So. New Personal Story?

So. New Personal Story?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

It seems we are getting a new personal story with the expansion.
And hearing they arent working on a remake for season 1 of the LS leaves me a bit dissapointed…
Sure it had its quirks but in general certain parts were really entertaining and lets be honest they need to add it even if its only for getting the full story ingame for new players.

what are your thoughts on this?

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

So. New Personal Story?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Working on getting old content back should never be the same priority as working on getting new content out.
They will possible go back to work on getting S1 out after the expansion launches, but spreading their team out between expansion and re-adding old content is not a good use of resources.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

So. New Personal Story?

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

The problem is that they have to completely rebuild various fights and battles to work for one person. It’d be the equivalent of remaking another season. It’s not like the personal story fixes which were already designed for one person.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

So. New Personal Story?

Posted by: Mar.4839

Mar.4839

The problem is that they have to completely rebuild various fights and battles to work for one person. It’d be the equivalent of remaking another season. It’s not like the personal story fixes which were already designed for one person.

Very true, I think creating instanced fractals of Living Story season 1 may be a good way to go. Unless they somehow manage to find a way to convert it to the system they used for season 2.

So. New Personal Story?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

They will possible go back to work on getting S1 out after the expansion launches

I hope so, but we know 2 things for certain. Firstly, ANet has expressed uncertainty regarding how to change S1 into a S2 format. Secondly, ANet has stated that they’re more focused on making new content than reworking old content (although this was noted in the context of the Zhaitan fight but I’m pretty sure it’s a general view). So these two things do make it look unlikely. Maybe someone is doing it in their spare time like they did with the wardrobe.