[Suggestion] Adventure rewards

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Add Mystic Coins as rewards. Each tier (bronze/silver/gold) = 1 Mystic Coin, and cap each reward once per account a day. You’d see a LOT of people playing them to death.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

(edited by Valento.9852)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That would be nice. I still wouldn’t bother with the adventures but other people will be willing torture themselves for them then I can buy cheaper coins.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I would like mystic coins to be more accessible to players, but being able to obtain 6 easy mystic coins every day (some adventures are kitten-easy to get gold on) seems like overkill. What about 1 coin for silver and 2 coins for gold? Or have it be a randomly chosen adventure every day, similar to dailies, and you can only obtain the mystic coins from that adventure to keep people from farming coins on the easiest adventures

Valento.9852

I would like mystic coins to be more accessible to players, but being able to obtain 6 easy mystic coins every day (some adventures are kitten-easy to get gold on) seems like overkill. What about 1 coin for silver and 2 coins for gold? Or have it be a randomly chosen adventure every day, similar to dailies, and you can only obtain the mystic coins from that adventure to keep people from farming coins on the easiest adventures

After a quick calculation I realized I was out of myself. Edited OP.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

Eh, I want a way to get more mystic coins, but even getting 1 mystic coin per adventure per day would likely make them valueless. Right now we only get 20 each month. Even 1 mystic coin per adventure per day is an obscene amount compared to the amount currently being created by active players.

That being said, adventures are in dire need of a massive reward buff. Events and Hero challenges rewards tons of tokens and loot while adventures feel like they give nothing in comparison.

I used to love playing adventures each day, but now that I’ve played them a lot and am more interested in rewards they feel like a waste of time.

And while I’m here, jumping puzzle rewards as well Anet?

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I used to love playing adventures each day, but now that I’ve played them a lot and am more interested in rewards they feel like a waste of time.

And while I’m here, jumping puzzle rewards as well Anet?

Jumping puzzles are their own reward.

But I wouldn’t object to more jp loot. And I do agree on adventures – they don’t offer much replayability once you’ve mastered them. All that’s left is rewards and ..well, the rewards are insufficient.

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

I think the issue with adventures is that all of them have the same rewards. The current rewards are fine for Salvage Pit, but not for some of the others. ANet would have to remake the whole Adventure reward system, and that’s probably not worth the time.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I think the issue with adventures is that all of them have the same rewards. The current rewards are fine for Salvage Pit, but not for some of the others. ANet would have to remake the whole Adventure reward system, and that’s probably not worth the time.

Each level of completion for each adventure has a different chest so it shouldn’t be too difficult to add things to specific chests.

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

Not a bad idea, though really it would only encourage players to do play a few of the easiest adventures and ignore the harder ones. You could offer higher rewards for certain adventures, or you could give additional mystic coins for people within the top 20 of each adventure each day. That way there is some incentive to tryhard for the easy adventures, and some incentive to play the hard adventures at all.

OriOri.8724

Not a bad idea, though really it would only encourage players to do play a few of the easiest adventures and ignore the harder ones. You could offer higher rewards for certain adventures, or you could give additional mystic coins for people within the top 20 of each adventure each day. That way there is some incentive to tryhard for the easy adventures, and some incentive to play the hard adventures at all.

I think that if this were implemented the best course of action would be to have a randomly chosen daily adventure and you can only gain mystic coins from there. Whether they are handed out to everyone who hits Silver/Gold or only the top XX players on the daily leaderboard is to be determined. But either way you shouldn’t let people farm the easiest adventures for mystic coins every day

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

I think that if this were implemented the best course of action would be to have a randomly chosen daily adventure and you can only gain mystic coins from there. Whether they are handed out to everyone who hits Silver/Gold or only the top XX players on the daily leaderboard is to be determined. But either way you shouldn’t let people farm the easiest adventures for mystic coins every day

Yeah I didn’t think of that, that’s a much better way to do it. I actually don’t really like my idea of giving rewards for top 20 or whatever because even though it’s cool in theory, at a certain point it would likely be bots winning every single day lol.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Mystic Coins are fine as they are. No changes / no new sources are needed in my opinion.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

OriOri.8724

Mystic Coins are fine as they are. No changes / no new sources are needed in my opinion.

Let me guess. You finished all of your legendaries years ago and don’t want newer players to catch up to you unless they fork over thousands of extra gold just for mystic coins, on top of the already high cost of making legendaries?

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Let me guess. You finished all of your legendaries years ago and don’t want newer players to catch up to you unless they fork over thousands of extra gold just for mystic coins, on top of the already high cost of making legendaries?

Actually, unless I’m mistaken, he DID finish ALL the legendaries, and quite recently. I remember a post where he showed the screenshot. It was impressive. Unless I’m thinking of someone else.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Add Mystic Coins as rewards. Each tier (bronze/silver/gold) = 1 Mystic Coin, and cap each reward once per account a day. You’d see a LOT of people playing them to death.

You’re assuming that ANet agrees that mystic coins are in need of a greater supply.

Speaking for myself, I’d hate this — I really am hoping never to do any adventures again. If I wanted to play console or puzzle games, I would have bought a console and/or Candy Crush etc.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

This is just another “i need something” thread which provides a method that the OP has to get those things.
If you need more mystic coins, get them from the TP like everyone else or save up the free ones you get until you have enough.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Valento.9852

This is just another “i need something” thread which provides a method that the OP has to get those things.
If you need more mystic coins, get them from the TP like everyone else or save up the free ones you get until you have enough.

There should be a TP-free option of acquiring Mystic Coin in a sustainable way. Preferrably incetivizing exploring other parts of the game. Mystic Coins shouldn’t be this scarce.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

(edited by Valento.9852)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Actually, unless I’m mistaken, he DID finish ALL the legendaries, and quite recently. I remember a post where he showed the screenshot. It was impressive. Unless I’m thinking of someone else.

I did all the precursor collections, but I am far from building all legendaries. Most of them look too ugly to me to build until I have plenty of resources to waste on it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

OriOri.8724

No surprise. I don’t actually care whether we get another source of Mystic Coins or not, it would be nice to have them be given out in a manner similar to the one described here but at the same time we don’t need it. I just don’t like the incredible toxicity that Malediktus has towards everyone else. If he put in effort to do something not only does he want ANet to never make it even slightly easier for other players to do the same thing, but he actually seems to want ANet to make it harder for other players to achieve the same things. Case in point he took advantage of making a lot of legendaries when the price of mystic coins was far far lower than it is now. He got 99% of the AP from historical achievements and has maxed out his daily AP yet insists that it somehow wouldn’t be fair to him for ANet to make it easier for newer players who missed those historical achievements to gain enough AP to start gaining pinnacle skins.