So tired of "Fast as the Wind" constant spam

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I have sylvari characters and it is annoying that I cannot turn this constant spam exclamation off. It is getting old. Not to mention the “This rose has thorns and here they are!”

Please find a way to make this voice exclamation from our characters to be toggled OFF.

Sick of hearing it.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I also sick of the constant “I can outrun a centaur”, “May Lyssa confound you.”….etc…can we just turn everything off? :P

Oh wait…we can….. it’s call Options → Sound tab slide the slider to 0……

lynspottery.6529

But that sound slider turns off ALL game sounds, not just the character voice. That is not the answer to this problem.

If I wanted to turn my volume off, I could, but I like the game sounds, just don’t like the constant voice spams.

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

Some quotes were actually toned down in frequency before [the Mesmer’s Mantra chants for example, they used to say them during each and every cast], they may do it again if enough people dislike it.

“Would you kindly?”

Posted by: Solitaire.3680

Solitaire.3680

Oh please give us an option to turn that off, or maybe just do the verbal dialog once every 10th time or something. I love the ingame sounds and don’t want to turn it all off but when your profession relies a lot on casting swiftness for mobility it drives me insane

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

There is, in fact, an option to turn voices down or off, but it’s global. An option to toggle your personal ramblings would be okay, I guess. My sylvari talks a lot less than I remember, so I don’t have a problem with it. However, humans seem to be constantly babbling about centaurs and how awesome she is and I wish I could toggle humans :l

Posted by: Mizstik.1736

Mizstik.1736

I stopped using the mesmer boon signet because of this problem. And if I forgot to change it to something else before I trigger a story cutscene … ugh.

Posted by: Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

You can change language for audio to German for example if you’d like to change it up a little. Even if you don’t speak German, it’s a breath of fresh air after hearing the same lines over and over again. Changing languages requires restarting the game, because it downloads the new voice packs.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

The Herald hymn constantly chugging along is way worse. It overlaps with the in-game music, which is just messy. Exciting battle music mixed with a serene hymn clashes so bad my ears starts to bleed.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

The Herald hymn constantly chugging along is way worse. It overlaps with the in-game music, which is just messy. Exciting battle music mixed with a serene hymn clashes so bad my ears starts to bleed.

Just turn off player instruments in sound options and it will be gone! Sadly that means you wont be able to listen to random flute music in the world, how I miss it!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Just turn off player instruments in sound options and it will be gone! Sadly that means you wont be able to listen to random flute music in the world, how I miss it!

Exactly, I like hearing player instruments, so I don’t want to disable that. I don’t even hate the hymn per say, I just wish it was far less frequent, and that it would fade/cut out if music starts to play. There’s no reason to have it chugging along all the time. Give us a F2 button to enable and disable it instead, hah..

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Mosferre.1246

Mosferre.1246

I’ve only been playing GW2 for 3 weeks now, and as a Mesmer, I can assure you you I rarely “feel 6 feet tall” no matter how many times I’m told it!!

I came, I saw, I continued watching as I’m a newbie…

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

I want to hear the voices, but I don’kitten to hear everytime when I use a shout (we heal as one) -.- For ne just reduce the frequence of this exclamations with shouts!

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I play Herald a lot and just tuned it down a bit, not that it’s off, but it’s rather silent and fits the idea and flavor of the Herald. The actual game music predominates it. Try it out!

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

I’m also extremely sick of grossly repetitive dialogue. I honestly don’t know who thought it was a good idea. The best we can do is play with dialogue turned all the way down for now.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I’ve been forever confused by my Norn exclaiming that yellow/orange loot is “Better than moon boots!”.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Desus France.6079

Desus France.6079

The shouts are not that annoying to me, however I’m getting all cringey of the woman saying ‘’More violets I say, less violence’’ at the Trader’s Forum Bank.

Posted by: Land of Cheese.2584

Land of Cheese.2584

“If Mordremoth can attack the Mother Tree in the Grove, it can attack anywhere!”

Posted by: Myrden.2456

Myrden.2456

What?? I LOVE hearing my Sylvari warrior say Shake it Off condescendingly! I actually don’t mind the shouts at all. I can see why some would, but I say bring me more.

lynspottery.6529

I’ve only been playing GW2 for 3 weeks now, and as a Mesmer, I can assure you you I rarely “feel 6 feet tall” no matter how many times I’m told it!!

lol, especially if you are playing an Asura.

Posted by: MelGT.8326

MelGT.8326

“If Mordremoth can attack the Mother Tree in the Grove, it can attack anywhere!”

Oh god, my top wish for Heart of Thorns would that this Sylvari would be one of the first I would get to kill. Making him stand next to the only merchant in the Silverwastes that everyone has to go back to after a Vinewrath kill and hearing him say that every 10 seconds is infuriating!

My Herald keeps saying “May Lyssa confound you!” over and over for no reason when staying perfectly still and with no buffs, no Facet skills active and no one else around. Kind of annoying.

Posted by: Lauren.3061

Lauren.3061

This guy SO needs to die! And the dude near him (maybe the same dude?) who says: “I will not let fear poison my heart. Not even in this forsaken wasteland.” gtfo! punts!

~Arabella

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

Hearing my Revenant constantly saying “May Lyssa confound you!” is extremely irritating. I don’t even do anything, just running normally, no skills, no fights, nothing and every once in a while you hear him say that for no apparent reason.

“Would you kindly?”

Posted by: BlenderX.4710

BlenderX.4710

Idk why it amuses me so much, but without fail, I always snort when my Norn shouts “Die!!!”.

lynspottery.6529

I am so tired of hearing my Sylvari characters constantly say "fast as the wind’ or “this rose has thorns, and here they are” ……… ad nauseum.

Anet, please, please give us an option to turn their constant spam off. I like the game music, but it is horribly jarring to hear all these yells all the time…I want to turn them off.

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I’ve hung out at Camp Resolve enough that I’d like to kill this NPC several times over. A lot.

It doesn’t help that he appears to be scripted to repeat this line with minimal time between saying it.

Posted by: Mez Koo.9510

Mez Koo.9510

Don’t use signet of inspiration or dragon stance?

I want to burn the sylvari that has thorns every time…

Posted by: Surek.3056

Surek.3056

What about this one:

“WHAT HAVEN’T I FOUND??? THIS PLACE IS AMAZING!!”

lol that one gets so repetitive, I totally understand the other npc when he goes “hmmmm”, like jesus christ woman kitten already xD

Posted by: Mordeus.1234

Mordeus.1234

That thorns quote is the reason why I don’t have a female Sylvari character.

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

Hmm. I don’t know. I like the audio cues for boons, conditions, and control effects. It gives me the option to look at fewer UI things, especially when I can’t see my character clearly to look for the visual cues. I think it should be a toggle, as there is in many other games that have idle or personal monologues.

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

This is why you must play asura (female specifically). I have never been annoyed with her voice quips.

LOL. This one annoys me to death.

Mez Koo.9510

the same with elementalist. he talks too much while using skills. much more than anyone else in this game.

Human male ele hasn’t bothered me at all, maybe because he only says fire, water, air, earth most of the time. But when I hear other elementalists, they make me cringe.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Hearing my Revenant constantly saying “May Lyssa confound you!” is extremely irritating. I don’t even do anything, just running normally, no skills, no fights, nothing and every once in a while you hear him say that for no apparent reason.

Heh u think that’s bad, my warrior on my 2nd acct, has been saying for almost a year now, “adrenalin full” in Asuran male voice, she’s a human female. As u can imagine, warrior’s adrenalin fills rather often and it grates so bad on my brain and breaks my immersion that i’ve basically stopped playing my warrior. I’ve reported it a long time ago and nothing has been done about it.

To top it off, she now also says “may lyssa confound you” all the time, giving me a double reason not to play her. It’s almost every time they add new dialogue to the game, they bug out all the classes commentary. It never used to be like that, but ever since they began HoT and particularly since they restored the PS, the the dialogues not just for NPC’s but our characters have become an annoying mess.

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Heh u think that’s bad, my warrior on my 2nd acct, has been saying for almost a year now, “adrenalin full” in Asuran male voice, she’s a human female. As u can imagine, warrior’s adrenalin fills rather often and it grates so bad on my brain and breaks my immersion that i’ve basically stopped playing my warrior. I’ve reported it a long time ago and nothing has been done about it.

To top it off, she now also says “may lyssa confound you” all the time, giving me a double reason not to play her. It’s almost every time they add new dialogue to the game, they bug out all the classes commentary. It never used to be like that, but ever since they began HoT and particularly since they restored the PS, the the dialogues not just for NPC’s but our characters have become an annoying mess.

Oh, gosh, I hate Adrenaline lines; my Slyvari Warrior can’t stop saying them! >_<;

And people wonder why I only play my female asura thief. XD

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

What about this one:

“WHAT HAVEN’T I FOUND??? THIS PLACE IS AMAZING!!”

lol that one gets so repetitive, I totally understand the other npc when he goes “hmmmm”, like jesus christ woman kitten already xD

Omg yes, i can’t stand those 2 NPC. They’re just as bad, if not worse, as those NPC’s in SW, or that annoying sylvari banker in LA. What is it with Anet? why are they doing this? To drive their players crazy? They deliberately put these annoying NPCs with their repetitive dialogues either right next to essential services, or the essential service NPCs themselves. I literally avoid LA bank and SW as much as possible and now, I’m avoiding Tarir as well.

The 2 NPC you mention in Tarir are unbearable. Once again, they’ve placed them very close to the only merchant there and they repeat the same sentence instantly over and over and over without pause. This is not only obnoxious, but very disrespectful of the players’ immersion. Sometimes it’s nice to have a peaceful moment while trading one’s goods and need to concentrate a bit so u don’t salvage or sell that wrong item. But that is impossible in gw2 these days without muting the sound.

I asked, no begged and i’m not the only one, to reduce that LA banker’s commentary when they first updated LA and i know many people have asked the same for those NPCs in SW. But not only have they ignored our pleas, they instead gave us even worse NPC to listen to in HoT.

It really boggles the mind why they want to destroy the player’s sense of appreciation for the immense VO dialogues they’ve created, by over doing everything. Sometimes, less is more and as much as i love VO in games, I’m being forced to mute my sounds to preserve my sanity.

Is that what u want Anet? You paid all them actors money for VO’s and your players are muting them coz u made the NPC’s repeat them so frequently, you’re driving us crazy. I don’t need the banker greet me every time i run up to them, nor do i need to hear them greet every other player that approaches them. Maybe you can make it so we can only hear our own greetings or our own pc commentary etc or something.

So please do something to change it, or at least reduce the frequency by like 99% ty.

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

The most annoying one gotta be “I feel six feet tall!”
Mainly because no sane Asura would use such an inferior unit of measurement.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Some quotes were actually toned down in frequency before [the Mesmer’s Mantra chants for example, they used to say them during each and every cast], they may do it again if enough people dislike it.

“Agony! Torment! Pain!”

I actually miss hearing that a touch. It just never seems to play for my Mesmer ;-(

LOVE the berserker entering berserker form. Its so cool !

Posted by: Hume.2876

Hume.2876

Crazy. That’s one of my favorite parts of the game. A fully voiced character is a lot more fun. I played games with silent characters – so dull. I just hope Arenanet is careful who they listen too.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’ve said before that I like hearing my character, but I’d hate for other people to hear him. I wish there was an option to turn down other people’s characters.

Posted by: Doughnuthole.2403

Doughnuthole.2403

This is why you must play asura (female specifically). I have never been annoyed with her voice quips.

Female asura’s voice are great! But there’s one thing keeps bugging me though.

Get knocked down “This is how amazing I am!”
Hmmm amazing what? Lying on the ground?

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

Crazy. That’s one of my favorite parts of the game. A fully voiced character is a lot more fun. I played games with silent characters – so dull. I just hope Arenanet is careful who they listen too.

When they do what you want then I guess you could look at it like that.

I’m in two minds about this topic. I agree with the OP that some of the saying get old very quickly, OTOH during world events some of them such as “Stand your ground” are useful IMO as they tell you someone just used that skill which will be helpful to you.

Mez Koo.9510

The most annoying one gotta be “I feel six feet tall!”
Mainly because no sane Asura would use such an inferior unit of measurement.

Because “I feel 1.8 meters tall!” just rolls off the tonge?

Posted by: Bartender.1674

Bartender.1674

^ My main problem with that one is that I don’t see why suddenly becoming that short is associated with something positive like a boon.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

While they are a bit repetive, I like them cause they make the game feel alive. Without these things, your character would say nothing, except if you use shouts or do personal story, bit boring isn’kitten

I’m often annoyed by sounds (like water drips), but I totally got used to ‘I outrun a centaur’, and ‘May Lyssa confound you’. If i’m busy, my brain ignores them. If i’m just moving around in town, they are a welcome distraction. Perfect balance to me.

I agree an option would be fine, but Anet doenst wanna waste resources in that. They also are nerfing visual effect (hey Fireball!), and not listening to the call from people for an option slider for it.

I also had 26 character, a mix of norn, sylvari, human mostly. These text are a subtle way to keep you aware wich race you are playing. It makes you feel more emerged with world/character.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

That smug guy in Divinity who keeps proclaiming “My job is better than yours!” I so wanna punch his face!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Female asura’s voice are great! But there’s one thing keeps bugging me though.

Get knocked down “This is how amazing I am!”
Hmmm amazing what? Lying on the ground?

My husband plays all female Asura….his girls keep saying “So this is what it feels like to be Taimi”…..all the freaking time. Just standing there. It’d be better if she said that when she got crippled and not just standing around doing nothing.

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Shhh… I’m going hypo-thermic.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: Harbinger.5129

Harbinger.5129

You guys are making me laugh so hard!

The ones I love:
- “I’ll destroy you all”
- All mantras.
- All tempest attunement recharge sentences

The ones I despise due to their constant spamming:
- “If Mordremoth can attack the Mother Tree in the Grove, it can attack anywhere!”
- “WHAT HAVEN’T I FOUND??? THIS PLACE IS AMAZING!!”
- ‘’More violets I say, less violence’’
- Mesmer Signet of Inspiration

The one I don’t understand why it’s triggered:
- “May Lyssa confound you!”

(edited by Harbinger.5129)

Posted by: Ghostwind.4380

Ghostwind.4380

The one I don’t understand why it’s triggered:
- “May Lyssa confound you!”

Yeah this one was confusing. I think though it’s triggered when you evade an attack? I noticed sometimes it happens when I’m running and manage to avoid\dodge a ranged attack. Could be totally wrong though.

Posted by: Silent The Gray.3091

Silent The Gray.3091

Or the guy in silverwastes that always says in the nerdiest voice “Thanks for pitching in.” and then it’s like he enters demon stance and has the deepest voice imaginable “Let’s get started!”.