Stronghold = GvG?

Stronghold = GvG?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Some saying Stronghold won’t be GvG, some say it will be..

Is Stronghold going to be the new GvG mode?
Or just another sPvP?

Cheers

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Stronghold will be a bit of both. sPVP wise you can join into a random Stronghold or with a group of friends. GvG wise, you can take a full group of guildmates in and be ‘tracked’ on the Guild Leaderboards for Stronghold.

Speculation wise I believe that with the first or second major Feature Pack after HoT goes live we may get more in depth variants of the Stronghold feature.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

As far as I understand it it is going to be just a mode for spvp.

Having said that, the expansion will also introduce leaderboards for guilds.

Thus, this new mode together with leaderboards can lead to something that resembles GvG as it was in Guild Wars 1.

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Nobody said Stronghold was a GvG map.

They however said, Stronghold is based on the Guild wars 1 GvG mecnanics. The expansion comes with Guild Leaderboardsm, so guilds can compete against other guilds. That’s it.

There is no GvG aka no noob zerging other noobs. No Zerg vs Zerg. Just a new sPvP format.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

This is the way I see it;

Stronghold is a new spvp mode plain and simple.

HoT will bring in guild team queues and leaderboards, thus making all current and future spvp modes applicable within GvG.

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: Shnaku.1908

Shnaku.1908

Its just new PvP map with 10v10 and guild Ladderboards. Noone said that is GvG that we know in Obsi.

If they wanna add GvG
1. No gvg in PvP formula.
2. 15v15 is minimum.

(edited by Shnaku.1908)

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Stronghold is a strictly PVP map. The only known GVG aspect is allowing a guild team to be ranked on a leaderboard with other guild teams. They haven’t even stated guild teams will be paired with other guild teams. If they do it will most likely be the same matchmaking system currently in place but with an additional filter for guild parties.

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

2. 15v15 is minimum.

no thx…good luck trying to see anything with the particles effects fest on your screen with 30 ppl spamming skills

skills are balanced for 5v5 fights anyway so I expect a 5v5 GvG

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

There is no GvG aka no noob zerging other noobs.

You never GvG in WvW did you?

Anyways its something similar to gw1 GvG but not really.

The fact that its still 5v5 is hardly akin to one guild vs another unless its a really small guild. But still….

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: este.8651

este.8651

I don’t think 5 people can represent a “guild” in a guild vs guild to be fair. It’s just another spvp map.

The definition the guild wars community uses is a matchup 15vs15 or 20vs20. I use the word “community” intentionally because people spend their time making websites and videos of their non-official matches. I know everyone want to dis on people who like to gvg but most of the time I think its because they cant take part in it personally. If there was more access to way to have true guild vs guild battles then I think the people who don’t play could get to try it.

Memories of zerg battles dont give fair respect to a gvg. You never have equal numbers on a wvw map, but the real match between guilds have a respected 15vs15 or 20vs20 match. There is no system that keeps it at those numbers but people respect it because they care.

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

good luck trying to see anything with the particles effects fest on your screen with 30 ppl spamming skills

You know you have an options screen right?

So much ignorance to GvG in WvW

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: Trise.2865

Trise.2865

You seem to be under the impression that Guild vs Guild is restricted to a single game mode. It isn’t; let it go. Why limit competitive play to a single game, when GW2 and guilds in general can offer dramatically more?

Besides, Stronghold is clearly a modified version of Fort Aspenwood, rather than “classic” GvG.

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: Exatherion.3075

Exatherion.3075

There’s been many references to GW1 content i.e. slaying the “Guild Lord” in a Spvp map.

The stronghold mode clearly combines GvG map elements with the AI driven assault of Fort Aspenwood.

- First the AI team takes out the doors with Luxon siege equipment
-You fight inside the fort against players and AI
-You slay the “Lord”

As far as I can recall from interviews – they want the player to focus on tactical thinking, that means only the AI can break the doors like in Fort Aspenwood.

So I would rather expect a new version of this PVP mode from GW1, with many new elements added that the original idea lacked to make it more fun, rather than a pure GvG mode that focussed on purely competitive PVP.

Arena Net clear took the most elements out of Fort Aspenwood.

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: ShroomOneUp.6913

ShroomOneUp.6913

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT
not only is the mode not in any way near the good old GvG (even though tis elements are something nice) it has been reduced to maprotation into the usual pvp pug fest.
WAY TO DROP THE BALL ON THIS ONE ANET.

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: falcedge.1847

falcedge.1847

confirmed 5v5 PVP in the normal Q. looks interesting but not what many people wanted to see.

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Well to be honest my dreams for something completely new and different with slightly bigger teams so more people could play and coordinate together were pretty much shot down today.

However, on that note they never promised it would be more then 5v5 they never said it would be in its own queue. So I can’t say they promised me. It was just more one of those hopes..

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: Ufel.9504

Ufel.9504

Well to be honest my dreams for something completely new and different with slightly bigger teams so more people could play and coordinate together were pretty much shot down today.

Pretty much this. One of the reasons I like WvW GvG is that you can collaborate and play with more of your guildies than just 5.

I was interested in Stronghold if it was 8v8, as it would foster that atmosphere even a little bit, but I will be very disappointed if it remains 5v5. I just want to play with more pals!

As it looks right now, it it just another sPvP mode.

Stronghold = GvG?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I’m pretty disappointed by it, not that it doesn’t look fun, but that it is really small scale and won’t replace GvG. Also at the rish of sounding arsh the design is really uninspiring which would be fine if there were more than 1 map; it’s not a giant battle on top of a volcano here, it looks like old Kryta content that was lying around and picked up to package in an expansion.

If they’re were 5-6 maps we could discuss Stronghold being a new mode for GW2, but with only 1 map it’s more like a demo of something. The only other things which will interest me in what the expansion contains are the new ele specialization and a single WvW map. It’s not a lot of content to justify a purchase unless the expansion is around 10$.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)