So how many Revenants...

So how many Revenants...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dracula.1709

Dracula.1709

…are going to be running around Divinity’s Reach when the expansion launches? lol

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Thousands. I’m sticking with my War and Guardian. Screw all those Elewarriorits.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Tseison.4659

Tseison.4659

I’ll be sticking with my Mesmer, there isn’t anything new that the Revenant can do that Mesmers can’t

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Because of specializations, maybe not as many as you might think? There will no doubt be legions of them, but there are also going to be druids, etc, running around too.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I’d imagine a far number, but I also think with the other options, we’ll have a nice cross-section of professions. I can’t wait to get my teeth into the specializations and such!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Abdulaziz.1496

Abdulaziz.1496

I’d power level my revenant to 80 with tomes but first I’ll unlock and try everything new on my mesmer and maybe even ele..

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Will Lucky.8703

Will Lucky.8703

Nah, gonna create one use 80 tomes and run straight to the new content.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

The real question is…

How many Demolishers? Y’know, the Engineers wielding explosion-hammers. Well, Specs might take a while… ;_;

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Before I think about rolling that new class I will become a druid and rock staff/longbow #bringitonesports

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

Shaemoor needs more heroes

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Likely necro w/ GS. Ofc that’ll be one of two chars I’ll be trying (re-trying nec), the other ofc will be the Rev.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

I have been a ranger/hunter for more than 15 years across table top RPGs, video game RPGs and MMORPGs and it is not going to change any time soon. The Revenant will be for a much later time once I have thoroughly enjoyed HoT with my ranger and feel it is time to make a new alt (as well as another of my rangers becoming druid, my main stays ranger).

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’m going to have two straight away but neither will be going to DR.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

I can’t wait to try out a Revenant. My main at the moment is a Guardian and I expect most of the new content you’ll need to be level 80 for. I guess, depending upon how Revenants play, I may try making one my new main.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Valmir.4590

Valmir.4590

That’s when I’m happy happy to hang out in the Shiverpeaks. Hoelbrak and the surrounding regions are always calm. Save for the Svanir’s kicking contest, but foreigners are most welcome at that time.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

ill make one just for giggles but, I’ll probably will try out the specializations first.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

what this guy said ^

i have got to see what they did to my fav classes before i start something new …

i am really excited for a new class ….but there will be thousands running around … :S

kind of makes me wish they introduced 2 new classes just for variety …. but ill shut up because i am just happy to have one new class…..

edit: and a bunch of specializations smiley over kill

(edited by caveman.5840)

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’ll make one, but I doubt I’ll make it right away.

There will be other new stuff to try out, and to get a good feel for that new stuff I’ll have to take a shot at it with a “known value” character first. Otherwise, I’ll be left wondering if it’s supposed to feel/play that way, or if it’s something about the new class causing any issues.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: KehxD.6847

KehxD.6847

Pffff, who cares about revenant. Druid incoming!

Founder and former leader of TxS Community! For more information, please look here =)
http://www.reddit.com/r/txs

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: soakman.7539

soakman.7539

Pffffft, who cares about Druid, CHRONOMANCER INCOMING!

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Icy Death.3214

Icy Death.3214

I will be creating a Revenant as soon as possible (new main incoming). Rit was my main in GW1 and this is as close as I am going to get to my loved profession. I have been wanting this for the last 2 1/2 years.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

I definitely will be making one, but I don’t know if it will be on launch. I have so much time and money invested in my warrior I’d like to play with him first!

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I’ll be making one. Thinking Charr for the race. Either that or Asura.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Icy Death.3214

Icy Death.3214

I’ll be making one. Thinking Charr for the race. Either that or Asura.

Asura master race

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: pdboddy.4162

pdboddy.4162

I’ll be trying out a revenant Asura on day one.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

My main will still be my main (human Ranger) but I’d like to at least try out a Revenant character. I can’t fault others for doing the same.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Right now I have 59 times of knowledge. I’m hoping to have 80 by the release of the revenant so I can be level 80 afap (as fast as possible). I miss the good ole days when I was pioneering build on my thief. Looking forward to it

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Carmillia.5394

Carmillia.5394

I think if we get free character slots (in the extension pack) their is going to be a lot of Revenants but if we have to buy the pack and find 800 gems people will stick to their old toons.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

definitely making one on launch but it’ll have to be decided what race I’ll have it be. Might do a norn with the desire to guard the mist and be that mist imbued legend or something along those lines.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Right now I have 59 times of knowledge. I’m hoping to have 80 by the release of the revenant so I can be level 80 afap (as fast as possible). I miss the good ole days when I was pioneering build on my thief. Looking forward to it

what have youd done with your “insta-level-20-scroll”? this + your tomes and you need only one tome more instead of 21 :P

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

The day the expansion launches, I will be sitting back, enjoying a cup of tea and some series while everyone will be raging about server crashes and bugs, lol. Nah, i hope that won’t happen though.
But then i’ll start maybe a norn revenant to try the unnerfed version, cuz i bet it will be op at first and “bugfixed” pretty fast, lol. Nah, i’m being mean again…
I will probably dive into the jungle with that Druid and enjoy the kitten out of the expansion.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Like what many have said, I’d say I’m almost more interested in the profession specializations than the new revenant class. Doesn’t mean I won’t eventually make one, however, but I’m very eager to see what each class can specialize in (and also, how many specializations a class can choose from).

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

Gonna be a longbow thief…pewpew shadow strike XD

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Why will Divinity’s Reach be the supposed go-to spot for Revenants? I don’t understand. Am I missing something?

For me, it’ll be wherever there’s a banker and trader close by – so probably the Heart of the Mists (where I can level him quickly with my tomes of knowledge and skill points)

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: RavenStorm.2193

RavenStorm.2193

I have been saving a slot for this so yes I will make one of what race I am not sure. As for power leveling well it took me 3 days to level a character from start to 100% map and story- so meh just playing will be fine very excited to here about this and happy as well.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

ill delete my warrior (level 50) because the idea behind him is that he’s my gw1 character resurrected, i’ll attempt to get the flameseeker shield, fiery dragon sword and zodiac armour along with the chaos longbow if i can though i wont bother with the skins until i have exotic armour and weapons for him

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Why will Divinity’s Reach be the supposed go-to spot for Revenants? I don’t understand. Am I missing something?

Because most ppl still tend to start human characters.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I was always hesitant to play guardian and warrior because the classes seemed fairly boring to me compared to classes like mesmer and elementalist; however I’ve always loved heavy armor the most so I ultimately ended up making both guardian and warrior. Revenant looks a lot more exciting than guardian and warrior and may be just the class I’ve been waiting for these past 2 years! I know all class specializations will likely change everything we know about the classes we already have, but count me in as part of the revenant crowd!!!

Golden shackles are still golden.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

1st thing I intend to do his roll revenant, pop a lvl 20 scroll, eat 60 tomes of knowledge and eat as many skill pts, plus spend as much gold as it takes to unlock every trait, skill and then off to the Maguma Jungle to learn hang gliding…

So +1 revenant here….

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’ll be sticking with my Mesmer, there isn’t anything new that the Revenant can do that Mesmers can’t

And you know this how?

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Say, about those revenants…

New professions, historically, have come with new lands/cultures. These professions were new to the player, but not new to the game world, and, at least as primary professions, were specific to their region of origin. No Canthan paragons, for example, or Elonian ritualists.

If Rytlock is indeed the first revenant, then this is a profession not only new to the players, but new to Tyria as well. So… how will new revenants come to be? Will Rytlock train them all? Or train a train of trainers to train others? Will knowledge of how to be a revenant be ‘gifted’ to various individuals by the grace of the gods? Which gods?

Who what when where how and of course why not Boromir?

The table is a fable.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I will create a Revenant on day one. It looks like a class well suited to my playstyle. I am very excited about the specializations that Gaile brought up. So I may create the new class right away, but I haven’t decided what I will do first when the expansion hits the shelves.

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I’ll use tomes to get it to 80, but I’m more interested in specs for ele mes and thief

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Pfffft, who cares about Chronomancer, ARCHMAGE INCOMING!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: synfullydevine.3642

synfullydevine.3642

I cant wait to dissolve a revanent in pvp play wirh my mesmer. Bring it on! Cause all the purple butterflies will now become there nightmere. Lol. For real though. Mesmer will always be my main. Though i cant wait to play something new:)

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m going to roll one. I like my heavy classes.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Niwatori.2813

Niwatori.2813

I wonder if the Revenant also have a specilization from the start?

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: MidnightSun.7964

MidnightSun.7964

I plan on running through the story and world completion and such on my warrior. After the hype dies down, I will probably make a Revenant. A large factor will also be if we get the extra character slot(s) that they gave us for the new GW1 expansions/games.

<insert something witty>

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Pfffft, who cares about Chornomancers, [Insert Ele Specialization] INCOMING!

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

So how many Revenants...

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Well, this is all very disappointing. I thought the continuation of the thread title was going to be ‘…does it take to change a lightbulb?’