Story Mode Bug?? need help

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ayred.2406

Ayred.2406

I’m having trouble figuring this out. I have to go take the Glider Basics Mastery next to continue my HoT story, and I am able. It says it’s in Verdant Brink. When I’m standing at the portal in the Silverwastes, I can see the star where I need to be headed. However, when I actually get into Verdant Brink, the star disappears and and I can’t get to my story mode. This is confusing the hell out of me and I don’t know what’s going on. Someone help pleeease

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I believe you need to interact with the star to proceed, not manually go through the portal. There should be a pop up asking if you want to enter the story when you run on top of the green star.

That comes once you’ve done the prologue — have you done the non-repeatable instanced SW trek that starts at the red fort? What is the story step text in the upper right of your screen saying? If you open your Hero Panel to the HoT story section, do you have an option to Play This Episode on the first part?

Or have you already done that part? Have you got Gliding ready to train and a mastery point ready to spend? If so you need to get XP in VB until you have filled your xp bar, then spend the point, then you’ll have gliding and be able to do more story.

(edited by Donari.5237)

Ayred.2406

I believe you need to interact with the star to proceed, not manually go through the portal. There should be a pop up asking if you want to enter the story when you run on top of the green star.

That comes once you’ve done the prologue — have you done the non-repeatable instanced SW trek that starts at the red fort? What is the story step text in the upper right of your screen saying? If you open your Hero Panel to the HoT story section, do you have an option to Play This Episode on the first part?

Or have you already done that part? Have you got Gliding ready to train and a mastery point ready to spend? If so you need to get XP in VB until you have filled your xp bar, then spend the point, then you’ll have gliding and be able to do more story.

Ayred.2406

Yeah that’s what I mean, when I go through the portal to VB, the star that asks me to enter the story isn’t there anymore. I can’t see it so I can’t enter that part of the story.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Thats becouse you need to enter story before you go into verdant brink its just before the map zone portal into VB

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Have you already done Torn From the Sky? You know, the one where you either rescue Laranthir’s allies or help the charr woman build a turret? If so, then you just need to around earning experience in the Maguuma Depths area until you have enough experience to unlock gliding.

Ayred.2406

Have you already done Torn From the Sky? You know, the one where you either rescue Laranthir’s allies or help the charr woman build a turret? If so, then you just need to around earning experience in the Maguuma Depths area until you have enough experience to unlock gliding.

Ayred.2406

Yes I’ve finished Torn From the Sky. It just confuses me because it shows me that I can go through the story mode while I’m in SW but once I enter VB it disappears. I think my experience bar is full now and nothing has changed

Donari.5237

Ah, once your experience bar is full you need to go to your mastery panel, look to the right end of the Basic Gliding tier, and click to learn. It verifies you want to spend your mastery point, you say yes, yes I do, please learn, and then you know gliding. At that point you should be able to converse with the scout right by the shipwreck WP (don’t wander too far while he talks or you have to listen all over again). From there your story will continue.

Masteries are always a two step process: One, train up with xp while accumulating mastery points; Two, spend the mastery points you’ve gathered on a fully xp’d tier to actually learn it.

Ayred.2406

Ah, once your experience bar is full you need to go to your mastery panel, look to the right end of the Basic Gliding tier, and click to learn. It verifies you want to spend your mastery point, you say yes, yes I do, please learn, and then you know gliding. At that point you should be able to converse with the scout right by the shipwreck WP (don’t wander too far while he talks or you have to listen all over again). From there your story will continue.

Masteries are always a two step process: One, train up with xp while accumulating mastery points; Two, spend the mastery points you’ve gathered on a fully xp’d tier to actually learn it.

Ayred.2406

I’m already at mastery level 3 and the Basic Gliding mastery is locked.

Donari.5237

Then perhaps you haven’t chosen it to train? Which two or three masteries do you know? (If you mean you have spent 3 mastery points so there is a “3” to the left of your xp bar). If you mean you have just gained 3 mastery points, you still have to actively spend one on gliding to learn it by clicking the box at the right side of the gliding mastery tier in the mastery tab of your hero panel, accessed either by the bottom left tab on the hero panel or clicking the little icon to the right of your xp bar.

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Perhaps a screenshot or two of your Masteries panel will help clarify the problem? One for the Core Masteries, and one for the Maguuma Masteries. Also, just to be absolutely foolproof, are you sure you have the right chapter active in your Story Journal? I don’t know what’s going on, but I want to eliminate the most basic problems first.