Stop telling players how they should respond!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Savior.5783

Savior.5783

Before I start this I’m sorry for being so critical, but as a veteran GW1 player all I wanted to see of Anet and GW2 was to be at least equal to what they were during GW1’s time.

Now, for those of you telling people to stop reacting negatively towards a product (HoT) that they want but see that the pricing is ridiculous, who are you exactly to do that?

Those of you who tell people that they should be okay with the pricing (when clearly they shouldn’t, and I’ll explain why) by using tumblr words like “entitled” without giving a coherent argument in the first place are directly disrespecting the moral right for the person, the consumer, to choose and criticize as he wishes.

Argument againt the pricing of HoT
Here’s a good argument as to why being against the pricing of HoT is justified, specifically looking at the main characteristics that come with HoT- maps and professions:

GW1- the price of Factions 1.5 years later of GW1’s release was $50, with it came a 4 large regions (larger than the regions, or maps, of HoT) and 2 new professions.

GW2- the price of HoT 3 years later of GW2’s release is $50, with it comes 3 maps under a region, and 1 new profession.

I’m giving HoT an advantage here considering Factions had 200+ more quests and around 15 story missions, and I’m sure HoT will have less than even 50. Not only are the regions of Factions bigger than the maps of HoT, there is more content. All that, for the equal price of $50.

If you STILL think that that’s not much of a big difference, and to argue the integrity of Anet towards GW2 OVER the integrity they had for GW1, in 3 years time you should be expecting the 2nd expansion of GW2 with more content if you compare GW2 with GW1. The living story argument doesn’t work either considering GW1 prophecies had more quests than GW1 had in a span of 1.5 years.
Anet came up with a GW1 expansion/sequel with more content since GW1 release in half the time of GW2’s expansion that has less content. So for those of you defending Anet from “attackers” insisting that Anet “poured” their passion and heart into HoT, although that may be true, there is nowhere near the passion and heart in HoT that they put in the entirety of GW1. You should have received HoT 1.5 years ago from HoT’s coming release!

(edited by Savior.5783)

Posted by: Shadowsrb.6241

Shadowsrb.6241

nope,HoT is not coming with one new profession,that new profession cost 10$ extra,or 60$ for full package.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

So you’re telling those who say that the pricing is fine off for trying to get people to believe their side, but then doing the same thing but for the opposing side……

People should make their own minds up based on the evidence available. Not because someone else said they should be on one side or the other.

Savior.5783

So you’re telling those who say that the pricing is fine off for trying to get people to believe their side, but then doing the same thing but for the opposing side……

People should make their own minds up based on the evidence available. Not because someone else said they should be on one side or the other.

Read carefully, that’s not what I said. I was criticizing those people telling people how they should feel without giving any coherent argument. If you tell people why they should believe this or that and give them reasons why they should believe that, then that’s fine. But getting mad, defensive, and calling people entitled because you haven’t even played GW1 before GW2 was even announced but defending HoT as if you know the history of Anet is especially wrong.

This goes for both sides of course.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Read carefully, that’s not what I said. I was criticizing those people telling people how they should feel without giving any coherent argument. If you tell people why they should believe this or that and give them reasons why they should believe that, then that’s fine. But getting mad, defensive, and calling people entitled because you haven’t even played GW1 before GW2 was even announced but defending HoT as if you know the history of Anet is especially wrong.

This goes for both sides of course.

No one, regardless of which side of the argument they fall on should tell people that they should be on their side. No matter how reasonable the argument is or isn’t.

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Referencing past products and pricing practices as a basis for current product,and arguably a vastly different product is not a valid argument.

I used to pay $2 to go the movies, now it’s easily $15-$20. Why should an IMAX experience cost 10x as much as the movies I used to watch?The movies are both made by Paramount, in fact some of them were even longer then 90min. Outrageous.

$50 is the current price of admission. What you got before has no bearing on what is being offered now.

Savior.5783

Referencing past products and pricing practices as a basis for current product,and arguably a vastly different product is not a valid argument.

I used to pay $2 to go the movies, now it’s easily $15-$20. Why should an IMAX experience cost 10x as much as the movies I used to watch?The movies are both made by Paramount, in fact some of them were even longer then 90min. Outrageous.

$50 is the current price of admission. What you got before has no bearing on what is being offered now.

It depends on how far back we’re talking about and the differences in prices and income between the two times. We’re talking about a 10 year differences from now, and wasn’t America worse economically 10 years ago? And didn’t ArenaNet have even more resources from GW1 to make GW2 than they had resources to make GW1?

If so, we can say that the means to make the product, expansions (we’re not talking about anything critically different- we’re still talking about in-game content) are pretty much equal to now as they were 10 years ago, if not easier.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I agree with this statement, do not try and convince others, there is nothing wrong with a debate because maybe you learn something you did not know but its just silly to expect everyone to jump on board. Some agree some do not, take your stance on which ever side you want but we should be respectful of one anothers opinion.

Posted by: bexbz.1905

bexbz.1905

you lost me at “tumblr words like ‘entitled’” LOL

Necro Main Forever!
((helping out non-thinkers since 1989))

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

My post got an error so i’ll give you the short answer.
- It has been said million times already that the only GW1 expansion was EotN. Maybe try to compare those two.-
- You are comparing a complete product(Fractions) with a product that you have less than 50% of the info. It is clear what the outcome would be.
- The world “entitled” is used in arguments between new and veteran players, not the way you are thinking.

P.S. Nobody forces you to pre-purchase. If you do not like the information you have at the moment – wait.

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

$2 for a movie ticket? when was that 1945?

Savior.5783

No one, regardless of which side of the argument they fall on should tell people that they should be on their side. No matter how reasonable the argument is or isn’t.

I agree with this statement, do not try and convince others, there is nothing wrong with a debate because maybe you learn something you did not know but its just silly to expect everyone to jump on board. Some agree some do not, take your stance on which ever side you want but we should be respectful of one anothers opinion.

Actually I disagree. It’s completely fine to tell people why they should believe you if you give an argument as to why they should believe you.

Actually, you can say that’s the entire purpose of debates and arguments.

There is nothing wrong in doing or saying anything if you can give a logical, sound argument for it.

Mourningcry.9428

It depends on how far back we’re talking about and the differences in prices and income between the two times. We’re talking about a 10 year differences from now, and wasn’t America worse economically 10 years ago? And didn’t ArenaNet have even more resources from GW1 to make GW2 than they had resources to make GW1?

If so, we can say that the means to make the product, expansions (we’re not talking about anything critically different- we’re still talking about in-game content) are pretty much equal to now as they were 10 years ago, if not easier.

No, you’re oversimplifying. If you really want to try and make such a comparison, you’d need to bring in a whole host of associated costs, marketing factors, competition, etc. Cost doesn’t only relate to development/manufacture.

What you offer is pure conjecture regarding the past and present conditions in order to establish some link to validate an otherwise invalid comparison.

Savior.5783

- It has been said million times already that the only GW1 expansion was EotN. Maybe try to compare those two.-
- You are comparing a complete product(Fractions) with a product that you have less than 50% of the info. It is clear what the outcome would be.
- The world “entitled” is used in arguments between new and veteran players, not the way you are thinking.

P.S. Nobody forces you to pre-purchase. If you do not like the information you have at the moment – wait.

- It doesn’t matter what you call it, and I never called Factions an expansion- I called it a sequel. They are both similar in that they give content to players at a price.
- Do you genuinely believe ANet has anything significantly more planned besides the big 3 that they announced? People have already playtested, and nothing much has been tested besides what Anet has promised. It is incredibly unlikely that Anet will give 50% more of what HoT already provides, otherwise they would have revealed.

Not only that, but Anet would’ve revealed more given such criticism they received for HoT. Instead, they’re remaining quiet. If you genuinely believe Anet has a secret cache of amazing content tucked inside HoT, well, I don’t know what to say to you.

- lol still a tumblr word, and a disgusting word to use regardless

xbutcherx.3861

Anyways after Tuesday mega nerf I will know if I going to even think about buying HoT

Savior.5783

No, you’re oversimplifying. If you really want to try and make such a comparison, you’d need to bring in a whole host of associated costs, marketing factors, competition, etc. Cost doesn’t only relate to development/manufacture.

What you offer is pure conjecture regarding the past and present conditions in order to establish some link to validate an otherwise invalid comparison.

Please explain to me, given the equal economies and even higher previous success to fund for future projects, what such difference would there be.

It’s safe to assume given that GW2 is more successful than GW2, AND 10 years ago the American economy was probably worse especially for the IT sectors, that ArenaNet had more resources to develop content than they did before.

You can claim “oversimplified” to dismiss what I’m saying all you want, since it’s easy considering you definitely do need pages and pages or boring reports in order to accurately determine this issue, but you’re going to have to explain how there would be such a large difference in resources against present-day Anet given that Anet is in a much better financial place than they were during GW1.

Chicho Gosho.6507

- It doesn’t matter what you call it, and I never called Factions an expansion- I called it a sequel. They are both similar in that they give content to players at a price.
- Do you genuinely believe ANet has anything significantly more planned besides the big 3 that they announced? People have already playtested, and nothing much has been tested besides what Anet has promised. It is incredibly unlikely that Anet will give 50% more of what HoT already provides, otherwise they would have revealed.

Not only that, but Anet would’ve revealed more given such criticism they received for HoT. Instead, they’re remaining quiet. If you genuinely believe Anet has a secret cache of amazing content tucked inside HoT, well, I don’t know what to say to you.

- Both the apple and the orange are fruits. It doesn’t make them the same.
- By less than 50% i meant that you don’t know the rest of the specializations, guild hall info just got released, no info on the pve content, there were no betas yet, just stress tests on one part of one map. They are not remaining quiet, they are revealing information every week.

Mourningcry.9428

Please explain to me, given the equal economies and even higher previous success to fund for future projects, what such difference would there be.

It’s safe to assume given that GW2 is more successful than GW2, AND 10 years ago the American economy was probably worse especially for the IT sectors, that ArenaNet had more resources to develop content than they did before.

You can claim “oversimplified” to dismiss what I’m saying all you want, since it’s easy considering you definitely do need pages and pages or boring reports in order to accurately determine this issue, but you’re going to have to explain how there would be such a large difference in resources against present-day Anet given that Anet is in a much better financial place than they were during GW1.

Burden of proof is on the person putting forth the hypothesis, i.e. – you need to show a how you came to the conclusion that the two pricing structures are comparative.

And the fact is you are oversimplifying – " The American enconmy was worse back then" is the same as saying “Things are better today.”

Also, you’re again making assumptions about the financial status of Anet then and now, as well as their resources. It’d be just as easy to claim that they’re worse off now with respect to resources, market share, competitive advantage.

Simply put, you’re painting a perfect scenario to support your claims without offering anything more than your opinion on how things are or should be.

xbutcherx.3861

- By less than 50% i meant that you don’t know the rest of the specializations, guild hall info just got released, no info on the pve content, there were no betas yet, just stress tests on one part of one map. They are not remaining quiet, they are revealing information every week.

This is the whole point, they offering something you have little info about.

Chicho Gosho.6507

Yes, that is why i do not buy prorders. You get the preorder if you want to play in betas, nothing else. Nobody is forced to buy the expansion now to continue playing the core game.

Savior.5783

A metaphor? Really? They are in-game content, their quality and definition is the same.

-By less than 50% i meant that you don’t know the rest of the specializations, guild hall info just got released, no info on the pve content
Guild halls were in Factions, so it doesn’t matter. Also specializations will not equal the amount Factions offered.

Also you completely ignored the fact that Factions was made 1.5 years after GW1, while HoT is 3 years later GW2, with seeming to hold less content than Factions thus far.

Chicho Gosho.6507

I am ignoring it because that’s just speculations. ANet decided to update their game without expansions, at some point they decided to offer an expansion. You can say 3 years, i can say 3 months, only ANet employees know the exact number.

- My point about the 50% was that you are comparing a whole product to a part of a product and because of that you will get a distorted result.

Savior.5783

Burden of proof is on the person putting forth the hypothesis, i.e. – you need to show a how you came to the conclusion that the two pricing structures are comparative.

And the fact is you are oversimplifying – " The American enconmy was worse back then" is the same as saying “Things are better today.”

Also, you’re again making assumptions about the financial status of Anet then and now, as well as their resources. It’d be just as easy to claim that they’re worse off now with respect to resources, market share, competitive advantage.

Simply put, you’re painting a perfect scenario to support your claims without offering anything more than your opinion on how things are or should be.

Getting conveniently specific, aren’t we? Don’t blame you though, you have no other option here.

GW2 is more successful than GW1 and one of the more popular MMOs right now, so competitive average is irrelevant here. The economy does matter when discussing this, especially since the IT sector back then was worse than it is now. With these two we can say that ArenaNet has more resources to produce content.

The only thing we don’t have information on is the market share difference of Anet from now to 10 years ago. So it may be different.

You’re conveniently asking for more and more specific things, when we can get a rough estimate from simple facts when it comes to Anet’s financial situation. We don’t need a full report as you keep pegging me into going into, knowing that obviously I can’t get that.

Random.4691

Actually I disagree. It’s completely fine to tell people why they should believe you if you give an argument as to why they should believe you.

Actually, you can say that’s the entire purpose of debates and arguments.

There is nothing wrong in doing or saying anything if you can give a logical, sound argument for it.

Again, there is nothing wrong with DEBATING a point. Shoving your opinion down their throat in an effort to persuade them to change theirs is not. I’m guessing you missed the debate part the first time so I made sure it was in capitals for you.

Savior.5783

Again, there is nothing wrong with DEBATING a point. Shoving your opinion down their throat in an effort to persuade them to change theirs is not. I’m guessing you missed the debate part the first time so I made sure it was in capitals for you.

Getting into semantics here. shoving opinion down throat =/= arguing why you should believe in my opinion- you can argue debating is synonymous to the latter.

Random.4691

I’m not telling you to change your mind, I’m telling you why I believe something different or why I don’t agree with what you’re saying. There is a difference, if you change your mind on your own because of points I make then great, if you don’t then that also is perfectly fine.

Savior.5783

I’m not telling you to change your mind, I’m telling you why I believe something different or why I don’t agree with what you’re saying. There is a difference, if you change your mind on your own because of points I make then great, if you don’t then that also is perfectly fine.

That’s completely fine and healthy

Posted by: Taiyoroku.1028

Taiyoroku.1028

So the forum entry is called “Stop telling players how they should respond!”… them you said “Now, for those of you telling people to stop reacting negatively towards a product (HoT) that they want but see that the pricing is ridiculous, who are you exactly to do that? Those of you who tell people that they should be okay with the pricing (when clearly they shouldn’t, and I’ll explain why) by using tumblr words like “entitled” without giving a coherent argument in the first place are directly disrespecting the moral right for the person, the consumer, to choose and criticize as he wishes.”.

Them i read the whole entrys… may i ask… what about the people that want and can buy the “expansion”, why they can do it and express their joy (or happines) for doing so? if someone wanna buy something and like it (i dont know… maybe they got better payment on their jobs, or their parents gives them more money or whatever) so you make a martyr post just to prove what you think… if that so please… i urge you… Stop telling players how they should respond!

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I think it’s fine to “freak out” in a negative way or positive way about the game. It’s not OK to freak out at people at ArenaNet in a personal way.

When they announced HoT at PAX South in January, they made it seem like it contained a lot more than it does. A lot of that stuff is stuff that will be available to everyone now which is really cool. Things like Stronghold, the new Borderlands map etc.

I look at the map though and realize just how small the x-pac is. We are almost paying the exact same price as we paid for the base game(if you have to buy a character slot for Revenant because all your slots are full you are paying the exact same price as the base game at release:$60). This x-pac is just a fraction of the map in the base game. Perceived value is a real thing.

“Is this worth my money?” is a totally valid question to ask about this product because for what amounts to me personally as costing the same as the base game($60)I am getting a lot less perceived value for my money. It just doesn’t seem like as much content. I don’t think that is an unreasonable opinion to have.

The base game for me is one of my favorite MMOs of all time. I adore it. This x-pac doesn’t even seem near the breadth or scope of that though. It doesn’t hold the same perceived value. Couple that with the fact that ArenaNet’s communication to us has been downright atrocious at times, I am leery of what exactly this is.

I feel like they are doing what the mobile games market is doing: Go after new players constantly. Let people play the game for a month or two and do very little in terms of retention. Go for constant turnover. That’s fine. I can take my business elsewhere. That bums me out though because I have played this franchise for over a decade. They seem to have had a change of heart about how they wanted to do things and instead of communicating that to us with their words, they did it with their actions.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Mourningcry.9428

Getting conveniently specific, aren’t we? Don’t blame you though, you have no other option here.

….

You’re conveniently asking for more and more specific things, when we can get a rough estimate from simple facts when it comes to Anet’s financial situation. We don’t need a full report as you keep pegging me into going into, knowing that obviously I can’t get that.

It’s no more convenient then presuming an assumption is fact just because you want it, or think it to be.

Your coherent argument is really nothing more then a well expressed opinion. Basing it on assumption, conjecture, and speculation, no matter how rational, doesn’t make it any more factual then any other random opinion.

My point is simply this, your contention regarding pricing is nothing more then an opinion. An opinion no better, no worse, then the opinions you original chastised other people from expressing. Perhaps, you should heed your own advice.

Posted by: Smallclaw.1650

Smallclaw.1650

If you want GW1, go play it. Simple as that. It’s pointless to continuously compare the two, as they will never be the same. They each carry elements that some favor and some don’t. GW2 is not a GW1 reproduction.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

A-net has no control over the $50 price. That is as low as it can go. There are other options besides lowing the price, but I’m just noting that the price is stuck.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

People are choosing to voice their opinions and concerns, and that’s fine. I agree that no one should impose on the other to do so. I can also see the other side and as to why those people want to see complaints reduced (or at least the amount of threads).

Like it or hate it, vote with your wallet, and move on.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Razor.9872

People are choosing to voice their opinions and concerns, and that’s fine. I agree that no one should impose on the other to do so. I can also see the other side and as to why those people want to see complaints reduced (or at least the amount of threads).

Like it or hate it, vote with your wallet, and move on.

Last time I participated in a gw2 vote Kiel won…
I still can’t get over that.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

It is OK if people have concerns. But how can you say it’s not worth it if you simply don’t know the features yet? (which is about 95% of the threads here)

That’s the system of pre purchase.

So we do have the right to call those people hilarious. Because they simply don’t have any arguments. They judge the add on by 3-4 information they know until now. This doesn’t mean it has to be enough for them to pre purchase. But you also simply can’t say how much it is going to be worth.

Just to name the biggest “arguments”
-you don’t know how many maps will come nor how big they will be
-you have no idea what the challenging group content will be

But these 2 things make 90% of the people here say it’s not worth their money. Because all we have are false information.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

(edited by Entenkommando.5208)

Razor.9872

It is OK if people have concerns. But how can you say it’s not worth it if you simply don’t know the features yet? (which is about 95% of the threads here)

That’s the system of pre purchase.

So we do have the right to call those people hilarious. Because they simply don’t have any arguments. They judge the add on by 3-4 information they know until now. This doesn’t mean it has to be enough for them to pre purchase. But you also simply can’t say how much it is going to be worth.

Just to name the biggest “arguments”
-you don’t know how many maps will come nor how big they will be
-you have no idea what the challenging group content will be

But these 2 things make 90% of the people here say it’s not worth their money. Because all we have are false information.

Don’t forget “I don’t want to pay for the base game AND the expansion.”

I chuckle a little (then sigh) every time someone posts that.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Someday.3650

Someday.3650

The difference is that we’re addressing Anet to get a response from them, not from others users that are okay with this. But said users, are trying to convince people that isn’t okay with Anet’s actions, for whatever reason (price, quality, lack of slot, shaddy practices), and in most cases like if we were crazy or cheap. Even in some cases with fallacies, like the lack of subscription*.
So yeah, it’s starting to get annoying. If you guys are okay with the whole situation, great I respect your opinion, but stop trying to back seat moderate the forum or tell other people what they should be or not complaining about. We already have enough with all the complaints being merged into one thread while the threads in favor of the price are not.

*: Yes, there’s no subscription, but we have the gem store. GW2 doesn’t use a subscription model as a marketing strategy, not because they’re our friends. For example, while I didn’t buy this game only for that reason, it was a very important one, that and the fact that I’m okay with cosmetics being sold. Otherwise they wouldn’t have my money in the first place so the argument of “we didn’t pay subscription” is pointless. Also, the subscription model isn’t working that well anymore except for that one game that has a different type of community, so this game with a subscription model could be another dead MMO.
So, we have plenty of potential scenarios and neither of them is true because Anet choose not to use a subscription model hence they marketed the game that way.

(edited by Someday.3650)

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

People on both sides of this argument are doing the same.

I’ve been called a sheep, kitten, white knight, fanboy, kitten, moron, kittenwit, etc (Many of which I’m sure will display as kitten) purely for not sharing in the opinion that ANet are ripping veterans off and being happy with money spent.

So I’d say practice what you preach.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Savior.5783

….

It’s no more convenient then presuming an assumption is fact just because you want it, or think it to be.

Your coherent argument is really nothing more then a well expressed opinion. Basing it on assumption, conjecture, and speculation, no matter how rational, doesn’t make it any more factual then any other random opinion.

My point is simply this, your contention regarding pricing is nothing more then an opinion. An opinion no better, no worse, then the opinions you original chastised other people from expressing. Perhaps, you should heed your own advice.

You’re being overly specific when there’s no need to be. There are no significant deficit when it comes to Anet’s financial state from 10 years ago to now, I actually gave you reasons why they’d have it better now but you keep ignoring it calling it “assumptions” when they’re facts.

You don’t need a full report to roughly tell how they’re doing as much as you keep desperately sticking onto to defend HoT. And my pricing was an opinion based on comparison. I like your opinion though.

Savior.5783

I’ve been called a sheep, kitten, white knight, fanboy, kitten, moron, kittenwit, etc (Many of which I’m sure will display as kitten) purely for not sharing in the opinion that ANet are ripping veterans off and being happy with money spent.

They are ripping off not only vets, but regular players, though.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

There are always going to be people that go into any discussion with, “Oh, just shut up and stop whining. You’re being an idiot and are wrong about everything.”

Near as I can tell, they do this because it makes them feel superior. Oh, and because seeing their name in red on the forums also makes them feel, you know, special.

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

I really can’t be bothered to repeat my reasoning yet again on yet another thread, but I will just say that $50 then is not equal to $50 now, so HoT is actually cheaper.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

Savior.5783

I really can’t be bothered to repeat my reasoning yet again on yet another thread, but I will just say that $50 then is not equal to $50 now, so HoT is actually cheaper.

by how much?

Impact.2780

Don’t know; if you’re interested in pursuing this line of argument, look it up lol. I often get the impression when I go into detail to give an opinion, criticize, or argue a case, that people look at it and think "Urgh, logic. I’m just going to skim, take one minor point out of context, and spam ’no’," so I only bother when I’m absent something to do, which isn’t now =P.

Savior.5783

Don’t know; if you’re interested in pursuing this line of argument, look it up lol. I often get the impression when I go into detail to give an opinion, criticize, or argue a case, that people look at it and think “Urgh, logic. I’m just going to skim, take one minor point out of context, and spam ‘no’,” so I only bother when I’m absent something to do, which isn’t now =P.

No I’d like to see

Impact.2780

Then look it up.

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

They are ripping off not only vets, but regular players, though.

How so ?
I can think of one player that comes from WoW and deleted his post history to pass as a GW1 player .
I remember that person that said : GW2 will be dead when the Wildstar + Archeage + WoW expansion will come up .
And here he is today to tell us about about the regulars and vets ?

Have you ever played some game in your life , surrounded in your dark room ?
Have you seen some game release x-packs and screw over new players to pay more ?
But 3 months later they offered bundles(original game + x-pack) for the same price as you paid for your single x-pack ?
Do you whine there too ?
How old is your body , because i cant tell from your mind …

Heck even WoD they released in May the pre-persude for 50$ dollars
4 motnhs later in Agust they offered all the x-packs +WoD for 50 dollars
Then they release it on the November

If you played for as long as you say , then you money are worthed it , because you took advantage of the gold>gem ration + Gear that no longer exist + world events + S1

Otherwise , if YOU still think you are screwed , you better delete once more your post history and bail out .
You are preaty good at it :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Savior.5783

Then look it up.

But you just made a claim, the burden of proof is on you mate.

Savior.5783

How so ?
I can think of one player that comes from WoW and deleted his post history to pass as a GW1 player .
I remember that person that said : GW2 will be dead when the Wildstar + Archeage + WoW expansion will come up .
And here he is today to tell us about about the regulars and vets ?

Have you ever played some game in your life , surrounded in your dark room ?
Have you seen some game release x-packs and screw over new players to pay more ?
But 3 months later they offered bundles(original game + x-pack) for the same price as you paid for your single x-pack ?
Do you whine there too ?
How old is your body , because i cant tell from your mind …

Heck even WoD they released in May the pre-persude for 50$ dollars
4 motnhs later in Agust they offered all the x-packs +WoD for 50 dollars
Then they release it on the November

If you played for as long as you say , then you money are worthed it , because you took advantage of the gold>gem ration + Gear that no longer exist + world events + S1

Otherwise , if YOU still think you are screwed , you better delete once more your post history and bail out .
You are preaty good at it :P

Base game + HoT is $50, while for GW2 players the game is $50. Essentially, the base game is free for new players while people who’ve been playing and supporting Anet don’t get such compensation while people who haven’t played the game do. Understandably this is good for business as it brings in new people to the game, but it is also disrespectful towards current players. Anet is a company, profit is the main priority, not necessarily the good of the game.

Anyway, I’m mainly attacking Anet’s integrity considering they give an expansion-worth, if you want to call it that, 3 years after its release, while in GW1 they came up with an entirely new SEQUEL 1.5 years later. They clearly don’t care about the game as much as they used to.

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Base game + HoT is $50, while for GW2 players the game is $50. Essentially, the base game is free for new players while people who’ve been playing and supporting Anet don’t get such compensation while people who haven’t played the game do. Understandably this is good for business as it brings in new people to the game, but it is also disrespectful towards current players. Anet is a company, profit is the main priority, not necessarily the good of the game.

Anyway, I’m mainly attacking Anet’s integrity considering they give an expansion-worth, if you want to call it that, 3 years after its release, while in GW1 they came up with an entirely new SEQUEL 1.5 years later. They clearly don’t care about the game as much as they used to.

Again what part you dont understand that you have been awarded with the things i linked you up
Such as you did less grinding to get the gold> gems , while new ppl have from now to collect 10 gold per day ,to get a 800 gem-item every 2 weeks ?

TIP for the old ones to teach the newer ppl some cheats …. (TA+SE dungeons + daily login (T6 mats) + salvaging the cloth-sucky Armor for Scraps(cloth) , awards 7 gold with 30 min gameplay every day )

So one hand you go like :
Oh the are screwing the old ones …..
and now you change the subject to : the Core-Original didnt offer enought content ?

And this is exactly the silly community that must remain UNCHANGED to teach the newer players , when they come in the x-pack ?

(Edit: old hag , dont show that video ever again …. not now … it only boost the ego , that the doings are righteous …)

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)