So New Buyers of GW2 Get what exactly?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Gallahad.9834

Gallahad.9834

Q:

So with this new expansion it includes the core game as well as the expansion? So in other words i just paid $60 for GW2 when i could have gotten it AND the expansion for $50 if i had just waited? or is the expansion JUST the expansion and not include the core game?

Posted by: Shalloe.4867

Shalloe.4867

A:

If you bought GW2 within the past 30 days Anet support is refunding/compensating customers. Beyond 30 days and you may be screwed.

You also lost all your work since they disable your account. What they should have done was let them buy HOT and refund the $10 or what they spent in GEMS.

Do you know any1 who has lost progress because of a refund then?

Ive seen on redit a user claim he got a refund and DID NOT loose his progress. He purchased the base game for $40 and got that refunded and paid the $50 for hot and the base game without loosing any progress.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3aege1/a_follow_up_to_my_post_that_blew_up_out_of/

Posted by: gryph.8734

gryph.8734

Add my voice to the chorus of discontent. I was with this game since about a month after it came out, just after the online sales were suspended and reinstituded. Two-and-a-half years. And guess how much I paid for the core game? That’s right. $49.99 USD. Am I wrong to feel like I’m being punished for being an early adopter?

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Change title or get infraction

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

If you bought GW2 within the past 30 days Anet support is refunding/compensating customers. Beyond 30 days and you may be screwed.

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Correct, If you had waited you would have gotten both. You can try applying for a refund. You’ll lose all progress, but you’ll be able to get HoT with free base game.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

So with this new expansion it includes the core game as well as the expansion? So in other words i just paid $60 for GW2 when i could have gotten it AND the expansion for $50 if i had just waited? or is the expansion JUST the expansion and not include the core game?

Per Regina The expansion costs $50. The core game is included as a free gift to new players.

“Just paid $60” how recent is “just paid”
…I’m pretty sure core hasn’t cost $60 within the last year, could be wrong though…
Either way, looks like if you contact support they will refund you up to 30 days(and completely close your account, including the gw1 link of applied); at which point you can pre-purchase HoT, which includes core.

Per arenanet/staff/knights, you would not be buying core at this point, but getting it included with your HoT purchase. It is very important to remember this fact, that core will be given to you, free of charge, valued at $0. Otherwise, you may get upset.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Add my voice to the chorus of discontent. I was with this game since about a month after it came out, just after the online sales were suspended and reinstituded. Two-and-a-half years. And guess how much I paid for the core game? That’s right. $49.99 USD. Am I wrong to feel like I’m being punished for being an early adopter?

Yes! Five minutes of self flagellation and ten Hail Balthazars for you.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

gryph.8734

Per Regina The expansion costs $50. The core game is included as a free gift to new players.

…I’m pretty sure core hasn’t cost $60 within the last year, could be wrong though…
Either way, looks like if you contact support they will refund you up to 30 days(and completely close your account, including the gw1 link of applied); at which point you can pre-purchase HoT, which includes core.

Per arenanet/staff/knights, you would not be buying core at this point, but getting it included with your HoT purchase. It is very important to remember this fact, that core will be given to you, free of charge, valued at $0. Otherwise, you may get upset.

That sounds like semantic corporate mumbo jumbo-babble to me.

sigh

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

sigh

But it’s not corporate mumbo jumbo. If you’ve bought the expansion recently ask for a refund. If you haven’t bought it recently you’ve had time to play it and you’ve gotten money out of it.

I once bought a TV and six months later it was $100 less. Sure, but I was using it for six months.

Welcome to the real world.

gryph.8734

sigh

But it’s not corporate mumbo jumbo. If you’ve bought the expansion recently ask for a refund. If you haven’t bought it recently you’ve had time to play it and you’ve gotten money out of it.

I once bought a TV and six months later it was $100 less. Sure, but I was using it for six months.

Let me explain this to you in real simple terms:

I HAVE NO RECOURSE.

I have been playing GW2 since early October of 2012. Unless and until this problem is solved to my satisfaction, I won’t be buying HoT. Anet made a grave miscalculation in catering to new players at the expensive of veterans, and they won’t get my $50 until such time as I believe I am getting sufficient value for my money.

Posted by: XeoShock.7094

XeoShock.7094

sigh

So people who paid full price got an extra 15-16 days more than people who got in on $10 sale who now can’t refund and that justifies a sufficient gap that we got our “moneys worth”.

FAQs…

Lest We Forget

Quiznos.4296

Well, you both have a point. It is corporate mumbo jumbo, and that’s how the real-world works.

If you feel you need to further discuss HoT + Core inclusion, please stop by https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HoT-Price-Feedback-Base-game-included-merged/page/92#post5182121

And/or contact support, try for a refund. And then by HoT

Posted by: ElectricGoat.8253

ElectricGoat.8253

See here’s thing you bought it at full price when it came out. You can’t expect anet to bend over just for you cause you bought it early. You crazy. YOU bought it early so YOU deal with the consequences.

Ex: You buy a car, its an ok car. Goes places. SKip a few months and theres a sale on the car. OH NOEZ you can’t get the sale because you already bought it and you needed a car.

That is the same exact thing here. Welcome to being an Adult.

gryph.8734

Well, you both have a point. It is corporate mumbo jumbo, and that’s how the real-world works.

If you feel you need to further discuss HoT + Core inclusion, please stop by https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HoT-Price-Feedback-Base-game-included-merged/page/92#post5182121

I’m not going to ask for a refund for over two-and-a-half years worth of time and money I put into this game. If I ever feel like my concerns with HoT are sufficiently addressed, I would not rule out buying it. I have no intentions of permanently leaving GW2 altogether. That said, I don’t think Anet could have handled this controversy any worse. The silence is deafening.

XeoShock.7094

See here’s thing you bought it at full price when it came out. You can’t expect anet to bend over just for you cause you bought it early. You crazy. YOU bought it early so YOU deal with the consequences.

Ex: You buy a car, its an ok car. Goes places. SKip a few months and theres a sale on the car. OH NOEZ you can’t get the sale because you already bought it and you needed a car.

That is the same exact thing here. Welcome to being an Adult.

If you are referring to me you obviously didn’t read my comment properly, I paid full price a month and a half before the ‘expansion’ came out.

FAQ edit false advertising

If were not referring to me, I apologize and have a nice day

FAQs…

Lest We Forget

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

sigh

That’s a poor comparison. This is more like getting a shelf, building up a china plate collection, and then after seeing a better deal on a shelf having to give up your entire collection just to get the same value that other people are getting.

Keep in mind that in order to receive refunds, people have to give up their current accounts entirely. If they worked hard over the past ~30 days, that could be a lot of effort gone entirely to waste simply because they were misled to believe that there wouldn’t be this better deal.

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

It’s a pot-stirring troll thread so I don’t think he cares.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

You could get refunded if you bought the game within one month. Dev will upgrade your account to HoT version without losing progression.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

gryph.8734

You could get refunded if you bought the game within one month. Dev will upgrade your account to HoT version without losing progression.

Not what I heard. My understanding is that you lose everything in the process of that refund, including accrued gems and character slots. Then you have to start from scratch with a fresh account and five blank toon slots.

Quiznos.4296

I’m not going to ask for a refund for over two-and-a-half years worth of time and money I put into this game. If I ever feel like my concerns with HoT are sufficiently addressed, I would not rule out buying it. I have no intentions of permanently leaving GW2 altogether. That said, I don’t think Anet could have handled this controversy any worse. The silence is deafening.

I’m on your side!
But the question of this thread has been answered.
If you want to discuss the pricing structure I’m only reccomending you do it in the right place. (Or risk this getting merged in, creating further incoherencey)

Vayne.8563

sigh

So people who paid full price got an extra 15-16 days more than people who got in on $10 sale who now can’t refund and that justifies a sufficient gap that we got our “moneys worth”.

People who paid full prices thirty days prior to the preorder date are entitled to a refund, which means they paid NOTHING.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Nah he shouldn’t.

Besides he if does get infracted and/or forum banned that might just cause him to call his credit card company and take back/open up a dispute on that $60 he paid, nvm buying the expansion.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Not what I heard. My understanding is that you lose everything in the process of that refund, including accrued gems and character slots. Then you have to start from scratch with a fresh account and five blank toon slots.

The OP of that reddit post made another thread about this to clarify but did not get nearly as much attention, do more research about saying random stuff.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Stormbolt.7293

Stormbolt.7293

Yep. And if you get mad, they’ll call you “entitled!”

Zero Day.2594

You sound entitled.

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Stormbolt.7293

Stormbolt.7293

You sound entitled.

I think that advertising the core game using HoT for months, all while knowing that it would be bundled with the expansion is unethical and borderline illegal advertising, and I’m entitled? Anyone who purchased the game recently has every right to be mad.

Zero Day.2594

You sound entitled.

I think that advertising the core game using HoT for months, all while knowing that it would be bundled with the expansion is unethical and borderline illegal advertising, and I’m entitled? Anyone who purchased the game recently has every right to be mad.

I was just trolling you…

Totally agree though. Not sure how it got past their marketing dept. but somehow they thought it was a good idea.

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: DocZed.6973

DocZed.6973

Or maybe it was to give players a chance to grind up some characters to 80 at a discounted price of 10$.

All 9 classes leveled and geared to 80!
Remnants of Hope [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Why would you even pay 60$ for the base game? You can get the base game for 20$

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

gryph.8734

You won’t have that option when HoT goes live. Early adopters will end up paying about $100 for the same content that the new players get for $50.

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

sigh

That’s a poor comparison. This is more like getting a shelf, building up a china plate collection, and then after seeing a better deal on a shelf having to give up your entire collection just to get the same value that other people are getting.

Keep in mind that in order to receive refunds, people have to give up their current accounts entirely. If they worked hard over the past ~30 days, that could be a lot of effort gone entirely to waste simply because they were misled to believe that there wouldn’t be this better deal.

If they bought the kitten game 2 months ago and played so much with so many achi/gear/gold/whatever that they don’t want to refund it, but still feel like they want a refund cause they lost money.

No one can help them. You either get a refund but lose all your progress, with a new cheaper fresh account, or you keep the account but “lose” money. You can’t have it both ways.

I feel like keeping my account but still get the discount, it somehow proves my point doesn’kitten Because if you truly wan’t to save your account, you are saying that the money you put down was worth it, don’t you? If you truly played that much during those 2 months, that you don’t want a refund, it was worth it all along.

I think 30 days Guarantee seems legit, you bought it within 30 days of the HoT pricing announcement, you should get your money back, but you will lose your account (as you should) But atleast you will save some money. They do this exact thing in my business where i work.

Posted by: Tere.4759

Tere.4759

If you paid 60.00 for the base game, you’re crazy. I’ve seen it go for 21.00 and in fact, I bought it for a friend for 21.00.

Guild Leader of The Black Court, we’re small, friendly and active.

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

You won’t have that option when HoT goes live. Early adopters will end up paying about $100 for the same content that the new players get for $50.

If i buy WoW today i won’t have to pay what someone that bought every expansion on release would have to pay. If i bought a brand new computer today, mark my words within 3 months the price will have gone down, that does NOT mean i will get my money that i supposedly “lost” back.

I do think however within 30 days it’s reasonable to get your money back, so you can buy hot, but you will lose your account. Resonable and fair.

But to believe that you will get back money from 3 years ago, you are living in a dreamworld and have little to no experience. And to believe that somehow just because you bought the game 3 years ago, you wil get the expansion for free.

I mean what’s going on here? WoW has sub fee’s and still people buy their expansion and there’s not any bs over there, yet in Gw2 a game you can play how much you want for a reasonable price it get’s torn to pieces?

Something is wrong here.

Posted by: Tarnicus.2865

Tarnicus.2865

Only if you purchased it through the GW2 site. For people who bought it elsewhere (such as myself), tough luck.

Posted by: Tarnicus.2865

Tarnicus.2865

Not according to the reply I received from support when inquiring about this matter:

“Additionally if you wish to repurchase the game or the expansion at a later time, you will be able to add the code to your account and pick up where you last left off so that you may not loose(sic) your progress.”

Posted by: Giland.4507

Giland.4507

Please change your title, it’s inappropriate and hurts the part of the community tht is trying to make a a legitimate point about the preceived unfairness of of the situation. Abusive negative and misdirected comments and posts make us look like kitten fools. Thank you and have a Nice day.

“In the end, we are all just killers and we couldn’t be bothered to care.”

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

If you are referring to me you obviously didn’t read my comment properly, I paid full price a month and a half before the ‘expansion’ came out.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Fairly-New-Players-and-HoT

It is the FACT that I bought the game about a month ago, I bought it in preparation for HoT release.

Can you link us your /age (type that inside the game) and then push the print screen bottun to see the whole image (with your character) ?

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

XeoShock.7094

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Fairly-New-Players-and-HoT

It is the FACT that I bought the game about a month ago, I bought it in preparation for HoT release.

Can you link us your /age (type that inside the game) and then push the print screen bottun to see the whole image (with your character) ?

[/quote]

I bought the game on the 1st of May and have played around 2h per day average, picking at my hours does not justify your point at all and doesn’t change the FAQ edit problem it caused for me and many others.

FAQs…

Lest We Forget

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

OMG! This is not a logic! You bought the game 3 years ago and you are playing (or could have) since then, you have experienced holiday events, living world and new content (Karka, Dry Top Silverwastes etc). You unlock personal story for free and had new pvp maps and other changes.
Don’t compare what you got back then with what you can get now! The price for an expansion like that is indeed too high and unfair, but the comparison it is not valid! And new players will get core game for free but they will have to pay the living story and also they will have to start from scratch!

Quiznos.4296

If i buy WoW today i won’t have to pay what someone that bought every expansion on release would have to pay. If i bought a brand new computer today, mark my words within 3 months the price will have gone down, that does NOT mean i will get my money that i supposedly “lost” back.

I do think however within 30 days it’s reasonable to get your money back, so you can buy hot, but you will lose your account. Resonable and fair.

But to believe that you will get back money from 3 years ago, you are living in a dreamworld and have little to no experience. And to believe that somehow just because you bought the game 3 years ago, you wil get the expansion for free.

I mean what’s going on here? WoW has sub fee’s and still people buy their expansion and there’s not any bs over there, yet in Gw2 a game you can play how much you want for a reasonable price it get’s torn to pieces?

Something is wrong here.

GW2’s original model attracted us cheap curmudgeonly kittens.
it’s not our fault we’re kittens and penny pinchers; it’s theirs for being so out of touch with their community.

Vayne.8563

You sound entitled.

I’m sorry do you have some sort of proof that they knew all along it would be bundled with HoT? You may not be entitled, but there’s no way you could be sure of this, so you are maligning the company based on nothing more than a personal opinion. Anyone who purchased the game has the right to be mad. They don’t have the right to make stuff up, however.

Quiznos.4296

Not according to the reply I received from support when inquiring about this matter:

“Additionally if you wish to repurchase the game or the expansion at a later time, you will be able to add the code to your account and pick up where you last left off so that you may not loose(sic) your progress.”

This is good to hear!

Killthehealersffs.8940

I bought the game on the 1st of May and have played around 2h per day average, picking at my hours does not justify your point at all and doesn’t change the FAQ edit problem it caused for me and many others.

It more simple
Login in the game > then type /age
Print schreen it > then reply too me and push ‘’select file’’ and try to find that pic

I know some 1 ppl that payed the game 2 months ago (reddit) , and they refound it .
But i know some guys that bought alt accounts for the daily login T6 mats , which is bannable fom both accounts
I am simply trying to help ya and support ya :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

XeoShock.7094

It more simple
Login in the game > then type /age
Print schreen it > then reply too me and push ‘’select file’’ and try to find that pic

I know some 1 ppl that payed the game 2 months ago (reddit) , and they refound it .
But i know some guys that bought alt accounts for the daily login T6 mats , which is bannable fom both accounts
I am simply trying to help ya and support ya :P

My dw speed is dying atm and I’m logging in, what can I get from showing a screen shot?

FAQs…

Lest We Forget

Killthehealersffs.8940

My dw speed is dying atm and I’m logging in, what can I get from showing a screen shot?

On passionate night with me :P

XeoShock.7094

On passionate night with me :P

I was logged in (idle for quite a bit) for ~190 hours between 1st of May and 16th of June, I haven’t gone on to actually play since, a couple of daily reward collects here and there, that’s all.

It would be really nice for any compensation possible from Anet for the FAQ edit.

FAQs…

Lest We Forget

gryph.8734

Something is wrong here.

I don’t want money back that I spent three years ago! I want a feeling that I am getting value for my money. Since I don’t feel that I am, I will not be purchasing HoT until I do. In order for that to happen, something will have to change. I’m not sure exactly what, but this is where I stand.

Vayne.8563

Something is wrong here.

I don’t want money back that I spent three years ago! I want a feeling that I am getting value for my money. Since I don’t feel that I am, I will not be purchasing HoT until I do. In order for that to happen, something will have to change. I’m not sure exactly what, but this is where I stand.

Good don’t purchase it. I’m sure your attitude is shared by a percentage of people but I’m not convinced it’s a big enough percentage to make a difference. But I’m happy with you not purchasing it. Doesn’t stop me from feeling you’re completely unreasonable.