Stop nerfing the content

Stop nerfing the content

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Enigma.8594

Enigma.8594

Or trow a strawpoll ingame or something because it is begining to get on my nerves that a vocal minority ruins a game for everyone

Stop nerfing the content

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Can you prov it’s a vocal minority?
The way i see it it’s a vocal minority elitist trying to make the game cater for them.
if you want a pure hardcore game then this game is not for you.

[edit] or go play Fractals if you want a challenge.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Stop nerfing the content

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Pleeease, ANet! It is going to take me two whole daaays to beat HoT! Please nerf difficulty. Hero Points too OP! I keep dying in zerk Armour. Too Hard! Not Fair!

:)

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Stop nerfing the content

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I can’t imagine Anet are actually basing these nerfs over forum cries. They likely have access to metrics that show them that a lot of people were struggling to get past certain events/challenges etc within a given time frame and therefore Anet has “adjusted” content to keep the community pace up. I guess that’s just how it goes.

On a personal note, it’s disappointing for sure as it eventually just undermines and devalues the experience as it becomes more and more trivialised over time by community sharing and general playerbase understanding anyway. A bit like the poor fate of dungeons/Orr

Gandara

Stop nerfing the content

Posted by: Tungsten Monarch.6058

Tungsten Monarch.6058

Perhaps the OP is right, perhaps every fight with every Champion should be a 3 hour life or death fight where the Champion 1 shots you in either Sentinels gear or Knight’s gear. Perhaps A Net should just get rid of healing too. /sarcasm

Stop nerfing the content

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Please give people like this a “Hard Mode” option then they can shut the kittten up.

Stop nerfing the content

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I can’t imagine Anet are actually basing these nerfs over forum cries. They likely have access to metrics that show them that a lot of people were struggling to get past certain events/challenges etc within a given time frame and therefore Anet has “adjusted” content to keep the community pace up. I guess that’s just how it goes.

Yep as I keep saying anet is in the perfect position to make an informed decision, something the elitists should realise.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Stop nerfing the content

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

Hard mode is already available to everyone. Simply take off all your ascended armor, your exotics, change from the cookie cutter meta build and use something different, wear green armor and use a different weapon. Voila! Instant hard mode everywhere you go.

Stop nerfing the content

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Hard mode is already available to everyone. Simply take off all your ascended armor, your exotics, change from the cookie cutter meta build and use something different, wear green armor and use a different weapon. Voila! Instant hard mode everywhere you go.

QFT

You want hardmode? Stop complaining that people have gotten things nerfed and just handicap yourself. You always use a greatsword? Use a mace and shield now and go do the content only with that and never weapon swap, BAM hardmode activated.

Very VERY few people are ever willing to do a survivor run. You can only use what you get from loot, you can buy nothing, you aren’t allowed to repair, and no crafting. Now go 1-80 and then right into HoT this way. You’ll be lucky to have any exotics at all this way, good chances you sure aren’t wearing armor that is in any way tuned for any spec. Remember you cannot buy anything so very good chances you don’t even have a full compliment of rings/amulet/trinkets/backpack.
Survivor runs are always fun experiments. And it is always amusing to see how quickly those saying they want a challenge back away or just pale at the thought of playing a game that way to really handicap yourself and have a true challenge. Finding a build that functions regardless of your armor is tough at times, and of course the fact you are nigh guaranteed to be using different weapons often as you simply cannot find an upgrade to your preferred one.

My last run doing it this way half my armor was level 60 or below when I hit 80 as I just couldn’t ever get drops and my weapons were ones I hated using but it’s all I ever found, had weapons just shatter mid fight as well. Now walk into HoT equipped that way and tell me you won’t be noticing the effect. Even “nerfed” you would still be pressed being so under geared…that being the point of it, to actually challenge yourself in ways that don’t negatively impact others. If others are having trouble as is and they nerf it, then handicap yourself. you only have yourself to blame if you run around in full ascended and complain. Switch to a set of full green and go at it, use all level 55-60 items, go full survivor mode and lack the ability o ever pick your prefix on gear. So many ways to challenge yourself.

…and no, I am not some amazing player. I just know how to challenge myself if I really want to regardless of hat the game may provide to do it.

Stop nerfing the content

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

Self imposed challenges =/= difficult content. If you think it’s that simple you’re kind of narrow minded.

That said, catering to what their players feel they need isn’t bad in and of itself. I just hope it’s not some slippery slope that ends with free twilights for everyone.

Stop nerfing the content

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

Self imposed challenges =/= difficult content. If you think it’s that simple you’re kind of narrow minded.

That said, catering to what their players feel they need isn’t bad in and of itself. I just hope it’s not some slippery slope that ends with free twilights for everyone.

This will never end with free Twilights for everyone, and anyone who thinks that is being overdramatic/paranoid. Legendaries are a huge gold sink, and Anet makes money off of those. They will never simply hand them out for free. Heck, their response to people complaining about how frustrating it is to have to depend on RNG to get a precursor was to make a recipe that costs almost as much as buying a precursor to begin with.

What you’re missing (and what OP is missing) is that Anet is striving for a sweet spot that will keep players playing. Yeah, free legendaries would be nice, but legendaries aren’t necessary to most players’ continued enjoyment of the game. However, most players like being able to play the game with their full class, and they like having flexibility in how they approach content. A lot them also dislike dying all the time, and having to navigate huge confusing maps that seem barren just to end up at a HC that they can’t access, or do themselves, or even with a buddy. Those are things that roadblock player progress, and players who feel like they’re not able to progress at all are less likely to come back.

So, by adjusting some of the content down a bit (it’s still far from a cakewalk), Anet is ensuring that more players are satisfied rather than continuing to cater to a narrow audience of hardcore players who are only happy when they’re either forever on the edge of death, or able to lord their ability to mindlessly parrot each other’s talking points (“You can’t just press 1 squawk zerkers won’t do.”) over players who would rather just play the game and have some fun.

Stop nerfing the content

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

Don’t get me wrong, I wholeheartedly agree with what you just said. But Anet need to be careful about draining all of the challenge from the game, and not being pushovers either. There have to be some things in which Anet needs to stand firm no matter how much people QQ. I agree that this does not have to be EVERYTHING though, but for one, I hope to dog they won’t touch masteries. And that raids will be balanced with at least an above-average skill cap.