Suggestion: Chak Egg Sac

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: sosleepy.9341

sosleepy.9341

I would like to ask if the developers might be willing to consider a few suggestions on making the Chak Egg Sac more obtainable.

At present it seems like there is just no way of obtaining this item.

You can take a risk at GW2 Exchange Reddit, but if a dishonest person runs off with your gold I doubt the GMs are going to happily rollback your account so you are running quite a risk if you use this method. There are some reputable middlemen but let’s be honest, do you want to trust complete strangers with that much gold even if they are middlemen? I don’t feel comfortable. It runs into the thousands of USD if you were to try to buy that much gold using USD->Gem->Gold Exchange. Would you trust a stranger with a thousand USD? I wouldnt feel comfortable doing that.

But because there is enough of a base of people willing to take that risk although I am not, this item will most likely never be sold or traded over the official trading post. You can see there are many buy orders and none of them have moved.

I have run this Meta so much that I have already saved over 56 000 Ley Line Crystals and that is after having spent some of it to obtain Hive Master and Machine Weapons.

I’ve paid my dues with this Meta but I still can’t get that Egg Sac.

Might the developers be willing to:

1) put in some way of purchasing an egg sac using a ridiculous number of Ley Crystals?
2) raise the 10k limit on the trading post?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There are three ways to obtain the sac:

• Get lucky after running TD meta (that’s the actual source for all the eggs in circulation and there are more than the OP thinks).
  • Wait your turn in the TP queue (more sell via the TP than the OP thinks)
  • Use something like GW2 Exchange and a trusted middleman (of which there are several) or buy from a trust source — there are several who have a reputation to uphold; they are less likely to run away with your money than you are to forget to pay them.

I see no reason that this needs to change.

Mind you, I’d be happy if it did, because I love collecting auras and 10-15k is more than I’m willing to spend. But in the meantime, I don’t see anything wrong with super rare items in the game; it makes things more interesting.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

sosleepy.9341

May I ask if you have any statistical information on the TP queue to substantiate that there are actual sales going through it?

Buy order has been tied up there for a long long time now….

I approached a GM about GW2Exchange. The response I got was along the lines of “use at your own risk”. I do not feel much reassurance about a rollback if the trade goes wrong.

I have run the meta for around a year now daily, possibly more. Some days, up to 5 times a day…

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I never understood why people are willing to pay so much for a stupid aura. They look kittenty and stupid and are in the line with all those ridiculous crappy wings people running around.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

May I ask if you have any statistical information on the TP queue to substantiate that there are actual sales going through it?

According to https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/72021-Chak-Egg-Sac the last month has seen 11 trades. Currently there are 8 buy orders at 10k gold. Going three months back, the buy price has even dropped down to 9k several times.

sosleepy.9341

Thank you for sharing that link. The data is surprising.

According to the TP, the buy order I placed is 26 days old at the moment. When I posted it there were 6 others before and I became the 7th. It stayed at 7 buy orders till the last week when it increased to 8 giving the impression that it was not moving at all.

Yet this link shows that 7 transactions occured in the past 26 days (5th Aug to 31 Aug).

Even if we assume that a new buy order was quickly placed whenever one was sold to maintain the 7 buy orders (now eight), 7 transactions is greater than the position I queued for.

I dont mean to suggest that the website is incorrect but the trade volume and my experience and still outstanding buy order dont add up… It seems also quite unusual that there have been consistently 7 buy orders during this time. When a trade was filled, the buy orders never fell to six. It is possible that the 7th was always quickly placed but it seems like an unusual coincidence for this to repeat all 7 times so quickly during the 7 transactions in the last 26 days.

(edited by sosleepy.9341)

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

I think raising the 10k limit on the trade post would be the worst thing to happen since the ‘scaricity’ balancing that made leather much more expensive, where jute used to be king.

Most likely, what’s going to happen is you will have people constantly teasing how high they can raise the prices of a number of items before people are no longer willing to pay for them.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I approached a GM about GW2Exchange. The response I got was along the lines of “use at your own risk”. I do not feel much reassurance about a rollback if the trade goes wrong.

I have run the meta for around a year now daily, possibly more. Some days, up to 5 times a day…

You wont get a rollback but the player who took your money without giving item will most likely be perma banned. ( and they money poofs out of the economy)

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

• Get lucky after running TD meta (that’s the actual source for all the eggs in circulation and there are more than the OP thinks).
  • Use something like GW2 Exchange and a trusted middleman (of which there are several) or buy from a trust source — there are several who have a reputation to uphold; they are less likely to run away with your money than you are to forget to pay them.

Mind you, I’d be happy if it did, because I love collecting auras and 10-15k is more than I’m willing to spend. But in the meantime, I don’t see anything wrong with super rare items in the game; it makes things more interesting.

I think it’s a problem when items are so rare they’re worth more than the maximum price allowed in the Trading Post in a game where peer-to-peer trade function does not exist.

sosleepy.9341

I think raising the 10k limit on the trade post would be the worst thing to happen since the ‘scaricity’ balancing that made leather much more expensive, where jute used to be king.

Most likely, what’s going to happen is you will have people constantly teasing how high they can raise the prices of a number of items before people are no longer willing to pay for them.

Are there many other items that are trading underground on GW2Exchange Reddit above the 10k TP limit? I am only aware of this one.

sosleepy.9341

You wont get a rollback but the player who took your money without giving item will most likely be perma banned. ( and they money poofs out of the economy)

Perhaps, but still not a good outcome for the one who lost the gold….

And depending on where the gold has gone to, if deposited into a guild or elsewhere, it may not go “poof” as described…

sosleepy.9341

I think it’s a problem when items are so rare they’re worth more than the maximum price allowed in the Trading Post in a game where peer-to-peer trade function does not exist.

When it goes this high in price and players go to Reddit, it breaks the system designed by ANet. First there is no buyer protection or recourse. Second, it breaks ANETs system of 15% listing fee to take / exit some gold out of the system.

sosleepy.9341

Thank you for sharing that link. The data is surprising.

According to the TP, the buy order I placed is 26 days old at the moment. When I posted it there were 6 others before and I became the 7th. It stayed at 7 buy orders till the last week when it increased to 8 giving the impression that it was not moving at all.

Yet this link shows that 7 transactions occured in the past 26 days (5th Aug to 31 Aug).

Even if we assume that a new buy order was quickly placed whenever one was sold to maintain the 7 buy orders (now eight), 7 transactions is greater than the position I queued for.

I dont mean to suggest that the website is incorrect but the trade volume and my experience and still outstanding buy order dont add up… It seems also quite unusual that there have been consistently 7 buy orders during this time. When a trade was filled, the buy orders never fell to six. It is possible that the 7th was always quickly placed but it seems like an unusual coincidence for this to repeat all 7 times so quickly during the 7 transactions in the last 26 days.

Does anybody know how the queue system and the trading post works? If you submit a buy order for 10k , other people submit one for the same amount and then you submit a second one for 10 k, does your second order wait in queue or does it automatically move to the front of the line with your first order?

One possible explanation for why the data does not add up with my experience on the trading post is that I noticed throughout this time there is a buyer that has placed more than one order.

This might be a resourceful wealthy power trader that fills one order, due to the low trade volume of this item, has the second order on standby to maintain position in queue as the next order to be filled, sells the first item on Reddit for a profit since it trades above 10k and there is no listing fee, and replenishes gold to continuously queue additional buy orders of the item making it inaccessible to the rest of the buy orders.

This would force players into Reddit to obtain the item and bear that risk making it inaccessible through the TP.

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

Does anybody know how the queue system and the trading post works? If you submit a buy order for 10k , other people submit one for the same amount and then you submit a second one for 10 k, does your second order wait in queue or does it automatically move to the front of the line with your first order?

One possible explanation for why the data does not add up with my experience on the trading post is that I noticed throughout this time there is a buyer that has placed more than one order.

This might be a resourceful wealthy power trader that fills one order, due to the low trade volume of this item, has the second order on standby to maintain position in queue as the next order to be filled, sells the first item on Reddit for a profit since it trades above 10k and there is no listing fee, and replenishes gold to continuously queue additional buy orders of the item making it inaccessible to the rest of the buy orders.

This would force players into Reddit to obtain the item and bear that risk making it inaccessible through the TP.

yes that could be happening. the only way to counter that is really just for everyone stick to trading post. one of the above posters is correct. About 3 months ago this item was selling. It was when the legendary armor first came out. People needed gold. So orders started to fill on the trading post.

(edited by squallaus.8321)

Linken.6345

Perhaps, but still not a good outcome for the one who lost the gold….

And depending on where the gold has gone to, if deposited into a guild or elsewhere, it may not go “poof” as described…

ofcourse it will they can track the gold.

Linken.6345

yes that could be happening. the only way to counter that is really just for everyone stick to trading post. one of the above posters is correct. About 3 months ago this item was selling. It was when the legendary armor first came out. People needed gold. So orders started to fill on the trading post.

From my experience it get put after the other orders.

sosleepy.9341

According to https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/72021-Chak-Egg-Sac , there was a transaction 30 minutes ago. However, the number of buy orders remains at 8 for 10k.

I believe that the information tracked at https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/72021-Chak-Egg-Sac is incorrect. This is based on counting a total of eight transactions in the past 26 days, and watching the buy order I placed not filled with 6 ahead of me as well as occasional monitoring concluding that the number of buy orders has not changed during this past month.

The transaction that occurred 30 minutes ago with no change to the number of buy orders is further illustration that the data compiled at https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/72021-Chak-Egg-Sac might not be accurate.

Otherwise, it would imply that a buy order was filled, another was placed for the exact amount within the 30 minutes, and still does not account for how the buy order I placed has not been filled in the past month despite eight recorded transactions on this website.

It brings back to the original topic that this item is not accessible in game unless one is willing to take the risk at Reddit with no recourse to a trade gone wrong.

The alternative of farming the meta and getting lucky is not realistic speaking from personal experience.

The alternative explanation is that it is possible to jump the queue if you already have a buy order next in line although linken.6345 has said this is not the case.

gw2spidy doesnt show any buy sell movement at all on this item via TP (unless I dont know how to read data on spidy) so I am inclined to believe the item is not accessible via TP.