So called challenge

So called challenge

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

We get told about “challenging content”, then get shown an “adventure” where we spam 1?

This is meant to be challenging?
What.. we’re going to competitively spam 1 for leaderboards?

Says a lot about what anet thinks of its playerbase.

Pretty underwhelmed so far.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

So called challenge

Posted by: Link.4039

Link.4039

It was the first adventure we’ll come across. I wouldn’t really base the rest of the content off of it. Granted, they could have shared a more complicated one with us, but at least it was something.

So called challenge

Posted by: vikkival.2459

vikkival.2459

I think that challenge was about being quick and efficient.

So called challenge

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Hmm
Changing a tire, changing the oil, fixing a computer down to the component level — all very easy for my other half. Not easy for me at all. Even thou I have tried some of them.

So just because it LOOKS easy you are going to judge that it is easy?

So called challenge

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

We get told about “challenging content”, then get shown an “adventure” where we spam 1?

This is meant to be challenging?
What.. we’re going to competitively spam 1 for leaderboards?

Says a lot about what anet thinks of its playerbase.

Pretty underwhelmed so far.

Show me the video of you playing it please……………..As well, show us where we spammed 1. Personally, I feel you posting claims with no experience, and making blind accusations about a fight that you haven’t seen, is more of a negative demonstration of the player base, then anything they will ever do.

They show what a fight looks like. Not the mechanics of the fights themselves.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

So called challenge

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Pacman, you basically have 4 buttons (up, down, left, right) and still it’s quite a challenge.

It’s not about learning a nonsensical combination of button presses but the efficient way to run and find the targets. When you have players who manage to get 90 vines in a limited time it will be challenging to beat that number.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

So called challenge

Posted by: stayBlind.7849

stayBlind.7849

Spamming 1 is how you play this game… why would they change it now?

So called challenge

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

It’s a time based challenge. Killing Lupi is relatively easy. Killing Lupi solo in less than 10 min is rather challenging.

Time can make a lot of simple things challenging.

So called challenge

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Adventures are more or less replacing the heart system and therefore you will apparently find easy ones. Otherwise, casual people won’t be able to finish them and therefore will never be able to get mastery points and thereafter progress in the game.

So called challenge

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Adventures are more or less replacing the heart system and therefore you will apparently find easy ones. Otherwise, casual people won’t be able to finish them and therefore will never be able to get mastery points and thereafter progress in the game.

that’s not what I got out of this, the way I see it outposts take the role hearts had. Outposts are places where a lot of events initiate (just like hearts).

You can find Adventures in Outposts, but in other places as well.

• Opposed to hearts, which are activities for leveling players which you can complete in a variety of ways Adventures have to be done in a very specific way.
  • Hearts aren’t repeatable, Adventures are
  • Hearts are targetted at leveling players. Adventures are for lv.80 players only
  • Adventures can be anything: jumping puzzles, minigames,…
http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

So called challenge

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The prejudgment is strong with this one.

We’ve seen easy events and harder events. Easy champs and harder champs.

What are the odds that the first one you encounter in the new zone is going to be the hardest of the lot.

And you know, challenging content is meaningless, because what’s challenging to one person isn’t challenging to another.

So called challenge

Posted by: Neva Eilhart.5347

Neva Eilhart.5347

Aaaaand to quote M.Ordon who played during the demo :

“Bear in mind that the we what we’ve seen so far is content tuned for the show floor being played by someone who’s already had a few tries.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Adventures

So called challenge

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

inb4 someone makes an excuse…..oh too late!

Yeah I agree OP if they still haven’t fixed the inherent problems with combat by then there’s a serious issue!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

So called challenge

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I don’t think adventures are the answer to “challenging” content. At least I really hope Anet doesn’t think it is.

When I say I want challenging group content, I’m talking about Triple Trouble Wurm. That means big, raid-style world bosses. Or instanced, whatever works. My guild fights Wurm several times per week. We fill up the map with 100+ guildies, we all get on teamspeak, we chat and coordinate. We have a strong community of great people with real friendships because of the bonding effect of such content. We’ve built a real family around Triple Trouble Wurm. I can’t say the same for things like jumping puzzles or easy-mode bosses like Vinewrath…

When a world boss is easy, there’s no reason to form a guild around it or get on teamspeak. There’s barely even a reason to turn map chat on. Everyone just herds together, silently auto attacking. And as soon as it’s dead, everyone leaves. It’s so impersonal. The irony of GW2 is that its so easy to band together and play with strangers in large-scale groups, that no one has a reason to even talk to each other, and forming long-term friendships is a waste of time.

Adventures, to me, sound like small personal challenges. Leaderboards only serve as personal bragging rights. I honestly could care less about that. I want to feel like I’m part of a family, not some lone wolf.

So called challenge

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Shrug Don’t take my saying this as an excuse for Anet but if you think we’re going to get something akin to solo-ing Lupi in open world adventures, I think you’re mistaken and setting yourself up for some serious disappointment.

GW2 is not a very hard game. I don’t think these adventures will be such back breaking challenges that people are assuming. In short, I don’t think this is where you will find your hardcore fix.

That said, I’m sure they do vary in difficulty. I’m sure they also vary in style as well.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

So called challenge

Posted by: darkm.4839

darkm.4839

I might be in the minority here, but I find plenty of the game content challenging. I’ve died on several occasions just trying to do personal or living story. I’ve failed group events because a couple of people didn’t know what to do. I don’t know how to do every dungeon in the game because learning them is hard, especially when nobody will teach you because “lol u noob” kick.

So called challenge

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I hope they still install some kind of ‘heart’ format. If it’s exactly like Silverwastes, but on crack, it’s not going to go over too well given how deserted Silverwastes is after everyone got their armor and achievements done.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

So called challenge

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I might be in the minority here, but I find plenty of the game content challenging. I’ve died on several occasions just trying to do personal or living story. I’ve failed group events because a couple of people didn’t know what to do. I don’t know how to do every dungeon in the game because learning them is hard, especially when nobody will teach you because “lol u noob” kick.

Yeah, my comment wasn’t intended to kitten on anyone there but it’s just my opinion. Most of this game boils down to two things:

1. Individual skill
2. Knowledge of the encounter

Individual skill to me encompasses how well someone knows their class and how well they can play on their feet. To me this means that if you’re an Ele (for example) you know how to keep reliable might stacks up and play with solid DPS rotations. It also means that you’re quick on your feet and are able to play proactively but also be able to react to wildcards such as a downed teammate or needing to CC a mob with little warning.

This goes for all classes though. Aside from individual skill, knowledge of the encounter is the next big one. I think that’s where you’re comparing yourself to folks who have spent years speed running dungeons in organized groups. There’s a level of coordination there than you won’t learn with PuGs but doing this really makes all the encounters generally predictable. Enemies will react in a certain way.

It’s the same way as any mob in the game. Enough experience with that mob (given you’re observant and not just spamming 111111111) will teach you how to counter that mob. The first time I fought the Mordrem Thrashers, they caught me offguard. After a few encounters and paying attention to the description under the name, they’re a piece of cake. That’s generally the way it is in this game.

So, that’s all I meant by that.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur