So I just got the Q2 update e-mail

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: saeleth.3915

saeleth.3915

And this is what I see as the first item:

Updates to Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Maps
Heart of Maguuma maps have been updated to make exploration more fun, whether you prefer solo or group play. Mordremoth’s forces were driven back from crucial waypoints, adventures are more accessible, new events have been added, and scaling and reward structures have been adjusted to give you more control over how you spend your time in the jungle.

So…did ANet go back and fix the HoT zones to make them more accessible and fun like vanilla zones are, or were these just some superficial changes that were made. I stopped playing a handful of months ago because of sheer frustration needing groups for almost everything in HoT.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are some changes, mostly for the better These aren’t cursory changes, they’re deep rooted changes, everything from clearing out mob density on more traveled roads to frontloading rewards so you don’t have to play through the meta, to uncontesting the waypoints and adventures as often as they can.

For example, most of the waypoints in VB now are open all the time, and the two that aren’t are only contested when there’s an event on them.

The grind is a lot less, because you accumlate loot much faster.

There are more veteran events and less champion events.

And while skill points still require more than one person, adjustements have been made to some of the more difficult ones.

There are 15,000 words of patch notes. This isn’t a minor change.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Here is the Patch Notes to peruse thru:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-19-2016/first#post6105851

Have fun reading all 15,000 words …. comes out to about 10 pages of updates.