Specializations doesn't work!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

Just saying imo if your going to add something like specializations that’s great if done correctly but without choice your just killing the personalization even further. If Specialization was added with say ideally 3 branches to choose from it would’ve been a major hit and big crowd puller including bringing back the massive amounts of players that have left the game or on long breaks. Its not specialization if its the only option you have because it becomes a further advancement instead.
Please Arenanet stop wrecking what made you what you are by leaving all the great progress you have mad in GW1 behind. Example, Elementalist 3 specialization options, Shape shifter, storm caller, summoner etc, utilise the armour building options in GW1 along with skill stat point allocation so people can create in depth fully personalized characters the keep them logging in. Stop throwing around new ideas when you’ve already got the formula.

Posted by: Ezekel.6394

Ezekel.6394

You know you can leave anytime you want, nobody is forcing you to play GW2 or to whine on the forums about it not being the game you wanted.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

If Specialization was added with say ideally 3 branches to choose from it would’ve been a major hit and big crowd puller including bringing back the massive amounts of players that have left the game or on long breaks. Its not specialization if its the only option you have because it becomes a further advancement instead.

Except with Specializations, you have 5 branches to choose from (6 when HoT launches and more in the future).

Unless you mean Elite Specializations, in which more of them will be added in the future.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I think the op wants 3 branches with 3 choices in each core specializations

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

I think the op wants 3 branches with 3 choices in each core specializations

I’m not sure without clarification from the OP, but it sounds like they are comparing it to the five attributes available to GW1 classes. In which case that is almost exactly what we are getting with two differences.

1. You choose 3 “branches” instead of allocating points.

2. You choose multiple bonuses instead of getting a single, flat bonus applied to affected skill types.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m not sure without clarification from the OP, but it sounds like they are comparing it to the five attributes available to GW1 classes. In which case that is almost exactly what we are getting with two differences.

2. You choose multiple bonuses instead of getting a single, flat bonus applied to affected skill types.

While ANet did use some of the GW stat names for GW2 trait/specialization lines, GW2 specs will be much more derivative of standard MMO traits/talents than anything in GW. Oh, and 8 of 10 GW classes had 4 stats, not 5. The only ones with 5 were Warrior and Elementalist.

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

While ANet did use some of the GW stat names for GW2 trait/specialization lines, GW2 specs will be much more derivative of standard MMO traits/talents than anything in GW. Oh, and 8 of 10 GW classes had 4 stats, not 5. The only ones with 5 were Warrior and Elementalist.

You missed the entire point….

Regardless of whether names are the same or whether you have 4 or 5 choices available, the point is that you can make multiple choices from a pool.

yakuza snowdragon.4639

You know you can leave anytime you want, nobody is forcing you to play GW2 or to whine on the forums about it not being the game you wanted.

I’ve been playing GW1-2 for about 7 years so voicing my opinion is more then fair and looking at your posts all you do is troll other peoples. How about go annoy someone else.

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

I really do not get what the complaint is about…

Each class has 5 core specs and 1 elite. You can choose 3 of those 6… On each line you can pick 1 of 3 major traits for a total of 3 choices per line… So correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s a hell of a lot of choices per character. Even though mathematically it’s less choice than before, from the looks of the new traits the viable build options will increase while allowing for a more streamlined experience.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Considering you haven’t played it, I don’t think I’m going to value your opinion on this very highly.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

If Specialization was added with say ideally 3 branches to choose from it would’ve been a major hit and big crowd puller including bringing back the massive amounts of players that have left the game or on long breaks. Its not specialization if its the only option you have because it becomes a further advancement instead.

Except with Specializations, you have 5 branches to choose from (6 when HoT launches and more in the future).

Unless you mean Elite Specializations, in which more of them will be added in the future.

think the point of OP was that you shouldn’t launch elite specs until you have more than one per class. i agree. with every new GW1 expansion (not that GW1 was the standard bearer…i vastly prefer GW2) came 2 new classes…..there could/should have been 2 elite specs added to HoT, so that everyone didn’t simply flock to the singular new toy…..and the players who waited so long for an expansion had more to play with.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

yakuza snowdragon.4639

think the point of OP was that you shouldn’t launch elite specs until you have more than one per class. i agree. with every new GW1 expansion (not that GW1 was the standard bearer…i vastly prefer GW2) came 2 new classes…..there could/should have been 2 elite specs added to HoT, so that everyone didn’t simply flock to the singular new toy…..and the players who waited so long for an expansion had more to play with.

Thank you, point exactly. I’m not talking about traits im talking about dragon hunter or blah blah mancer etc.