So is HoT going on sale soon?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Yes? No?

Was expecting it to go on sale around Christmas/new years but no luck. I’m starting to think that due to the failure of the expansion they will be talking themselves into keeping the price the same for the first year after launch. I can understand why they might think it’s right to do this. Just for me, they screwed up WvsW and all this other stuff I don’t feel I should reward such behaviors. I would really only be buying HoT for the trait sets, and revenant which I may or may not play….

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

They released last year, won’t go on sale until the fall if that. Retailers can be found that sell for less than the ANET site look around.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If the expansion failed, it would be on sale. Obviously someone must be buying it, because it makes no sense to keep a failed game at full price for any company.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

If the expansion failed, it would be on sale. Obviously someone must be buying it, because it makes no sense to keep a failed game at full price for any company.

Yea, games that don’t sell too well at launch do tend to go on sale pretty quickly.

For example:

Sims 4 released September 2, 2014. Black Friday 2014, almost 2 months later it was on sale 50%. It did not sell well at launch due to horrible PR disasters that had happened for MONTHS leading up to the launch. EA, greedy EA, put a game on sale 2 months after it launched.

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

Yea, games that don’t sell too well at launch do tend to go on sale pretty quickly.

For example:

Sims 4 released September 2, 2014. Black Friday 2014, almost 2 months later it was on sale 50%. It did not sell well at launch due to horrible PR disasters that had happened for MONTHS leading up to the launch. EA, greedy EA, put a game on sale 2 months after it launched.

Black Friady was not EA putting the game on sale, Black Friday is when RETAILERS discount their inventory, not the manufacturers. Retailers use Black Friday to make room for new items and empty valuable warehouse space taken up by “old” merchandise.

(edited by Eldbrand Charging.8902)

Vayne.8563

For example:

Black Friady was not EA putting the game on sale, Black Friday is when RETAILERS discount their inventory, not the manufacturers. Retailers use Black Friday to make room for new items and empty valuable warehouse space taken up by “old” merchandise.

This is from EA’s store.

http://www.ea.com/uk/news/origin-black-friday-sale

Pretty sure they personally discounted the Sims, not just retail outlets.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I assume that we see more batches of HoT released , before HoT goes on sale. Next batch will come Jan 26th. Gliding will tease a decent number of players.

Posted by: DarkSnowman.8527

DarkSnowman.8527

It is already on sale. 28€ in cjs

Seera.5916

For example:

When the Origin store puts it up for 50%, that’s all EA. 100% EA’s doing, because EA owns Origin.

I know they dropped the price that much on Black Friday 2014 because I bought it via Origin for 50% of the initial price on Black Friday 2014.

And then, if I recall correctly, they went 75% off for the following Monday on Origin.

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

g2a sells it for less than 30$ just saying. its where i got myne.

im bad at sarcasm

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Having worked in the games retail industry, i would be shocked to see an expac go on sale so quickly after release, especially during Christmas, which would have been extremely poor business sense.

New Year sales are not what they once were, especially for games. A few places did discount it in the sale, but Anet would have wisely thought that such a discount directly from them so soon would set a very bad precedent for future expacs.
If people knew an expac was going to be discounted 3 months after launch, it could significantly affect expected preorder sales and potential early interest.

Posted by: Kattenpootjes.4291

Kattenpootjes.4291

It’s not going on sale yet cause core tyria gliding is coming soon and they want the new potential player pay full price obviously

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

It’s not going on sale yet cause core tyria gliding is coming soon and they want the new potential player pay full price obviously

Enough people actually care about this? I couldn’t care less, I fail to see why anyone who isn’t a PVE purist would. Why would being able to fly around zones I’ve already completed be anything more than a gimmick prize?

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

Enough people actually care about this? I couldn’t care less, I fail to see why anyone who isn’t a PVE purist would. Why would being able to fly around zones I’ve already completed be anything more than a gimmick prize?

New players have not completed any zones :-), perhaps it matters to them.

Vayne.8563

You’ve got to be joking. It’ll make a lot of stuff much more fun for me personally. Guild bounties. It’s a more fun way to search then having to run around. Finding places you’ve never seen before, lots of people are interested in that.

In, a lot of people who have completed zones still return to those zones to farm. Running around stuff is not as convenient as flying over it.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

For example:

A game can go on sale and not be a failling game. Fallout 4 was on sale over Christmas in the UK, my local Game was selling it for £29, from £49.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I don’t know. They probably never tell you.

So keep waiting.

Seera.5916

For example:

A game can go on sale and not be a failling game. Fallout 4 was on sale over Christmas in the UK, my local Game was selling it for £29, from £49.

But is Game the owner of Fallout 4? I should have mentioned go on sale on the game owner’s site. So sales directly from Bethesda, I think, for Fallout 4, not that I think that’s what Bethesda does.

But sales from EA directly for EA games close to launch date likely spell not so good sales and they’re trying to get more buyers to reach the money amount needed to make shareholders happy. Or sales from ANet directly in the case of GW2.

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Game was £25 on release, you can find it close to £20 now, shop around.

Posted by: FriendlyInvader.3126

FriendlyInvader.3126

g2a sells it for less than 30$ just saying. its where i got myne.

That site is known to sell a lot of codes that have been generated using illegal means. I.E someone buys a code using a stolen CC and sells it on the site for much cheaper. If the purchase gets back charged by the actual owner of the CC, you will get perma-banned if the code was applied on your account.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

ESO: Tamriel went B2P more than 10 months ago. Still full retail from both the developer and Steam. Don’t hold your breath on a HoT sale anytime “soon.”