Spirit vale first boss, help.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: jacceb.7918

jacceb.7918

So this is what i know about him.

Phase 1

Just kite him around in one of the 3 zones while at the same time stacking in all the green areas that pop outs. When he hits 55-60% phase 2 starts.

Phase 2

Split into 3 groups as soon as he becomes invuln. 1 group for each zone. Blue,green and red. 1 guardian will spawn in each zone that every group needs to face. Going out of your area after you have been assigned to it will cause damage on you, so you can barely help other groups.

Blue group: Needs a guy with boon strips(pref mesmer) and needs to be atleast 3 people to take all the green areas in the zone.

Green group: Needs high dps as the only thing that guardian does is teleport you.

Red group: Needs condition damage, cause that’s the only thing that will damage him.

Phase 3

I think phase 3 is like phase 1 but with added mechanics(you still have to keep running for all the green areas)
The only new thing i know about this phase is you should cc him when he does an attack where he shoots electric balls over the entire map. He pretty much kills us all pretty instantly so i don’t know anything more about phase 3. We have only been alive for 30 seconds max in that phase. Can anyone fill me in about phase 3 and the rest of the boss?:P Would really appreciate it.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

In phase 3 the one that has the attention of the boss needs to kite him from floor area to floor area because the floor will start glowing and deal about 2k damage per second to anyone standing on it. The entire blue/red/green glows at a time, so you need to kite the boss to another part of the floor because if the green circle spawns on the glowing part of the floor it’s a raid wipe. Even if the team manages to get to it in time, they will die by the damage over time.

Also, keep in mind that the damage is armor ignoring, but doesn’t scale with your vitality, it’s always 2k damage, so some characters with high vitality/health might be able to survive it. If someone is downed on the glowing floor, it’s best to ignore them, if you go to save them, you will also die, unless you have good healing/health.

So in summary the special mechanic of phase 3 is the electrified floor that you need to avoid. The electric orb attack is easy to dodge/avoid and you only have to CC him to break the breakbar to continue the fight, that’s more easily manageable, the glowing floor is the main issue.

jacceb.7918

In phase 3 the one that has the attention of the boss needs to kite him from floor area to floor area because the floor will start glowing and deal about 2k damage per second to anyone standing on it. The entire blue/red/green glows at a time, so you need to kite the boss to another part of the floor because if the green circle spawns on the glowing part of the floor it’s a raid wipe. Even if the team manages to get to it in time, they will die by the damage over time.

Also, keep in mind that the damage is armor ignoring, but doesn’t scale with your vitality, it’s always 2k damage, so some characters with high vitality/health might be able to survive it. If someone is downed on the glowing floor, it’s best to ignore them, if you go to save them, you will also die, unless you have good healing/health.

So in summary the special mechanic of phase 3 is the electrified floor that you need to avoid. The electric orb attack is easy to dodge/avoid and you only have to CC him to break the breakbar to continue the fight, that’s more easily manageable, the glowing floor is the main issue.

In other words, phase 3 is also the last phase? (Thanks for answer btw)

Posted by: Raelag Arkhen.6347

Raelag Arkhen.6347

Nah, there are 5 phases

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

We spent an hour on part three, before i got bored and needed to go farm something.

jacceb.7918

Nah, there are 5 phases

It’s gonna be a loooong day

Posted by: Raelag Arkhen.6347

Raelag Arkhen.6347

We spent an hour on part three, before i got bored and needed to go farm something.

Have you been able to easily survive his enrage mode?

Posted by: Nekomi.9562

Nekomi.9562

Phase 1:
Tank hugs the side of the pillar.
Have all DPS stack on the mushroom you’re fighting in.
Have your 4 Condi focus Green AoE.
Have your mesmer focus the seekers (Temporal Curtain? Skill)
so they stack far away and explode while others like warrior can use WILD BLOW to move them away if they get too close to the mushroom.

Phase 2: You split up your group into parties of
4: Blue Boon Strippers and CC
3: Green DPS and CC
3: Red CONDI and CC

Phase 3: Pretty straight forward…
Immediately CC and lure onto RED then as soon as the AoE on green vanishes move there otherwise you’re stuck with GREEN AoE in the AoE wipe. Repeat in a circle.

Phase 4: Same as Phase 2

Phase 5: Same as phase 3 just now It’s Green/Blue, Blue/Red Red/Green rotations.

If there is evil in this world… It lurks in the hearts of men.

jacceb.7918

Phase 1:
so they stack far away and explode while others like warrior can use WILD BLOW to move them away if they get too close to the mushroom.

Immediately CC and lure onto RED then as soon as the AoE on green vanishes move there otherwise you’re stuck with GREEN AoE in the AoE wipe. Repeat in a circle.

Phase 5: Same as phase 3 just now It’s Green/Blue, Blue/Red Red/Green rotations.

So you should stack on the speed shrooms?

jacceb.7918

Phase 1:

And also so the perfect party would be something like 4 condis, 1 mesmer with boon strips, 1 druid and 4 dps?

Nekomi.9562

Phase 1:

And also so the perfect party would be something like 4 condis, 1 mesmer with boon strips, 1 druid and 4 dps?

We found that Tempest running Soldiers with zerk trinkets si the best for tanking due to all the sustain skills and perm-protection it can run with horn.

So…

2 Zerks
1 Druid
4 Condi (2 engies prefered and a scepter necro and condi ranger)
2 Revs put in each party
Chrono for boonstrip + seeker duty
Last class being a extra DEEP unless it’s good then a condi.

Nekomi.9562

Phase 1:

Just your melee deeps, the condis running AoE green should grab when they finish the duty.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Why not guardian for boon strip? I can remove 2 condi’s per one shout with my trooper runes. + wings of resolve remove 3 condis and one of the shouts remove all the condis… the problem is only with Feel My Wrath, which is bugged as Trooper runes are not counted towards it

Posted by: JhaiCee.8463

JhaiCee.8463

What we did last night for about 5hrs run is a good info for us, even wiping us for like 10-11x , dying in the raid gives us what mechanics does the boss do, we manage to get up to phase 3 but we die instantly since its the first or 2nd time we got into phase 3 that we don’t even know the mechanics to it. but what we did on Phase 1 was just try to dps the boss and one of our tanks just pulled/maintaining the aggro on him and just went on the side of the entire area while the rest are going for the green circle and also why I think to pull the boss on the side of the map is to see the boss in one place and the green circle which I have to keep track on it so that I can call for the greens, eventually the tactic work because the green circles spawn near/mid area the boss while the dps team continue to hit the boss since the boss isn’t moving around and I (Tempest water healer) does only need to put healing fountain on the tank and focus on the entire 8 raid members . Once the boss (vale guardian) hp drops around 55-60% hp , the boss starts to cast the 3 colored guardians which is the red,blue and green that indicates the Phase 2 starts, the casting for the 3 guardians I think is about 2-3 seconds , so we have a bit time to get to our designated targets which I’m on the blue team (Blue guardian are) , blue boss needs strip boons and cc to damage it so we put 4 people in it including me tempest-water healer to keep my team alive, even though I don’t have strip boons I keep track on their HP bars and green circle too while we have to dodge the green flying blue annoying orb (looks wisp), our red team (red guardian area) we put 2 necro’s that has strong condi damage with cc while kiting the red seeker, then the green team ( green guardian area) is just basically dps and cc. After that, what we do (which our mistakes on the past 5-6 phase 2) is keep the guardians away from each other and keep them near their pylons/pillars to keep us safe from their AoE which only gonna happen when you let the guardians get a little bit close to each other (insta wipe) . Now on Phase 3 , what I only see and know about it the floor is glowing and there’s more seekers and the wisp type orbs, I don’t know what the glowing floor do , but what I think is the tank suppose to be in it with the boss while the other 9 members are on the opposite side of the glowing floor ( still keep tracking on the green circles) . and then we got wipe for no reason, maybe because we don’t know the mechanics of the Phase 3 yet.

Well this is what I thought and think while playing in the raid for 5-6hrs raid and gonna try again later or so. Just wanna share the info that I gather last night while on the raid since everyone is struggling to get past the first boss.

~ Sorry for bad grammar/english lol
Heads up , Fighting! \o/

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Mortifer.2946

Amazing! That end was so funny though

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Why not guardian for boon strip? I can remove 2 condi’s per one shout with my trooper runes. + wings of resolve remove 3 condis and one of the shouts remove all the condis… the problem is only with Feel My Wrath, which is bugged as Trooper runes are not counted towards it

Boon strip and condi removal are two different things. Guardians aren’t so hot at stripping enemy boons. But are awesome at condition removal.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Mortifer.2946

Boon strip and condi removal are two different things. Guardians aren’t so hot at stripping enemy boons. But are awesome at condition removal.

Oh! Yeah… I confused those two… sorry. If I may ask, do you think raiding parties will find a role for guardian? I don’t feel like raiding if not :-/