So 1 new zone?

So 1 new zone?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: pandorasbox.6340

pandorasbox.6340

So just 1 new place to go? The heart of Meguma? I am not criticizing here. The Heart of Meguma could be a region with multiple maps. I am stating a fact here that Rift when it adds a new region it has been known to add areas larger then the base.

My hopes is that the Heart of Meguma would include the Fire Island Chain as well as the tarnished coast if we indeed head south. My feeling tho is with a name like Heart of Meguma, we may indeed go north, northwest instead.

Are we going to get some new personal story when we get access to the expansion to tie us over to season 3, if season 3 is not already upon us by then?

Anyone have 2 cents to throw in? Am I totally insane to be expecting multiple maps? Are we going south, or north/northwest? Is expecting more personal story too much as well?

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

They spoke about a region and mentioned at least 3 zones.

One – Piken Square

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: pandorasbox.6340

pandorasbox.6340

Thanks for the swift reply. What about the Personal Story? Are we going to stick with the Living world story before and after release, ore is the expansion going to provide us with something?

Any guess if we are headed tword the coast or further north?

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

I’d be surprised if we did not see a few zones covering the Maguuma region – and I’m pretty sure I heard the term ‘maps’, plural, mentioned by one of the speakers when referring to exploration – although not 100% certain.

My guess for the future would be that a few months after the expansion, we will see the return of Living Story to take the story onward and set the scene for the next dragon we will face.

Then in 12-18 months the next expansion will arrive with zones in the appropriate region – for example if the next dragon is Jormag, we’ll see more zones expanding north, towards the Eye of the North territories; if it’s Kralkatorrak, we’ll see zones covering the Crystal Desert etc

No evidence for this, mind you, but seems a logical way to proceed.

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This page mentions ‘new storyline’: https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/en#section-more

Make of that what you will.

Good luck.

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: Feothyr.6072

Feothyr.6072

A zone consists of several maps; e.g. Ascalon is a Zone consisting of 6 maps. I’m pretty sure there will be enough for us to explore in the jungle

Goroth – Necro | Valea – Mesmer
Naneth – Guardian | Brannoc Oakbark – Ranger
Is all that we see or seem just a dream within a dream?

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

People obviously don’t know what they’re talking about, haven’t visited heartofthorns.guildwars2.com, or watched the PAX announcement.

They didn’t announce any maps. They announced we will be going into the heart of maguuma which will have three biomes. A biome does NOT indicate a map, region, area, etc.

People who keep reiterating “1 map” or “3 maps” don’t know what they’re talking about. I would speculate a large chunk of the maguuma to be playable.

Literally all that was said was:
-Travel further into the Maguuma Jungle
-New Profession
-Profession Specializations (Not much is known)
-Masterys (Sounds similar to wvw mastery but gliders, etc)
-WvW Borderlands
-New PvP Mode
-Guild Halls

They will expand on each of these topic as we progress towards release date (Not announced). They did say 6 weeks until a playable demo.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

I think, that even if start with just a couple of region of Maguuma Jungle, nothing stops ANet from expanding at convenience when the story calls for it. Noone said LS won’t be continued in some form, after all, had they?

I think we’ll start with some number of regions (from 1 to whatever), and after some time they will be expanded.

Since nowhere was it stated, that regular updates won’t happen, I assume they will continue.

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

They didn’t announce any maps. They announced we will be going into the heart of maguuma which will have three biomes. A biome does NOT indicate a map, region, area, etc.

If the official page to Heart of Thorns is to be believed it’s going to be more than 1 map though. Since they used the phrase “explore new open world jungle maps”.

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

A zone consists of several maps; e.g. Ascalon is a Zone consisting of 6 maps. I’m pretty sure there will be enough for us to explore in the jungle

actually what you call zones are “regions” . zones are maps/instances.

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

The maguuma is the same as Ascalon or Kryta. It’s like 5 new zones.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

It seems we’re just getting a single region chunk. i.e. no Crystal Desert, no Ring of Fire and so forth, but just the jungle.

Which is kind of limited but I’m starting think this will be a lot cheaper than the base game.

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

They spoke about a region and mentioned at least 3 zones.

IIRC, they simply said 3 biomes in 1 region. Those biomes could be split into a mere 2 maps for all we know. All we can say for sure in this point is 2 or more maps and that’s only because when they referred to zones in the they did it in plural sense. They never specified a number.

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

Mmmh, no. There is a big part of Maguuma that we don’t see on the current in game map.

http://imgur.com/gVGQ3SL

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

They mentioned 3 Biomes, not 3 zones.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Here’s the part where he talks about the area.

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

Here’s the part where he talks about the area.

^this. At around 12:30 he is using the word “maps”. That clearly is indicating that there will be more than one map.

Sure. “two maps” are still “maps” but that would be a really sad joke. So I’m really expecting more than that. 3-4 at least if you ask me. I guess it’ll be like Kryta, Ascalon, Ruins of Orr, etc. Might actually be like 5-6 maps but I don’t want to get my hopes too high up so I’ll stay with 3-4 for now.

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: Erylian.8405

Erylian.8405

Mmmh, no. There is a big part of Maguuma that we don’t see on the current in game map.

http://imgur.com/gVGQ3SL

Not just the mainland. With the addition of the Mursaat this definitely opens up the possibility of neighboring lands like Ring of Fire and Janthir. Both are places where the Mursaat have had a presence. Both are fairly close to the jungle. But neither are the Meguuma jungle nor are they as large as the jungle. If they did not explicitly mention the Mursaat then they could easily not mention a few areas outside where the bulk of the story takes place.

My gut is telling me that we will leave the mainland at some point.

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Well, the Shiverpeaks, Ascalon and Kryta are three regions. Using those as an example we will no doubt get around four perhaps five large maps and probably a city. Lets not forget these areas are supposed to make use of height and have three distinct layers, essentially giving you more diverse areas to play in within the same map.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

It would be very dumb to just look to the number of maps, look at the size and content in total instead. 3 huge maps could be bigger than 10 small.

So 1 new zone?

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I’m pretty sure there will be at least three new zones. Heart of the Maguuma is the region and a region usually have a few zones in them. Like Kryta have Queensdale, Harathi Hinterlands, Kessex Hills and Gandarran Fields + two cities. Lion’s Arch and Divinity’s Reach. I think the new city will be a Mursaat city.