So Raids have been down for 12 hours

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Can we get a beta extension? If you got just a 1,000 people wanting to raid, that is equal to losing 12,000 hours of invaluable testing and debugging.

Posted by: Braghez.7529

Braghez.7529

True, it would be so good…an extension or another BWE is a must. I know that betas are there to find out bugs like the one we encountered too, but if we can’t properly try the encounter, we can’t help them balance it too :o
And from what i’ve seen (since i was working i couldn’t try it at all) it seemed fairly easy…unless there’s more after the vale guardian is killed or at lower %

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I would say 22 hours since squad UI was dead on arrival.

Posted by: Lome.8239

Lome.8239

While I agree with the idea this thread is painting, it’s important not to get carried away on the statistics.

With 1000 people wanting to raid, we’ve probably only lost about 1,500 hours of invaluable testing and debugging, 8,100 (precisely!) hours of either troll or ignorant feedback, and the rest spent on people who did not share their input with anyone after concluding their experience.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The problem is that they can’t just put in an extension just like that. These are things that are planned (probably months in advance).

Yes, it is a bit annoying that we can’t test it, but it is worth pointing out that we know that the raid is not coming with release but rather later, and they DO have in-house testing which can handle balancing and such. And in worse case scenario they simply tweak it after it is released

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: lagrangewei.8516

lagrangewei.8516

squad UI was up for 2-3 hours… but by the time the beta is up and people are done story, they are left with 1 hour to raid. we only manage to get 9 people in as the squad UI doesn’t allow you to add ppl in another instance so ppl had to drop squad form party, taxi and then rejoin the squad, it just stupid.

RAWR~
Feed the Merlion… before the Merlion feed on YOU!

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Tony.8659

Tony.8659

The only reason I wanted to try the beta this weekend was for the raids :/ I already seen the other content in the previous beta weekends. Didn’t they test this out internally before they let it go live? I wonder… Oh well, I just hope when HoT launches there will be no issues with raids :/

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

The only reason I wanted to try the beta this weekend was for the raids :/ I already seen the other content in the previous beta weekends. Didn’t they test this out internally before they let it go live? I wonder… Oh well, I just hope when HoT launches there will be no issues with raids :/

Uhm they tested it Internally but you can have things working fine on Internal Test Servers but getting wrecked really fast on Live Servers. Also, better this thing Crashed on BWE then after Release.