Story instance at Dragon's Stand map

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

So I’ve got a complaint about it.
From the beginning of the expansion, I’ve been careful not to rush my progression and fully explore the maps before going to the next. Before starting the part of my personal story at Dragon’s Stand, I’ve 100% completed Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, and Tangled Depths.

And the moment I start the part of my story in Dragon’s Stand, the game just slaps me in the face and spit all over my effort to discover things at a moderate pace.

So here’s the thing :
Why does the story instance start at the beginning of the map, and the moment you enter the instance you are instantly TELEPORTED TO THE BOTTOM END OF IT ?!!!
I didn’t even get to see what’s in between those portions of the map ! It doesn’t make sense !

Also, WHY HAVE I INSTANTLY DISCOVERED ALL THE WAYPOINTS IN THE MAP ?!!

I know that in the near future this won’t make a difference anymore but seriously, it spoiled the fun to me.
The discovering and exploration of the maps is what I was looking forward the most.

Posted by: Mander.2506

Mander.2506

It’s because progression through the Dragons Stand world map is based on an event that can take 45+ minutes and has a chance of failure. They didn’t want to gate the end of the story behind that. There’s still plenty to explore in Dragon’s Stand, don’t worry about that.

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

They could have at least put the beginning of the story at the point of the map where it actually starts.
If I saw from the very beginning that it starts at the bottom of the map, I would have taken my time to discover stuff in between my starting point and the story starting point.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You get all the waypoints just like you do in WvW. The thing is they are all contested all the time except after the event chain moves by them.

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Honestly? It’s probably because they ran out of development time.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

As far as i experienced, DS story takes you the places that you cannot normally discover and explore. And the waypoints are contested unless you are doing the meta event succesfully.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s a special map and can’t compare with others. It’s one huge event there, exploration is done very fast. After doing the event 2 or 3 times (lane north, central and south) I explored everything.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong