Stuck forever in Camp Resolve

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Katoomba.6905

Katoomba.6905

I have not been able to actually play Heart of Thorns properly yet because for the last week I have been stuck in Camp Resolve. Every time I want to make some progress there is poison everywhere and of course die virtually within half a minute.

So why make an expansion and then people cannot even get into it by making a huge area of poison right at the start? It’s like saying come buy a cake, but to eat it you first have to walk through the sewer a few times, but the cake is really nice IF you can get to it lol counting the Dollars for game.

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

just take movement skills and maybe a strong healingskill if you stille struggle to pass the poison (for whatever reason…) and run through. It doesn’t cover the whole map, just the parts arround the keeps.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Mind that in the first intance (mission) to get access to the HoT content you don’t have to kill all mobs, but just need to get to the end (where your mission marker is). You can run around mobs.

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

The marker for the starting HoT story is outside red stone keep and if there is poison it is only around the keep itself. When you enter the story you do so in separate instance. What kind of hp and gear do you have that you die before reaching that marker? That poison should deal you minimal dmg that you can heal easily if your gear is good. If you do indeed die, you might want to gear up properly before going into HoT at all, since the content is harder then the one in Central Tyria and you will just run into more issues.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Given the fact that people have to fight with the poison debuff on them to clear the fort simply walking up to the marker shouldn’t be an issue at all.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The red fort poison area doesn’t quite reach to the cliff wall. So run along the left edge until you are at the closest point to the story marker, then trot over and accept the popup. The poison ticks should not kill you in that short distance.

(They don’t kill me when I am escaping from a failed breach pit, or traversing the whole length of the green mist, but I’ve never gone full glass cannon and I do head out of the mist at the first opportunity).

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Like others have said, people routinely clear entire forts by themselves even while under the effects of the poison. So its not as bad as you are making it out to be. If it is truly getting to be too much, just walk out of it, the poison areas are largeish, but not so large that you can’t walk out if you need to

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

I have not been able to actually play Heart of Thorns properly yet because for the last week I have been stuck in Camp Resolve. Every time I want to make some progress there is poison everywhere and of course die virtually within half a minute.

So why make an expansion and then people cannot even get into it by making a huge area of poison right at the start? It’s like saying come buy a cake, but to eat it you first have to walk through the sewer a few times, but the cake is really nice IF you can get to it lol counting the Dollars for game.

It sounds like you’re imagining an issue where one does not exist. That poison field is only present during part of the event cycle and it only covers the keep itself and a small area outside of it. Your storyline instance entrance is located on the outside of the keep, just a few feet from the edge of the poison field. So why is it taking you half a minute to walk that distance? There are no obstacles. It’s flat ground. Just walk over to the instance marker and click “Yes” to enter. Was that so hard? Or am I missing something here?

Posted by: Sorin Noroku.5342

Sorin Noroku.5342

Boy are YOU going to have a good time in HoT maps!

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

OP, what is your build?

I am interested

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

lol must be RP walking through the poison

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Something tells me hes a Revnant that got boosted…. because the only other class that has lack luster direct healing is Thief, and they have more then enough mobility skills to make up the gap in this specific situation.

Silverwaste is also NOT a direct part of the expansion. And despite my grievances with the mordrem skill sets, they are still manageable with core class traits and a couple of control skills.

Posted by: DuelFlaga.1273

DuelFlaga.1273

Forum mod pls check this OP. He posted about himself trying to do updraft FOUR DAYS ago, and he “have the message to earn my glider basics to continue with the story “Establishing a Foothold”” SEVEN DAYS AGO..how could he posted this ONE day ago complaining that he “have not been able to actually play Heart of Thorns properly yet because for the last week I have been stuck in Camp Resolve”. He also never reply to those aforementioned thread, some people have called him out for being a troll who create unnecessary threads.

Posted by: TheMaverick.6104

TheMaverick.6104

Mind that in the first intance (mission) to get access to the HoT content you don’t have to kill all mobs, but just need to get to the end (where your mission marker is). You can run around mobs.

And you need to do this too, if you want to get throug the zone portal to Verdant Brink anyway.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

What poison? whenever I run through the silverwastes it’s pretty easy for me. At best I run into a few crippling devourers..

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

It sounds like you’re imagining an issue where one does not exist. That poison field is only present during part of the event cycle and it only covers the keep itself and a small area outside of it. Your storyline instance entrance is located on the outside of the keep, just a few feet from the edge of the poison field. So why is it taking you half a minute to walk that distance? There are no obstacles. It’s flat ground. Just walk over to the instance marker and click “Yes” to enter. Was that so hard? Or am I missing something here?

Wow, someone says he is having an issue and you say he is imagining it? Just because you don’t have an issue in that situation doesn’t mean no one else does. How rude.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Wow, someone says he is having an issue and you say he is imagining it? Just because you don’t have an issue in that situation doesn’t mean no one else does. How rude.

Tell you what. You use the words you want to use and I’ll use the words I want to use. That okay with you, bignose? How rude!

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Tell you what. You use the words you want to use and I’ll use the words I want to use. That okay with you, bignose? How rude!

Not sure why you think you know anything about my nose size, but ok…. O.o

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

RP walking over and not bothering to use your heal is the only way to die from that Noxious Gas. It takes around 7 seconds to walk over without swiftness. RP walk takes around 20. The gas deals 516 damage per second. Also must be a thief, guardian or elementalist to have low enough health.

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

PRESS “W” WALK THROUGH POISON. W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W W

Posted by: lokh.2695

lokh.2695

If you can’t make it through the poison you might reconsider goint into HoT-Areas in the near future and maybe, well, get a bit more xperienced with the game…not to say l2p…

+ : Keyrings, Underwater-Combat, Build Templates
- : Mounts, ViP-Player systems, HoT-like Xpacs
Have a nice day.