to get more people in your guild missions and invitingthem into yourguilds guildhall.

Alternatively, you only need 6 players for pveguild missions

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Astralporing.1957

Colin gave the details, and they were completely correct.

They were also not very detailed.

Actions, not words.