So freaking bored

So freaking bored

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: erbourguet.4378

erbourguet.4378

I have a question
Can i have my money back from Anet? i dont even care if i lose my account, i really feel like i have been robbed by Anet, really im serious.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

But, but, but… Raids! We have 1 last chance guys!

You can’t do raids 24/7 I have been playing GW since Nightfall.At the same time i played WoW.Stoped with WoW after GW2 was out.

I came to one conclusion and that is : People can spit and hate on WoW,how much they want,but look what they getting as expansion

4 new dungeons : You have access to them as soon as expansion is released

2 new raids : You have access to them as soon as expansion is released (it all depends on your gear tho)

11 new different looking pve armors and 11 new pvp armors

100 different weapons

Over a 50 different things (items,and other stuff) u can buy for reputation

5-6 new zones,or even some of the old content fully revamped.Every map is different from previous,and it gives you feeling u playing something new.

Now look what ArenaNet gave us

4 new jumping puzzle based maps (same looking as previous maps,some small details were added)

0 dungeons

0 raids

0 new looking sets (not separated items,but sets)

0 new weapons (not skins,i mean actual weapons)

Elite profession

That’s about it.

Conclusion: What the actual kitten?

We bought patch.Not an expansion

Look what they pay for an expansion. If you don’t think that $15 a month goes toward making that content, then you’re not being realistic at all. It doesn’t cost them $15 a month to run servers. Not those old potatoes they got the game running on.

So they charge you $15 a month for a couple of years, $50 or $60 for an expansion and you call that a bargain? lol

So freaking bored

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

I came to one conclusion and that is : People can spit and hate on WoW,how much they want,but look what they getting as expansion

…but they pay subs AND THEN expansion cost on top.

I paid as much as I would for a good 10-50 hour single player game and have had over 3 years and thousands of hours play.

Regardless of the content at release your argument is invalid.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Paffus Piffus.9430

Paffus Piffus.9430

And then on the other side is me.

I took my time on the new maps and I am still unlocking the first areas. Did a few of the story missions and as many events as I can find on the map. Sitting at about 30 mastery points even though I see over 100 sitting above many others.

My point is that if you want to rush everything to get it “done” it is your own fault if it is over far to quickly. I prefer the journey, but if your only shooting for the destination then don’t be to disappointed when it arrives far to soon.

As much as I enjoy HoT, this is not a valid argument towards the debate these guys are having. You always read things like this, “100 hours in on Skyrim and haven’t left Whiterun” etc etc, doesn’t mean there is meaningful content that will keep people interested, it means the person in question often has too much time on their hands and is willing to drag their heels to get their moneys worth from their purchase. The OP here has a lot of valid points that a huge number of players are feeling, and you probably haven’t experienced a lot of them yet as you are spending so much time soaking up the content.

I don’t rush by any means, me and my partner play a couple of hours in the evenings and a bit more on weekends, and have seen most of the meta events now. HoT is good, but I do question a lot of the design choices Anet made here.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Is it sad that I’m hoping the patch tomorrow (or I guess today technically) will magically have a bunch of tweaks in it that make the game more enjoyable?

Or words to that effect.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

so stop playing gw2 and go back to wow [/quote]

Nah ArenaNet don’t want people to do that, so they want to be everything to everybody.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Zamfir.8462

Zamfir.8462

I’m having a blast mapping core on my Revenant, hardly touched the new content outside a dozen hours on my mains. Putting it to the side to savor later.

If you decided to blow through the new content in under a month on every character like a fat kid gobbling down a 4 course meal I have zero compassion OP. One day you, and players like you, will come to realize it is not this game, or the expac, at fault (although it does have a few…not saying that).

It’s your expectations and style of blasting through new content, As a GW1 player I knew what to expect and hey man…it’s GW…go check out something else (Fallout 4 says howdy) or continue playing Skyrim.

Better that than shout at the mirror.

The game will still be here after you detox.

Sadly, I do think your missing the point that most people are making in this thread.

Have a cup of tea, and retread the thread.

You will discover many people, including myself, have not blasted through the content and them complained. Most people here have brought up some serious design issues, that in the very least should be discussed and debated.

Your knee-jerk reaction does speak volumes about your character.

So freaking bored

Zamfir.8462

I’m having a blast mapping core on my Revenant, hardly touched the new content outside a dozen hours on my mains. Putting it to the side to savor later.

If you decided to blow through the new content in under a month on every character like a fat kid gobbling down a 4 course meal I have zero compassion OP. One day you, and players like you, will come to realize it is not this game, or the expac, at fault (although it does have a few…not saying that).

It’s your expectations and style of blasting through new content, As a GW1 player I knew what to expect and hey man…it’s GW…go check out something else (Fallout 4 says howdy) or continue playing Skyrim.

Better that than shout at the mirror.

The game will still be here after you detox.

Sadly, I do think your missing the point that most people are making in this thread.

Have a cup of tea, and retread the thread.

You will discover many people, including myself, have not blasted through the content and then complained. Most people here have brought up some serious design issues that in the very least should be discussed and debated.

So freaking bored

fireflyry.7023

Your being hypocritical and your need to get personal and attempt to belittle me says more about your character.

I was clearly responding to the OP, as I clearly stated.

Maybe stay on topic and make valid points as opposed to insulting my character.

Cheers.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

You can’t do raids 24/7 I have been playing GW since Nightfall.At the same time i played WoW.Stoped with WoW after GW2 was out.

2 new raids : You have access to them as soon as expansion is released (it all depends on your gear tho)

100 different weapons

5-6 new zones,or even some of the old content fully revamped.Every map is different from previous,and it gives you feeling u playing something new.

4 new jumping puzzle based maps (same looking as previous maps,some small details were added)

0 dungeons

0 raids

Elite profession

That’s about it.

Look what they pay for an expansion. If you don’t think that $15 a month goes toward making that content, then you’re not being realistic at all. It doesn’t cost them $15 a month to run servers. Not those old potatoes they got the game running on.

So they charge you $15 a month for a couple of years, $50 or $60 for an expansion and you call that a bargain? lol

I have played wow for a short period of time on private server.They got sued by Blizzard.They managed to take over 3.000.000 dollars from people who donated for gear,items,gold.Now,that was private server,and nothing was legal about. GW2 with legal money milking Gem Store,imagine how much money they take from people,so please,that story,Blizzard has money,Arena Net doesn’t,take and wipe your nose with it.

Expansion money comes mostly from previous expansion money.Lets say GW2 got 5 mil subs. 5 mil subs x 50 euros = 250 mil(where are people who paid 100 euros for game).No one knows exact numbers of people who spent irl money on gem store,so lets say 1 mil of people spent at least 10 euros on gemstore that’s how much more? 1×10 = 10 mil more.(but price of money earned trough gem store is much much bigger)

Making WoW was 50 millions in total

So freaking bored

Posted by: Mizstik.1736

Mizstik.1736

I think you guys need to step back a bit and get some perspective. This kind of gameplay is just how MMOs are.

Here’s a case study. Take a look at FFXIV’s Heavensward expansion ($40). The feature list is nearly the same:

- 4 new zones (also large and vertical)
- flying mounts
- 1 new raid
- 8 new dungeons, couple new primals
- 3 new jobs
- 1 new race (cosmetic)
- airship (a guild effort)
- new crafting and gathering mechanics
- continuation of the story
- +10 level cap
- content update every quarter or so

Like GW2, these sound nice on paper, but the actual experience is also filled with frustrations all the same. You’ll be repeating only a handful of events for hours on end to get your jobs to 60 with no real alternatives. (only some limited momentary relief like Leves) You must even do them in level-appropriate zones (unlike GW2 where you do any zone).

You can’t fly until you essentially complete each map. Flying privilege is limited to maps you cleared. (~masteries)

You can’t begin the new story unless you are lv.50. The 3 new jobs start at lv.30. You can’t do the new story with them until you level them up, or you just do the new story with your old jobs. (~elite specializations)

Raid loots are a weekly one drop for all players involved, which can end up being not useful to any of the members who participated. Dungeon loot is mostly weekly tokens. Takes multiple weeks to get even one piece of gear. Almost no meaningful open world loot. (~rewards problem)

These complaints you have against GW2 is essentially what MMOs are about. Complaining about dumb people in meta events is more or less the same as complaining you get dumb teammates in CSGO. (I realize there are crucial differences but you get the idea.) I do believe that with time, the general population will be ever more competent, and events will complete much more smoothly the way SW is now.

Even your most favorite hobby is going to have some ugly aspects at times.

So freaking bored

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

rant.

Story less then one hour? I wanna see that… Takes about 4-5 hours, a couple of days later someone says it’s 2-4 hours, then you come and now it’s less than an hour. Don’t be silly, and get the facts straight.

A lot of your rant is totally overexaggerated and out of place or just personal point of view/opinion. Like it is all with those rants.

World events are easily done by checking the map starting meta events. Just check the LFG. Also, you are playing an MMO, of course you are only a small part of a whole thing. Otherwise there are tons of singleplayer games.

You are right with fractals though: nothing new, pretty silly. They should’ve added 3-4 fractals at least for release. Though I am sure they will add some in the future.

I want to repeat it again and again: DON’T kittenING PLAY FOR THE REWARDS!!! Play for fun for kitten’s sake! The rewards are fine anyway, what do you want? A legendary after completing every tiny event? Come on!

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

(edited by ProtoGunner.4953)

So freaking bored

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

-World Meta events take HUGE amounts of time (2 hr+ each meta), fail regularly, and the game spawns dead maps faster than then the U.S. Treasury prints money. Either I never have time to finish an event from 1 hour of map hopping to find an organized one, or spend 40mins before realizing there is no hope at all that the map is even going to make it to the end phase.

This is the biggest problem with the game at the moment.

Anet’s design decisions are contradictory and completely baffle me – SAB2 was (relatively) unpopular because it was too long. They changed Fractals (for the better) for similar reasons. Yet the team seems completely stuck on their latest and greatest ‘wonderful new idea’ that lengthy map wide meta events are the way to go.

Once players have mastery points and map completion, expecting them to invest 2-3 hours every time they revisit these maps to (possibly) achieve something meaningful makes no sense whatsoever.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Bambi.6184

Bambi.6184

11 new different looking pve armors and 11 new pvp armors (not included Dungeon version,pre raid version,and heroic version) That’s about 500 items total

100 different weapons

0 dungeons

0 raids

Elite profession

That’s about it.

Raids in WoW were like Guild Wars 2 available one month after the release of the addon, think your informations are a bit old. First Raid was released one month after addon release, second one even later (think 3 months).

And the maps in gw2 are maps you can do again and again and they stay relevant, wow mostly its only the last one, if any. If we look at the last one of wow there was no new class and an addon where every class ingame get a new skill tree? dont remember that.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

And then on the other side is me.

I took my time on the new maps and I am still unlocking the first areas. Did a few of the story missions and as many events as I can find on the map. Sitting at about 30 mastery points even though I see over 100 sitting above many others.

My point is that if you want to rush everything to get it “done” it is your own fault if it is over far to quickly. I prefer the journey, but if your only shooting for the destination then don’t be to disappointed when it arrives far to soon.

As much as I enjoy HoT, this is not a valid argument towards the debate these guys are having. You always read things like this, “100 hours in on Skyrim and haven’t left Whiterun” etc etc, doesn’t mean there is meaningful content that will keep people interested, it means the person in question often has too much time on their hands and is willing to drag their heels to get their moneys worth from their purchase. The OP here has a lot of valid points that a huge number of players are feeling, and you probably haven’t experienced a lot of them yet as you are spending so much time soaking up the content.

I don’t rush by any means, me and my partner play a couple of hours in the evenings and a bit more on weekends, and have seen most of the meta events now. HoT is good, but I do question a lot of the design choices Anet made here.

Well what can I say, I feel I have gotten my moneys worth thusfar whereas many here do not. My advice is therefore move on to something else or try and get your money back. If you choose the first option then I will see you all when you come back in a year to rifle through that too. As for me I experienced the drought of 2015 and I have every right to “drag my heels”.

I do see where you are coming from and someday I may feel the same. Honestly though when they stopped the 2 week content it left me with very little to do. I hold out hope that if I take the current Xpac at a slow pace I will still have things to do in another 6 months other than the sparse festivals.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

That’s why I’m such a lover of instanced content: you have control over who you play with. Want to be casual? Great! Want to be far more serious? Also great. But these event maps.. they just lump everyone together, people who have differing skills, different goals, etc and there is no way to control getting in maps with like minded people (people who want to explore, do hero points, etc or those who want to just focus on the meta.) It can cause hostility and frustration from all sides. It’s a glaring problem right now due to it being nearly all Hot is offering us.

If you are looking for a meta taxi. Go to the LFG, look for the word vb/ds/ab/tarir/octovine/td “taxi.”

If not, log off and log back in.

Lol, I already said I did this and that I find fighting with the megaservers, trying to get into a decent map that has a high chance of failing anyway, to be pretty unfun.

Seriously.. read!

So freaking bored

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Bored? Seriously? Have you done all the achievments both for maps and story? Collections? Beaten all the meta events? Started working towards new legendaries?

There’s a HUGE quantity of things to do, maybe you just dont like what you have to do. GW2 was always about events and achievements.

Actually there’s not and this is one of the complaints in this thread. Those collections are not content! And all those collections revolve around the same 4 maps/meta-events. To do those collections and achievements involves repeating events over and over and over and over and over.. and over some more. That’s not a lot of content. That’s a smaller amount with a lot of repetition.

We all have different things we can repeat a lot. For me it’s instanced content such as dungeons/fractals (which we see how that’s going.. ), for others it’s spvp, or WvW, or meta-events.

This has nothing to do with the time it takes to work through things, or difficulty, but rather the lack of new content and the lack of choice for people who don’t want to do events all day long.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

How are so many people already done with their masteries and all the elite specs? I play everyday and I’m still not fully done with either. Of course I hop into an occasional fractals but still, I’ve played HoT plenty and I’m nowhere near done with it or tired of it.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

How are so many people already done with their masteries and all the elite specs? I play everyday and I’m still not fully done with either. Of course I hop into an occasional fractals but still, I’ve played HoT plenty and I’m nowhere near done with it or tired of it.

Most likely COF and spider farm after getting all the mastery/hero points either with a large group or by following dulfy. Not my cup of tea but as I have seen many 161’s out there it is doable, albeit I assume, quite boring.

So freaking bored

fireflyry.7023

That is more or less what I don’t get.

The inability of players to see it’s not the game at fault here.

So freaking bored

Posted by: chrispknox.6748

chrispknox.6748

I have to say that playing since release the game has been fantastic. I bought the “expansion” worked through Revenant, unlocked Herald fully, finished the story…now wondering why I should keep playing.

Masteries is a huge grind, the new zones are confusing, the metas take WAY too much time and fail too often (I haven’t even completed the meta for the last zone once yet). I think this needed to have been thought out a little more before release. My friend, who just started playing quit because the new zones are not new player friendly. Sadly, losing faith in ANET to deliver a good player experience :/

So freaking bored

Posted by: Dredg.4890

Dredg.4890

OP hits the nail on the head. This game became absolutely boring, HoT is a joke of an expansion, endgame crafting is unreasonably expensive, the BLTP prices are stupidly high…

And they want to reward us in raids with a legendary armor grind? Ok, what’s after that? another 3 years of playing MMO Barbie Doll where you can whack loot pinatas that look like big scary world bosses for what amounts to garbage rewards? Or do 2 hour metas for slightly less garbage rewards but you have to rely on 200 other people?

Nope, Uninstalling. Have fun with this trainwreck of a game.

I’m actually pretty sad about it too… I loved the first year of vanilla, but then ANET refused to fix what was broken and instead sweep it underneath the Living Story rug.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

11 new different looking pve armors and 11 new pvp armors (not included Dungeon version,pre raid version,and heroic version) That’s about 500 items total

100 different weapons

0 dungeons

0 raids

Elite profession

That’s about it.

Raids in WoW were like Guild Wars 2 available one month after the release of the addon, think your informations are a bit old. First Raid was released one month after addon release, second one even later (think 3 months).

And the maps in gw2 are maps you can do again and again and they stay relevant, wow mostly its only the last one, if any. If we look at the last one of wow there was no new class and an addon where every class ingame get a new skill tree? dont remember that.

We got what they told us we will get,as soon as we logged in game.Some of the things were added later in expansion,but they said that content is going to be late for 2-3 months,not because they weren’t able to deliver what they promised,but because of the storyline wow is following.It wasn’t possible to kill main expansion boss,before other bosses,because that would go against story.

And what i am saying,is not information,is something i actually did,because i spent 8 years playing WoW

So freaking bored

Posted by: Bambi.6184

Bambi.6184

We got what they told us we will get,as soon as we logged in game.Some of the things were added later in expansion,but they said that content is going to be late for 2-3 months,not because they weren’t able to deliver what they promised,but because of the storyline wow is following.It wasn’t possible to kill main expansion boss,before other bosses,because that would go against story.

And what i am saying,is not information,is something i actually did,because i spent 8 years playing WoW

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/raids-in-guild-wars-2/

And Arenanet also said, “shortly after launch” not it is ready on release day or something like that, it was exactly like blizzard with the raid in Warlords of Draenor not on release day, a little time after that.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

I think you guys need to step back a bit and get some perspective. This kind of gameplay is just how MMOs are.

Here’s a case study. Take a look at FFXIV’s Heavensward expansion ($40). The feature list is nearly the same:

HW added 6, not 4.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Mizstik.1736

Mizstik.1736

HW added 6, not 4.

Well if you go by how Square Enix counts it, they actually advertise for 9 areas, but let’s leave it at that in this thread.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

- snipp -

0 dungeons

0 raids

Elite profession

That’s about it.

WAT? have you even logged into the game?

First of all 4 map full of kitten to do, with map wide metas.
I wont comment much on this because there are an incredible quantity of thigs to do: try all events, achievements related, hot story + achievement realated, new collections.

Masteries, conveniently forgot?
Adventures.
Elite specs.

Skins?
Armor
Bladed, Leyline, Guild dark, Guild light (6pcsx4x3weights = 72pcs)
1 per elite spec = 9
legendaries are coming 6×4(pre prec+final)x3weights = 72pcs

Weapon
1 wep per elite spec = 9
Auric, Reclaimed, Chack, Plated, Machined,golden fract, dark guild,light guild (16×8 = 128 + 3UW for golden = 131)
legendaries are coming 3×4(pre prec+final) = 12pcs

Backpacks
Legendary fractal 1×4(3prec+final) = 4
legendary pvp 1×4 = 4
Orders 3×3stages = 9
Auric 2stages = 2
Scribe 6stages = 6

TOTAL 320 and I’ve surely missed something

Infinite quantity of minis, potions, tonics, recipies (RIGHT I forgot to mention 6 new stats!) to get from map currencies.

Guild halls.

Raids coming today.

They are bundled in the base game but without hot we probly wouldn’t have new PvP and WvW map.

Yeah surely no content in HoT. Stop troll people.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

So freaking bored

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

the new maps are empty i have no idea if people are bored of them that soon but they are not that much friendly and fun to be played if you ask me always something is pushing you on time and just events spam that take to long to do

So freaking bored

Zamfir.8462

That is more or less what I don’t get.

The inability of players to see it’s not the game at fault here.

Fire Fly, now that you’ve had your cup of tea, and re-read this thread, and now understand what the majority of people are discussing in this thread, what is your opinion about map-wide meta events of HoT compared to the more open world opportunities in Tyria? Taking into consideration all of the people here who have not completed their mastered but have only 10, 14 or so points accumulated, have been playing regularly and still have been expressed sadness over the game design of the current expansion: Do you feel that the HoT expansion has provided quality content? Do you feel that there’s enough content to justify a release? Do you feel that the release is balanced? And fits in with the previous content? I’m just curious what your actual opinion is of the content of the expansion, rather than the people who are posting here.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

100 different weapons

0 dungeons

0 raids

Elite profession

That’s about it.

I have played wow for a short period of time on private server.They got sued by Blizzard.They managed to take over 3.000.000 dollars from people who donated for gear,items,gold.Now,that was private server,and nothing was legal about. GW2 with legal money milking Gem Store,imagine how much money they take from people,so please,that story,Blizzard has money,Arena Net doesn’t,take and wipe your nose with it.

Expansion money comes mostly from previous expansion money.Lets say GW2 got 5 mil subs. 5 mil subs x 50 euros = 250 mil(where are people who paid 100 euros for game).No one knows exact numbers of people who spent irl money on gem store,so lets say 1 mil of people spent at least 10 euros on gemstore that’s how much more? 1×10 = 10 mil more.(but price of money earned trough gem store is much much bigger)

Making WoW was 50 millions in total

Are you really comparing Guild Wars 2’s income to WoW’s. Funniest post I’ve read on the forums in a long long time. Anyone with a clue about this industry would know Blizzard has a far bigger war chest than Anet. There’s not even a contest.

So freaking bored

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I actually enjoy the AB and DS meta events. They are fun.

TD needs a complete overhaul and is insanely boring.

VB is ok at night but even those events seem disjointed.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

The maps are great and beautiful and coordinated (and relentless), but I don’t feel like I’m my own character in charge of their destiny in a large well designed world. I feel like I’m one overworked creep in a map wide moba and I’m not the champion or summoner.

How could you be in charge of your destiny outside a solo RPG?
There are thousands of people and A.net can’t make content designed for each one.

If you want that, you should look for an RP and UGC featured MMOG.
- People designing their own quests, able to build and reshape the world.
- No NPC game where everything must be done by players (economy, crafting)
- Where you can’t achieve great things alone and need others for your character to live “decently”.
- Where you can be killed, pickpocketed, robbed, arrested/kidnapped by other players. Even enslaved! (every of your weapon stole, put into a mine with a pickaxe with a gate guarded by players 20 levels over yours).

But even there, there would be people that would not be able to “make their own destiny”, because others will be better than them and would make them secondary characters.

(edited by Kulvar.1239)

So freaking bored

Posted by: korasukage.9315

korasukage.9315

I have to agree with the OP. The expansion for me has become a monumental grind. The fact that you have to grind so much in order to obtain any sort of reward has really ruined the experience for me. I am not saying that there should be no work involved but the fact that you have grind experience for the masteries, then grind mastery points, then grind a crapload of the various new currencies for whatever item you are keen on getting. Mix into this incredible recipe the various meta events, which take a huge amount of time and the fact that you get barely any experience makes for a very sad gaming experience. Oh, and I almost forgot, the insane amount of disconnects!

I use to enjoy the game because I could do whatever I wanted yet still feel as though I made progress. Now that feeling is no longer applicable. The new content is also rather unfriendly to those that prefer solo play. The time-gating and champions that must be killed in order to farm up hero points is one of the most ludicrous things that I have ever encountered. Yes I know that you can farm them in Tyria which would take an insane amount of time as its a 1:1 ratio and yes, I know about the hero points in wvw/eotm. However, the pace at which you can obtain them is so painfully slow.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I have to agree with the OP. The expansion for me has become a monumental grind. The fact that you have to grind so much in order to obtain any sort of reward has really ruined the experience for me. I am not saying that there should be no work involved but the fact that you have grind experience for the masteries, then grind mastery points, then grind a crapload of the various new currencies for whatever item you are keen on getting. Mix into this incredible recipe the various meta events, which take a huge amount of time and the fact that you get barely any experience makes for a very sad gaming experience. Oh, and I almost forgot, the insane amount of disconnects!

Yes it’s a grind.

(Puts on tin hat and ducks).

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

They are bundled in the base game but without hot we probly wouldn’t have new PvP and WvW map.

HoT killed dungeons, fractals ( ok they will “fix” it but still).

HoT RUINED wvw.

HoT is full of empty maps. And don’t start with LFG, people are taxiing to empty maps with 0 organisation. This is getting boring pretty fast

And if you want to do collections, get ready for the bugfest ( precursor collections are a joke, 300 scribing for The Chosen? )

There is nothing to do except gathering stuff/grinding XP to unlock collections or upgrade your guild hall.

I wouldn’t mind if at least I could wvw like pre HoT. New DBL are real ghost towns. EBG has 50+ queue during NA prime time. That’s so so great, I love HoT really.

VoxL, NSPPT

So freaking bored

Zamfir.8462

The maps are great and beautiful and coordinated (and relentless), but I don’t feel like I’m my own character in charge of their destiny in a large well designed world. I feel like I’m one overworked creep in a map wide moba and I’m not the champion or summoner.

How could you be in charge of your destiny outside a solo RPG?
There are thousands of people and A.net can’t make content designed for each one.

If you want that, you should look for an RP and UGC featured MMOG.
- People designing their own quests, able to build and reshape the world.
- No NPC game where everything must be done by players (economy, crafting)
- Where you can’t achieve great things alone and need others for your character to live “decently”.
- Where you can be killed, pickpocketed, robbed, arrested/kidnapped by other players. Even enslaved! (every of your weapon stole, put into a mine with a pickaxe with a gate guarded by players 20 levels over yours).

But even there, there would be people that would not be able to “make their own destiny”, because others will be better than them and would make them secondary characters.

Sorry dude, wrote pages in response and the forum 500’d on me and I don’t have the stamina to write it again.

Kind of like meta events failing on these maps.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Johnsen.6253

Johnsen.6253

Nobody asked for raid, if I want raids I would reactivate my Wow account.

So freaking bored

Zamfir.8462

Nobody asked for raid, if I want raids I would reactivate my Wow account.

I want to see what these raids have to offer over a 2 hour long map wide meta event. Why didn’t they give us “normal” zones and put all the meta stuff into instances raids?

So freaking bored

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Why do you need to grind xp? You need to finish something exactly at particular date? One week later is not good enough, right? You have other things to do? If they are so important, finish them then return to gw2 and play without grind.

Masteries is just another type of experience. Why nobody complains about leveling in MMO? Why don’t you complain about WvW xp and WvW abilities?

If they will remove masteries and add 80 regular levels instead, you will be more happy?

Most GW2 players/fans came straight from GW1, which was designed around a system that capped leveling at 20. Was very quick to the top. The rest of the game revolved around customizing skills, collecting new skills, and figuring out combinations and strategies to take out foes.

Even though GW2 started with a different focus, it still retained elements of that. But the updates directly preceding and during and after the HoT expansion tore GW2’s customization into shreds (especially for new characters, with the skill circle update).

If you’re not sure why people are complaining about GW2’s development direction, you seriously need to look into GW1 and its playerbase. They are invested in the game’s legacy, setting, and world. We’re not just playing an MMO. We’re playing Guild Wars.

I think people from GW1 need to get a perspective that GW2 isn’t supposed to be GW1 Part 2. It’s just boring on lore; that’s where the comparison should end.

Well, sure, you can have your opinion on whether something is boring or not. But you wouldn’t have GW2 without GW1 preceding it. You could just as easily go play ES:O if you aren’t invested in the Guild Wars series, world, and lore.

Also, there was every indication that GW2 was to be GW1’s sequel; players were given vaults to fill up with GW1 achievements while GW2 was being developed, story was set up with the entire EotN expansion when relations between the Charr, Asura, Norn, humans, etc were established, the destroyers were introduced but not completely defeated, etc, etc. Not exactly sure where you got your information…

I got my information from the fact that GW2 is a stand alone game. It’s not a sequel at all … you don’t need to know or do anything from GW1 to ‘get into’ GW2. People need to get away from the idea that because there are thematic relations between GW1 and 2, that this somehow means that there are also mechanical ones. The comparison end at the lore.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

So freaking bored

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

Can I get a refund? The Raid is unbalance. ANET must care normal players better then this.

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

So freaking bored

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

-World Meta events take HUGE amounts of time (2 hr+ each meta), fail regularly, and the game spawns dead maps faster than then the U.S. Treasury prints money. Either I never have time to finish an event from 1 hour of map hopping to find an organized one, or spend 40mins before realizing there is no hope at all that the map is even going to make it to the end phase.

This is the biggest problem with the game at the moment.

Anet’s design decisions are contradictory and completely baffle me – SAB2 was (relatively) unpopular because it was too long. They changed Fractals (for the better) for similar reasons. Yet the team seems completely stuck on their latest and greatest ‘wonderful new idea’ that lengthy map wide meta events are the way to go.

Once players have mastery points and map completion, expecting them to invest 2-3 hours every time they revisit these maps to (possibly) achieve something meaningful makes no sense whatsoever.

I agree; this is an issue… they keep adding new map-wide metas. That’s a lot of people spreading out to try and populate huge maps for the events. When the population thins out after the hype, what’s going to keep the maps going? It’s all very well to keep one or two maps running constantly, but with 6+ maps that all require 6-10 full parties to even be slightly viable, I can’t see it lasting very long. Smaller events like Shadow Behemoth or the Karka Queen can be run by a few parties, but multiple-lane/multiple rally point/etc fights can’t.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

So freaking bored

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

That’s a lot of people spreading out to try and populate huge maps for the events. When the population thins out after the hype, what’s going to keep the maps going?

Considering how hard a time I’ve had the last 3 weeks getting into populated maps where the metas succeed, I have no idea how we’re supposed to get anything done once the population moves on…

Meta events and group Hero Challenges will be something new players and alts coming to the game in the future will never have a chance to get is what I’m worried about.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I think you are correct (I haven’t gotten that far, personally). However, it has been done before: SW has an approximately hourly VW mission, Dry Top has an exactly 1 hour mission. So, something similar was done before, just shorter.

If it really takes 2-3 hours to get through a meta, it will lose me very rapidly. Even the hour in SW was long, although I would frequently suffer through the buildup just so I could do the combat and pacman. 3 hours is out of the question; I rarely even play that long at one sitting, let alone playing that long in one event.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

That’s a lot of people spreading out to try and populate huge maps for the events. When the population thins out after the hype, what’s going to keep the maps going?

Considering how hard a time I’ve had the last 3 weeks getting into populated maps where the metas succeed, I have no idea how we’re supposed to get anything done once the population moves on…

Meta events and group Hero Challenges will be something new players and alts coming to the game in the future will never have a chance to get is what I’m worried about.

Especially since Hero Challenges are required to max out the elite specs – my map completion guardian still required about 80 points.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

So freaking bored

Daddicus.6128

WAT? have you even logged into the game?

First of all 4 map full of kitten to do, with map wide metas.
I wont comment

I think you’re missing the point. I CAN’T see that content, because I’m locked out of it due to not having the right masteries. So, when you skipped over masteries, that explains your mindset: you aren’t evaluating the same things I am.

There may be tons of good stuff. But, I’m locked out until I grind through the masteries. I don’t even know how many or which ones I have to grind through. All I know is vanilla XP doesn’t count; I have to do events inside VB. But, the events frequently fail, leaving me both unable to get my masteries and simultaneously unable to dive further into the content.

So, no, we’re not trolls. We’re just not gods.

So freaking bored

Daddicus.6128

the new maps are empty i have no idea if people are bored of them that soon but they are not that much friendly and fun to be played if you ask me always something is pushing you on time and just events spam that take to long to do

It’s much worse than even that.

I had 6 people run right over my dead body running from one event to another. I don’t really blame them, since if they stop running, they might lose whatever event progress they already have (due to the event leeching block). But, the end result is a much more unfriendly atmosphere.

On top of that, practically nobody will chat. In the hours I’ve played in VB, I have had exactly one person respond to my asking for help in map chat, and one person revive me. There have been dozens of opportunities, but only two friendly people in a whole zone?

Again, I can’t really blame them; the culprit is the cutthroat activities that ANet has forced us to follow. Nobody CAN help because they’re too busy with their own activity.

So freaking bored

Daddicus.6128

Sorry dude, wrote pages in response and the forum 500’d on me and I don’t have the stamina to write it again.

Before hitting Reply, right-click, then select all, then right-click, and finally copy. That will write it to the clipboard.

Same using shortcut keys: ctrl-a, ctrl-c.

So freaking bored

Posted by: Annika.7084

Annika.7084

This I have wondered myself since I was a bit slow starting on HoT because I never participated in any Halloween event and I wanted to do that first. So…. the players who missed the swarm in HoT maps now seem SOL to get their masteries and elites.

Exact same thing happened in another mmo I played, same type of ‘exapnsion’ and new types of points/skills to aquire. All they could do after that swarm departed was to nerf the content so hard it became solo-playable.

So freaking bored

Posted by: zbone.6287

zbone.6287

and the game spawns dead maps faster than then the U.S. Treasury prints money.

I feel like I’m living in the Great Depression and standing in a breadline with a 20$ just to buy one loaf (a.k.a one single strength or scholar rune).

lol too funny

So freaking bored

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Some pertinent snippets, taken out of chronological order….

That is more or less what I don’t get. The inability of players to see it’s not the game at fault here.

If you decided to blow through the new content in under a month on every character like a fat kid gobbling down a 4 course meal I have zero compassion OP.

Sadly, I do think your missing the point that most people are making in this thread. …You will discover many people, including myself, have not blasted through the content and them complained. Most people here have brought up some serious design issues, that in the very least should be discussed and debated.

@fireflyry, I highlight these because that false dichotomy keeps being brought up – that you’re either i) a slow-paced leet OR ii) you’re rushing through the content. I’ve seen it used at least three times in the past day.

I’m not advocating for one side or the other at this point. I’d just like this false dichotomy to stop being used. Nobody falls solely in either camp. There’s an infinite spectrum in between of people all trying to play their own way. This dichotomy brings nothing to the table and it just muddies the waters.

Back to your regular programming….