Stronghold deserves its own queue

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I think this might be my favorite pvp map/mode out of all of them but it makes me sad that when this beta event is over, and the expansion goes live, it will be in the regular unranked queue mix, with skyhammer, courtyard, and spirit watch. I dread to think of how many times I’ll have to queue, vote, and go through matches just to play 1 stronghold match, when I’d prefer just to be able to queue for a ranked or unranked stronghold match by itself.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

there is already announced a new mode, where will be teams from different guilds competing against each other for a rank… this mode will have separate queue (obviously) and its game mode will be Stronghold… but you will obviously need 4 guild mates to be able to queue in this mode, more details are still missing

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

So if you queue with less than a full group, you have to deal with courtyard, but if you queue full group you get to pick the game mode you want?

:P

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I think it’s revealing we need the ability to have different builds for each map or at least each match type.

A single general build like we have now plus the option to customize our loadout for specific maps if they pop. I can switch on the fly if I have to, but why should I have to?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

there is already announced a new mode, where will be teams from different guilds competing against each other for a rank… this mode will have separate queue (obviously) and its game mode will be Stronghold… but you will obviously need 4 guild mates to be able to queue in this mode, more details are still missing

It will obviously have its own queue? They’ve mentioned that it will not have its own queue. Do you have a source for this?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I think the problem is that Anet didn’t develop enough Stronghold maps to have it on it’s own map voting queue. We will have to see when they reveal how many Stronghold maps the expansion will have.

Posted by: bigbobpataki.4796

bigbobpataki.4796

Creating three sPvP queues out of the current maps into Conquest, Deathmatch (Courtyard), and Stronghold could really help diversify sPvP and allow them to release new maps in an orderly, consistent fashion. The fact that they won’t budge on this is crazy.

Posted by: TwanBr.8340

TwanBr.8340

It does need to have its own queue yes. It won’t be as enjoyable as it has been during this public beta if it doesn’t have a separate queue (due to other builds and team setups, getting fed up with other game modes; or the other way around, getting fed up with Stronghold if you prefer Conquest).
I would rather wait longer for my queue for this to pop than to be forced to wait even longer by having to wait full matches of Conquest before being able to play Stronghold.

Proud Gandaran

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

It does need to have its own queue yes. It won’t be as enjoyable as it has been during this public beta if it doesn’t have a separate queue (due to other builds and team setups, getting fed up with other game modes; or the other way around, getting fed up with Stronghold if you prefer Conquest).
I would rather wait longer for my queue for this to pop than to be forced to wait even longer by having to wait full matches of Conquest before being able to play Stronghold.

Yeah it’s gonna end up like courtyard where people vote AGAINST it so you don’t get it when you want it.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

I think the problem is that Anet didn’t develop enough Stronghold maps to have it on it’s own map voting queue. We will have to see when they reveal how many Stronghold maps the expansion will have.

Yeah, I think this is the sticking point. I like the idea of Conquest, Deathmatch and Stronghold having their own queues (it’s beyond ideal), but with Deathmatch and Stronghold seemingly only having one map each… I don’t see it happening.

But maybe there will be more maps on launch. We’ll see!

Hoopa doopa.

MaXi.3642

It will obviously have its own queue? They’ve mentioned that it will not have its own queue. Do you have a source for this?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Heart_of_Thorns#Guild_Teams

this feature will definitely have it’s own queue as it will be for guild teams only using separate leaderboard, but from what I remember from the announcement stream, they said the GvG mode will be on Stronghold, but the wiki say it will use both Stronghold and Conquest, so I’m not sure now…

Posted by: tramwajarz.2369

tramwajarz.2369

Stronghold will be in the same queue as conquest and deathmatch which means this “mode” is going to share the fate of skyhammer and courtyard pretty fast. Especially that we will NOT get build templates with HoT release, which is disappointing and ridiculous.

Posted by: Jinesis.3782

Jinesis.3782

These are different pvp modes so it should have their own queues.

Imaging all the pvp modes in WoW got into one queue.

Having Conquest in normal queue is already ridiculous, but still acceptable, it is a test map. But if Stronghold ended up like this then it is way beyond ridiculous.

(edited by Jinesis.3782)

tramwajarz.2369

These are different pvp modes so it should have their own queues.

Imaging all the pvp modes in WoW got into one queue.

Having Conquest in normal queue is already ridiculous, but still acceptable, it is a test map. But if Stronghold ended up like this then it is way beyond ridiculous.

I know this, you know this, our mothers know this. Anet doesn’t.

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

they have already said it’s just 1 map

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Indeed. What I have already suggested is to merge unranked and ranked and leave a “Playtest” and “Compete”; in compete you get to choose which mode you like to queue in.
In the end the queues will be 4 instead of 3 but everyone will be happy

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

These should be the splits:

Unranked (Conquest+deathmatch+stronghold)

Ranked Conquest

Ranked Stronghold

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Ranked Conquest

Ranked Stronghold

This is a great solution and should be implemented with HoT.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Ranked Conquest

Ranked Stronghold

This is a great solution and should be implemented with HoT.

+1

And give us build templates so that queueing for Unranked, you don’t have to respec everything manually depending on how the dies roll (or… wheel turns).

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

Yeah, and so does Courtyard. Some builds designed for Conquest don’t really work in Courtyard or Stronghold.

EDIT:

Ranked Conquest

Ranked Stronghold

Like I said above, I don’t think this is how it should work. You should be able to choose Practice, Unranked, or Ranked and then your game type. Builds designed for holding points in Conquest may not be preferable in a Courtyard or Stronghold scenario. Sure, there are some builds that may work for all, but for individuals or teams that have build comps set up for a certain game type, it becomes a disaster. I know I (and my friend-get-together-group-pvp-nights-buddies) hate landing on Courtyard if we all plan on Conquest.

Maybe try this instead?
1. Practice (Choose Conquest, Deathmatch, or Stronghold)
2. Unranked (Choose Conquest, Deathmatch, or Stronghold)
3. Ranked (Choose Conquest, Deathmatch, or Stronghold)

Eh, just thinking.

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

(edited by piano man.1672)

MaXi.3642

you are all forgetting new mode, guild vs guild, which will have it’s own queue for sure… so it’s practice, unranked, ranked and GvG… now multiply it by number of game modes and use the final number to divide SPvP player base… I don’t think it’s feasible to have own queue for each game mode…

tramwajarz.2369

There will be no GvG in HoT, only Guild Leaderboard which is not the same. Plz don’t spread misinformation.

lordkrall.7241

^ Technically a guild leaderboard (with specific matches tied to it) would be the very definition of GvG.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

tramwajarz.2369

No, this is only wishful thinking to make it a GvG. Stronghold is MOBA style pvp mode. Guild leaderboard is just an addition but nothing compared to real gvg.

lordkrall.7241

No, it is not wishful thinking. It is logic.
Guild versus Guild.
A guild leaderboard starts a competition between Guilds. Ergo, Guild versus Guild.

And the stronghold map is actually rather close to the original GvG in Guild Wars 1. Now if only they removed the point system and only allowed victory by killing the enemy lord.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

tramwajarz.2369

With your logic we already have a gvg if 2 guild premades go against each other in conquest.

Plz don’t spread misinformation. Stronghold has nothing to do with GvG. It’s MOBA.

lordkrall.7241

By definition two guilds fighting each other would be a guild versus guild yes.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

By definition two guilds fighting each other would be a guild versus guild yes.

So technically, in a 5v5 where everyone is in a different guild it’s a GvGvGvGvGvGvGvGvGvG.

That’s even better, than GvG!

Gee thanks, that’s what I always wanted.

MaXi.3642

ok for some nitpickers let’s use official term used on the HOT page… guild team feature…

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/en/?_ga=1.166423677.216764913.1413188729#section-pvp

With your logic we already have a gvg if 2 guild premades go against each other in conquest.

Plz don’t spread misinformation. Stronghold has nothing to do with GvG. It’s MOBA.

no we don’t, two teams with only guild members fighting each other is just a random thing, not a definition… in HOT we will get a feature focused on that making it a fact, not a random situation

also none is talking about Stronghold, that’s game mode, I’m talking about SPvP mode / feature which stands above the game modes / maps

PS: no idea why people constantly bring those terms from different games to GW2, in GW2 there is nothing like GW1 GvG, so when I say GvG in GW2, I don’t mean GvG from GW1…

(edited by MaXi.3642)

Posted by: BakiSaN.9281

BakiSaN.9281

If they put Stronghold in a same queue with Skylamer and Spirit Watch, I will probably retire. And that’s coming from an avid pvper with 5k games, playing since release (as much as possible, during college). I mean, I like conquest and everything, I really do. I enjoy its’ mechanics and it really is a challenge. But I want an option where I pick between stronghold and conquest. I don’t want RNG where I have to adapt an entire build in that 1 minute. I want to relax before the game starts. And even if they add templates, I still want to be able to pick between the 2 modes. I also liked HA and RA while I slept in GW1 PvP but I never wanted it to be random. If I felt like playing HA, I queued/grouped for HA; If I felt like playing RA I queued for RA – simple. Please don’t take this from us, ANet, when you finally deliver on this long overdue game mode.

Sta ce biti s’ kucom!?

MaXi.3642

I would rather play all modes in one queue than wait 5+ minutes for a match… it’s annoying even now, in HOT there will be another queue for guild teams… if you split it even by game mode, it will be terribly long waiting and it would drive away much more players than all modes in one queue, not worth it…

tramwajarz.2369

I can only imagine the amount of afkers if everything is in one queue. There are already ppl refusing to play skyhammer or courtyard. So when I queue for stronghold and rng chooses conquest for me AND I STILL CAN’T SWITCH BUILD TEMPLATES – for sure I’m gonna leave the match. And not only me as far as I’m aware.