[Suggestion] Give us more mesmer-ish armors !

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: crismuno.4210

crismuno.4210

Since we are going to old places familiar to us old Guild Wars old timers, give us some of the old marvelously dandy mesmer armors back http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mesmer_armor

( man, that dilettante’s armor was beautiful )

also give us this http://www.videogamesartwork.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_node/public/images/image/1377109187/guildwars2_armor_7175263_by_kekai_kotaki.jpg?itok=Mo3kvtA-

Posted by: darkm.4839

darkm.4839

Almost all of the armor in GW2 is too mesmer-ish. There’s not enough to suit a necromancer or elementalist. Especially necromancer.

crismuno.4210

too be honest not at all, mostly are elementalists or necromancers related

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

to be fair if you check the wiki there is quite a wide range of armours
but for a game based purely on cosmetic progression there really needs to be way more

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

too be honest not at all, mostly are elementalists or necromancers related

They do look mostly elementalist-like. Few look to suit a mesmer or necro like the old armors.

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

I’d desperately like to see a light armor that has a stylized angled-cut skirt like the Viper and Phalanx sets.

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

Loved the old world female Mesmer armor. I’d prefer to run around in tights then a skirt.

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

Loved the old world female Mesmer armor. I’d prefer to run around in tights then a skirt.

Hey now, one skirt isn’t gonna kill ya.

Besides, if you’re truly old world, then perhaps you’ve forgotten what our Obsidian armor looked like =P

Black obsidian + chaos gloves = WIN!

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Hey now, one skirt isn’t gonna kill ya.

Besides, if you’re truly old world, then perhaps you’ve forgotten what our Obsidian armor looked like =P

Black obsidian + chaos gloves = WIN!

The only thing that was good about Mesmer obby was the top. I mixed the top with tight pants and big boots, sexy as hell. I also had cute lil dragon gauntlets

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

crismuno.4210

I’m a " fashion-victim " about this things ( I’m Italian, a close friend of mine is into fashion accademy plus I’m one that note details like a detective ) and i remembered well those old armors, I played GW1 for all its years and with a single character, a mesmer. I used to wear him with winter, desert, city outfits just because i had fun doing it ( as I do in GW2 ) and I had a small collection of armors in my inventory ( again, still doing it in GW). I loved them all, so fresh, so inspired, so full of little hi-res details.

While I’m not particullary uspet about " going ahead " I’m more into " respect traditions ", I’d like some new fashions ( like Masquerade set, aristrocrat that are more venetianish ) but keeping an eye to the past. Fact is that, to my eyes, I was never not totally caught about new mesmer-related armors because they never did look as inspired and sharp as the old ones ( some exeptions, but still a small % ), because of some design choice, some textures that on males look oddly low-res and some clearly lacking dyes sections.

On countrary I’d hardly disliked GW1 mesmer’s armor, they were just so awesome and each and every one of them tells you with all their little details that someone did really love them when they were drawn.

Again, I don’t know, they just look so poorly inspired to my eyes

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i’ll say the same thing i said on the thread that popped on reddit with the exact same topic.

GW1 mesmer

My mesmer

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

(edited by Saint.5647)

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

yes it was u that i was looking for

crismuno.4210

i’ll say the same thing i said on the thread that popped on reddit with the exact same topic.

GW1 mesmer

My mesmer

I have it and use it but I found some decisions awful.
THE ARMOR for the people coming loyaly from their previous game they put on broken dyes schemes ( if you color the shirt you also color the waistcoat, totally the countrary of the concept art )

While i’m not particullary excited about this new outfit ( OUTFITS, some of them may look cool but they make me feel cold about it, you cant mix-match with other armors ) I’m still happy because of the direction taken way more similar to GW1.

Still this outfit looks " poorly inspired " to my eyes.
Fore example, look at those doodles on the jacket and pants, they are totally RANDOM imho, just to make it feel MORE COMPLEX.
Now look at old mesmer armors, you’ll never see one of those shiny-random-doodles and yet they look way more pondered when drawn ( and way more cool ).

They totally forgot the aehstaetic spirit and main characteristics for that class ( pants ?! )

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

GW1 mesmer

My mesmer

THE ARMOR for the people coming loyaly from their previous game they put on broken dyes schemes ( if you color the shirt you also color the waistcoat, totally the countrary of the concept art )

huh? the corset and the jacket (for the lack of a better term) are on separate channels. the only thing that gets in the way of the concept art is that the boots and the outer skirt are on the same channel, but the difference is negligible.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

crismuno.4210

GW1 mesmer

My mesmer

huh? the corset and the jacket (for the lack of a better term) are on separate channels. the only thing that gets in the way of the concept art is that the boots and the outer skirt are on the same channel, but the difference is negligible.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/1zyem2b.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/R4TXK96.jpg

your shirt and you waistcoat share the same color and it’s depressing, if you check the female picture up above you see her waistcoat and her shirt ( coming out from the sleeve ) green