Strongboxes not giving mastery points?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Belmont.4682

Belmont.4682

Hi, i’ve been following dulfy’s guide to loot all the strongboxes on verdant brink and grab some sweet additional mastery points, but i noticed that some of the strongboxes are not giving me mastery points at all, only normal loot.

Lethal Vantage
Mellagan’s Valor
Thunderbreaker

Those are the strongboxes that do not contain any mastery points at all, am i missing something here or did Anet reduced the amount of strongboxes that comes with an additional MP?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Have you opened them before on your account?

Belmont.4682

Have you opened them before on your account?

Nope.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

strange enough. i got all the mastery points from the strongboxes.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Belmont.4682

bump, can anyone else shed some light on this one before i try the support?

Posted by: Durrik.4679

Durrik.4679

Now that I think about it, I don’t think I got my mastery points from the strong boxes either. I was at 20 available Hot mastery points yesterday, picked up 4 of the strong boxes and one in VB, and now I’m at 21. I just wasn’t paying much attention to it as I was hunting AP.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Easiest way to to check your achievement panel. When you opened them did you get the achievement?

Best thing to do is open one and take kitten of it open while your achievement panel shows that you weren’t granted the achievement, this will prove it isn’t working and expedite a fix.

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

“Easiest way to to check your achievement panel. When you opened them did you get the achievement?”

Not completely true. I have one when I attempt to open says I have got all from this box. Yet on my achievement list for that specific one it shows I don’t have it. I’m sure its a bug somehow just no idea how or what to do.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Must be a new bug so I would report it. If you open it and don’t get the MP, because the achievement still remains being incomplete, then it must be a bug.

Posted by: Tremont.7612

Tremont.7612

It is 8 months after this report was first opened and I am getting Mastery Points from only about half the strongboxes. This is an awful lot of work for some junk armor in the boxes. Very frustrating!

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

It is 8 months after this report was first opened and I am getting Mastery Points from only about half the strongboxes. This is an awful lot of work for some junk armor in the boxes. Very frustrating!

If this was a wide spread issue you would see way more posts over 8 months. Most likely it’s people opening boxes they already opened but forgot about opening them initially. But if you are having an issue with opening a new box you never opened before on your account you should put a support ticket in as this seems to be a very individualized issue.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

@tremont: you can check if your account already has credit for them.

• Open up your [h]ero panel
  • In the search field (below your title selection), type in ‘strongbox’

You can see which of those type of mastery unlocks the game has given you credit.

If you think there’s a bug still, then:

• Wait for reset
  • Take a toon there, showing the unopened strongbox and before opening…
  • Take a ‘before’ screenshot of your achievement panel show no mastery credit for opening that particular box.
  • Open the box
  • Take an ‘after’

Also use in the in-game /bug reporting tool (so that the QA team gets the actual data for when you tried) and open an official support ticket (in case maybe they can help).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”