Suggestion: Infinite UB Magic tool

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

What about conceptually merging the functionality of the copper or silver fed salvage-o-matic and the infinite harvesting tools? Sell in the gem store a set of infinite salvage tools that generate unbound magic at the same rate as the existing ones, but charge karma for each swing, much like the salvage kits charge per use. Anet could charge a convenience premium of twice the karma per swing than the existing tools and I am pretty sure folks would still go for it. This model could also work for other map currencies that they might add in later.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Interesting idea, but I’d rather they just make it so you didn’t have to confirm every time you want to salvage one of the currencies. One of the reasons people prefer to farm Bitterfrost is because the berries are consumable. I don’t know they went away from that model other than the theme of salvaging a piece of ore versus just eating a berry.

At the very least add a tab below salvage all uncommon/masterwork/rare to give the option to salvage these currencies.

Or a mystic forge recipes for these currencies to combine them into a larger piece of said currency and salvage/consume it.

I was honestly wondering at one point if they were going to make some special item with the mystic forge in which you could combine these currencies, but I don’t think that has ever been the plan.