Stop complaining

Stop complaining

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: BaconReaper.5719

BaconReaper.5719

Can I just say, after HOT release this forum has been so negative, you guys set your hopes too high. And, to the people who have 30+ mastery points and have finished the story, you need to stop rushing things. One other thing, THE STORY HAS BEEN RUINED FOR ME, because SOME people don’t put spoiler tags on the spoilers. So thanks, ?I now know the ending.

Stop complaining

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I’m sorry this has happened to you some people in my guild just blurted out the spoilers which caused a few of our members to leave. Like they’d say “OMG I can’t believe so-and-so did this!” it is infuriating how little consideration people can have.

Stop complaining

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

No, that’s not true. You must have not visited forum often. Offical forum is easily the most toxic and offensive part of the Guild Wars 2 community. There are thread hating on everything in the game from the game as a whole to a rat in Black Citadel(I’m not even joke there is literally thread complain about rat). Forum was always the first one to complain when everything changes ni matter good or bad.

So What eles did you expect when expansion comes out and changed the whole game.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Stop complaining

Posted by: Valentine.4286

Valentine.4286

No, that’s not true. You must have not visited forum often. Offical forum is easily the most toxic and offensive part of the Guild Wars 2 community. There are thread hating on everything in the game from the game as a whole to a rat in Black Citadel(I’m not even joke there is literally thread complain about rat). Forum was always the first one to complain when everything changes ni matter good or bad.

So What eles did you expect when expansion comes out and changed the whole game.

On a side note, do you have a link to the rat complaint? Got very curious

Stop complaining

Posted by: Absynia.2679

Absynia.2679

That could be said for any game really. I never really bother with making an opinion on new content till I’ve played through it enough times and whiners will whine even when all they can whine about is not having anything to really whine about. What people want is a button to give them everything and the availability to say ‘but now I’m bored and everything was easy.’

There is no stopping it, there is no mollifying people, you just gatta be aware and make sure not to get hit with the poop they are flinging.

Stop complaining

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Can I just say, after HOT release this forum has been so negative, you guys set your hopes too high. And, to the people who have 30+ mastery points and have finished the story, you need to stop rushing things. One other thing, THE STORY HAS BEEN RUINED FOR ME, because SOME people don’t put spoiler tags on the spoilers. So thanks, ?I now know the ending.

Oh my dear BaconReaper, you should know better than to visit a forum if you want to avoid spoilers, you really should. But the silver lining is that now you do know.

Also thank you for your topic, I am ever such a fan of irony.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Stop complaining

BaconReaper.5719

Oh my dear BaconReaper, you should know better than to visit a forum if you want to avoid spoilers, you really should. But the silver lining is that now you do know.

Also thank you for your topic, I am ever such a fan of irony.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Do-NOT-post-SPOILERS

Stop complaining

BaconReaper.5719

I vist the forums probably once a day when it was getting close to the release. there was never this much negativity.

Stop complaining

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

From my experience most of the negativity I’ve seen has been directed my way for finding the open world to difficult, ah well guess the hardcores get everything now; I’m investing in other game companies now.

Stop complaining

Posted by: assasin oates.3018

assasin oates.3018

No. We have a right to complain. Man up. The HoT expac is disappointing and flawed and I will point out when and where

Stop complaining

BaconReaper.5719

No. We have a right to complain. Man up. The HoT expac is disappointing and flawed and I will point out when and where

Oh yes, everyone wants to hear you complain. Makes it oh so pleasant.

Stop complaining

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

To be fair he does have a point. As consumers it is their right to express approval or disapproval at the product sold to them. If it was given out for free I’d be on the side of “don’t complain ever” but it wasn’t so let them complain. We’ve already gotten some good changes out of that feedback such as removing Itzel Tier 4 from progressing the story and fractals being “improved”. People are still skeptical of that last one, to be fair…I am too.

Stop complaining

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

And how does your whole thread about complaing about complainers makes you any better? Your sarcasm doesn’t help your cause either here.

Stop complaining

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

You know expansion wasn’t very well executed when even the people who didn’t buy it complains.

And no, core players aren’t talking about that expansion buyers having an advantage over core, but the fact that ANet took Core mechanics, nerfed/removed them, reworked them and but them behind the purchase (ex. guild boons, fractal loot, guild improvements in WvW).

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

Stop complaining

Posted by: rojoka.5976

rojoka.5976

Here are some pretty good ideas on criticism by Raph Koster (long time game developer).
http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

most developers should think about this.

Stop complaining

Posted by: assasin oates.3018

assasin oates.3018

Regardless on whether you want to hear it or enjoy what I am saying I still have that right.

Stop complaining

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Obligatory complaint thread about people complaining.

Stop complaining

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

People can complain because they payed money for the game and they are not satisfied.
Thus I complain about your post complaining about the people complaining.

Stop complaining

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Here are some pretty good ideas on criticism by Raph Koster (long time game developer).

Nice. I especially liked this bit.

“People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is."

Food for thought. I’d much rather that people like the OP detail what they like and why about the game than that they kitten about others’ feedback.

Stop complaining

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

To be fair, almost everything new implemented was either very short, or very broken and unbalanced. I would have gladly waited another month or 2 for the expansion if Fractal rewards were fixed, collections were fixed, a longer story, guild hall upgrades weren’t intended to drain thousands of gold from the guild as the sole way to upgrade, scribing was more consistent with other crafting professions (on a side note, scribing is so expensive you need the entire guild to help fund a scriber in your guild. Bad news if that person stops playing or decides to leave the guild, you are back to the drawing board), guild missions being almost completely messed up, and so on. You can’t be upset at people who paid anywhere from 50-100 dollars to play an expansion where only the basics work. Should I also mention that WvW is more or less dead at this time as well?

Stop telling people to not be upset, this is dumb. We paid a lot of money for a product that was rushed, wasn’t checked well enough prior to release, and even at times hurts the core purchase players who did not get HoT by removing things they used to be able to do.

The game is also a giant grind between obtaining mastery points in tyria, obtaining mastery points in maguuma, farming the hero points on every alt you have (which for some is a lot), farming millions upon millions of exp for masteries which force you to do the same events over, and over, and over because they made it so that those were pretty much the only ways to get experience in maguuma. We were promised that HoT would not be a grind, but besides making masteries account bound after you do eventually unlock them, is a lie.

Stop complaining

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

I fall asleep in every story, the amount of unskippable talk between NPC’s is tedious in the extreme.

You didn’t have to read all the posts if you felt that there was a story and it was worth listening to.

Stop complaining

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Nice. I especially liked this bit.

“People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is."

Food for thought. I’d much rather that people like the OP detail what they like and why about the game than that they kitten about others’ feedback.

Raph Koster made the best sandbox MMO ever made. ArenaNet could learn a thing or five thousand things from him about how to design a guild hall. The guild hall should just be a huge sandbox for guildies to play in. Instead it’s a time-gated, money and material sink first with fun and fellowship placed near the low rung of the ladder in terms of priority.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall