So, after all this hype ...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: void.6217

void.6217

… about a new vision on what end-game content should be and how it needs to be played, earning mastery points/levels boils down to a mind numbing grinding of hundreds of dynamic events in one zone? Preferably in a champ train in Dragon’s Stand that seems to be the fastest way to do things… so that’s it? That’s what this great new vision is about?

Even now some maps are empty and running around solo or in a small group randomly chasing events gets you nowhere, what will happen in a month when things cool down a bit?

How’s that different from other games’ end game content? Where is that new concept? All I see is even more grind, even bigger bosses and even bigger groups to take then down?

At least I could cycle my level 80 in WvW or PvE or do whatever else, now PvE has it’s own points, mastery points are earned only in one new zone, WvW rank progression doesn’t give you anything else as before , everything got separated.

What happened to the concept “there are so many ways to achieve this and that goal” in this game? I don’t see how things got better in any way.

But hey, gliding is fun, right? That should keep you going for a month or two before it gets old …

(edited by void.6217)

Posted by: Baclavaman.9054

Baclavaman.9054

The true endgame content is still being worked on, no need to rage on that because they were really transparent about it. It is coming and they are still polishing it.

HoT however is a mess, not in the game but in the community. The fiasco about the elite specs being locked behind all this nonsense simply discouraged a lot of people to play ( if its not that then i have no clue where they might be, alien abductions maybe?) because one of the core feature is being denied to players, yes you can get them in time but if you have limited amount of play time per week well you expect to experience it before next summer…

This is sad but if it is not dealt with, this situation has the potential to kill the game if the players thrust is lost because of a simple miss informed decision.

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

No, the real issue is Anet never told everyone the HoT is Group Content, not Casual Solo like the base game. I just wonder what happens when the Sergs (groups of players) are all gone from the Maps in couple of weeks/months??

Is all future end-game content going to be group only??

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

Just so you don’t look silly in the future, its Zerg not serg.

I think Halloween is pulling some people too.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis