So many empty overflows?

So many empty overflows?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

I always have to taxi from overflow to overflow to actually find a map with more than 5 players and do the meta events. There must be something wrong with the megaservers. Anyone else?

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I agree. They need to recalculate the threshold of players needed to open another map instance. I find myself in empty maps constantly. And it’s not that there’s no commanders. I can run around for 5-10 minutes without seeing anybody. Until a map is almost completely full, there shouldn’t be any more instances of that map.

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I’ve noticed this too. I find an event and there’s no one around. It just came out there should be tons of people everywhere.

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

tons of people. you thinks so??
there area so many veteran quite because of pricing. there so many veteran given negative fee back after HOT launch.. why you think will have tons of people.

anet now are waiting for “fee play” player to join in after they enjoy enough the core game.

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

JUN is correct. It isn’t a megaserver problem it is a player population problem.

Most of my guild is not interested in HoT anymore. It is such a hot mess that the majority of our guild think it was a waste of money.

Let’s put it this way. I’ve been playing Guild Wars since GW1 FIRST Weekend Beta Event. I logged on tonight, got my Halloween dailies, talked with a few guildies and logged off. With all of the other Guild Wars new content I’ve been stuck to my computer for days. Now I just don’t give a kitten anymore. Yes, it’s that bad.

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

tons of people. you thinks so??
there area so many veteran quite because of pricing. there so many veteran given negative fee back after HOT launch.. why you think will have tons of people.

anet now are waiting for “fee play” player to join in after they enjoy enough the core game.

So all the full maps we get to are hallucinations. Just about everyone in my guild of 200 bought HoT. I think you aren’t paying attention.

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: MeveM.7913

MeveM.7913

Everyone in my 250 man guild is loving HoT and theyre all spread out over the hot maps.
Go read Dulfy’s Hero point guide and stop crying. There’s nothing wrong with the hot maps, you’re probably just running around the berserker meta gear thinking it will do well. Well try something else. I’m using zerker weapon/trinkets and Soldier armour and it’s a whole lot more fun than zerker. Take more defensive abilities and you’re set. Get some stability for the knockdowns and there you go, the content is no longer hard. The veterans are no longer hard. Believe it or not, killing the mobs that are standing in your way of events give more XP than the event itself.

People just have this silly mentality of wanting to run from event to event without having to fight anything. People cry for a living world, then cry when the world is living. Game Dev’s can’t win.

PS: Orr was a bigger pain in the backside than HoT areas, they still are. All those chill, cripple and pulls…

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Everyone in my 250 man guild is loving HoT and theyre all spread out over the hot maps.
Go read Dulfy’s Hero point guide and stop crying. There’s nothing wrong with the hot maps, you’re probably just running around the berserker meta gear thinking it will do well. Well try something else. I’m using zerker weapon/trinkets and Soldier armour and it’s a whole lot more fun than zerker. Take more defensive abilities and you’re set. Get some stability for the knockdowns and there you go, the content is no longer hard. The veterans are no longer hard. Believe it or not, killing the mobs that are standing in your way of events give more XP than the event itself.

People just have this silly mentality of wanting to run from event to event without having to fight anything. People cry for a living world, then cry when the world is living. Game Dev’s can’t win.

PS: Orr was a bigger pain in the backside than HoT areas, they still are. All those chill, cripple and pulls…

What does this have to do with anything????

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

did you even read what i said? In case some people didnt get it, im talking about the technical side, that there are way too many overflows created and as a result people get spread out too much.

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

There are plenty of people in HoT maps, regardless of negative feedback. When you post a LFG that you are doing organized Tarir or Dragon’s Stand the map gets fully very quickly. But I do agree that there are way too many empty overflows. A few times I got the message to change the overflow and get that buff thingy if I accept cause the one I’m in emptied out.

And we all know by now that HoT maps work best with actual people around. If I wanted to do stuff solo I’d do old content which was made for that

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Yep, always empty maps for me. Its totally killing the game for me.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Woah, I think that’s a bit too harsh. Killing the game for you. Really? Just cause you choose not to switch to a more populated overflow?

I do agree that it can be annoying when the maps are empty when you want them not to, but you can always switch to a more populated one. It doesn’t take much of an effort.

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

I personally noticed on EU server that language restrictions seems higher than before. Most of the time my map is french only, before it was more mixed. It is clearer later in the night when normally I would cross a lot of german speaking player… it hasn’t been the case this week end.
Also when the map seems empty I never got an invitation to change map.

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I noticed this as well. There is almost certainly some sort of technical problem with the mega servers not closing empty maps for some reason.

My guild captured our guild hall this weekend, and when we joined the map we ended up spread out over 7 different maps for 150 people. By using taxing we were able to get everyone into just 2 maps. The game is just not placing players correctly right now.

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

We were playing late last nite (11pst) in VB and my other halfs mini got put away by the game and the msg flashed – Pop too high, minis are hidden – Every time we’ve gone in to the HoT areas it’s been packed with people.

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Empty maps? I have yet to see that. If a map is empty you will get notification to move to a different map, do you purposely just hit no?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

There was a reddit(or was it here?) thread about empty maps and a dev said they will look at the mega server in the new zones. Maybe there’s a problem with merging low populated overflows.

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: TychoNewtonius.2189

TychoNewtonius.2189

I have never once seen a notification to move to a more populous map in hot. and I’ve been on plenty of empty maps where all meta events are failing.

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

So all the full maps we get to are hallucinations. Just about everyone in my guild of 200 bought HoT. I think you aren’t paying attention.

Your guild has to be the happiest place in the world. Everyone always loves everything Anet does and every change to the game, everyone always seems to have the exact same point of view you do, and now pretty well everyone has bought the expansion and is loving it as well and everyone is always so happy. Must be a magical place

So many empty overflows?

Posted by: lilypop.7819

lilypop.7819

European times:

Friday and Saturday I logged into VB on many occasions to find dead maps.

That changed on Sunday when I got a playable map, and of course I stuck with it

Last night I was jumping in and out and for the first time ever got a notification.

There was something most definitely not right on those first two days, imo.