Suggestion: Hero's Choice Chest

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

So, for the most part I like this chest you can get in each map once a day. And for the most part the best item to get is the amalgamated gemstone. But, what if you needed say bottles of Airship Oil, or leyline sparks, auric dust? Looking at this once a day chest getting a single. Solitary. One. Is not worth the cost of what else is in here. The amount we can now get from one of the regular chests you loot such Airship Cargo, etc. tends to give you one if not more than.

My suggestion is simple. Why not give 30- 50 of these account bound items instead of 1? Then it becomes worth getting like the other items within.

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

I feel the same about that. 1 of those is just so meaningless because if you’re capped on them (like me) you avoid them either way, no matter if it’s 1 or 100. But those who do need them are gonna go with either the gemstone (because they need it for the legendary itself or sell it) or the package of keys because you are guaranteed to get more of them from the stashes.

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

Yep, choose the one with keys and currency. Those keys will give you more of the items you need than the single choice item from the meta events. And with the exception of Verdant Brink you can use the currency you get to buy even more keys to get more of the items you need. I think adding a single Airshop Oil/Auric Dust/Leyline Spark is pretty laughable compared to how many you get from opening the chests on the map, but am not too bothered with it. My material storage is practically full of those items anyway (well over a thousand of each now).