So....Linseed Oil?

So....Linseed Oil?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

So with the big patch, so many changes were made to HoT rewards and Scribing (i.e. resonating slivers).

However, im surprised to see that Linseed Oil is still expensive and was not handled.. I don’t mean dropping it from every single event or something, but reducing the amount of flax seeds required (i’d say from 20 to 10)….Considering you need it as a base in so many things, and in significant numbers…

So....Linseed Oil?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Flax now drops from mobs quite a bit so they did make changes. Plus when you consider there are specific patches with lots of flax in one place you can farm nearly 1 oils worth at a time, then they probably thought it was in an OK place.

So....Linseed Oil?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Flax now drops from mobs quite a bit so they did make changes. Plus when you consider there are specific patches with lots of flax in one place you can farm nearly 1 oils worth at a time, then they probably thought it was in an OK place.

Yeah, nearly 1 oils worth… with everything requiring tons of those oils.

They may have thought it was in ok place, but it wasn’t. Which was pointed to them long before the patch.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

So....Linseed Oil?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

They may have thought it was in ok place, but it wasn’t. Which was pointed to them long before the patch.

They have also done something to improve it and maybe that is still not enough but we’ll have to wait to see if that is the case.

So....Linseed Oil?

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Mushroom enemies in Heart of Thorns zones now drop sizable amount of Flax when killed, I’ve received four Flax from a single kill. That’s a helpful influx of Flax for Linseed Oil, so if you need it you can go to the Heart of Thorns areas where mushrooms are plentiful and farm there, or participate in events that have mushroom enemies. You can even just make a note to kill the mushrooms you see while travelling.

So....Linseed Oil?

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

i find flax fiber rarity more annoying
flax seed will continue to go down over the time.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

So....Linseed Oil?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Before the announcement that scribing supply|demand would be adjusted, flax was trading around 2.6s/pile, down from a post-launch high of 7s in November. It’s inched up a bit to 3.5s/pile, mostly because of all the people who suddenly decided they wanted to try scribing, based on all the other things that changed price. That spike is temporary, and so we’ll see flax drop below 3s/pile again.

The overall price history suggests to me that flax prices are fine for now.

(Flax fiber did the same thing, except the spike was from under 3s/fiber to over 15s/fiber, mostly because it can’t be farmed as easily in the supply required. It, too, should be expected to drop in price after the current, temporary demand subsides.)

tl;dr wait a month; prices will be noticeably lower

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

So....Linseed Oil?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Mushroom enemies in Heart of Thorns zones now drop sizable amount of Flax when killed, I’ve received four Flax from a single kill. That’s a helpful influx of Flax for Linseed Oil, so if you need it you can go to the Heart of Thorns areas where mushrooms are plentiful and farm there, or participate in events that have mushroom enemies. You can even just make a note to kill the mushrooms you see while travelling.

I will never be that desperate for flax.

So....Linseed Oil?

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

there are only 2 flax farms. one in VB and one in TD. u can camp some toons at one or rotate through the 2.

would be fun if u could plant gardens in your guild hall. and by harvesting flax you could also have a chance to get flax seeds and then demand like 10,000 seeds to plant 1 node

There are some great spots in gilded hollow for and elder wood tree farm

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die