Sug: Allow us make and keep rev b4 release

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

I would like to roll a revenant sylvari trough the entire core story before the launch of the expansion, and then experience HoT with this character when expansion release. Is that ask too much?

Posted by: Xehanort.7034

Xehanort.7034

it’d be nice, but that’s simply not going to happen; mainly because they’re still in the process of making the revenant. they have another trait line to reveal, i’d assume some weapons to reveal, and an entire elite specialization to reveal. not to mention all of the balance testing they’d have to run for the traits and weapons, as well as the rev’s interaction with the 8 other classes.

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

Would be a hell of a reason to buy the Expac though…

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

This would just give people with max char slots an extra slot essentially when HoT releases

Posted by: Xehanort.7034

Xehanort.7034

This would just give people with max char slots an extra slot essentially when HoT releases

They did say that prepurchasing the expansion before release would give you an extra character slot.. if it’s possible, all they’d have to do is convert the beta character slot to a regular slot.

Would be a hell of a reason to buy the Expac though…

That it would. It would actually be a pretty interesting choice if they choose to release revenant early in it’s whole (minus the elite traitline, for obvious reasons) for those who prepurchase, under the condition that they make it painfully obvious that there’s going to be a lot of potential balance sweeps for it.

MauricioCezar.2673

I think I didn’t quite understood.

I talking for allow a creation on permanent character slots (Either the one we will get with xpac, or any of the one’s we already have unlocked). Not the “Beta slot” .

About It being a WiP, I am fine if they allow it even 2-3 weeks right before launch. I can run the whole story into a single weekend I believe

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I think I didn’t quite understood.

I talking for allow a creation on permanent character slots (Either the one we will get with xpac, or any of the one’s we already have unlocked). Not the “Beta slot” .

About It being a WiP, I am fine if they allow it even 2-3 weeks right before launch. I can run the whole story into a single weekend I believe

Except it has to be on the beta slot to have access to the Revenant at all. If it was on the non-beta slot, non pre-purchasers would have access. Plus all sorts of other issue would occur for the devs

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

What OP is asking is just not going to happen, at most they will announce something like the 3 day head start for the original launch if even that (the economy could suffer if they did that maybe, so they might not).

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

What OP is asking is just not going to happen, at most they will announce something like the 3 day head start for the original launch if even that (the economy could suffer if they did that maybe, so they might not).

The economy is going to go crazy regardless. People with inside information always stock up and fix prices way before us losers ever find out.

MauricioCezar.2673

I like your name along with your economy assumption

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I like your name along with your economy assumption

Heh, thanks… it is actually derived from “crisis” before I was very good with English and realized that “crisis” is not actually a plural and what the actual plural was. I just stuck with it and various variants of it because I found it wasn’t taken very often.