Smath the Beetles! kthu... kthu... kthu!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

So I came across a Norn in the far north of the silver wastes. He was killing beetles….

I asked him, I said “Norn, Why are you killing all those beetles?” to which he replied “Smath the beetles! Smath ’em! kthu… kthu.. kthu…”

I could only assume he was some kind of simpleton; perhaps his mother had dropped him on his head…. but I wasn’t deterred. I am the smartest person I know; certainly having the wherewithal to discover the mysteries of what lies within the heart of a moron… Why was he killing all those beetles?

Minutes turned into hours, hours into days, and there he was “kthu.. kthu… kthu…”

I began watching him intently. Like one would watch an animal hoping to learn some insight into their behavior, and as I watched I became more and more sure of it… There was something happening there. His toon was like a page in a book written in a language I couldn’t understand, but he wasn’t mindless, he had his reasons…

Kthu… kthu… kthu…

I could almost see the person’s frustration reflected in the erratic behavior of the norn toon. If it was a drop he was after it certainly wasn’t dropping.

I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Why did all those beetles have to die? I knew they were only graphic images in a video game, but it was horrifying none-the-less…. kthu.. kthu.. kthu…

I went to teq, but all I could think about were the piles of dead beetles, and his inventory filled with beetle husks…

I don’t think he would have ever stopped, but a veteran teragriff spawned on top of him and pinned him in a charge against a rock.

And that was it… he was dead….

What was it all about? Maybe some Dev’iate had played a trick on him.

Kthu.. kthu… kthu…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vnYW9Psf1o

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Perhaps, being a simpleton, he believed that those beetles would eventually give him the remains needed for the luminescent armor.

Posted by: Geisterlicht.6083

Geisterlicht.6083

Haha nice one! I immediately thought of GoT when i ’ve read this!

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Do not try and kill the beetle. That’s impossible. Instead… only try to realize the truth. There is no beetle.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Are you sure you didn’t dream this?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.