[Spoilers] Some thoughts on the story ending

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

This post will obviously contain spoilers. Lot’s of them. Don’t read ahead if you haven’t finished the story yet and don’t want to know these things in advance.

Didn’t encounter any game breaking bugs.

The strange, rotating structure you have to climb before the last mission made me motion sick. It’s cool, though. Combo fields place onto the “ground” do not rotate with it.

I took Canach and Braham with me. Played everything with a Mesmer, roughly 80% berserker, 20% soldier’s gear.

The fight against Eir. Interaction with Braham is really nicely done, but either I suck at damage or it could use some tuning. She must have revived Garm at least 5 times so it started getting tedious after a while.

Fight against Canach was interesting, didn’t get it at first. I am supposed to stand below his shield dome that will reflect the stun grenades back at the evil Canach and then nuke the hell out of him while he’s stunned? That did work once and then never again, I just wore him down slowly and painfully. Not sure if it’s supposed to be like that.

Mordremoth was an incredibly fun fight but very easy. Guess it’s tuned ok. Couple of things with that one. There is a phase when everything goes boom and Braham(?) shouts to get into the air or get shielding. I didn’t find any place to get flying first. Burned through distortions and managed to get stuck at the edge of the plateau somehow. There seems to be an invisible wall or something around the place that obviously has holes.

The updrafts aren’t visible very well. I only stumbled over them when I suddenly got a “press f to jump” (or something like that) hint. My suggestion would be to place a marker arrow on them like in Silverwastes when a fort command falls, but that would probably look incredibly bad. Maybe better to have them active all the time during the encounter so you can learn your way around the place in the beginning when not that much is going on.

The adds in the final phase of the fight are rather boring. At first I thought “what the” when so many spawned but they do almost zero damage. Mordremoth should have employed those pesky pocket raptors instead. Maybe include one veteran, as it is now you can just ignore the whole army.

Trahearne’s sword you get at the end is a one-handed sword? The description reads greatsword and I can remember it looking like one when he wielded it.

I was sad that there were no end credits. The soundtrack is superb and I really hoped for something like in Fort Trinity at the end of the main story.

All that, of course, are really just minor things. The feeling was epic in my opinion.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

The lack of an afterparty like the vanilla story had also kinda left me… With a feeling of lacking.