Soul River Glider [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: anasantos.1263

anasantos.1263

Nice kittening on people! You know everyone wants that glider so get it together with a bunch of crap and make that the only available way to get it! Oh and don’t forget to kitten even more by saying its on offer! 2000 gems instead of 2850, Thank you so much! Turning into money hungry company I guess…. blizzard all the way

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I first saw this glider skin days ago in the hero panel and I was so happy, because it is the first glider skin I like. It was not in gemstore yet, but I thought I’d make sure to have some gems ready in advance, thinking it would be sold on its own like the exalted one… and it really should have been in my opinion…

I do not want the new outfit, I do not want the dye kit, I do not want the immortal weapon and I do not want a makeover kit…. the only thing I want is the glider… but now I can’t get it
I do not have enough gold or enough money in rl to afford the full appearance pack, not even considering that it would be a waste for me to buy when there is only 1 of the things I actually want.

The pack should be for a discount on the items combined, should still be able to get the items seperately too.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

ANET is monetizing on the skin fetish. What’s wrong?

373 gold or 35 greenbacks. Your call. This is ANET’s carefully crafted master plan.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

(edited by velmeister.4187)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yeah. Going to wait and see if it comes out separately.

I hope this isn’t ANet’s new thing, bundling items you want in with items you don’t.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

I have 3 thoughts to this

1) Normally, I really wouldn’t care too much about these bundled items IF there was a theme to them all (the last one Crystal arbiter? was a good example of a well thought out bundle).
This one looks to be a bunch of random items thrown together to justify the 2000 gem cost.

2) I really need to question if this is a wise move. How many glider skins would they have sold under the more reasonable 600-700 gem price if they were stand alone items (the same goes for the outfit).

3) I know for many converting 800 gp to gems from gold is relatively do-able. Converting gold to make 2K gems shrinks the percentage of those players able to convert gold/gems somewhat, thus forcing the decision to use real money or do without.

I’m on the fence as to if I will purchase this bundle. At 2K gems (at 30% off, no less) is not an impulse buy.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I really dislike these bundles as well, and hope they will put a stop to them. I will buy the Outfits, I will buy the Gliders (as I somewhat collect them)—I’d even potentially buy Immortal Weapons (though probably not, as I’m not a huge fan of their appearance)—but I don’t want to be forced into buying these frustrating customer unfriendly bundles, just to get the Outfit and Glider I want. At the very least, the first Shadow Dye I opened turned out to be a Shadow Abyss Dye.

Please, ArenaNet, stop with these bundles. Be a bit more customer friendly. Don’t make it so that there’s yet another thing I stop collecting (Minis, Finishers), meaning even less incentive for me to spend money regularly in the Gem Store.

PS: Why would you make the final raid boss a Gem Store-purchasable Miniature? All the other raid bosses has Account Bound Miniatures tied to the raid itself, meaning they are a way of showcasing that you have at least once, been a part of taking down that boss. This was a good kind of “prestige” item. One that is forever obtainable, but that must be earned. And one that you can get without needing to pray for Lyssa to keep her chaos away from your RNG, thanks to Magnetite Shards. You just made that aspect of the raids pointless. What’s next? Going to Gem Store off some Infusions with similar effects?

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Yeah, no, love the glider skin, but not the outfit.
At that point it’s not worth it, not even with the rest of it.

Not paying 2000 gems for a glider.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Now i wonder what bandits has to do with soul. That bundles ripoffs getting real tho. Can i earn some glider skins in game that i just idk..bought?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Lol, Bandit bundle.
I think I know who the real bandits are.

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

I was waiting for that glider, since i saw it in hero panel.. today i got hit right into face. Maybe ill act like a kid right now, but this was the last time i bought gems, since HoT anet lost their mind.
This doesnt even fit, glider and bandit outfit? And a raid miniature? WTF..

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I knew this was going to start being a thing, disgusting

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Please tell me they just forgot to include the individual items….I liked the other bundles fine and even bought a couple as they were beneficia for leveling and such. But this I cannot and will not support if they did this on purpose.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I’m not paying even 1 gem for something I don’t want or need.

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

This is horrible.

Have those individuals items on BLTC and THEN you can bundle them if you must -_-

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: Tiburon.8634

Tiburon.8634

Is the soul river glider the blue wispy thing? The first glider-outfit-detritus bundle at least tied together thematically.

Posted by: Fay.8167

Fay.8167

Aww, it’s the first thing in a long time that I planned to buy for gems.
Welp, no deal then.

Posted by: The Blind Man.3642

The Blind Man.3642

Can we get gliders to unlock in game by doing content? I don’t want to grind irl for money for gliders. I want to kick back at the end of a long work day and make progress on getting my glider in game...

Yak’s Bend Commander

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

We’re not allowed to only buy the things we want now. Gemstore got nerfed and customer freedom of choice nolonger exists.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t mind the bundles. I think they are fine. I do feel they should release the individual items (at their standard prices) as well, so people have their choice of what they desire.

I do think we’ll eventually see the Immortal Weapons for Black Lion tickets. We’ll probably also see the two outfits (for 700 gems each) eventually as well. It probably would have been better had they simply done both options at the same time though.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

Sorry Anet… I’m not spending 25 € in gems to get that bundle just to get an individual item from it.

Remember, Greed is a sin.

Posted by: Bysvyken.6235

Bysvyken.6235

So let down by this.

Came home hoping to see the glider skin on the gemstore, I’m fanboyish enough to drop 800gems on that kitten.

But part of a pack, with a completely unrelated and wholly undesirable (personally speaking) outfit… I cannot justify that to myself.

Going to have to vote with my wallet on this one and miss out on a gorgeous glider skin

Posted by: NecoDelero.5318

NecoDelero.5318

Completely agree. I was also looking forward to the glider and it would have been my first gem store purchase in a long time. No way I’m going to buy a bundle when I have zero interest in the other items.

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Makes the invisible glider bug seem far less important.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So…yet another thread to complain about the fact that the skin they desire is part of a bundle, and not available as a stand alone? Could we move these all into one thread? please?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Nice kittening on people! You know everyone wants that glider so get it together with a bunch of crap and make that the only available way to get it! Oh and don’t forget to kitten even more by saying its on offer! 2000 gems instead of 2850, Thank you so much! Turning into money hungry company I guess…. blizzard all the way

Imo: The days inmediatly after the expansion there wasnt nay problems to logg in, that means either its the best planned expansion ever or they didnt sell much.

So if you doesnt have great sales, you need to press for cash, in this case in detriment of future sells, since they are getting a bad reputation not slowly and in a continum. Hence the gemstore bundles moving forward more…

Posted by: kylania.6924

kylania.6924

So don’t buy it and let ANet know that you didn’t buy it because it’s forced in a bundle. Or buy it and complain and nothing will change.

Posted by: Ponch.1652

Ponch.1652

This is digusting , especially considering how lacklustre rewards have been including raids. Anet you should be ashamed of yourselves . I hope your greed and the broken state of this xpac turns people away .

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

In game rewards?? oh no no no that wont do. We have stockholders don’t you know!
I think we should only have one basic skin for everything unless it is unlocked with gems from the TP!!!
Stockholders would be happy and then Colin can have another Ferrari

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

The glider is awesome though, I bought it just for that, gained about 36g back from the dyes too and will prob use the outfit on some alts that are not finished yet, so I’m fine with it.

Posted by: Rebur.5698

Rebur.5698

Want the outfit myself and not the other things. If this is the way they are going to go from now on I will be heading for other games. This is no longer what I believed the game was going to be with the other problems I have with the game.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I too was looking forward to getting the glider. I had zero interest in either the mini as I don’t collect many and the outfit also does not interest me at all. So keeping the glider separate would’ve won me over.

But with the current trend being these bundles and additional items I have no interest in or don’t need nor wish to fork out cash for; I’ll sadly have to say no.

I’ve invested a considerable sum to clearly indicate I can choose for myself what I want or need and don’t need bundles. And like others, I won’t dump that much (2k gems) just to get 1 item. So again, no thanks.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

If they are going to leave it in the bundle it better be dye-able. and not in the kitten way crystal arbiter was.

(Black is the new purple, yellow/gold is the new orange, and white is a pale pink… >>)

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

Posted by: Brian.9524

Brian.9524

Yeah I am disappointed that this isn’t sold on its own. I also was really hoping we would be able to dye it in similar fashion to the Lunatic Guard Outfit flames.

Posted by: lobothegreat.3980

lobothegreat.3980

I’m extremely disappointed that this is in a bundle and not sold separately.

Posted by: Sylum.1806

Sylum.1806

I’ll buy the glider with cash. No gold-to-gem conversion for me. But no way am I spending a cent on the bundle even though I’ll gladly have another Immortal weapon skin. The reason is simple. Games such as these usually have more than one art team on the tab.

I work in a mobile game developer/publisher studio, and in just my branch office alone, there are three different art teams. Buying this bundle containing skins you do not like is tantamount to telling these art teams that it’s ok to churn out filler material, and they’ll still get paid anyway.

Send a strong signal that this manner of marketing will not be supported.

Posted by: anasantos.1263

anasantos.1263

Well they wont be getting any more of my money that is for sure. I did buy the Crystal one but it made sense, they had a common theme, this one… its just put together out of pure greed. Yes this is a ftp game and these things are purely cosmetic still they should not let their greed take control of their decisions. Very sure this thing wont sell that much. They should have sold the outfit and glider separate and also put the bundle together for people that want all these things. Its great if you want all the random stuff, I just wanted the glider. Especially when I was trying to save enough to upgrade to deluxe edition… guess that aint happening. Very disappointed with this company now.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I have around 1.4k gems left and was eager to buy this glider skin. But seeing it is bundled with stuff I clearly not want, I am not buying it. No, I wait and hope they will sell it separately for 600-700 gems like the other ones.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Fadhli.9086

Fadhli.9086

I would have bought the glider on its own but bundled with an outfit? Nope nope nope. Sales would definitely go up if they sell 6-piece gear skins instead of a lazy outfit IMO.

Chieftain Snuffy – Guardian
Founder | Smaash Gaming Community

Posted by: Mosferre.1246

Mosferre.1246

Either way, I would wait until Black Friday

I came, I saw, I continued watching as I’m a newbie…

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Yeah sorry ANet this is pretty poor form. I was gonna get the glider without a doubt and the shadow dyes and makeover kit I mean, they’re kind of appealing but I seriously don’t want the outfit or those weapons. I’m not paying 2000 gems when the only thing I want is only worth 400.

Think I’ll stick to my Exalted Glider, which you know, should have been an in-game reward

noice

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

My general response to the bundle:

• The Soul River glider creeps me out. Non-starter.
  • The Sniper outfit I wanted. Until the horrid clipping on Charr. If the toxic alliance-era gas mask can account for ears and other helms account for horns, why can we not get headgear designs to account for both? And then there’s the shoe clipping. Toeclaws go right through the buckles. …Y’all didn’t even try.
  • I don’t need RNG dyes.
  • I have enough Makeover Kits that I don’t use. I don’t need another.

I was actually considering getting the bundle, at first, but the poor quality issues and extraneous fluff make it a no-go.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

My general response to the bundle:

• The Soul River glider creeps me out. Non-starter.
  • The Sniper outfit I wanted. Until the horrid clipping on Charr. If the toxic alliance-era gas mask can account for ears and other helms account for horns, why can we not get headgear designs to account for both? And then there’s the shoe clipping. Toeclaws go right through the buckles. …Y’all didn’t even try.
  • I don’t need RNG dyes.
  • I have enough Makeover Kits that I don’t use. I don’t need another.

I was actually considering getting the bundle, at first, but the poor quality issues and extraneous fluff make it a no-go.

Yeah, charr horrible clipping outfit olny for 2k gems..xd
Sry devs, i wont support this robbery. HoT is the last expansion i bought.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Gonna +1 the sale of glider skins separately.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Rem.7426

Rem.7426

I hate this ripoff schemes… as many of you, I only want the glider. I gave up complaining and started to farm gold, i need about 100 more, but now it’s saying that the sale will end soon… What is this… Really? So the price is going up and by the time i get to buy 2000 gems, the thing will cost 2850. And I don’t care for any of the other items in the pack!! It’s the only decent looking glider skin, along with the preorder one and maybe the bat wings… the rest is not even a thing of taste, along with all the new black lion ticket weapons… what strategy is this, anyone can design better skins. I hope Anet will sell this thing separate from that useless overpriced pack. Stuff like this make me look in another direction (game wise)…

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

This glider should be sold separately. I don’t want anything else that is in the pack for the price asked. If it becomes a separate item I would buy it.

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Necro’d thread, but here’s my 2 copper. I love the skin, and if or when it goes on sale separately and not within the bundle, I’ll buy it for sure.

I’ve talked to a bunch of people that want it, but can’t afford the entire bundle. I can afford it, but I don’t want to have to buy things I don’t want or need just to get the glider.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

I bought the bundle for 2000. Well digging the soul river glider, goes well with a mistward dressed revenant. And I needed a makeover kit. Only weak thing is the bandit skin.

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

why do you guys wanna buy a glider that obviously should be a raid drop