Suggestion: Event Mobs Should Drop Loot

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: grknwrt.5493

grknwrt.5493

I would like to see mobs spawned from events drop loot again in HoT, but also keep the event rewards in the end. Its not fun to kill those mobs and see that they do not reward you at all like in Silverwastes, only completing events do. Events can be adjusted to prevent over rewarding in the end perhaps?

Just make it so that champions (spawned from events only) will no longer give champ boxes but they have increased chances to give better quality loot like veteran mobs do to prevent farming.

With the new Pact Commander Mastery line having auto loot, it would be great to see those rewards return.

Personally, i feel i will be forced to tag events like in Silverwastes, because defending forts have little rewards compared to the tagging every single event out there and will have to do that in HoT to better reward my time, after the first time experiencing those events.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

The event chests was done specifically to remove the variance associated with mob drop tables, and focus us on event completion rather then event farming.

Honestly, if you think SW is unrewarding, you probably weren’t around for year 1 orr, with its messily 110% fully boosted magic find, in full explorers gear, spending days on end farming for a hand full of T6 mats, maybe 1 or 2 lodestones/core, and few dusts to show for your efforts.

You’d have to be completely AFK in Camp resolve, on any class other then Ranger to not get ungodly amounts of loot. And the only reason I mentioned the Ranger, is because that pet on auto attack is more then enough to get event credit.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Yep. And then people will find an event that spawns enemies infinitely and requires a condition to be met in order for the event to succeed (or fail).

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

There’s a reason event mobs have little to no loot, and we only have ourselves to blame.

grknwrt.5493

The event chests was done specifically to remove the variance associated with mob drop tables, and focus us on event completion rather then event farming.

Honestly, if you think SW is unrewarding, you probably weren’t around for year 1 orr, with its messily 110% fully boosted magic find, in full explorers gear, spending days on end farming for a hand full of T6 mats, maybe 1 or 2 lodestones/core, and few dusts to show for your efforts.

You’d have to be completely AFK in Camp resolve, on any class other then Ranger to not get ungodly amounts of loot. And the only reason I mentioned the Ranger, is because that pet on auto attack is more then enough to get event credit.

I didn’t say SW is unrewarding, i think its the most rewarding content in the game with the time spent(playing) but the point still stands:

Unrewarding mobs are not fun, render my magic find almost useless and I can tag all the events, go afk in some safe spot while being %90 of the time afk and every single loot will come to me.

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

The problem with event mobs dropping loot is that it moves the focus away from the actual objective of the event, and it encourages everyone to play builds focused around tagging mobs.

Posted by: Alkalissa.1706

Alkalissa.1706

I’d also like to disagree with OP; many events in the old areas of the game feel like a race to tag enemies before the zerg kills them just to get a reward (Modniir Ulgoth pre is a nightmare for this); the SW style makes sure you’re not missing out by helping, and also seems to make people more inclined to positions themselves helpfully for the objective, not the loot.

grknwrt.5493

The problem with event mobs dropping loot is that it moves the focus away from the actual objective of the event, and it encourages everyone to play builds focused around tagging mobs.

I have suggested that the champions spawned from these events (only) should not give champ bags but they should have veteran loot table now and if the event completion rewards like in Silverwastes also kept, it should completely remove mob farming – fail farming behavior. Mob loot won’t work without this system.

Further adjustments can be made to balance the rewards from these events.

You don’t see people in Cursed Shore breaking the game with their loot, its highly subpar to the SW rewards, but people still do it and feel rewarded depending on their magic find and don’t afk see many afking people there like in SW.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Event mobs dropping loot has always been simply broken. The more people you bring, the easier it gets, but more mobs spawns, so you AoE and get far more loot.

Silverwastes is the simplest method that is fair to everyone. If scaled mobs are going to drop loot, the drop rate should factor in their scaling. It shouldn’t matter if you bring 10 or 100 people. Contribution also really needs to be improved to be more than simply dealing ~0.001% in damage.

Personally, I prefer the method used in Silverwastes simply so I don’t have to deal with a full inventory every few events. HoT goes back to dropping loot, which I didn’t bother with in the beta.