[Spoiler]HoT Story Ending weapon reward...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

So we got a broken Caladbolg, do we get to fix it with a collection or something? I was checking the rewards and I couldn’t see if I got a collection unlocked with it.

Also, isn’t it weird that it’s a sword instead of a greatsword?

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

I was actually very upset it wasn’t a greatsword. You know, considering Caladbolg is a greatsword and all.

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

I finished the story on my reaper, so you can imagine my reaction as well

Posted by: Martyr.1920

Martyr.1920

I also want to know this, maybe a mystic forge recipe?

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

Yep. It’s cool. It’s cool that it’s broken.

It’s NOT cool that it’s a 1-h sword(assuming there is no way to fix it). Well before the xpac came out I was thinking; Traeherne’s a Necromancer, Caladbolg is a Greatsword. Reapers are getting Greatswords. Wouldn’t it be awesome if we got Caladbog?

I’m pretty confident that at some point we’ll be able to fix it though.

Posted by: Maridot.9084

Maridot.9084

You can put the Broken Caladbolg into the Mystic Forge. Which might contain a recipe to fix it.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I bet that Caladbolg will be the new legendary greatsword and the precursor for it will require this broken piece as part of the collection, even if it is just a one handed sword now.

But we’ll just have to wait and see once they announce more legendaries.

Posted by: Jack.5012

Jack.5012

You can put the Broken Caladbolg into the Mystic Forge. Which might contain a recipe to fix it.

You can also place 3 other rares with it and forge 4 rares together like normal, so that might just be that.

Gunnar’s Hold Guardian Jackary

Posted by: Wynn The Charmer.2510

Wynn The Charmer.2510

Maybe Caladbolg might be upgraded to legendary status for greatsword and we have to do the scavenger hunt for it? In a way it would make sense that they didn’t roll out with all the legendaries or advertise it at the start to avoid spoilers. Can’t say if it would be the greatsword we get, but it’d awesome.

Posted by: tyler.2569

tyler.2569

I was so stoked to get this sword: it was my favorite moment of HoT. But then to find out it was one handed, and didn’t have any of the particles effects was such a huge let down. This sword is a piece of Tyrian history, and one that I am intimately tied to — that being because I am the Pact Commander and all — and I would like to yield it. I hope we can somehow upgrade this sword to its Greatsword status, even if still broken, and get those particle effects that it had during the story.

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I’m expecting that it’ll be used as a first tier precursor for a new legendary sword, maybe even a choice between a sword and greatsword.

Posted by: NecroN.8306

NecroN.8306

Right now it’s just worthless junk taking up valuable pack/bank space. Oh and thank you Anet for the rehashed Zhaitan/Invasion of the body snatchers rip-off story.