So, what do we do until HoT is released?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

I’m so hyped and have nowhere to channel this energy.

Are there going to be any LS releases? Season 3? Maybe Season 1? Or some kind of between epilogue/prologue? Maybe SAB? I would love SAB… I only got to play it for 1 day.

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I’m just stockpiling as many dungeon tokens, gold and mats as possible in preperation of the new class.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Stockpile EVERYTHING.

My goal is:

250 of every mat
3000g
3 million karma
100 laurels
100 guild comms
500 of each dungeon token

I figure that should have me all set and ready.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I’m not mad on SAB I’m afraid, but I could always enjoy a Bazaar of the Four Winds or a Dragon Bash… but for story reasons I doubt we will get either of those now

Will there be any LS updates between now and then? Because the story could actually use a bit of tying up before the expansion; I don’t even know what happened to Caithe and the egg at the end of the last one, unless I missed something.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m not mad on SAB I’m afraid, but I could always enjoy a Bazaar of the Four Winds or a Dragon Bash… but for story reasons I doubt we will get either of those now

Will there be any LS updates between now and then? Because the story could actually use a bit of tying up before the expansion; I don’t even know what happened to Caithe and the egg at the end of the last one, unless I missed something.

The expansion is set to pick up right where S2 left off, so I imagine the questions left open by that will be addressed by Heart of Thorns

Plus, they specifically talked about “Glint’s legacy” and the chances the egg are somehow related to that seem pretty high to me.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

There won’t be. Colin already mentioned that the story picks up from the end of season 2.

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Sit on the front porch, grab the beer and…..

….. do nothing.

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Now would be the right time to release a reworked LS Season1. So new people can experience the whole story..

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Small list.

*Make 2 of each current profession if you got the slots.
-likely at least 2 specializations, but also maybe just 1 + base profession

*stack legendary mats, but don’t craft any of the current legendary components.
-new legendaries and likely new high end exotics/ascended gear.

*create armor sets for lvling the revenant.
-could also just scroll +tome it to 80 I suppose ;-(

*craft an ascended zerker spear
-still lots of speculation that spear may be useable by a couple classes on land.
*craft certain ascended weapons for classes that have been speculated to get them if they interest you.
-mesmer shield, engine hammer, revanent sword/spear?, ranger staff

This weekend is an excellent opportunity for some alt speed lvling.

Posted by: ectogasm.8764

ectogasm.8764

hyperventilate. cause im so excited

“The kingdom of the fathers and the heroes where are you?
I’m talking to you every night more than I should do”

Posted by: Matty Ice.1832

Matty Ice.1832

I would like to see the Rytlock in the Mists story in patches pre-HoT. Hopefully FoW sometime

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

I’m preparing for my revenant, mats, token, weapons, gold, gems everything. Doing remaining achies for SW and Dry Top and stuff like that. Time will pass quickly.

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

take lots of drugs to sleep 19 hours a day until release hits.

Posted by: Animosity.5968

Animosity.5968

well I may of lucked out seeing I have everything besides 50 t6 bloods, 70 t6 totems and some ecto’s to make a legendary so i’ll now hold those on till HoT. I will however get some new cool heavy armor skins + trans charges + tombs of knowledge for my new revenant and stock pile as much gold as I possibly can for upcoming changes. For my guild we will stock pile a load of extra gold/influence/merits for a guild hall and for a personal goal i’m going to craft myself some Celestial gear for my engi as I wait.

Posted by: nikdik.1934

nikdik.1934

I guess I will level an alt as I only have 80 or play WvW. The wait is going to kill me though.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Stockpile EVERYTHING.

My goal is:

250 of every mat
3000g
3 million karma
100 laurels
100 guild comms

3000 gold? I’m likely to only have 300 gold when the expansion releases, and I’ve been playing since ’12. Whatever people are doing to get that much gold has gone over my head these past few years lol.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Stockpile EVERYTHING.

My goal is:

250 of every mat
3000g
3 million karma
100 laurels
100 guild comms

3000 gold? I’m likely to only have 300 gold when the expansion releases, and I’ve been playing since ’12. Whatever people are doing to get that much gold has gone over my head these past few years lol.

Run dungeons! I make at least 20 gold per day… and that’s usually a day where I don’t do much at all. You can make more if you’re focused on it.

I will continue working on my Dungeoneer title. I will be hoarding all of my materials and gold in preparation for new legendaries! We don’t know if they will require new materials found only in the new maps, so it isn’t worth making any of the Gifts.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Run dungeons! I make at least 20 gold per day… and that’s usually a day where I don’t do much at all. You can make more if you’re focused on it.

I will continue working on my Dungeoneer title. I will be hoarding all of my materials and gold in preparation for new legendaries! We don’t know if they will require new materials found only in the new maps, so it isn’t worth making any of the Gifts.

What dungeons do you run? All of them?

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Save up gold/materials, complete any major pieces of old content missing and easy collections/achievements.

Also start planning on a name/race/looks for my new Revenant character.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

I’ll be leveling my ranger so I can have a Druid. I hope this doesn’t bite me in the kitten when in a few weeks they say x classes specialization is y and I go Omg I want a"Y" so bad!

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

LvL and gear my alts, get dungeon tokens, work on getting GWAMM.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

There are alot of things they could bring us while we wait for HOT -

- New Fractals
- Feature Patch
- Super Adventure Box
- WvW Season
- A festival of some kind
- Replayable Season One of the Living Story (even though this one is probably unrealistic)
- Living Story unrelated to the Maguuma Jungle (rescuing Rytlock, rebuilding Lion’s Arch, Political Intrigue in the cities, etc)
- New Guild Missions (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE)

Im not saying any of these will happen, just that, if they have the resources, they can keep us busy/entertained until the expansion drops

I do think it is important that they keep content rolling out. Living Story or not, the true difference between GW2 and other MMOs is the continual flow of new things to do. Stopping that now would be the equivalent of saying that they are abandoning that model for a more traditional expansion release system (which they shouldnt do).

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

Thing is, I was at LEAST expecting a release date on this, you know, since they don’t speculate about future content, and only talk about it when it’s ready. But we didn’t get that, and since we didn’t get that I’d at least like to have some hope that we’re not just supposed to grind Silverwastes for the forseeable future.

I am so excited about the expansion, but then the hype died down now that I realize there is going to be nothing to hold us over until it’s TBD release… I’m a little let down to be honest.

Oh well, guess I’ll just log in for 10 seconds a day to get my daily log in reward and play other games till this releases…

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Get my 890 tomes of knowledge to over 1000 so I can have max level EVERYTHING

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I think I’m going to need more bank tabs…