So which Dragon is the most dangerous?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Rikimaru.7890

Rikimaru.7890

Well every dragon is dangerous in it’s own way but based on logic the yet to be named DSD takes the top spot.
I know a lot of players don’t find the prospect of fighting DSD very enthusiastic because most don’t like underwater combat. But that’s not the reason I think DSD is the most dangerous.
No the reason is the possible scale of it’s corruption. Each dragon can corrupt other races in their own way (except maybe Primordus but that remains to be seen).
You are probably thinking right now that the DSD’s corruption is next to none in Tyria and you are right. There is no corruption from DSD “yet”.
However it’s element is water and while the corrupted water did not reach Tyria so far just imagine how much destruction it will cause when it does.
Unlike the other element’s of the dragons water is something all living things need to survive. So imagine for a moment that suddenly all the water is corrupted and we have the choice of slowly dying of thirst or drinking the water and becoming a minion of the DSD. That’s quite horrifying isn’kitten
I mean the Priory and Asura could probably find a way to filter the water and make it drinkable. But it won’t be enough for everyone. I mean what about crops, forests, wild animals, fish etc etc? You can’t filter the whole world.

So yeah I think the DSD is the most dangerous of the dragons. In fact if what I speculated here turns out to be wrong I will be very disapointed. Because let’s be honest the more horryfying the threat the more awsome it is fighting against it.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I would think that a dragon with the ability to corrupt life directly would be more dangerous than one that has to use an intermediary medium such as water. Sure we all need water to live but we need to be alive to drink water. I’d put Zhaitan above the DSD.

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

Its obviously that the last dragon that we will fight will be the most dangerous and powerful (how will u feel if the last one is easier than Zhaitan – that will never happen)…. so Zhaitan, Mordremoth and Primordus won’t be. Imo the one that we know less about will be the hidden ace, aka Deep sea dragon. After Primordus we will fight Jormag or Kralkatorrik and after that the one that noone knows anything about (even the devs) …

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Bubbles . . . because we know so little about him. And it’s underwater content. Which tends to scare players a great deal.

I have to agree with this. As the US President Franklin Roosevelt is often quoted as saying:

The only thing we have to fear is Bubbles himself. (Because: underwater combat is still in BETA.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I would think that a dragon with the ability to corrupt life directly would be more dangerous than one that has to use an intermediary medium such as water. Sure we all need water to live but we need to be alive to drink water. I’d put Zhaitan above the DSD.

Water is life. Our bodies are composed of water. Zhaitan can only corrupt dead bodies. Sea Dragon can potentially corrupt the entire ecosystem that life depends on.

Just putting it in perspective. :P

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’d say it would be whichever dragon is last to kill.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Primordius is and has always been regarded as such by the elder races. He is the concept of destruction after all, and the oldest of the six.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I can’t foretell in which order we will fight Primordus, jormag and kralkatorrik, but I’m pretty sure the last one will be Bubbles because it will open up a new chapter of guild wars 2 – let’s call it GW2 Beyond. We will be finally able to revisit Elona, Cantha, and possibly travel further to some new regions.

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

If we are to think about it logically and break them down. Primordus should be the strongest since it has been awake the longest therefore eaten up more magic.

From a personal hope, Jormag since im a bigger fan of the norns.

But if i had to put money on dragon fighting, Zhaitan to me would easily be the strongest. He raised ORR back up and turned them into his fighting slaces as well as corrupting everything on water and land.

Mordremoth tried to recreate zoija, Logan and trehearne. Think of all the great warriors who have fallen and Zhaitan resurrect them back to full strength. Instead of fighting great armies and giant undead beasts. Imagine fighting Achillies on the ground, straight fear would come on everyone.

So if i had to realistically say which dragon was stronger i would of gone with zhaitan.

Amaimon.7823

If we are to think about it logically and break them down. Primordus should be the strongest since it has been awake the longest therefore eaten up more magic.

But if i had to put money on dragon fighting, Zhaitan to me would easily be the strongest. He raised ORR back up and turned them into his fighting slaces as well as corrupting everything on water and land.

Mordremoth tried to recreate zoija, Logan and trehearne. Think of all the great warriors who have fallen and Zhaitan resurrect them back to full strength. Instead of fighting great armies and giant undead beasts. Imagine fighting Achillies on the ground, straight fear would come on everyone.

So if i had to realistically say which dragon was stronger i would of gone with zhaitan.

Your logic for Zhaitan easily implies all dragons. Jormag turnt a mountain range into a oceanic Fjord. Kralkatorrik was a mountain range when he slept, and I believe primordius could easily create volcanoes should he see fit.

kdaddy.5431

Your logic for Zhaitan easily implies all dragons. Jormag turnt a mountain range into a oceanic Fjord. Kralkatorrik was a mountain range when he slept, and I believe primordius could easily create volcanoes should he see fit.

Ohh of course, obviously strength of the dragon depends on power level.

Lets just say all the dragons are of equal strength. 1000 vit, 1000 strength etc etc etc.

Now you simply grade the varibles, Zhaitan has the ability to corrupt water/land/air and the undead. For instance the legendary megalodon or the legendary undead champion gorilla king.

Now i believe Zhaitain would lose in 1 vs 1 fights vs the other dragon since there powers are imbued with a element of power. A power that would come from great individual strength. Zhaitans greatest strength comes from a ability of just sheer numbers. Tyria right now has literally hundreds of great hero’s and in the story line how many champions of Orr did we face? 2-3 and then maybe 1-2 giant monsters. It was a very unrealistic fight.

If i could compare, i would say Zhaitan was a Queen Ant. To me the other dragons in line they would be lizards, chickens, spiders etc etc etc. A small ant colony has no chance but given time and once a army has risen. Even animals like dogs and cats fear ant hills. Zhaitan was a Queen Ant and she had a army, we are just playing a game where the story says it has to end now. Thats the only reason Zhaitan is dead.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

It will likely be whichever dragon we kill last, considering every dragon-kill we make only provides more magic to the remaining.

NSPride <3

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

Hands down Bubbles is the most dangerous because 98% of the player base has no idea how to handle underwater combat.

Amaimon.7823

Lets just say all the dragons are of equal strength. 1000 vit, 1000 strength etc etc etc.

Now you simply grade the varibles, Zhaitan has the ability to corrupt water/land/air and the undead. For instance the legendary megalodon or the legendary undead champion gorilla king.

Now i believe Zhaitain would lose in 1 vs 1 fights vs the other dragon since there powers are imbued with a element of power. A power that would come from great individual strength. Zhaitans greatest strength comes from a ability of just sheer numbers. Tyria right now has literally hundreds of great hero’s and in the story line how many champions of Orr did we face? 2-3 and then maybe 1-2 giant monsters. It was a very unrealistic fight.

If i could compare, i would say Zhaitan was a Queen Ant. To me the other dragons in line they would be lizards, chickens, spiders etc etc etc. A small ant colony has no chance but given time and once a army has risen. Even animals like dogs and cats fear ant hills. Zhaitan was a Queen Ant and she had a army, we are just playing a game where the story says it has to end now. Thats the only reason Zhaitan is dead.

Zhaitan ‘could’ win in numbers, but numbers need to be extreme, Icebrood and Destroyers are a lot stronger than risen on their level.

Posted by: Flop Sweat.3456

Flop Sweat.3456

I want so badly to agree that DSD would be the most powerful, but…

Revenant spear ability #2.

Graey Mance-Iron Legion Engineer.
There when you need him.

kdaddy.5431

Zhaitan ‘could’ win in numbers, but numbers need to be extreme, Icebrood and Destroyers are a lot stronger than risen on their level.

Yes thats right, they would have stronger pawns. Yet if you look at the champions Zhaitan can revive.

Lupi-Korga-Megalodon- and I and 3 Guild Mates did 3 Arah stories, at the end of the Forgotten path there is 5 Champion risen giants just guarding the area where you free the undead chicken.

The other dragons have limits. They need to turn something, for instance Jormag takes the women of the norn. Who knows, what they are used for but Jormag takes them for something.

Zhaitan can literally raise the greatest warriors ever from the dead. So yes the pawns of the other dragons will be stronger. Heck maybe even the lieutenants and champions but they wont have near as many as well has the different type.

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

Water is life. Our bodies are composed of water. Zhaitan can only corrupt dead bodies. Sea Dragon can potentially corrupt the entire ecosystem that life depends on.

Just putting it in perspective. :P

By that logic Primordus is the most dangerous. He corrupts cold lifeless stone into all sorts of kittened off magma creatures. He doesn’t even NEED an ecosystem so you can bet his endgame doesn’t involve anything surviving.

Posted by: sfxblade.3459

sfxblade.3459

I think Primordus is the most dangerous, even lorewise. He has been awake the longest (100years or so if not more),meaning more time to absorb magic, specially since he’s underground he is close to leylines. He pretty much threw out all the races living underground leaving alot of room for his armies. A million of destroyers could be below any part of tyria right now and nobody would know about it, until its too late.

Just take into consideration the fact that one of his champions was the demise of an entire race, and took the greatest heroes that Tyria had to kill him, the same heroes that fought against gods/liches/envoys had to reunite the charr/norn/dwarves/asura to fight this champion.

And he doesn’t need living beings to create an army, only fire and stone. I hope that we dont kill Primordus too quickly, i was actualy expecting him to be the last one we face.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

That’s a complete arbitrary question: They can make any dragon the ‘most dangerous’ they like. It’s a fictional story, so theorizing about it makes no sense.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Zhaitan obviously. He’s dead. But is he really? #canyoukillazombie?

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Definately Zhaitan for now, however my opinion might change. Even if u consider that the pact group wasn’t organised yet. And that some person in the story implied for modremoth to be more dangrous.

Zhaitans army still is the most organized. Zhaitan’s intelligence kept increasing throughout the story by having several champions. Adding deceased generals, corporals and leaders to it’s ranked and adding thier knowledge to it’s own while at the same time have experienced tacticians and strategist to plan his attacks. At the same time it has eyes everywhere throughout tyria by using the eyes of zhaitan.

Zhaitan’s most dangerous trait is simply his everincreasing intelligence. Zhaitan will Always gain knowledge in completely new areas before his other Dragon peers. He will be the first one to adapt and come up with some plans. Zhaitan’s intelligence is limited to what he can gets his hands on.

Modremoths sole advantage was that he’s the lands in maguuma itself. Even if u give him the advantage for infinite expansion land through ley lines. That in itself is actually a very telegraphed way of power growth. And thus it’s moves can be predicted easier.

At the same Modremoths’s army wasn’t as organized Zaithan. It consisted more of monsters, grunts and certain guerillia tactics bieng employed in the jungle. While Modremoth did get an epic blow in on an already semi organised pact. the lands and sylvari were the true problem here. It did some psychological warfare by attemping to create mistrust. But even that didn’t go far. As the pact easily countered by communicating with the sylvari, keeping the conversation open and in the worse case come to the Mutual agreement that if a sylvari loses it’s mind that death ensures. If that mistrust could reach more races then it might have a point. Zhaitan was a better deciever as it could make zombies pose as alive people as well..

I gotta give it to Zhaitan. It’s akin to playing chess with a kitten dragon.

kdaddy.5431

I think Primordus is the most dangerous, even lorewise. He has been awake the longest (100years or so if not more),meaning more time to absorb magic, specially since he’s underground he is close to leylines. He pretty much threw out all the races living underground leaving alot of room for his armies. A million of destroyers could be below any part of tyria right now and nobody would know about it, until its too late.

Just take into consideration the fact that one of his champions was the demise of an entire race, and took the greatest heroes that Tyria had to kill him, the same heroes that fought against gods/liches/envoys had to reunite the charr/norn/dwarves/asura to fight this champion.

And he doesn’t need living beings to create an army, only fire and stone. I hope that we dont kill Primordus too quickly, i was actualy expecting him to be the last one we face.

I can agree with this but with the way Anet has told the story lines so far i wouldnt be surprised if we just walked in and killed him and then went to play badmitten on the beach with Kas. So 1 reason i think Primordus couldnt be as strong (just for debate sake) is he has been at war with the dwarves as well as anything else living underground. (the end of the GW1 story) Maybe Primordus himself is far stronger then Zhaitan but i would still have to say Zhaitans army were far superior.

Logic says one to us and the story itself is say another. Like the comment right above this one. Multiple times during the HOT story people are saying that Mordremoth is stronger then Zhaitan but never explain why. Huge pet peeve trying to get into this story as well as Rytlock and others saying that DE 2.0 is better then the original Destinys Edge.

Its like Anet didnt even read there own stories with the books and explorable dungeons in GW2. Like I and my guild mates just did the Arah explorable dungeons and all they talk about was how strong these dragons were and how all the other races either ran or lost fighting the dragons.

I seriously expect them to say ohhh Primordus is the strongest dragon yet and we simply drown him in the earth and then the water dragon awakes, bam Expansion coming for only $100.

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

None!

Dragon complement each other and are obviously equal to each other. They all have the same amount of strengh and weakness. None of them is more dangerous than the others, they are all dangerous in there own way and I believe that is why the mastery system exist, it allow us to adapt ourselve to the threat that each dragon create. For example, at HoT release, if we hadn’t the poison mastery we couldn’t progress further in the story and that was a good thing even if it cause some people to rant. This miasma was a wall that represent the mordremoth threat.

If they weren’t all dangerous, the most dangerous would have destroy all the other dragons since they all fight each other for the same “food”.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

I have a theory: what happen if every dragon died:
1) We killed Zhaitan. The magic did not release after his death.
2)We killed Scarlet, who builded the Breachmaker and a lot of Ley Line came to Magus Falls.
3)The magic woke up Mordremoth.
4)When Mordremoth died, Ley Line spreaded out in 4 directions (North- some to Egg, some to Bloodstone, South- Primordus, East- I have a 2nd theory that ley line spread out in Lion’s Arch and some of it came to Jormag, some of it came to Kralkatorrik, West- Deep Sea Dragon.
5) ANet didn’t say that DSD will be the last Dragon to kill.
Look. In Ring of Fire we can see a lot of flame and the temperature of water is rising.
It could be a signal for DSD who will show himself finally.
6)Lazarus is more mysterious than Caithe. He consumes the Bloodstone’s power. And these 5 pieces of magic are very very powerful and if he will eat every Bloodstone, he will more powerful than Dragons. He wants Tyria and he wants rule over every race and… Dragons.
He said that Caudecus is stupid and that he is heretic, and Lazarus was right. White Mantle wants rule over any force in Tyria, but Caudecus wants Kryta and it is not compatible with the vocation of White Mantle. And Lazarus knows it. He needs magic and if he will eat 5 pieces of Bloodstone… I am not sure we will kill him…

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Oh come on. When did we ever “kill” Zhaitan? We poked him a bit and then he fell over and happened to die, presumably from the indignity of someone popping fireworks at him.

kittening Logan stayed alive better than an Elder Dragon, that kind of says alot about how dangerous they are.

Danger level level somewhere between a 300 year old turtle and an unshaven sheep.

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

This is the foto, and I think that the foto shows Zhaitan’s corpse.

Attachments:

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

kdaddy.5431

Oh come on. When did we ever “kill” Zhaitan? We poked him a bit and then he fell over and happened to die, presumably from the indignity of someone popping fireworks at him.

kittening Logan stayed alive better than an Elder Dragon, that kind of says alot about how dangerous they are.

Danger level level somewhere between a 300 year old turtle and an unshaven sheep.

LOL very nice

kdaddy.5431

very cool pic

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

He’s just resting his eyes.

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

I can agree with this but with the way Anet has told the story lines so far i wouldnt be surprised if we just walked in and killed him and then went to play badmitten on the beach with Kas. So 1 reason i think Primordus couldnt be as strong (just for debate sake) is he has been at war with the dwarves as well as anything else living underground. (the end of the GW1 story) Maybe Primordus himself is far stronger then Zhaitan but i would still have to say Zhaitans army were far superior.

Logic says one to us and the story itself is say another. Like the comment right above this one. Multiple times during the HOT story people are saying that Mordremoth is stronger then Zhaitan but never explain why. Huge pet peeve trying to get into this story as well as Rytlock and others saying that DE 2.0 is better then the original Destinys Edge.

Its like Anet didnt even read there own stories with the books and explorable dungeons in GW2. Like I and my guild mates just did the Arah explorable dungeons and all they talk about was how strong these dragons were and how all the other races either ran or lost fighting the dragons.

I seriously expect them to say ohhh Primordus is the strongest dragon yet and we simply drown him in the earth and then the water dragon awakes, bam Expansion coming for only $100.

Yeah I agree with stating that modremoth is more dangerous then zhaitan. The statement makes no sense given what zhaitan can do. And what it took to beat both dragons. However I think u can wave it away as an in character statement. Bassically an opinon given from the story itself. Rather then to treat this as a manga chapter and give the statement authortorial power. It’s prolly said just to create more hype for the next elder dragon.

I think it’s simply an opinon. Something I clearly disagree with.

kdaddy.5431

Yeah I agree with stating that modremoth is more dangerous then zhaitan. The statement makes no sense given what zhaitan can do. And what it took to beat both dragons. However I think u can wave it away as an in character statement. Bassically an opinon given from the story itself. Rather then to treat this as a manga chapter and give the statement authortorial power. It’s prolly said just to create more hype for the next elder dragon.

I think it’s simply an opinon. Something I clearly disagree with.

I agree but i feel we should express our concerns with the story line.

Like seriously we just killed a Elder Dragon, there first time EVER and tons of people died in your living story and the comments after defeating Zhaitan.

Its like Dragon Ball GT. Everyone loves Dragon Ball (GW1) and everyone loves Dragon kitten (GW2). Were they perfect? No, there was stuff we would like to see done better or told better or in a different way.

HOT story line is straight what is this? Caithe does soem crazy stuff they dont explain why and then she apologizes and then you are just odd. I did my HOT path to Mordemoth on my sylvari and the lines coming from his mouth took me threw a loop. These are my people suffering being manipulated and controlled and Canach of all people had more sympathy for them.

Then we get to the dragon part of this and power levels. Thats basically Anet saying ohhhh we created SS4 and SS god mode and thats the new story and your gonna like it. And i actually like seeing that most people agree that the Zhaitan Mordemoth comparison are similar to mine because i was sitting here going really really really really.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Bubbles

The ocean covers most of the planet and that which controls the waters controls the fate of all living things on land. Furthermore underwater combat is so neglected and underwater legendaries are so few no one could stand up to the fury that is bubbles right now.

Do the the spread of water over our planet it would also make sense for Bubbles to have the most access to ley lines and magical energies in general without needing to really compete since all the other dragons are on land.